Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DIK DASTARDLY
15 Mar 17 19:46
| Topic/replies: 554 | Blogger: DIK DASTARDLY's blog
Its hard to keep a secret in horse racing .
Matt Chapman said it was pretty common knowledge in the Mullins yard that Douvan was not in the form of his life after poorish training gallops .
That sort of gossip leaks out . The lads in the yard may have started laying DOUVAN ? After all he would have to be on top form to win todays C/Chase .
So why no drift ? In fact he was backed to 2/9 SP from 2/7 this morning .
Quite a few people MUST have known the actual situation in Willie,s yard ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Why did DOUVAN not drift in the...
Show More
Report Wesdag March 15, 2017 6:47 PM GMT
Racing Post‏Verified account @RacingPost  14m14 minutes ago
A post-race examination found Douvan to be lame behind following his defeat in the Champion Chase
Report FOYLESWAR March 15, 2017 6:53 PM GMT
a lot thought the horse was invincible ,hype and momemtum , some were saying faugheen would win the champion hurdle 80% fit before his injury ruled him out , thing is all the others are 110% and trying at the festival any weaknesses will be exposed ! maybe they thought they could get away with it as in their eyes he was so far ahead of his rivals .
Report DIK DASTARDLY March 15, 2017 6:58 PM GMT
So did the horse have a minor niggle of some sort during its last couple of gallops or so ?Why the negative comments aired by Matt just before the race . Surely someone knew something ?
I wonder if Ruby felt the horse not being right after the first jump but was loathe to pull it up in case he got slated and the horse turned out to be fine but just off colour ?
Ruby on the Opening Show in the morning may throw a little more light on what the problem was .
Report Latalomne March 15, 2017 7:01 PM GMT
There was a total of £475k waiting to lay the beast at 1.25 and 1.26 maybe 20 mins ahead of the race?  That had reduced to less than half by the off, so someone took some decent chunks out of it.
Report FOYLESWAR March 15, 2017 7:02 PM GMT
mullins says in his column in todays post" his prep since the tied cottage has gone very well ,he is in super form and we are very happy with him !
Report trigger3 March 15, 2017 7:07 PM GMT
Could see meet ne kindly direct me to where Mullins/Ricci ever had indicated that he was not working well prior to the race. I'm unable to find those quotes anywhere.
Report trigger3 March 15, 2017 7:08 PM GMT
#someone
Report DIK DASTARDLY March 15, 2017 7:09 PM GMT
From memory I think there was over £8 MILLION traded on the race on Betfair .
Fortunes won and lost . Some of the big punters will be far from happy if they have been deceived in any way shape or form .
ONE THING STRUCK ME THIS MORNING !
The shrewdist outfit of the lot Laddies  were top price of all the major bookies at 3/10
They always KNOW !!
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 March 15, 2017 7:32 PM GMT
DIK DASTARDLY • March 15, 2017 7:09 PM GMT
The shrewdist outfit of the lot Laddies  were top price of all the major bookies at 3/10
They always KNOW !!

Laugh

you think this is still the 90s?
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 March 15, 2017 7:34 PM GMT
I was under 10 in the 90s and my only knowledge of racing was seeing my dads paper on the tabel but im assuming ladbrokes where shrood at the time
Report Willie Shafter. March 15, 2017 7:45 PM GMT
walofs..

if rumours were true it would have been way bigger..money talks
Report xmoneyx March 15, 2017 7:52 PM GMT
if Matt saying common knowledge ,why the full page pull out douvan ,ladbrokes,the sun?
Report doorman99 March 15, 2017 7:52 PM GMT
And typical of a 'youngster' you can't spell....TABLE, doh.
Report Diff-rent March 15, 2017 7:57 PM GMT
Personally I think as a few have suggested the stables not totally firing or possibly over reached early on. But if Matt is telling the truth. That's a great shout from XmoneyX.
Report Angela Rebecchi March 15, 2017 8:01 PM GMT
Hype, momentum, and monstrous sums of bookmaker doubles with Altior being backed off...
Report Willie Shafter. March 15, 2017 8:04 PM GMT
walofs..

if rumours were true it would have been way bigger..money talks
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com