Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
koikeeper
12 Jan 16 16:56
| Topic/replies: 25,329 | Blogger: koikeeper's blog
The 1st one of the season...

JOIN TOGETHER
Going for a 7 timer in points last time ( seasonal return, missed all of last season) when beaten 2L by “No loose Change” in the fastest time of the day on good ground…. No Loose Change rather stole that race, kicked clear with 3 to jump, stan sheppard was caught out and join together was closing it down all the way to the line.
That was Join Togethers 1st run after 18 months off, missed all of last season.... so a cracking run.
Its bound to come on for the run, and although it would prefer better ground, it handles this  ground.....

Pearlysteps loves the ground, and usually runs well fresh, but has a habit of hitting one and is 13yrs old now, will it be fit enough....

Chance Du Roy could be a cut above these, but again, fitness is the doubt in this ground.

A hard one to call on the ground, but with a fitness advantage and getting the weight, Join Together seems the logical choice.
Pause Switch to Standard View Taunton 3.40 HUNTER CHASE
Show More
Report Seeeebooo!! January 13, 2016 3:40 PM GMT
Alf Wright / back to lay ...small place bet
Report Breedingmad January 13, 2016 3:42 PM GMT
Lay Alf for a profit
Report mincer11 January 13, 2016 3:45 PM GMT
Pointing guru tips up the favourite,  thats hardly a major surprise.
Report xmoneyx January 13, 2016 3:47 PM GMT
Sad

e/w?
Report Virgin January 13, 2016 3:48 PM GMT
Koi Plain long season gl ...
Report Kriskin January 13, 2016 3:48 PM GMT
Lets be honest betting on these type of races is quickest way to the poor house.  Too many variables.  Front 3 in the market ran stinkers
Report tony57 January 13, 2016 3:48 PM GMT
thought the old horse was just getting into it when she unseated?
Report Kriskin January 13, 2016 3:48 PM GMT
Any Layers absolutely hacked up there
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 3:50 PM GMT
The winner won easily despite the absence, maybe the ground beat the fav.... only 5 finished,.
Report mincer11 January 13, 2016 3:50 PM GMT
Undoubtedly the worst betting medium of them all. Jockeys that cannot ride a rocking horse, trainers who havent a clue, punters who wouldnt know their harris from a hole in the ground, and all the horses being has beens or crocks.
Anybody even looking at these things need certifying.
Report jmdc January 13, 2016 3:51 PM GMT
The other Nicholls throw-out wins!
Report bruno100 January 13, 2016 3:51 PM GMT
Kriskin in that race maybe but long term I don't think so
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 3:52 PM GMT
mincer11 13 Jan 16 15:45
Pointing guru tips up the favourite,  thats hardly a major surprise.

11/4 - 6/4...
Report sageform January 13, 2016 3:52 PM GMT
Over a season Hunter chases are the most reliable races to back fancied horses. Very few penalties, not many fallers and consistent form. Got it wrong today but plenty more to come.
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 3:52 PM GMT
Bruno Wink
Report gutfeeling January 13, 2016 3:53 PM GMT
Ran well enough & well supported Koi, Didn't want to see Dark Lover winning though Cry
Report Cork Langer January 13, 2016 3:53 PM GMT
Nice run from Richmond, will watch to see how it performs throughout season, rarely stands much racing and every chance that will be its most impressive run but fingers crossed they have some fun with it.
Report mincer11 January 13, 2016 3:55 PM GMT
They are in their hole the most reliable. If you want to lose your balls then they would be reliable. there hasnt been a reliable hunter in Britain with 15 years.
Report Celtic Son January 13, 2016 3:55 PM GMT
I thought Miss B Frost was under the impression she was due to go round again considering she showed not a great deal of urgency to lay up. Fitness assured and stays, so she rides it for a turn of speed in deep ground.
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 3:56 PM GMT
Gut, like I said, the ground was worry..
Report gutfeeling January 13, 2016 3:56 PM GMT
Mr Moss worth a follow as well Corky, Looked to blow up to me.
Report gutfeeling January 13, 2016 3:57 PM GMT
Indeed Koi you was correct.
Report mootpoint January 13, 2016 3:58 PM GMT
Travelled well enough IMO, ground eventually told.
Report mincer11 January 13, 2016 3:59 PM GMT
Two things the pointing men excel with , hyperbole and excuses.
The horse handled the ground beforehand apparently and when it got beaten, the ground beat it.
Report The Headmaster January 13, 2016 4:31 PM GMT
This thread does rather read as though Koi "was correct" whether Join Together got stuffed or bolted up.

