Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SoYouThink
16 Mar 17 14:10
| Topic/replies: 1,396 | Blogger: SoYouThink's blog
Disko looks the one to be on in the opener today. I thought it was a bold front running performance in the Flogas Novice Chase and it's rare you see horses so strung out at Leopardstown. That was a G1 remember. I think he's delivering on the promise he showed as a bumper horse and I would fancy him to lead from the front (Apples Jade and Willoughby Court have already done it this week). Only slight concern is the ground but he did finish second in a G1 Bumper at Punchestown.

Yorkhill has the best hurdle form of these but also is the least experienced over fences, and some would argue it's the lack of jumping practice that will catch him out. I tend to agree and his public schooling session only adds further strength to that belief. Top Notch is an honest performer but to a certain extent has been found at G1 level. He has reasonably good Cheltenham form in weakish renewals of the Triumph and Champion hurdles and although he did win at Sandown, that race is a rarely a good pointer to Cheltenham. Paul Nicholls has an inclination to talk up his horses beyond what they're capable of late and I expect Politologue will end up being another Aux Ptit Soins or Clan Des Obeaux in that he fails to justifies his trainer's confidence.

The other 4 four are fighting it out for place money at best. I normally find that the JLT ends up cutting a bit and I think it has done again. If you share my doubts about Yorkhill, then Disko is a good punt to maintain Ireland's good record in the race.
Pause Switch to Standard View Disko in the JLT
Show More
Report Sharapour March 16, 2017 1:28 PM GMT
Agreed. I think he has a great chance. Politologue too.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com