Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GI MAC
22 Nov 20 17:13
| Topic/replies: 3,008 | Blogger: GI MAC's blog
You can see those who ran well last year doing so again. Interestingly Yala Enki (who will surely go well again) is better off at the weights with Potters Corner and Truckers Tavern so that will help him, also Truckers Tavern is apparently being aimed at the GN so I can't see them blowing his mark to win this.  Two I do like atm are:

Cloudy Glen who looked so good the other day at Fontwell, over a trip in the mud, he also has course form. 20/1 is available and I think that's worth a punt, trainer does well in this.

Before pulling up in the NH Chase last season Springfield Fox was an improving young chaser, his win over the course in January was good. Seemingly being aimed at this. He's entered in a hurdle race this week maybe as a prep? Keen to see him this season before betting.
Pause Switch to Standard View Welsh National 27/12/20
Show More
Report harry callaghan December 5, 2020 3:14 PM GMT
Thanks knot...that’ll put him on 9-6.then it will be key what native river does, if he is pulled out he will be in the handicap proper so native river is a big horse

Not saying I’ve bet him, still sorting the weights out but he will be a strong favourite I’d say if native comes out
Report SOULDANCER December 6, 2020 5:58 AM GMT
GI Mac great opening post with Springfield Fox.

4lb penalty puts him on 134 which made the cut 8 out of last 10 years.

The Two Amigos ran a blinder and this longer trip hopefully can help turn the tables.

As harry callaghan says Native River is key to SP's chance.
Report SOULDANCER December 6, 2020 6:00 AM GMT
Springfield Fox's chance.
Report GI MAC December 6, 2020 7:15 AM GMT
aye, he went well yesterday souldancer, have had a little on him at 14's now. Lots of clues for the big one. Yala Enki fell at the first, so no hard race for him. Cloudy Glen no so good.
Report SOULDANCER December 6, 2020 9:23 AM GMT
Secret Reprieve on 134 mixed him up with Springfield Fox there.
Report nocturnal December 6, 2020 11:26 AM GMT
You had me second guessing you there Souldancer Grin

NR does muddy the water,Tizzy has two on 9-08 lower down,will that be a factor.

Mixture of everything in there,notably some unexposed second season chasers.

Not sure if Yala can win this off current mark,if he,s ok from yesterday a decent claimer might be an option.

Evident from last years renewal just how much this race means to local trainers,not to be under-estimated.

Several Irish raiders entered,no idea how current restrictions might affect their participation.

There is one in there that I like this far out,not sure if this is the plan just yet.

3 week break for Vieux Lion Rouge,his previous ride in this was awful,on yesterdays evidence a small penalty might not be enough to stop him,he would have to enter calculations if given the nod.

Always an intriguing set of entries,tough as you like this far out.
Report harry callaghan December 6, 2020 12:07 PM GMT
What connections said:
Evan Williams, trainer: "It's always nice when they go like that after a fall last time because you always worry. He was very good and that was lovely to see. The Welsh National will be next."

If this native river comes out this horse could be a very strong favourite...whether you like it not he is going to be very well in
Report harry callaghan December 6, 2020 12:08 PM GMT
Or
Report GI MAC December 6, 2020 12:54 PM GMT
YE has a tough mark for sure, I'm hoping they try again, he'd be an ew bet possibly. More importantly he could be top weight, all guesswork of course; but I cannot see them running Native River leaving YE on 11.12, so weights would rise by 9lbs.
Report FELTFAIR December 7, 2020 12:58 PM GMT
Harry, joe Tizzard says Native River unlikely to go to Welsh Grand National. So the chances of the chances of Secret Reprieve getting a run are much improved. Will still need several to drop out.
Report harry callaghan December 7, 2020 1:13 PM GMT
Yeah seen that felt...looks like we are going to get a very strong favourite as he is chucked in...I haven’t played but do wish I had a betfred account as 25 after the race Saturday was a gift. Much to ponder
Report harry callaghan December 17, 2020 5:45 PM GMT
New tide not running year to early says trainer...

Anyone know when decs are out? Is it 5 or 7 day decs appreciate it if anyone knows
Report morpteh mackem December 20, 2020 9:18 AM GMT
all the rain they've had, might be lucky to survive
Report nocturnal December 20, 2020 10:07 AM GMT
Harry .... From last years thread,the next forfeit stage was the 21st dec,sounds about right.

Double figures the field without the forecast jolly.

Secret Reprieve would be around 30th on the current list if he gets the 4lb penalty.