Bloody good work KK!
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 4:35 PM GMT
koi becoming a parody of andy richmond boasting about getting 11 to 4, about a 6 to 4 shot although it ran like an 8 to 1 shot and never looked like winning at any stage although the 2nd fav fell abd 3rd fav was 1st beaten
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 4:36 PM GMT
What do you mean, I said it was a hard race to call, I backed Join Together and was worried about the ground
but it had the advantage of a run/fitness....Thats what swayed me,  whats wrong with that.

You seem a tad peeved, is it because the headmaster had a lesson on P2P ratings Wink
Report acey deucy January 13, 2016 4:37 PM GMT
Koi covering his arse as per usual and still get's stuffed ffs........You couldn't make it up.LaughLaughLaugh
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 4:38 PM GMT
the guru backs the fav although he,s worried about the ground,wouldnt that be counted as punting by a novice by some on here
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 4:39 PM GMT
1st time poster, you are quite welcome to post your thoughts on the race before the off, no need to ruin the thread with aftertiming Wink

Is it because there in no thread on ch4 racing for you to complain about, I can start one if you wishGrin
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 4:42 PM GMT
1st time poster 13 Jan 16 16:38
the guru backs the fav although he,s worried about the ground,wouldnt that be counted as punting by a novice by some on here

not really as most of my bets are in hunters, they only run for 6 months Wink...see you are learning every time you post on here Wink...
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 4:42 PM GMT
BTW, nice of you to call me "The Guru"... Thank you Grin
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 4:47 PM GMT
nice to see you,ve decided to ride with the punches this season koi,and not threaten to take your ball home like last year
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 4:48 PM GMT
So are you joining us?
Report The Headmaster January 13, 2016 4:48 PM GMT
More like you had a lesson on O/Rs, koi.  I suspect you think they are out of date.  You, I'm afraid, are wrong.

Anyway - had did your P2P ratings get on there?  Remind me what Dark Lover's P2P rating is? LaughLaughLaugh
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 4:49 PM GMT
I see you need another lesson, please sit at the front of the class and we will begin!
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 4:52 PM GMT
i,m liking the new koi his shrink has told him to be more assertive, and believe he has got the hunters by the balls,hope it doesnt all end in tears and straight jackets,
Report The Headmaster January 13, 2016 4:52 PM GMT
Yes I'm sitting right at the front.  Armed and ready (with pencil and pad, you understand).
Report The Headmaster January 13, 2016 4:53 PM GMT
May I suggest we begin with P2P ratings, please sir?

I'm very confused about Dark Lover's one, you see...
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 4:56 PM GMT
So are you joining us 1st time poster, you keep ignoring the question
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 4:56 PM GMT
So are you joining us 1st time poster, you keep ignoring the question
Report sickoflayinwinners January 13, 2016 5:13 PM GMT
koi , what mincer doesn't get is that decent point to point/hunter judges KNOW WHO CAN RIDE. back to today i think    chance de roy ran like a blown animal which of course was possible.the problem  is that people like mincer who have the ability to be expert on fck all can't  get their head round the fact that something that they continue to  lose at can be profitable for somebody else.i love p2p and hunters although  the second half of last season  was tougher than  previous seasons. i do think  the pilot on the favourite failed to shine but it  made no difference in truth.personally i couldn't have had the winner on my mind but hey you can get the odd result that you struggle to explain,, having said that it wasn't a 1000/1 poke .you must remember when a lot of  guys voice their opinions on  hunters/ pointers  they wouldn't know the difference between a restricted   and an open yet like to have a lot to say about topics they literally can't spell let alone understand.
Report Magic__Daps January 13, 2016 5:18 PM GMT
If someone wants to have a dig regarding a selection that is put up in ANY THREAD, surely they should do it before the race has begun. If they are correct feel free to have a little dig after and say "I was right", but to not say a single word regarding the race until the selection is beat is absolutely pathetic, and says a lot about the poster imo.

