Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
piston
16 Apr 17 14:16
| Topic/replies: 374 | Blogger: piston's blog
WILL THIS EVER BE RIOGHT
Pause Switch to Standard View SITE AWFULLY SLOW TO REFRESH...
Show More
Report Go to War April 16, 2017 2:27 PM BST
As previously posted, I have had this problem since start of racing last Thursday. I've done all the cookie clearing and I have tried IE and Chrome without success.

In running for me is unusable, it takes ages to refresh and its only after the race I find out if my 'lay' has been matched.

I'm using Virgin, don't know if that is an issue.

Has anyone got something I can try which will rectify this?

Thanks.
Report Percy Filth April 16, 2017 2:39 PM BST
Stopped using firefox now, chrome doesn't seem to be too bad.
Down to betfair now, don't hold your breath
Report AFTERTHOUGHT April 16, 2017 2:43 PM BST
Switched to chrome and seems better - firefox & ie frozen - site is bloated with scripts and adverts - use mobile app if struggling
Report madhatters April 16, 2017 2:45 PM BST
Seems to have kick started to life in last half hour
Firefox
Report STUDYFORM April 16, 2017 2:50 PM BST
Using Chrome, very slow.... completely cleaned and disabled everything unnecessary on computer....
is there no affirmation of this from BF?
Report piston April 16, 2017 2:55 PM BST
I am using Chrome on one PC and dreadful....also using Windows 10
Got another PC using Windows 7 and IE and just as bad
Report broadsword April 16, 2017 3:01 PM BST
a lot of things not working very well on the site
Report houseofpain April 16, 2017 3:02 PM BST
chrome here and like treacle have given up the in running, pre race only.
Report Aberdeen Angus April 16, 2017 4:28 PM BST
using firefox when hovering over a horse the info box sticks on screen. Then when move to other horses those boxes stick on screen too. Screen wont refresh. Cant move from one market to another either. Tried live chat yesterday and was told nothing they could do and best to use google chrome - useless
Report jamesdean April 16, 2017 4:34 PM BST
Tried live chat yesterday and was told nothing they could do

Astonishing
Report STUDYFORM April 16, 2017 4:50 PM BST
Was on Win10 chrome at work.
now home, Win7 and IE.

Slightly different varieties of slow and not working properly, but things are definitely not right.
Report cardenden April 16, 2017 5:00 PM BST
back to normal now
Report cardenden April 16, 2017 5:19 PM BST
seems perfect now
Report Kriskin April 16, 2017 5:52 PM BST
Chrome is still running slow
Report boingingbaggie April 16, 2017 6:05 PM BST
Doing exactly the same thing on Chrome, Angus.
Report Aberdeen Angus April 16, 2017 7:12 PM BST
Gave her 0/10 for everything in the customer satisfaction survey that followed
Report sparrow April 16, 2017 7:39 PM BST
Strange that some are having problems but not others.
Report wroughtironronn April 16, 2017 7:49 PM BST
It's been hopeless yesterday and today, taking ages to accept a bet and then not loading properly

I wondered if it was the volume of internet traffic over Easter
Report salmon spray April 16, 2017 7:54 PM BST
I'm in Windows 10 and with BT.
It was OK until a few days ago. Now the pages are taking a long time to load but even worse the refresh button is not working. I have tried putting auto-refresh on to 1sec but in fact it is refreshing about every two mins. I mainly play the US racing where you have to bet late and it's becoming a complete joke. Half the time I don't whether my bet has been matched until after the race has finished. I've tried Chrome as well as my usual Firefox and there's not much difference.
Report sparrow April 16, 2017 7:58 PM BST
I just had a bet or two at Woodbine without any delay, salmon. I use Chrome on Windows 8.1.
Report broadsword April 16, 2017 7:58 PM BST
some strange glitches happening:

was just on trump specials....went to  lay  the 5  being requested  (on trump lasting thru 2017} for £55..........but everytime i put in 55 in the amount box it was jumping over to the odds box as though  i was offering odds of 55 and not 5...........WTF?......very dangerous

Scared
be careful out there
Report broadsword April 16, 2017 8:06 PM BST
*not lasting thru 2017
Report salmon spray April 17, 2017 12:30 AM BST

Apr 16, 2017 -- 7:58PM, sparrow wrote:

I just had a bet or two at Woodbine without any delay, salmon. I use Chrome on Windows 8.1.