Re-assessed at 142,that has him 8lb well in if the above is correct.

The stables other runner looks no back number on last years running.

The jockey bookings for that pair alone will be interesting.

Any stables located in Tier 4 areas,do sporting events still fall outside the normal guidelines ?

One of my favourite handicaps in the entire year,lets hope it goes ahead.
Report impossible123 December 20, 2020 1:41 PM GMT
Secret Reprieve? Is he the one napped by the jockey's wife on ITV Racing whose name I cannot remember at the moment? He'll be carrying no weight if he gets in; 20 max, he's 35th.
Report harry callaghan December 20, 2020 5:19 PM GMT
Thanks noc
Report GI MAC December 21, 2020 1:56 PM GMT
Alminar
Big River
Bobo Mac
Captain Drake
Christmas In April
Cloudy Glen
Didero Vallis
Dominateur
Joe Farrell
Lord Du Mesnil
Moyhenna
Prime Venture
Ramses De Teillee
Secret Reprieve
Springfield Fox
The Hollow Ginge
The Two Amigos
Truckers Lodge
Vieux Lion Rouge
Yala Enki
Report nocturnal December 21, 2020 2:04 PM GMT
GI ....... No work Shocked

Both your shouts make it,time to have a proper look.
Report GI MAC December 21, 2020 2:11 PM GMT
Off for a fortnight now Grin
Yours has made it also.
Report FELTFAIR December 21, 2020 2:20 PM GMT
Your horse got in Harry.
Report harry callaghan December 21, 2020 2:21 PM GMT
Which one felt...the one for tentofollow? or the one I’ve backed?
Report harry callaghan December 21, 2020 2:28 PM GMT
Yes felt the one I’ve backed is in...I don’t know why but want to get up their in the 10 to follow it sickens I’m not going to do it, unless truckers comes up the running no doubt stiffing me for the one I like for the race
Report harry callaghan December 21, 2020 2:39 PM GMT
Ah, you thinking I’m on secret reprieve felt? I’m afraid not pal I didn’t have a betfred account and had already done the weights before that race and I struggle to get interested in a 10/1 shot ante post which he was pretty quickly. I knew he would end up short though he’s well in for me
Report giggitygiggity December 21, 2020 2:40 PM GMT
Yeah Harry I was dreaming of a spectacular points haul and the Dec monthly prize with the one I had left in Deise Aba but obviously wasn't going to turn up after 2 pulled ups this season. Had a little antepost trixie which is now just a double on Not so sleepy 33/1 and Springfield fox 14/1 so will be cheering him on.
Well done OP for getting two just to turn up in the race. I backed Potters corner after his last run safe in the knowledge with his welsh connections that at least he will definitely turn up Crazy
Report nocturnal December 21, 2020 2:46 PM GMT
Great news GI

Not had a wager yet,lack of form around here tempers enthusiasm,shortlist still pretty long.

Springfield been solid throughout,interesting runner.
Report harry callaghan December 21, 2020 2:47 PM GMT
Yeah shame giggity was really hoping to get in the mixer, just isn’t to be I’m afraid...next year I’ll spend more time on it and hopefully have a run at it, just a few to many errors I’ve made. We live and learn
Report Facts December 22, 2020 6:39 PM GMT
Truckers Lodge and Christmas In April  for me
Report morpteh mackem December 22, 2020 7:33 PM GMT
christmas in april for me too, ticks a lot of trends boxes.
Report harry callaghan December 22, 2020 8:02 PM GMT
Got a a good chance Christmas in April and truckers certainly worth a saver
Report SOULDANCER December 23, 2020 7:25 AM GMT
The Two Amigos wouldn't be running if weights hadn't gone up says trainer. Jockey couldn't have done 10 stone.

Phew! Dodged a bullet there. When you think you know everything ....and you don't.
Report harry callaghan December 23, 2020 9:54 AM GMT
Must be a good betting heat this, judging by the wide range of opinion on many horses on the thread...should be a good race. Not sure this might actually cut up more than we think in regards the amount of runners as the pipe horses don’t look sure to run...We will see I suppose
Report unclepuncle December 24, 2020 1:06 PM GMT
Got nice ante post positions on Two Amigos (27) and Christmas In April (44) but seeing the weather forecast for Saturday into Sunday I reckon it will be called off.Cry
Report harry callaghan December 24, 2020 2:13 PM GMT
Nothing better than a good Christmas aftertime punkle
Report unclepuncle December 24, 2020 4:31 PM GMT
From someone who has been saying it will be good / good to soft for the King George that is a doozy.Laugh

Not sure who tipped them but I just followed them in on 3rd December. Not big bets but nice positions none the left. The Welsh National has zero interest for me so happy for someone else to make a suggestion.