1st time poster - why not join in with koi and breedingmads head to head for the season? Your selections cannot be as bad as your footie ones can they?
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 5:22 PM GMT
there goes magic again on one of his delusional rants,i told you 6 months ago i havnt put any footie bets up and 6 months later i,ll tell you again i havnt put a footie bet since the last lot i didnt put up
Report sickoflayinwinners January 13, 2016 5:25 PM GMT
more importantly why not offer to lay kois  bets that  you think are  so poor, I'm sure you would enjoy  that and i have no doubt koi will be only to happy to have his bets commission free. good luck  with that btw.
Report Magic__Daps January 13, 2016 5:29 PM GMT
1st time poster
Date Joined:    25 Dec 05
Add contact | Send message
12 Jan 16 16:42
HAS ALL the hallmarks, history of a good watch 2 iconic teams in the past,night game,wet slick pitch,both teams need the points ,both managers on the brink,looks a nil, niler on the book but i,ll give it the benefit of the doubt and as i hate both teams and managers with a passion i,ll be on a winner with any result a blank score keeps them both under pressure

Only the goals out eh.......
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 5:34 PM GMT
wheres there a selection their,perfect right up i,d have thought encouraged people to give it the benefit of the doubt and watch it and they were rewarded with the game of the season,if you didnt no the thread wasnt about betting but who could be bothered to watch the match,reading now think i summed it up perfectly, thanks for posting it, badge of honour
Report Magic__Daps January 13, 2016 5:48 PM GMT
nil niler - just the 6 goals out
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 5:53 PM GMT
last chance for you to get clued in magic or are you not to bright
the thread was about people saying they wernt going to watch because they thought it would be a bore fest nothing to do with betting,and i give them 5 reasons to give it the benefit of the doubt and watch it,they were rewarded with the best game of the season,do you get it yet ,thickie
Report Magic__Daps January 13, 2016 5:56 PM GMT
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 5:57 PM GMT
dumber and dumber springs to mind
Report bigmart January 13, 2016 5:59 PM GMT
agre with magic dabs plenty  smart ass comments after the race , err no sel

i was not going to have a bet on this race , but ended up doing a double ,
i was waiting on chance du roy for a really nice bet , the trouble
you have when you get bog like conditions like today their is always parts of the track that are a big advantage , any horse like the one i bet took the scenic route ie ran wide had no chance ,
at this track today , like cardiffe posted was a no bet race ,wish i had not bothered  after that debacle , was never at the races Devil
Report Magic__Daps January 13, 2016 6:02 PM GMT
Report cardifffc January 13, 2016 6:02 PM GMT
magic.............1st timer poster=pinnochio
Report Magic__Daps January 13, 2016 6:06 PM GMT
prickochio NAP
Report cardifffc January 13, 2016 6:09 PM GMT
tough I feel you've found something as rare as hens teeth........ie a ist time poster giving his opinion BEFORE a sports event or horse race
Report bigmart January 13, 2016 6:13 PM GMT
think he has pre race nerves Blush
Report Magic__Daps January 13, 2016 6:16 PM GMT
He has been asked over the last few years for a selection PRE RACE up against koi and has never put one up. When one loses he's straight on after, when one wins he's nowhere in sight. A sad and obviously clueless punter, and just cannot stand someone else being successful something he has probably tried at for years.
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 6:16 PM GMT
its like one flew over the cuckoo,s nest on here you get one  of the gang slagging you off for putting up countless losers on the footie thread[100% lie]and his oppo,s jump in behind saying you never ever put anything up pre event Confused
have you ever thought of getting together for a power breakfast and discussing your strategy for the day
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 6:17 PM GMT
It happens year in year out, you cant please everyone and like SOLW says, some post after the race and still have no knowledge on what they are posting about.

I predicted to virgin what would happen if it got beat..
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 6:19 PM GMT
there you go again daps ,do you not think you need help
one thread accusing me of putting up countless losing ebents ,followed quickly by one saying he puts up nowt pre event, you need to sort yourself out mate,unless of course you are just a thickie ,in which case just carry on
Report gutfeeling January 13, 2016 6:22 PM GMT
some post after the race and still have no knowledge on what they are posting about.

