Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Swardean
13 Dec 14 18:18
| Topic/replies: 16,278 | Blogger: Swardean's blog
Should be arrested for that ride... and I am not normally one to critise
Show More
Report leviathan December 13, 2014 7:19 PM GMT
even chose to find traffic deliberately 1f out.  There can be no other explanation for going inside unless he didn't want to win.
Report the.mad.dog.man December 13, 2014 7:19 PM GMT
was very bad
Report gemini01 December 13, 2014 7:20 PM GMT
That was truly shocking alright, had the chance of going wide off the bend, but instead buried it amongst a bundle of creatures going no where
Report gibs December 13, 2014 7:21 PM GMT
awful...and i'm normally quite happy to see Lee on one i fancy
Report rewired December 13, 2014 7:22 PM GMT
absolute disgrace
why run into trouble should have just stayed wide
piss poor that
Report Swardean December 13, 2014 7:23 PM GMT
I think he:-

1) held it back in the gate
2) Came wide and then ducked inside just when getting momentum
3) Even after all that trouble he did not get after the horse.   He picked up the stick only at the 1f mark and give it some meaningless cracks when it would make no difference
Report Slicer December 13, 2014 7:23 PM GMT
It was down to bad luck. We all know that hoarse racing is as straight as the Wolverhampton track!

I hope this clarifies the matter.
Report rewired December 13, 2014 7:23 PM GMT
thats two slow out of stalls tonight
other was well fancied as well.......
Report Swardean December 13, 2014 7:23 PM GMT
^^^ soffy 1/2furlong mark
Report rewired December 13, 2014 7:25 PM GMT
ATR-will paper round the cracks
scared of any controversy
or taken off the gravy train.........
Report ihal essex December 13, 2014 7:27 PM GMT
Hope the Stewards have a look, that really was a blatant pull. Have watched reruns and no other explanation other than Graham Lee successfully stopped the fav. He was still taking a pull at the furlong mark. Dreadful!
Report handtorofe December 13, 2014 7:30 PM GMT
Have to be honest i took it on and was shocked when he chose not to come wide.
Report Slicer December 13, 2014 7:30 PM GMT
Serious accusations being made here. I am sure that, for the record, you all agree with me that it was jolly bad luck and the hoarse did not perform as the market expected!
Report rewired December 13, 2014 7:34 PM GMT
i accept hes slow away
but why the hell is he trying to run the horse up another horses arse.......
thats the mystery
Report Roger De Bris December 13, 2014 7:34 PM GMT
shocker from Lee up the straight....horse is a yak as well tho...
Report Swardean December 13, 2014 7:34 PM GMT
If he had stuck to the inner on the bend then fair enough, but he already committed to come wide around the turn, so the decision to cut back in is inexplicable
Report raspberrybottom December 13, 2014 7:34 PM GMT
Wise words from the good Doctor - as always....Happy
Report rewired December 13, 2014 7:35 PM GMT
or is he just that crap........
as for the horse performing he didnt really give it an outside chance
he covered all angles.......
Report ihal essex December 13, 2014 7:35 PM GMT
In 30 years of racing I have never seen anything as blatant as that. It is so obviously corrupt that the Stewards should suspend Lee's licence IMMEDIATELY pending an investigation.

Even Fallon is more subtle than that!
Report stewarts rise December 13, 2014 7:36 PM GMT
Just watched the rerun, lucky he didn't get brought down going into the back of those 2 horses, very dubious ride.
Report raspberrybottom December 13, 2014 7:36 PM GMT
Getting it placed would have done for me.... Sad
Report joevalue147 December 13, 2014 7:37 PM GMT
It's stuff like this that sickens people from the sport. Bad enough missing the break that badly but switching inside when starting to roll and only a length off the eventual winner when he switched in to the traffic. Damage was done in the 1st furlong but switching inside was just brain dead stuff.Not as if he was riding Sole Power. When you have your horse rolling surely the shortest route home is in a straight line!!!!! Couldn't believe it when he switched inside. Little stuck up that. Never liked or trusted him and even less so now.
Report martin118 December 13, 2014 7:38 PM GMT
Couldn't Lee straight in bed
Report rewired December 13, 2014 7:38 PM GMT
looked like suicide....
that ride is hard to defend........
ok it might not have won
but did he even want to place.......
Report HorseBurger1989 December 13, 2014 7:38 PM GMT
Me too raspberry

But these jockeys are untouchable, sorry but I really am perplexed at how some of these bastards haven't had their legs smashed in tbh, people lose money all the time because of this and yet they never have a scratch on them..... if this was Italy or France the jockey's dirty rides would land them 6 feet under.
Report rewired December 13, 2014 7:39 PM GMT
Jason weaver
WHY NOT SAY IT AS YOU SEE IT
yet again papering round the cracks for ATR.......
Report Slicer December 13, 2014 7:40 PM GMT
Mr Raspberrybottom- thanks for your support, I'll always wear it.
Mr 1989-my opinion is that horse racing is as straight as the 7f course at Wolverhampton. And I think the term you are looking for in relation to your analogy is flaccid!