My laptop is only about 6 weeks old so it has Windows 10 installed.
I must admit I don't like Windows 10 ( Microsoft updated my old one without my explicit permission and I suspect it helped kill the thing  Devil) but tbf this one was working OK until a few days ago and I haven't noticed problems on other sites.

Report onlooker April 17, 2017 1:40 AM BST
Hi salmon,

If your, "laptop is only about 6 weeks old," - and you are experiencing issues.

Then THAT IS worrying - as a new laptop should be 'as sweet as a nut'.

It  must, therefore, be either Windows 10 compatibility (would not be surprised) - or your Internet Service Provider connection.

Knowing you, I doubt that you will have been fiddling about with, or experimenting with Settings, so the issue is, indeed, baffling - as ...

My Desktop computer is nearly 6 years old - and I have just tried various markets, and selecting prices, on Chrome, Firefox, and IE, with INSTANT response,and NO issues on all Browsers.

Likewise - were the majority of Betfair users experiencing issues - then the Forum would be awash with threads - as opposed to just this one thread.

Who is your Internet Service Provider?
Report REDROB April 17, 2017 8:07 AM BST
^^ onlloker, there have been various threads on this issue. I have 2 pc's and a laptop and have been having the same problems as the OP. But today all seems fine, fingers crossed.
Report sparrow April 17, 2017 8:20 AM BST
Maybe it's an ISP problem. I'm with Sky and have experienced none of the problems shown above.
Report houseofpain April 17, 2017 8:41 AM BST

Apr 16, 2017 -- 7:58PM, broadsword wrote:

some strange glitches happening:was just on trump specials....went to  lay  the 5  being requested  (on trump lasting thru 2017} for £55..........but everytime i put in 55 in the amount box it was jumping over to the odds box as though  i was offering odds of 55 and not 5...........WTF?......very dangerousbe careful out there

i had two identical bets entered twice yesterday, both luckily went in my favour, site is far from stable be careful peolpe, also pages jumping all over the show. Im with sky sparrow so cant be that.

Report salmon spray April 17, 2017 9:09 AM BST
I'm with BT,other people having problems have said they are with other providers. onlooker is quite right that I don't mess about with settings,except in the case of auto-refresh,which didn't work so I put it back where it was. Reluctant to contact my ISP as I can't say I am having problems on other sites,including this forum,which I have separately bookmarked.
Report Brian April 17, 2017 10:18 AM BST
I'm using two computers, both Windows 7, and using both Chrome and Firefox with Sky as ISP. Terrible Betfair problems with slow refreshes and screen jumping around. I'm hardly playing in-running as a result because its like playing Russian roulette.

Sadly I suspect very few of us (I haven't) are contacting Betfair because we have so little faith in their customer services.
Report RothmanMike April 17, 2017 10:29 AM BST
Problems here also for a few weeks, despite new PC only 2 months ago.
Have BT and just upgrading to Infinity hoping to resolve issues.
Not too optimistic having read the above posts.
Report tommycockles April 17, 2017 10:40 AM BST
Also had problems for the past few days; just tried to put a lay up in a cricket market, 1.04 for £500. Came up as 4 for £500. Glad I double checked. Be careful out there. (using windows 7 firefox, EE my isp)
Report boingingbaggie April 17, 2017 10:46 AM BST
Betfair, slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww as piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssss

It is their fault, not someone else's; not internet provider, not settings
Report Go to War April 17, 2017 11:22 AM BST
As others I have experienced jumping/changing odds, in-running is simply unusable.

What I find shocking is Betfair's complete lack of acknowledgement that there is an on-going problem, it's now 5 days.

