Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Redford_Blade
04 Jul 12 20:33
| Topic/replies: 2,291 | Blogger: Redford_Blade's blog
Advice sought. Now I have small + to my account but I am the first to accept I have dreadful discipline and could have a really healthy balance.

I bet 60% racing, 30% football and 10% golf and see success and failures in all areas, but I can have dramatic swings in both directions. Within the last 7 days I have been -£300 but with the last 72hrs I am now +£150 and I can only blame it on discipline.

I have always said, just Saturday racing only but get lured into midweek, after work when relaxing and this is when the swings can be big, as well as the up and down feelings!!

Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone managed there discipline and come through successfully? Looking for ways and solutions to this?
Pause Switch to Standard View Advice seeked...Discipline. (Lack of)
Show More
Report fawwon July 4, 2012 8:41 PM BST
Saturday is the only day worth bothering with, unless there is a big meet on imo
Report Roger De Bris July 4, 2012 8:48 PM BST
write out your last 3 months bets and analyse the good ndthe bad.
Report Shidas Touch July 4, 2012 8:59 PM BST
Redford...If it is any consolation. I am very much in the same boat. I have the 10% theory where I make 10% of bank, which I do by studying it and then either backing or laying to get to the target.

I nearly always have one more play which costs me as it is badly researched or done in haste.....Then I chew it over...

Watch layer cake....Daniel Craig says...Have a plan and stick to it. When I do that, guess what, success follows.
Report Greg_Gory July 4, 2012 9:01 PM BST
betting with a gun to your head Shocked

2009-2010

http://skybluekangaroo.com/blog/
betting-with-a-gun-to-your-head/
Report johnny utah July 4, 2012 9:02 PM BST
Similar story here. What Roger says, keep a record of your betting, and try to analyze what does and does not work.

And never chase loses.
Report ykickamoocow July 4, 2012 11:43 PM BST
disipline..we all lacked it in school and now we crave it in later life..if u havn't got some sort of disipline in ur everyday life u have no chance with betting..its like askin a guy who smokes 40 a day to be disiplined and just smoke 5 today..it just aint going to happen..losin is the poison to disipline...either treat what u do as a business or a hobbie...u might get more out of the hobbie...yes a disiplined hobbie...the perfect scenario for winning or losing..but who cares...Cool
Report ykickamoocow July 4, 2012 11:44 PM BST
i will learn to spell discipline..i willLaugh
Report yeahyeahwhatever July 5, 2012 4:00 AM BST
This was first posted by someone a long time ago (can't remember original poster) sorry.  It sounds a bit daft, but it really can work to reduce chasing or increase discipline.  Problem with betting online is that it's all to easy to forget it's real money, so what you have to do is to keep your betfair balance in real money (or photocopied money/Monopoly money) next to your computer.  Then, when you place a bet on betfair you take that amount out of the "money" you keep by the computer.

Bit like using cash instead of credit cards to buy things - brings home how much you're really risking/spending, and how much you really have left.

good luck
Report metro john July 5, 2012 5:12 AM BST
What you seek is the Holy Grail of Gambling, what you seek you already know, it is in the question that you ask!
Report metro john July 5, 2012 5:20 AM BST
http://youtu.be/gASY7Lj5GPQ

Cool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com