Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
giani
18 Sep 17 13:57
| Topic/replies: 45 | Blogger: giani's blog
Just received the book today and just started on it after reading a few bits and bobs. Obviously a marmite character, you love or hate him. I like the bloke, lets face it he has led a very colourful life and lets be honest we would all like to stick our 2 fingers up at the system like he has and punt for a living and not deal with the day to day working life. What I have never understood though is when he goes skint how does he get refinanced to start gambling again. If I lost every penny I owned through losing it on one bet my life would be ruined and it would take me years to recover. Also losing 2.5 Million on the All Blacks. If I had that much money I would stick a million in some investment or savings account for security.That would have ruined anyone and drove alot to suicide. You hear about people losing everything through gambling being compulsive gamblers and Harry comes across as being a compulsive gambler so how does he start these massive bets again after going skint ? I would love to be a Pro Gambler and stick my 2 fingers up at the system but reading about Harrys life it seems 100 times more stressful than actually doing a 9-5 job and betting on the side. Losing all that money would make the average person ill. Fascinating character though all the same
Pause Switch to Standard View Harry Findlay Book
Show More
Report Gerbs September 18, 2017 3:00 PM BST
theres a big thread further down the forum

he never went skint after the all blacks  he lost half of what he had on that bet
Report Deltâ September 18, 2017 3:00 PM BST
at the top now for you giani

this one

Harry Findlay - what is he up to now?
    ColinLewis     679     18 Sep 17 14:59
Report Barton Bank September 18, 2017 6:54 PM BST
Well, the obvious answer is that the £2.5 million he lost on the All Blacks wasn't his entire bank. He must have had more cash or other assets. Still, never having blown that amount of money on a bet myself I find it hard to understand quite hope you cope with the mental impact of doing it in like that! Might be an interesting read.
Report xmoneyx September 18, 2017 8:21 PM BST
giana copying your post onto other thread
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com