Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SOULDANCER
05 Mar 21 05:24
| Topic/replies: 2,846 | Blogger: SOULDANCER's blog
Like reading his posts usually but I think he's too partisan on this subject

His arguments flawed and his figures are wrong, it's almost comical.
Pause Switch to Standard View Kevin Blake. In depth analysis of...
Show More
Report Hibore March 5, 2021 6:40 AM GMT
He’s put up Santini in Gold Cup.
Report impossible123 March 5, 2021 5:20 PM GMT
He's my friend, if so. A super friend if he puts up Champ too; forecast will do me fine, whichever way. If so, 2021 is made.
Report Flemenstar March 14, 2021 2:30 AM GMT
strongly agree. And seems to be the way of a lot of analysts from that side of the Irish Sea
Report Facts March 20, 2021 10:26 AM GMT
Did OK didn't he ?
Report SOULDANCER March 20, 2021 11:41 AM GMT
What?

Writing that if Irish Handicappers are put up 2 or 3lb that's o.k. but anything more cry cry cry.
Report impossible123 March 20, 2021 7:20 PM GMT
Santini...he's a real equine monkey. Will he end up in the National? He's on offer at 92.

De Bromhead: 1st and 2nd
Hendo: both pulled-up.
Report SOULDANCER March 21, 2021 5:14 AM GMT
Flemenstar,

Thank you for actually reading and commenting on the Kevin Blake article.

I mean you could have not bothered but decided to post an inane comment instead and left me totally exasperated.

Thanks again.
Report nocturnal March 21, 2021 11:42 AM GMT
Exasperated is fair,like two different conversations Soul.

Not an avid reader of this guy,normally articulate and accurate from what I have seen.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing,that article does look flawed knowing what we do now.

I.m struggling to remember a Festival that has raised so many questions as this one.

Not just handicapping,the championship races and graded novice events followed a similar pattern.

The Arkle and Ultima were a smokescreen for what followed.

Give it a week and no doubt all will be well in racing land,the blinkers will be firmly back in place.

Rather than lament the Irish system,our own systems needs questioning first.

Probably not the year to take everything at face value,the balance of power does swing both ways.

Very difficult to give one reason,I think there are many factors that led to this weeks results.

Would be interesting to see KB thoughts post festival,one of a select few worth listening to.
Report SOULDANCER March 22, 2021 11:09 AM GMT
Noc,

Kevin Blake's new article is on At The Races now, think he's pretty much changed his tune cos he's now saying British trained horses official ratings are too high.

Think your right about the balance of power swinging both ways. It was only around 12 years ago the BHA raised every British trained National Hunt horse by 10lb because their marks were considered too low.

Always found it odd they'd do that then tinker with the Irish rating when they came over. It's like they didn't believe it. And if you do that why raise some more than others.

It's like they are saying the Irish handicapper is incompetent.

Anyway Blake's new article is full of common sense again, he's banging on about too many graded races again, as he does.

But he's not wrong.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com