^^ Perfection.
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 6:25 PM GMT
you posted after the race GUT and still spouted shoite,  you thought a well backed ,well beaten 6 to 4 finished 3rd probably 4th if 2nd best hadnt fallen,never ever for a second looked like winning and you thought it ran ok,good luck in convincing anyone backing it at 5 to 4 that it ran ok
Report bigmart January 13, 2016 6:28 PM GMT
that's why they don't post pre race gutty  ,easy  it easy to blame other for any failures ,
a was waiting for over 4k on my sel , did you see me crying wolf , just brush the pants down get on with it ! Whoops
Report Magic__Daps January 13, 2016 6:30 PM GMT
1st time poster 13 Jan 16 18:19
there you go again daps ,do you not think you need help
one thread accusing me of putting up countless losing ebents ,followed quickly by one saying he puts up nowt pre event

No - I said PRE RACE (that means a horse race), NOT PRE EVENT - are you a bit of a thickie?
Report Magic__Daps January 13, 2016 6:31 PM GMT
1st time poster 13 Jan 16 18:25
you posted after the race GUT and still spouted shoite,  you thought a well backed ,well beaten 6 to 4 finished 3rd probably 4th if 2nd best hadnt fallen,never ever for a second looked like winning and you thought it ran ok,good luck in convincing anyone backing it at 5 to 4 that it ran ok

PS - If you back everything that goes off 6/4 and get 11/4 about it you will be quids in over a season. Anyone with half a braincell can tell you that. Beat the price and get the value and the winners will take care of themselves.
Report gutfeeling January 13, 2016 6:32 PM GMT
I spoke to Koi pre race about the event which was the reason I posted anything after the event.
I'm not interested in convincing anyone post race about anything as they should know enough to make their own mind up.
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 6:33 PM GMT
not when they run like 8 to 1 shots you wont, Wink
Report TheNorfolkMafia January 13, 2016 6:35 PM GMT
I've had many spats with koikeeper, but I accept that he is the most knowledgeable forumite regarding the Point-to-Point & Hunter Chase field!

To this end, most of his selections 'shorten up' as today's selection was testament to!

11/4 - 6/4!

I know what I'll be doing for the remainder of the Hunter Chase season!

Wink
Report koikeeper January 13, 2016 6:35 PM GMT
1st time poster, what did you back/lay in the race?... just curious
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 6:37 PM GMT
are you suggesting he should become an arber norfolk, never had a bet koi,took your advice best left alone,Grin
Report TheNorfolkMafia January 13, 2016 6:40 PM GMT
It's what I'll be doing!

Wink
Report Magic__Daps January 13, 2016 6:41 PM GMT
1st time poster 13 Jan 16 18:33
not when they run like 8 to 1 shots you wont, Wink

BUT the whole point is the all won't will they - most ridiculous point on the whole thread. It's a bit obvious you haven't got a clue about prices and value.
Report TheNorfolkMafia January 13, 2016 6:43 PM GMT
When's the next Hunter Chase koikeeper?

Laugh
Report tony57 January 13, 2016 6:44 PM GMT
think its out of order people having a go at koi, his opinion is his opinion, he had a bet ..it lost, ffs we all get that every day.he likes the hunters, its not my bet , but a good mate of mine who goes ptp swears by it for punting so whos to say hes wrong its what suits you..
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2016 7:06 PM GMT
most have for the last 2 seasons
Report Magic__Daps January 13, 2016 7:09 PM GMT
Who has 1st time poster? You and about 3 others and that's all. If you don't like the races why have all the sly digs after, because that is all it is, sly pathetic digs. Probably got small man syndrome and sh1te scared of saying anything to an actual person so find it nice and easy to become a troll on a forum (NB)
Report themightymac January 13, 2016 7:42 PM GMT
I bet it, no complaints. Just in. Didn't need to check result. When I saw all these posts, I knew it had got beat. That's racing.
Report Go to War January 13, 2016 10:00 PM GMT
I enjoy watching Hunter Chase races, I think they offer a good betting opportunity, sometimes backing to win but more often each way. It is a rare area where given expertise and knowledge of point to point form, you may have an edge.
When there is one of these races on a card, I will always check the forum to get Koikeeper's view on it. I respect his synopsis, I don't always agree with it, but credit him for having an opinion and putting it in the public domain.
He does get plenty of criticism for selecting short price horses but that is the nature of this type of race. Except for the one at Newton Abbot they aren't handicaps and as such (like novice chases) the best horses are at the top end of the market. So Koi if you read this, accept the plaudits when you select a winner, expect the knockers when you select a loser and good luck for the Hunter Chase season.
Report cardifffc January 13, 2016 10:31 PM GMT
go to war........I find them difficult as the older more established horses are mostly on the downgrade and how far they have dropped is almost impossible to tell and then you have younger horses with only PTP form............I find them a minefield
Report cardifffc January 13, 2016 10:33 PM GMT
think claimers are the same...both on the flat and jumps........horses on the downgrade and guessing what ability they  have left is very difficult
Report bigmart January 13, 2016 11:10 PM GMT
koi puts up the hunters ,
but then the hunters come in packs Angry
but many of the hunters don't actually  know the facts !
they come on here to troll , and after time galore .
you know these after timers ,they don't even know the score !
you have to run the gauntlet to be a positive post guru !Cry
so before you after time these these expert analysis
try to drink more coffee instead of on the piss ! Tongue OutLaughLaugh
Report The Headmaster January 14, 2016 10:36 AM GMT
Sorry, koi, I fell asleep at my desk.

