Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hibore
07 Dec 20 19:22
| Topic/replies: 2,709 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
A very good card and 2 standout races. Caspian Gold Cup and International hurdle.

In the Gold Cup is shaping up to be a corker with Master TT, Al Dancer, Mr Fisher and Coole Cody due to line up. The one that interests me is Windsor Avenue getting 9lbs from Master TT. Ellison rates this horse extremely highly and the ground should be perfect. I think by March he may be giving weight to the whole field. 10/1.

The International could see the reappearance of Goshen against the likes of Sceau Royal and Chtibello. I’ve taken the PP 3/1 earlier as I make him a 6/4 if he turns up. Chtibello would be my selection if he vanished again.

I’m going both days and can’t wait especially now the Peterborough Chase has been added to Friday.Cool
Pause Switch to Standard View Cheltenham 12th Dec
Show More
Report paulo47 December 8, 2020 12:43 PM GMT
A question for both Windsor Avenue and Master Tommytucker is whether they are capable of jumping round Cheltenham at first look . I cant see any stand out possibilities and will probably rely on Cepage (please dont run in the Peterborough ).
Report Hibore December 8, 2020 6:17 PM GMT
Windsor Avenue is very much fancied on Saturday. Seen a video of his jumping at home and is electric ! 10/1 gone and could be nearer 5/1 after some of the opposition go to the Peterborough on Friday.
Report paulo47 December 8, 2020 7:24 PM GMT
I will take your word for it Hibore ,I  just remember that awful Sam Spinner race  , then he fell the time after .
Report Hibore December 8, 2020 9:28 PM GMT
I can confirm he’s thriving at home and I think 148 is a very very lenient handicap mark. Some horses he’s beaten in the past effortlessly are rated 145+ now.
At Carlisle Imperial Aura beat him by 2 lengths giving 4lbs (168) behind were Sam Brown (158) Black Op (156) and Brewinupastirm (158). The fact he went off around 5/1 third fav tells you what they think of him. I thought he looked the second best horse in the race. 12/1 and 10/1 ew on Saturday is/was value as he’s a definite runner barring accidents.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 12, 2020 1:49 PM GMT
dRIFTING LIKE A BARGE
20-1

Wink
Report sageform December 14, 2020 8:00 AM GMT
Hope you enjoyed the crack Hibore even if your fancies bombed out.
Report Hibore December 18, 2020 7:26 AM GMT
Had a great 2 days at Cheltenham. First time in Panoramic restaurant on Friday which was very good and Saturday in with members.
New Year’s Day looks doubtful now we are in Tier 3 Angry
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 18, 2020 4:00 PM GMT
Yier 2
STILL

Wink
Report Hibore December 18, 2020 6:02 PM GMT
New Year’s Day looks doubtful now we are in Tier 3 Angry

We are...not IT is.
Report sageform December 21, 2020 9:12 AM GMT
Are you now in Tier 4 Hibore? In any case, even if you lived in Cornwall, would you risk it?
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 21, 2020 12:07 PM GMT
Cheltenham is TIER 2
Probably next tier from ?

Grin
Report sageform December 21, 2020 12:25 PM GMT
Could easily be from the south east, 10 million are.
Report Hibore December 21, 2020 12:37 PM GMT
Yes, I’m near Epsom. We have a low rate around here but in Tier 4.

I must admit that Sandown and Cheltenham were very good keeping us safe. I would go to either again with my wife without any worries....no more than going to garden centre or supermarket. Probably safer !
Report sageform December 21, 2020 3:19 PM GMT
It is the possibility of having to make a pit stop or breaking down that would put me off even if I wasn't too old. I never missed a Cheltenham meeting for 35 years but prefer to be home now.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com