Christmas In April -
Ref: 218366221864

Two Amigos - April
£*.**
£*****
Ref: 218366221864
Matched: 08:27 03-Dec-20
The Two Amigos
£***
£******
Ref: 218366254852
Matched: 08:28 03-Dec-20
Report harry callaghan December 25, 2020 12:21 AM GMT
https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/kempton/owners-and-trainers/the-going/
Report PJay December 25, 2020 5:28 PM GMT
I'm well out of the loop but couldn't help a look on this lazy Christmas Day. Big River at 20s looks a good price. Race should suit.
Report paulo47 December 25, 2020 8:10 PM GMT
If anybody is bored , then ATR has Graham Dench's top 10 Welsh Nationals (in full ) , which is well worth a watch , particularly the top 2 , plus the Rag Trade grand national with  the first 12 fences of the Duc on Nereo , till his fall .
Report FOYLESWAR December 25, 2020 8:23 PM GMT
dominateur  16s and christmass in april 10s bog both  each way.
Report GI MAC December 26, 2020 12:51 PM GMT
Added Dominateur (16's) and an ew on Joe Farell (50's) to my Springfield Fox bet, fingers crossed it goes ahead.
Report harry callaghan December 26, 2020 8:34 PM GMT
William hill paying 7 places tomorrow...not sure their will be 7 finishers on the extreme swamp
Report Facts December 26, 2020 9:21 PM GMT
Swapped Truckers Lodge for Yala Enki . Still sweet on Christmas in April
Report nocturnal December 26, 2020 9:43 PM GMT
Inspection 7-45 am,fingers crossed they miss the heavy stuff overnight.

Some aptly named horses entered.

Harry ..... Bloody well hope its on,the suspense has been killing me Wink
Report harry callaghan December 26, 2020 9:56 PM GMT
I did pm you noc over a week ago tbh so you could get on something elseGrin...Im hating that hollow binge running that you like cannot get me head round him...open heat tbh...I've stopped to many this year so won't put the kibosh on this poor creature I've backed a few tbh. But they are just savers wasn't expecting enki or ramses for this tbh
Report nocturnal December 26, 2020 10:24 PM GMT
The hollow ginge was named after a recent president Shocked

Difficult one for trainers re travel,some no doubt will have to set off before inspection.

Agreed re betting,several looked nonners in the ante-post market,game within a game.

Likewise with more than one,see what the morrow brings.

With the Nativity season largely cancelled,I may have more runners than normal Cry
Report Facts December 27, 2020 8:40 AM GMT
B@gger Sad
Report harry callaghan December 27, 2020 8:59 AM GMT
Rescheduled for 9th of January...

How does the bets work now for this? do they stand or does the punter have a choice on the ante post bets?

Is the race reopened to other runners? If so, does the punter still have the choice to get his money back if he so wishes?

Not sure how all this works now tbh
Report penzance December 27, 2020 9:07 AM GMT
I believe all A/P bets will
stand if it's re-run.
Report penzance December 27, 2020 9:09 AM GMT
@Chepstow,that is.
Report harry callaghan December 27, 2020 9:13 AM GMT
Yes that’s my reading Penzance...

is the race however, re-opened to new entries in this case? If so then the punter should have a choice?

Does the favourite secret reprieve a right favour getting another 10 days rest in my book? and changes the time scale for penalties surely...it bothers me he will get that rest, fecking game
Report penzance December 27, 2020 9:26 AM GMT
don't think it will be open to new entries.
I do think wagers placed after the final
decs are voided/refunded.
Report harry callaghan December 27, 2020 9:27 AM GMT
This the sponsors rules

Ante Post Betting

Ante-Post simply refers to betting on future events. Often, you can secure a bigger price than what you would closer to the event, however the risk is that if your selection is a non-runner, it’s settled as a loser.

When can Ante-Post bets be declared void?

Ante-Post bets are declared void if a race is abandoned and doesn’t take place at a later date at the same venue.

What happens if a race or meeting is postponed?

If your selected race or meeting is postponed, your bet stands if it’s run at a later date at the same venue.

What happens if a race or meeting is postponed after the Final Declaration Stage?