I hope this clarifies the matter.
Report HorseBurger1989 December 13, 2014 7:41 PM GMT
Oh don't rely on them to be critical rewired, the jockey could of jumped off 100 yards from the line when 3l clear and they'd find a way not to be critical, their on the gravy train, and when your on the gravy train you keep fu cking quiet is their motto.
Report HorseBurger1989 December 13, 2014 7:42 PM GMT
suit wearing ar se licking bastards.

I rest...... my case
Report Dan Chipowski December 13, 2014 7:48 PM GMT
Not the first time he's given a seriously dodgy ride.
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods December 13, 2014 7:49 PM GMT
This jock is not to be trusted.
Report ihal essex December 13, 2014 8:09 PM GMT
There is no way any ex-jockey pundit is going to blackball that ride. They know what happened was indefensible but won't stick theiir heads above the parapet. Time punters got together in a club and took action against jockeys who perpetrate such a blatantly corrupt ride as Graham Lee did tonight. I don't make a habit of criticising jockeys, I usually defend them when they've been a bit inept, last jockey I criticised was either Graham Bradley, Dermot Browne or Kieron Fallon!

Wonder if any of the No Win No Fee operators would take it on?
Report Cork Langer December 13, 2014 8:11 PM GMT
For carrot's sake lets hope he was saving himself to give his all on his mount in the last race
Report rewired December 13, 2014 8:42 PM GMT
NOT SURE HIS ALL WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH.......
brave to back this guy at odds on
might win but not for me......
Report Cork Langer December 13, 2014 8:44 PM GMT
its this race (20.45) not the last one...!
Report mfcengland December 13, 2014 8:46 PM GMT
I agree with all these points , he definitely didn't want it to place never mind win . I was a fan of his and have met him in the past as he lives local to me seemed a really nice guy . However this ride is making me question if backing horses is worth while especially on the a.w , thinking about quitting completely or saving my pennies for meetings when every horse is trying (cheltenham etc). This is not me talking from my pocket as the horse in question was only part of a small stakes L15 .
Report HorseBurger1989 December 13, 2014 8:51 PM GMT
He sure as hell rode that out to win, money was definatly down on that one, even made sure he wasn't too far behind off the bend, rode away a little 3 out as well, went wide, took it to the outside etc etc etc.
Report thegiggilo December 13, 2014 9:11 PM GMT
WD Graham.Cool
Report ihal essex December 13, 2014 9:13 PM GMT
Fellow Forumites: PLEASE do not allow Lee's successful ride on Hidden Talent to dilute the criticismo of his   totally corrupt effeort on Seven Lucky Seven.. This was so obviously corrupt that there may be a way to get this arrogant fraudster before the Beak (criminal court not the BHA apologist versión). Any lawyers members of the Forum?

DO NOT LET THIS DROP
Report rewired December 13, 2014 9:15 PM GMT
looked a little nervous there...
when being interviewed by mr south-well mapletoft there
what a surprise never asked him about the ride earlier.......
Report rewired December 13, 2014 9:17 PM GMT
there is a recession at moment in this country....
but not for the ATR gravy trainers.....
Report thegiggilo December 13, 2014 9:21 PM GMT
BOSH!!!!!!!!
Report rewired December 13, 2014 9:28 PM GMT
now hes even managed to upset the odds on backers......
weasel.........
Report HorseBurger1989 December 13, 2014 9:30 PM GMT
Laugh Rewired

He's upset the fav backers a lot tonight Laugh
Report rewired December 13, 2014 9:32 PM GMT
that ride earlier wont be forgotten.......
Report ihal essex December 13, 2014 9:43 PM GMT
Is it too much to hope that the Memo of Understanding will be utilised to it's full extent as there must be a paper trail to what was the most obvious Fraud since Dermot 'The Needleman' Browne was bringing his syringe the racecourse stables?

Seriously doubt full disclosure will be forthcoming from the Big Boys!
Report henryluca December 13, 2014 9:55 PM GMT
even chose to find traffic deliberately

Something seen done by many...jockeys have to ride to instructions to continue to get the rides......

