Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ashleigh
30 Oct 16 12:24
| Topic/replies: 17,542 | Blogger: ashleigh's blog
any bookmaker/newspaper still do a ten to follow comp for the jump season?.
used to enjoy the nanny comp, with some near misses over the years.
Pause Switch to Standard View ten to follow competition
Show More
Report timeless October 30, 2016 12:35 PM GMT
it was really good in the early years,

ever since they put it up to £10 an entry, it's gone downhill all the way !
Report tomhunt October 30, 2016 12:59 PM GMT
mirror done the NH one last few years
Report the dealer October 30, 2016 1:01 PM GMT
Pacemaker magazine did the first and best
Report breadnbutter October 30, 2016 1:17 PM GMT
early days of the tote comp were good ,some massive pots .

used to faithfully buy the "sun guide to the jumps" Laugh and  fearlessly go head to head with the timeform glossy/hardback brigade and put them to the sword ...,well sometimes .

Had a couple of good years from small entries and briefly tagged onto the leaders going out on the final circuit but did not have enough horse under me and failed to see out the trip .

Although it quickly became apparent that multi entries with more than a smattering of inside info were hard if not impossible to beat.
was cheap fun and taught one how the better horses were campaigned and how they were NOT machines .
Report acey deucy October 30, 2016 9:27 PM GMT
William Hill do one every year, it costs £2 a line and should start soon.
Report the dealer October 30, 2016 9:35 PM GMT
doubt hills will do them this year, would be out by now and they are acting like they haven't got two bob to rub together
Report acey deucy October 30, 2016 9:37 PM GMT
Fair enough i must enquire.
Report the dealer October 30, 2016 9:40 PM GMT
let me know if they are Happy
Report acey deucy October 30, 2016 9:41 PM GMT
Will DO.
Report acey deucy October 30, 2016 9:45 PM GMT
Believe it or not i would probably have Won it the year they had the foot and mouth....I was well up the leaderboard with all the top Irish horses on my list.But of course they could not come over.Cry
Report ReaseHeath October 30, 2016 10:31 PM GMT
pretty sure Hills are doing it because I had an email survey asking for ideas to improve it - theirs does n't start until Hennessy day and they promote it from the Monday after the Cheltenham Open meeting.

I enjoyed the ATR one more last year (probably because I thought I might win something, I did n't obviously!) - that starts on first day of Cheltenham Open Meeting.
Report ReaseHeath October 30, 2016 10:33 PM GMT
when I say I thought I might win something, I mean I was in contention to do so as opposed to blind optimism in the face of miniscule odds Happy
Report sisyphus October 31, 2016 3:07 PM GMT
Hilliam Wills "the jumps" has been scrapped (reason given; due to restructuring) and will not be going ahead this NH season; most definitely not in the shops anyway. A decision on whether to do an online version has not been made as of yet, but they have straw polled previous patron's to see if and to what extent they would do be willing to participate online.
Report warhan October 31, 2016 5:46 PM GMT
https://www.stable-stars.com/

and for you AW lovers like me

https://attheraces.racecaller.com/
Report Somerset Sam October 31, 2016 5:50 PM GMT
£10k first prize? I'd rather pay a fiver to enter and get something more substantial to compete for.

IMHO of course.
Report acey deucy October 31, 2016 6:06 PM GMT
One Transfer every week if you wish?...I dont like that format.
Report Mr Mischief October 31, 2016 8:03 PM GMT
Really miss this comp. With a Fanstasy aspect customary for all major sports nowadays it really feels like someone is missing a trick here
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com