Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Wickett
18 Oct 12 15:41
| Topic/replies: 207 | Blogger: Wickett's blog
Try as I might I just don't get jump Racing!?

How is Award Winner favourite let alone 11/10!? 320 - Wincanton...

Somehow, it seems that this sort of thing is accepted and just normal over the sticks and as much as I try, I can't make my normal methods stick!!

I'd lay it - but I won't because I just can't make head nor tail of these markets!!

Pisses in by 20 odd lengths. A weak race yes but since his last victory Award Winner has failed to even place being beaten by the following distances;

81 83 22 64 66 28 PU 34 27 - and then wins by 30 being backed off the boards. Please don;t tell me that the 'visor' has imroved the animal 50 odd lenghts after a break...

I am determined to get a handle on this jumps lark but seriously - and I am being serious as opposed to antagonistic - is this normal?!? I mean WTF!? Just does not happen on the flat... Please someone help me understand this and how it is just accepted as ok over the sticks!?
Pause Switch to Standard View Jumps Racing - I just don't get it!!
Show More
Report Barton Bank October 18, 2012 3:43 PM BST
The untouchables can do what they want, basically.
Report flushgordon1 October 18, 2012 3:46 PM BST
for the sake of your sanity you would be well advised to avoid the oirish racing,
you will require mucho medication
Report roggrain October 18, 2012 3:51 PM BST
Don't bother,mate.It's beyond comprehension.
The stewards may well ask why the 'apparent improvement in form' and visor on could well be the reason given. Whatever,the stewards will
accept the 'explanation'.
Report jollie October 18, 2012 3:55 PM BST
jumps racing ...its not rocket science is it ffs

load of fooking 'orses jumpin round a field in the countryside innit
Report bilbobaggins October 18, 2012 4:01 PM BST
J J O is all you need to know.
Report knot in wood October 18, 2012 4:01 PM BST
just go through award winner's history and he will pop in when the moneys down.
very poor race today,but it does leave a nasty taste in the mouth watching it.
unless you backed it of course.
Report Wickett October 18, 2012 4:03 PM BST
It's a strage one to say the least - I for one will be sticking to the sand if this is 'normal'.  The worrying thing is (don't bet on sticks yet) is that i'd have laid it at anything up to my ceilng price of 5.0.

Serious point though - how is the sport supposed to attract new patrons if that sort of thing is 'usual' over timber?!
Report koikeeper October 18, 2012 4:03 PM BST
Best to leave races alone when JJ O has a fancied runner....
Report stridingedge October 18, 2012 4:08 PM BST
i agree with koi
Report roggrain October 18, 2012 4:10 PM BST
Breeders Cup in two weeks time Wickett.Where horses RACE. Get ready for that and don't waste time on this jumps nonsense.It's possible that
the horse could run on the same course against the same opposition at the same weights with the same going next time out and be tailed off half way and pulled up.
Report Wickett October 18, 2012 4:11 PM BST
Right u r - thank you for the replies.

The conclusion would seem to be that Jump Racing is openly corrupt & bent.  I'll leave it ta!
Report knot in wood October 18, 2012 4:11 PM BST
powell trains award winner mind,but same crew i suppose.
Report Wickett October 18, 2012 4:12 PM BST
Yep Rogg - I do ok on the level - have done for a long time.  My methods just do not translate over the timber though.  Was hoping to find some sort of defence but there doesn't appear to be one forthcoming!!
Report guinness2dear October 18, 2012 4:13 PM BST
A few snagged
Report stridingedge October 18, 2012 4:18 PM BST
wickett

the bare form ie distance a horse is beaten can be vastly magnified over the sticks

you have longer races and obviously the obstacles, if a horse doesn't stay or needs an extra half mile they can be stuffed out of sight over the jumps. if you then have unsuitable ground in the mix too, distances beaten can again be huge, the wrong track can have horses not travelling, which over the sticks is again magnified as they maybe not meeting the obstacles properly.

in short the margins of defeat over jumps are often blown up and don't show the whole story, there are also many reasons the trainer can use for poor runs and big beatings Laugh
Report flushgordon1 October 18, 2012 4:19 PM BST
breeders cup is just horse racing on a greyhound track,
some of the courses there make chester look like newbury.
Report koikeeper October 18, 2012 4:19 PM BST
Wickett 18 Oct 12 16:11
Right u r - thank you for the replies.

The conclusion would seem to be that Jump Racing is openly corrupt & bent.  I'll leave it ta!

Just as corrupt as the flat...you must be picking the wrong racesWink
Report Wickett October 18, 2012 4:21 PM BST
Fair enough - but that's exactly why I prefer the flat - at least I can see all the horses for the majority of the race, have an opinion on where they could have finished etc etc.

Was really hoping to have a different opinion on the Jumps but so far, all I've seen is favourites that I cannot explain!!!  I'd be in-front if I'd laid then blindly but do not feel it's an edge - cos clearly, you have to be v lucky or 'in the know' as to horses actual form!!
Report stopper October 18, 2012 4:22 PM BST
breeders cup for watching only as last year proved
Report Wickett October 18, 2012 4:23 PM BST
Just as corrupt as the flat...you must be picking the wrong races

I can't agree m8 - will percervere until Xmas and then see if any investment can be justified at all!!
Report koikeeper October 18, 2012 4:25 PM BST
The best jump racing begins after xmas.... for some of us anywayGrin
Report stridingedge October 18, 2012 4:25 PM BST
i vastly prefer the flat wickett i must admit, though love watching the quality jumps.

it is a different way of doing things but it's no worse than the flat for corruption.

unless you listen to some of the armchair jockeys on here who actually think jockeys jump off their mounts on purpose sometimes.

i would say it's easier to account for big distance defeats though because of the factor i stated earlier.
Report TheJudge October 18, 2012 4:33 PM BST
suggesting the winter AW game is straighter.....

come on son Crazy
Report Wickett October 18, 2012 4:42 PM BST
Straight or not Judge - my figures show for certain which one I'm better at!!

Agree with the explanations for long winning distances Striding - just not sure how I equate these into making my tissue as yet.  So well versed on the flat I was probably being very naive in thinking the same methods would be an instant success over the jumps...
Report MJK October 18, 2012 5:10 PM BST
Can't wait for Cheltenham tomorrow. No one purposely leaving the stalls last and getting sand in the face, or burying a horse in a 5f sprint and giving it no chance by running it up the arse of the one in front of it, or running 6 wide around the bend in a sprint, or having no chance before you run cause you're drawn on the wrong side... Anyhow, we all have a different opinion on these thingsHappy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com