Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cryoftruth
26 May 21 20:34
| Topic/replies: 7,272 | Blogger: cryoftruth's blog
Al Aasy is a very short price for this ante post.

He has one good performance on good ground but his most impressive performance has been with plenty of give. I like him and see him as a possible soft ground Arc winner.

BUT...not a single drop of rain is forecast between now and Oaks day, and whilst you would not necessarily rule out imbecilic over watering at Epsom, the going would otherwise be good to firm.

He may not even run on good to firm. And if the ground is good or faster, Love might turn up and stuff him anyway. Evens is not a very attractive price.
Pause Switch to Standard View Coronation Cup
Show More
Report elisjohn May 30, 2021 6:58 AM BST
cracking race in prospect if love turns up, ( though i was one of her doubters last season), personally think she was vastly overated , now well see on friday
Report elisjohn May 30, 2021 6:59 AM BST
ps agree cry, actually i ve layed the fav myself for this
Report gpz6316 May 30, 2021 11:25 PM BST
al aasy what a poo name ! love and japan have much more class , given loves profile and japans trading with ladbrokes at the same price its obvious in my mind that japan is the horse to be on here . only a tickle as mares dont take much getting readyand she could surprise coolmore where shes at
Report gpz6316 May 30, 2021 11:30 PM BST
also the general public will come for love .it will be hard to know if shes well or its blind money . i think the market has already spoken and its japan .
Report LoyalHoncho May 31, 2021 4:38 PM BST
I'm with you elisjohn - great race in prospect.  Beats the Derby for me which has long since gone downhill..
Report impossible123 May 31, 2021 5:08 PM BST
The market is indicating Japan is a participant only in the absence of Love. I hope the 3lb gift from Al Aasy could swing it her way to offset 1st outing of the season.

I just cannot have the fav on given form.
Report impossible123 May 31, 2021 9:54 PM BST
As always stable insiders sold backers on 'Love' a dummy. The horse is set to wait for Royal Ascot instead.
Report elisjohn June 1, 2021 5:43 AM BST
Cry, coolmore
Report cryoftruth June 1, 2021 6:38 AM BST
Yes Japan and Mogul will still be decent opponents.

Sadly after the wettest May ever the cotc has started turning on the taps so that instead of good to firm the going will only be good on Oaks day.
Report elisjohn June 3, 2021 2:34 PM BST
the derby used to be wednesday, the oaks saturday, so was the coronation on the thurs or friday,? and what was the main race on the other day, diomed ?   thx
Report LoyalHoncho June 3, 2021 3:51 PM BST
I;m sure the Coronation was on the Thursday.  That was in the days of Raffingora!  The king of sprinters who blitzed the track record over the 5.
Report The Headmaster June 4, 2021 9:57 AM BST
Derby
Coronation Cup
Northern Dancer H'cap
Oaks
Report Figgis June 4, 2021 12:04 PM BST
I agree with the general opinion on here about Al Aasy. He put up a solid Gp3 performance first time out this year so I took the short odds on him last time. On the face of it he appeared even more impressive there, but by my reckoning he won without even running to his previous figure. He still hasn't been fully tested so possibly he's capable of even more, but on what he's actually achieved he's too short.

In my view, despite winning a couple of Gp2s last season, Pyledriver is barely even Gp3 class. Those races just fell apart for him and I can easily discount him today. So he'll probably bolt in Laugh. If Japan can return to the form he showed behind Ghaiyyath then he beats this field easily. However, that race seemed to take a hell of a lot out of him as his form seriously declined afterwards. He didn't need to run anywhere close to his best to win at Chester on those terms. Maybe that race will bring him on but I'd want to see more before backing him. I'm not really a fan of Mogul, I think they were both very weak Gp1s he won and up to now there is no evidence he's trained on from 3 to 4.

Albaflora was very impressive to the eye last time and by my calculations the performance was backed up on the clock. I have her 1lb ahead of Al Aasy's best, plus she gets the 3lb allowance. When a horse puts up a massively improved display like that, especially on soft ground, there is always a question of whether it can back it up, but at these odds in a race with doubts about the others she's an automatic bet for me.
Report penzance June 4, 2021 12:23 PM BST
good race this and think Al Aasy on this seasons
performances deserves to head the market.Thing
to me is the only time he probably really disappointed
was @Goodwood when well btn behind Mogul. The track not
to dissimilar from Epsom.Whoever you back GL.
Report A_T June 4, 2021 3:00 PM BST
this will certainly be a good measure of the favourite - if he beats the O'Brien pair with daylight then he would appear to be top class. price too short today though
Report A_T June 4, 2021 3:16 PM BST
don't quite know how the fave lost that - reminded me of El Gran Senor in the derby
Report Figgis June 4, 2021 3:18 PM BST
I can easily discount him today. So he'll probably bolt in

Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com