No service announcement, no apology, at least if there was then we might think it was being dealt with and rectified. As it stands Betfair once again are treating their customers with complete disregard.

This was a great concept, now it has got so big they have forgotten(I suspect they never did) that the customer should be treated with care and consideration. The problem is that there isn't a credible alternative and I suspect if there were then Betfair would HAVE to become more customer focussed.
Report Kriskin April 17, 2017 11:55 AM BST

Apr 17, 2017 -- 10:29AM, RothmanMike wrote:

Problems here also for a few weeks, despite new PC only 2 months ago.Have BT and just upgrading to Infinity hoping to resolve issues.Not too optimistic having read the above posts.

RM - Nothing to do with upgrading ur PC or ISP service.  The problem lies within the Betfair platform

Report salmon spray April 17, 2017 12:05 PM BST
Are the saying anything on Tw@tter ?
Report salmon spray April 17, 2017 12:06 PM BST
*they
Report jamesdean April 17, 2017 12:10 PM BST
Just checked exchange after reading all the comments. Have to say it's working totally fine here, if anything it's quicker
than it has been, strange. All on laptop btw
Report Brian April 17, 2017 1:04 PM BST
Just a few races in but seems a lot better. Here's hoping.
Report cardenden April 17, 2017 1:09 PM BST
its cappoot again
Report Percy Filth April 17, 2017 1:30 PM BST
Bad as ever on firefox, chrome seems ok
Report Brian April 17, 2017 1:34 PM BST
Chrome might be the answer to my improvement as now working solely off Chrome.
Report tips April 17, 2017 1:41 PM BST
yeah sticky todayCry
Report inrunninggg April 17, 2017 1:52 PM BST
everytime i try to lay at say 3.2  inrunning...i go to put the the amount to LAY in and it jumps back into the price section.....Be very carefull guys....people are going to get BURNT badly !!!!!!!!
Report guinness2dear April 17, 2017 2:08 PM BST
I get that, it's not safe until the price turns blue.
Report broadsword April 17, 2017 2:09 PM BST
yep.......site just isnt responding to clicks fast enough
Report piston April 17, 2017 2:14 PM BST
Today's report so far
1...Even asked me to LOGIN to post a reply....even though already logged in
2...Bets sit there for 15 seconds before being matched even if price showing is that the price I want is  is available ..A severe IN RUNNING issue
3...Changing a race on exchange takes about 15 seconds to show new race prices
4...Even though I have settings on BF to show price changes every 2 seconds it sometimes takes 10 to 15 seconds to change
5....Sometimes get error 404 when looking at BF My account
6....Need I go on about another few issues

ALL OTHER WEBSITES ARE FINE INCLUDING BETDA? (however on there you cannot watch in running on ATR races)

THESE PROBLEMS EXIST ON 2 DIFFERENT LAPTOPS USING 2 DIFFERENT OP SYSTEMS ( one on Windows 10 Chrome and one on Windows 7 IE ). BOTH HAVE HAD CACHE CLEARANCE DONE AND COOKIES CLEARED ETC ETC

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!
Report salmon spray April 17, 2017 2:19 PM BST
I'd settle for 10/15 secs at the moment. Mine is taking 2 mins to refresh however I set auto-refresh and the refresh button doesn't work any more.
Report onlooker April 17, 2017 2:21 PM BST
^ Surely, then -  With ALL those DIFFERENT machines, and Operating Systems, suffering similar stutterings  -

That could easily point to your Internet Service Provider CONNECTION/ROUTE TO BETFAIR being flawed.