Wander what his trainer instructions were ...including the wink winks Mischief
Report ph. December 13, 2014 9:59 PM GMT
who is culpable,him for the ride or Herrington for instructions? If he rode according to instructions then it was a peach.They ride for the connections not us. Racing for £2k I don't blame connections tearing the rear end out of it on here. Such racing that the BHA is happy to promote only encourages skullduggery. The fault lies with the BHA not connections.The racing isn't improving but when they catch one for an injudicious (crooked) ride give them 3 years,the jockey and trainer.After the first couple get warned off their might be a reassessment of winning purses and efforts to win them.
Report ph. December 13, 2014 10:01 PM GMT
sic 'there not their'
Report sparrow December 13, 2014 10:08 PM GMT
Race 4 - 7:15pm THE DAILY PRICE BOOSTS AT UNIBET HANDICAP STAKES (CLASS 6) (DIV II)

No Stewards Enquiry.
Graham Lee, the rider of SEVEN LUCKY SEVEN, unplaced, reported that the gelding was denied a clear run.
Report Cork Langer December 13, 2014 10:15 PM GMT
We all know that nothing is going to happen, no matter how blatant the misdemeanours are, the only people ever likely to get pulled for such actions are apprentices with little or no experience, so that they can just warn them as to their future behaviour and be seen to addressing such matters, even though we can all see with our own eyes that it is taking place more frequently than Thommo rattles his bucket.
Report HorseBurger1989 December 13, 2014 10:16 PM GMT
Denied a clear run because you stuck up the a rses of fading horses you stupid bastard. Sorry but the BHA will never do anything, they are pretty toothless and a waste of space. it will have to be the punters who stand up and make a stand, but that wont happen either.
Report HorseBurger1989 December 13, 2014 10:18 PM GMT
They banned an apprentice last week didn't they, a pretty hefty ban as well, yet Luke Morris gets away with sky high whipping, and McCoy gets away with much worse as well, a total joke.
Report ihal essex December 13, 2014 10:51 PM GMT
What is truly awful about this criminal act is that the racing journos/media will close ranks and protect the perpetrator.

Lee belongs in jail but guaranteed there won't be a word of criticism from any of the gravy train pundits. The best we can hope for will be a quizzical raised eyebrow from Sir Bob or total denial of any wrongdoing from Fitzy. Harvey and Weaver as punter guardians are a joke, a circus act.

Understandable, I suppose, they don't want to jeopardise their place at the banquet.

Sorry to have to say this but Racing stewardship stinks.
Report slip5 December 13, 2014 11:03 PM GMT
some of you guys need to be careful what yousay a public forum, you just cant accuse him of cheating like that have you read any report on the horse after this race
Report kenco December 13, 2014 11:23 PM GMT
Shocked
Report aberdonia December 13, 2014 11:36 PM GMT
Trying to work out why Lee would need to cheat?
Report rewired December 14, 2014 12:52 PM GMT
you could say that about them all really though couldn’t you.........
but lets get it right......
it happens.................
Report rewired December 14, 2014 12:54 PM GMT
in fairness jockey should be interviewed
bur bha weak....
they dont need any more scandal affecting racing.....
Report rewired December 14, 2014 12:56 PM GMT
it was  a strange ride............
so lets hear what happened
not just papering the cracks....
Report stewarts rise December 14, 2014 1:01 PM GMT
In his defence, he could possibly say he made a mistake going back inside where there was momentarily a gap which closed in front of him but what on earth was John Egans excuse in same race!
Report rewired December 14, 2014 1:04 PM GMT
that looked like suicide going inside.....
looked dangerous...................
for horse and jockey...IMO
just so hard to watch this........
Report stewarts rise December 14, 2014 1:04 PM GMT
Race 4 - 7:15pm THE DAILY PRICE BOOSTS AT UNIBET HANDICAP STAKES (CLASS 6) (DIV II)

No Stewards Enquiry.
Graham Lee, the rider of SEVEN LUCKY SEVEN, unplaced, reported that the gelding was denied a clear run.

He's not wrong is he!Laugh
Report rewired December 14, 2014 1:05 PM GMT
lol.....no....
Report aberdonia December 14, 2014 1:15 PM GMT
We all make mistakes at our work.

and tbf they are filmed every time they go to their work.
Report rewired December 14, 2014 1:19 PM GMT
true
but we all have to take responsibility for our actions
you make a mistake at work
it can cost you your job..........
Report soba December 14, 2014 1:28 PM GMT
ffs the world runs on bentness give him a break
Report queen bee December 15, 2014 2:44 PM GMT
Horse burger this is fred about a jockey not trying,for you to mention Mccoy & morris makes you look the mug you obviously are imo Blush
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com