Has the lesson started yet?  Hopefully I haven't missed the bit about Dark Lover's P2P rating? Confused
Report Breedingmad January 14, 2016 11:03 AM GMT
The problem with Koi is he is so convinced he is a master at Hunter Chases he has
to bet in every single Hunter race throughout the year.He can't just sit back and
say hey this race is a bit of a minefield too many imponderables no bet.He has to
have a bet and put up a selection.Nowt against the bloke but if he wants to put
serious tips up in wide open races he deserves a bit of flak.
Report Busvaldo January 14, 2016 11:12 AM GMT
Koi puts up his opinion with reasoned argument,if you don't like it put up or shut up.

Far too many choose to put the boot in instead of saying anything constructive,IMHO.
Report Breedingmad January 14, 2016 11:14 AM GMT
It is constructive to warn people of losing!
Report NOW WE KNOW January 14, 2016 11:31 AM GMT
Koi posts well reasoned selections before the event. If he chooses to add a caveat regarding the doubt about the ground well so be it. Personally I thought Chance Du Roy had a great chance with the caveat if he feels like it, he did not. I guess some people could argue that both should not have been tipped with an alibi in place. The reality is though how often do we back horses where we are certain that everything is in place?

Having followed these selections over the years what is clear is that they are profitable and even if you don't back the selections the write ups are based on knowledge not the usual dross of the majority of tipsters on here.

The reality of pointing and hunterchase betting is that it you are only really looking at the front 3 in the vast majority of races for obvious reasons and that seems to irk some people on here, why should it, it is about showing a profit. I spend the summer months punting the provincial French jump tracks and nick a bit on the shorties, there is no quick way to riches so don't expect Koi to find it for you.
Report The Headmaster January 14, 2016 11:38 AM GMT
Has anyone got any stats on H/Cs compared to other wfa steeple chases?

Seems an awful lot of talk from those in the know about how you don't want to stray too far from the front of the market.....
Report 23nights January 14, 2016 11:38 AM GMT
keep posting please koikeeper ive backed a few winners you have put up in the past and if they lose so what.i enjoy reading your posts keep going m8 gl.
Report Breedingmad January 14, 2016 11:40 AM GMT
Sweeping statements like if you follow you will win don't do it for me
you should back horses because you fancy them yourself not because
someone on a forum fancies a horse....
Report Breedingmad January 14, 2016 11:42 AM GMT
Just back the favourite in Hunter Chases you will have near identical
selections to Koi.
Report koikeeper January 14, 2016 11:51 AM GMT
Like I said breeding.
What will be fav for the Hunter at kelso on Sunday...have a look and tell me.
The majority are put up before there's any betting available..so I must know what I'm doing regarding prices.
Let's hope you don't shirk the question..seeing as you seem to have an awfull lot to say.
Btw I believe mine finished infront of yours yesterday
Report Breedingmad January 14, 2016 11:58 AM GMT
Nobody knows but you but probably Court Cave with Nowyourhurling 2nd favourite.
Report Breedingmad January 14, 2016 12:04 PM GMT
Not forced to be on at Kelso -5 Saturday night...
Report Breedingmad January 14, 2016 12:06 PM GMT
Mine was quickly laid off IR if you look!..
Report koikeeper January 14, 2016 2:33 PM GMT
If Court Cave is Fav I will pack it in
Report Breedingmad January 14, 2016 2:36 PM GMT
Cave Hunter
Report Irish are lucky January 14, 2016 5:30 PM GMT
This thread is LaughLaughLaugh
Report Flemenstar January 14, 2016 7:22 PM GMT
Breedingmad makes me piss Laugh

is the answer Out Now?
Report bigmart January 14, 2016 8:03 PM GMT
when is this head to head starting tar Tongue Out
Post Your Reply