Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
chewy11
20 Oct 21 16:54
| Topic/replies: 683 | Blogger: chewy11's blog
Has anyone been to Keenland? I'm planning a trip to the Breeders Cup next year which will probably be 3 nights in Nashville, drive to Lexington for 4 nights, both days at the races & come home. I'm looking for any experiences others may have had of the area & particularly of the track.
Show More
Report harry callaghan October 22, 2021 10:09 PM BST
Really good track..
A real shame last years meeting was run on a speed friendly dirt track, otherwise a perfectly fair dirt track..
They got it wrong last year, so hopefully they get it right for when you go chewy. I was considering it myself but am doubtful in all fairness.
The turf track requires a capable horse, very tight like a lot of American turf tracks.
I long for the day the breeders cup is run at saratoga myself but keenland and Churchill very good tracks imo. This del mar isn’t for me
Report chewy11 October 26, 2021 12:40 PM BST
Thanks Harry, Keenland certainly looks very nice. 99% chance of getting there for us if other factors don't reappear. Del Mar would have been good for some winter sun but I agree I don't like the look of it for Breeders Cup.
Report chewy11 December 3, 2021 10:14 AM GMT
Accomodation booked in Nashville & Lexington. Fingers crossed.
Report nocturnal December 3, 2021 1:13 PM GMT
Sounds like a blast ..... music,racing and everything in between.

Couple of "Superfectas" will do the trick Chewy.

Bin the return flights,straight up to chicago for route 66.

Couple of Harleys and your away,we only live once Wink

Have family in Denver,hopefully travel will have eased by the time you go.Bring this to the top nearer the time if things look dodgy,they might be able to give you the views from their end,if that helps in any way.

Enjoy the ride.
Report chewy11 December 3, 2021 1:28 PM GMT
Cheers Noc. We've booked two Airbnb's with full refunds up to a week before arrival, hopefully we'll make it but who knows? I've never ridden a motorbike with gears without falling off, the last time was about 35 years ago, I'll skip the Harley thanks!! Nashville & Lexington both look good, thats partly why we chose Keenland, Santa Anita can wait!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com