That has been an issue in the past.
Report piston April 17, 2017 2:25 PM BST
seems strange that someone said on here that they were having problems with Virgin Media and I use BT and ALSO why do all other sites work OK including BET**Q
Report madhatters April 17, 2017 2:26 PM BST
The one constant Looky is trying to view BF
Report salmon spray April 17, 2017 2:35 PM BST
There seems to be no connection with browsers,Service Providers or even brands of computers onlooker.
What does seem common to those of us having problems is that it started about 5/6 days ago. Incidentally does anybody have a number you can ring them on to raise this issue. The customer service number on help only gives you options to make bets,payments etc.
Report dave1357 April 17, 2017 2:35 PM BST
ffs will you guys download one of geekstoy/gruss/betangel and stop moaning because you are using the worst possible betting interface and getting the predicted results.
Report salmon spray April 17, 2017 2:36 PM BST
I have no intention of downloading that sort of crap. I am interested in having a bet not becoming an IT geek.
Report onlooker April 17, 2017 2:46 PM BST
salmon - 0344 871 0000 ... then Option 4

Unfortunately, though, you will nowadays be connected to somewhere in the Colonies.
Report treetop April 17, 2017 2:51 PM BST
Does the problem not involve permissions within the browsers ? I have cleared cache and cookiesbut recall some months ago being told on the forum that ticking (or unticking) certain permissions enabled BF to operate better. Cant recall the details though,just thinking aloud.
Report salmon spray April 17, 2017 2:53 PM BST
Thanks onlooker.
I might try tomorrow if no improvement. I'm not joining pernicious ( imo ) sites such as Facebook or,even worse,Twitter just to talk to Betfair.
Report sparrow April 17, 2017 2:57 PM BST
I think there was a Windows Update last week.
Could this have had some impact on a few of you?
Report piston April 17, 2017 3:08 PM BST
strange all problems from last week or two  have cleared without me doing anything.....will  not count my chickens just yet
Report dave1357 April 17, 2017 3:17 PM BST

Apr 17, 2017 -- 2:36PM, salmon spray wrote:

I have no intention of downloading that sort of crap. I am interested in having a bet not becoming an IT geek.

from your posts in this thread, you appear to be getting very IT geeky indeed in your quest to put on a bet.

Report tips April 17, 2017 3:54 PM BST
problems since windows updates last week not too bad here touch wood but not perfect
Report geoff m April 17, 2017 3:57 PM BST
absolutely awfull here bets submitted dissappearing into the ether
Report salmon spray April 17, 2017 4:16 PM BST
It's improved for me on GB racing this afternoon.
I mainly concentrate on US racing though where it has been consistently awful for nearly a week.
Will Rogers at 7.05 will be the test for me.
Report tips April 17, 2017 4:59 PM BST
sh!t there Sadoh christSad
Report samsson April 17, 2017 5:22 PM BST
Been awful all week.
Report Brian April 18, 2017 1:44 PM BST
Weird after a good day yesterday, back to nightmare today for me.
Report TameTheTiger April 18, 2017 1:58 PM BST
placing a bet is slow, in running refresh is about once every 30 seconds
Report Twoboyz April 18, 2017 2:06 PM BST
Odds and stake jumping boxes
Report geoff m April 18, 2017 2:27 PM BST
taking longer than an ATR live picture for bets to hit the screen
Report BIG GURU April 18, 2017 2:37 PM BST
Startrd off ok here,slowing down now Cry
Report piston April 18, 2017 3:26 PM BST
same here....started off fine but gradually deteriorating to its usual cr*p self
Report guinness2dear April 18, 2017 3:26 PM BST
For anyone on Chrome; if ye right-click on refresh and reload, it does liven it up..
Report broadsword April 18, 2017 4:01 PM BST
yep probs here too
Report bluff April 18, 2017 4:36 PM BST
I give up -can't bet on here at the moment-just too frustrating. No apology or explanation from BF-they dont seem to care about their customers.
Report piston April 18, 2017 4:54 PM BST
guiness2dear......you are a star mate as it worked brill for me......WHY DON'T BF CUSTOMER SERVICES DO THEIR JOB AND TELL US THE RESOLUTION...THEY ARE SH1T
Report BIG GURU April 18, 2017 5:24 PM BST
Worked for me too G2D,really should have tried that mesel
Report guinness2dear April 18, 2017 5:36 PM BST
5 guineas each chaps..
Report Brian April 18, 2017 9:12 PM BST
I've been trying to understand the problems of the last few days and have come up with a possible conspiracy theory. Probably nuts but here it is.

