Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
doncaster rover
23 Dec 20 12:36
| Topic/replies: 583 | Blogger: doncaster rover's blog
Should the COVID situation get even worse and the English government banned the travel including horses from Ireland to England would all Ante Post bets be lost on the Irish horses bit harsh but I suppose that’s the perils of ante post betting
Pause Switch to Standard View Irish Cheltenham N Rs
Show More
Report layingisthewayforward December 23, 2020 10:37 PM GMT
T'is the name of the game unfortunately. I suspect most books would void bets as a PR exercise. All bets on here though would stand and be settled as none runners.
Report buddeliea December 24, 2020 7:24 AM GMT
If worse happens, i sincerely hope the bookies refund all bets on Irish horses,and imo they should.

I dont have a problem if a horse cannot run because of normal reasons, we all understand that when placing antepost bets.
What would be hard to take is losing money on horses that cannot run because of a travel ban caused by a Pandemic.

Its a complete one off, and should be treated as such.
Report buddeliea December 24, 2020 7:25 AM GMT
I believe that bets on Monalee for the KG refunded?
Report sageform December 31, 2020 10:13 AM GMT
How about a quarantine because of horse flu.
Report SOULDANCER January 1, 2021 7:42 AM GMT
I can't see bookies refunding ante-post bets on Irish horses and certainly not all bookies.

You don't see many 'justice payments' flying about.
Report liberator of the oppressed January 6, 2021 7:38 AM GMT
Just listening to the discussion about irish travel ban or restrictions on last RUK road to Cheltenham. Bookmakers organisations are usually quick to clarify things I'm going to have to make a decision shortly do I trade out or cash out to minimise any potential damage I've got a good few quid tied up don't want to throw it away mostly on Envoi Allen is 2.5 to lay not for much. I agree with you Soul you cannot back anything now for Chelters
travelling from over the sea with confidence.
Report liberator of the oppressed January 6, 2021 7:51 AM GMT
As an aside the 7/1 Imperial A in the Ryanair looks stonking good value now.
Report penzance January 6, 2021 10:40 AM GMT
one horse who won't be coming over is
Monalee,out for the season it seems.
Report buddeliea January 6, 2021 12:35 PM GMT
Funny you should say that Liberator, i am sill looking for the form that makes him a 7/1 shot.

Each to their own i guess.
Report liberator of the oppressed January 6, 2021 12:58 PM GMT
All things equal he'll get there no irish will be 6/4 on the day form or not budd.
Report sageform January 6, 2021 1:37 PM GMT
I have 6 ante post bets on English trained horses and a lay of Envoi Allen. They can allow Irish horses in all of the restCool Irish trainers who don't plan to run their horses again before March might be getting nervous.
Report layingisthewayforward January 6, 2021 6:02 PM GMT
Books take peanuts antepost compared to on the day markets, im sure nearly all would void.

There deffo be any punters anyway Sad
Report sageform January 6, 2021 8:23 PM GMT
All of mine are on Betfair exchange so I hope they will stand.
Report saxon farm January 6, 2021 10:25 PM GMT
sageform
Exchange bets will stand. They cannot be voided.
Bets with bookmakers will stand, nevertheless I expect most if not all to void due to possible extenuating  circumstances .
Report saxon farm January 6, 2021 10:42 PM GMT
Correction to the above.
I expect bets on IRISH and FRENCH  trained horses to be refunded if they cannot travel over.
Report sageform January 7, 2021 9:22 AM GMT
That was my assumption but at the moment, nothing is sacrosanct.
Report buddeliea January 9, 2021 10:53 AM GMT
bookies giving refunds on Irish bets if covid prevents travel,according to opening show this morning, although not yet confirmed by Lads and C0rals.
Exchange bets stand.
Report cloone river January 9, 2021 11:31 AM GMT
Fair play to Chapman for having a go at bookies if not given money back if horses cannot go because of covid restrictions.Had a right go at them.Olly looked a bit uneasy with it.
Report unclepuncle January 9, 2021 12:42 PM GMT
Definitely could be an interesting angle - backing English horses on the exchange where the majority of the market leaders are Irish.

The one that stands out to me is Roksana in the Mares - I know she is also in the Stayers but she has zero chance of winning that imo yet with the Irish out of the Mares Hurdle she would be an odds on shot.
Report Nogoody January 9, 2021 7:49 PM GMT
Potters corner in the x country would be very short w/o Irish and French runners.
Report elisjohn January 10, 2021 1:09 AM GMT
trump  and lizowski bets were refunded by some bookies ( perhaps all), but bets on exchange stood, both were pulled out last minute in snooker  masters, due to covid
Report impossible123 January 12, 2021 4:38 PM GMT
Maybe the Irish non-runners could have their own Cheltenham (in Ireland) at the same time if a travel ban is imposed.
Report PeteTheBloke January 27, 2021 7:08 PM GMT
There's a (weak) market under horse racing specials.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com