Betfair have introduced a method of dealing with resource pressures by prioritising users. One of the factors pertaining to low priority is the amount of time who have been logged on  (using their Betfair interface as Gruss users etc don't seem to be affected) though you seem to be able to reset your status by reloading the home page (or logging off and on presumably).

Yesterday it was fine for me until the Irish Grand National when you would expect some more activity. Today G2D identified the reloading of Betfair improved the situation. Both these events fit in.

Well that's the best I can come up with.
Report sparrow April 18, 2017 9:36 PM BST
I use the standard betfair page and have experienced no problems whatsoever. The whole thing seems a complete mystery as to why a number of users are having this trouble.
Report matso April 19, 2017 2:31 AM BST
This is a Nightmare .. Surely Betfair are aware
Report ShowMeGreeen April 19, 2017 6:55 AM BST
my balance repeatedly appearimg as loading

its not that big ffs
Report ShowMeGreeen April 19, 2017 6:55 AM BST
my balance repeatedly appearimg as loading

its not that big ffs
Report Smar Tarse April 19, 2017 7:57 AM BST
Don't think i have read any post regarding anti-virus or firewalls. They need to be temporarily turned off whilst on the exchange to see if things improve.
Report sparrow April 19, 2017 8:02 AM BST
The problems being experienced by some will not be relieved by switching off your security.
Report Smar Tarse April 19, 2017 8:11 AM BST
How do you know that sparrow ?
Report Brian April 19, 2017 8:52 AM BST
Something has changed. Various ISPs, browsers and o/s have been mentioned, anti-virus and firewalls haven't changed.

The answer has to be with Betfair.
Report Smar Tarse April 19, 2017 9:48 AM BST
Anti virus might have changed with an update, it has been known. Nothing bad is going to happen just by temporarily disabling them whilst ONLY on the Betfair site. It is one more thing to eliminate that hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

If it is a network problem then the end user will have to use something like Wireshark to get to the problem.  https://www.wireshark.org
Report piston April 19, 2017 4:07 PM BST
GUYS...I have copied and pasted a recommendation from guiness2dear yesterday....I have done this every couple of races and its been great for 24 hrs
  ( which is the best its been for a couple of weeks).....HOWEVER THIS TELLS ME THAT BF HAS A PROBLEM THAT THEY SHOULD BE FIRSTLY FIXING AND SECONDLY TELLING THEIR CUSTOMERS....If they care of course....The recommendation is below

For anyone on Chrome; if ye right-click on refresh and reload, it does liven it up..
Report pete_de April 19, 2017 4:11 PM BST
piston    yep that just worked for me
Report piston April 19, 2017 4:20 PM BST
makes you wonder if BF Customer Services are asleep or just don't care
Report geoff m April 19, 2017 4:23 PM BST
both
Report houseofpain April 19, 2017 4:24 PM BST

Apr 19, 2017 -- 4:07PM, piston wrote:

GUYS...I have copied and pasted a recommendation from guiness2dear yesterday....I have done this every couple of races and its been great for 24 hrs   ( which is the best its been for a couple of weeks).....HOWEVER THIS TELLS ME THAT BF HAS A PROBLEM THAT THEY SHOULD BE FIRSTLY FIXING AND SECONDLY TELLING THEIR CUSTOMERS....If they care of course....The recommendation is belowFor anyone on Chrome; if ye right-click on refresh and reload, it does liven it up..

right click where

Report guinness2dear April 19, 2017 4:26 PM BST
Another 5 guineas for meeeee.
Report pete_de April 19, 2017 4:29 PM BST
; if ye right-click on REFRESH and reload, it does liven it up
Report geoff m April 19, 2017 4:38 PM BST
houseofpain right click on your mouse and reload will come up as an option
Report tips April 19, 2017 4:40 PM BST
right click on refresh
Report houseofpain April 19, 2017 4:41 PM BST
Just worked it out im a bit slow, will give it a try thx.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com