If a bet is placed after the final declarations, and the race is then postponed all bets are void.
Report harry callaghan December 27, 2020 9:30 AM GMT
So just the entries declared for the race today then Penzance?
Report harry callaghan December 27, 2020 9:32 AM GMT
Cannot believe the penalty structure will be allowed to stand in a certain timescale? it does the penalised runners a right favour getting the 11 days extra in this case ffs
Report penzance December 27, 2020 9:39 AM GMT
I think that's the case as intended runners
would be knocked down back out the h'cap.
Report penzance December 27, 2020 9:45 AM GMT
Also if a horse is pulled out of the rescheduled
race Jan 9th,A/P bets are lost,I think.
Report harry callaghan December 27, 2020 9:52 AM GMT
Interesting looking at the previous races re-run and their have been 5 they have had full field sizers.

I would of thought it is just 5 day decs
Report CROPSICK December 27, 2020 8:06 PM GMT
has the market been cancelled? cant find my bets anywhere
Report CROPSICK December 27, 2020 8:15 PM GMT
i mean have bets been voided
Report FELTFAIR December 27, 2020 8:31 PM GMT
All my bets have been voided and money put back in my account.
Report giggitygiggity December 27, 2020 9:19 PM GMT
My exchange Potters corner bet refunded even though took out of race ages ago Laugh but my 365 Not so sleepy 33/1 Springfield fox 14/1 double still alive it looks like. Result Cool
Report CROPSICK December 28, 2020 10:03 AM GMT
ok thanks, my springfield fox bet still alive with 365.
Report SOULDANCER December 29, 2020 6:58 AM GMT
Betfair voids ante post bets then re-opens market few days later. I was all green trading The Two Amigos.

Still have my bets with Bookies but now the ground is gonna dry up.

Bugger.
Report harry callaghan December 29, 2020 9:22 AM GMT
I didn’t trade on the race but I agree souldancer...how can they void bets then re-open the book with the original entries? (I do understand why all the horses are back in) but why void the original The book, should re-open with all the bets standing...I wouldn’t be happy backer or layer not good that.
Report SOULDANCER December 30, 2020 6:27 AM GMT
I wonder if the favourite will make the cut this time?
Report GI MAC January 3, 2021 3:20 PM GMT
We are deploying frost covers ahead of next Saturday's re-schedule Welsh Grand National - temperatures are forecast to drop towards the middle of the week. Regular updates about the going will be posted. It's currently heavy with a generally dry week ahead.

From Chepstow racecourse
Report GI MAC January 4, 2021 12:41 PM GMT
Native River
Yala Enki
Truckers Lodge
Ramses de T
Lord du Mesnil
Cloudy Glen
The Hollow G
Vieux Lion R
Springfield Fox
The Two A
Big River
Dominateur
Captain Drake
Prime Venture
Joe Farrell
Christmas In A
Bobo Mac
Secret Reprieve
Didero Vallis
Calipso Collonges
Report GI MAC January 4, 2021 12:42 PM GMT
Native River back in!
Report harry callaghan January 4, 2021 12:46 PM GMT
He was trading at 170 on here....you’d think if he was a runner they’d of had that...not a good result for secret reprieve if he runs
Report harry callaghan January 4, 2021 12:52 PM GMT
Where you getting you’re entries from Mac or you work for weatherbys?
Report GI MAC January 4, 2021 12:54 PM GMT
tw!tter
Report harry callaghan January 4, 2021 12:55 PM GMT
Ah cheers
Report harry callaghan January 4, 2021 1:19 PM GMT
I’m afraid you’re mistaken Mac native river isn’t in 19 declared
Report GI MAC January 4, 2021 1:32 PM GMT
OK, guy who posts is normally reliable.
Report GI MAC January 4, 2021 1:37 PM GMT
From RP Website:

Big River
Bobo Mac
Calipso Collonges
Captain Drake
Christmas In April
Cloudy Glen
Didero Vallis
Dominateur
Joe Farrell
Lord Du Mesnil
Prime Venture
Ramses De Teillee
Secret Reprieve
Springfield Fox
The Hollow Ginge
The Two Amigos
Truckers Lodge
Vieux Lion Rouge
Yala Enki
Report harry callaghan January 4, 2021 1:48 PM GMT
I thought you were after getting one in the keep netGrin
Well you got one macLaugh
Report GI MAC January 4, 2021 1:57 PM GMT
Heh! Silly
Report GI MAC January 4, 2021 1:58 PM GMT
Happy to see Cloudy Glen back in, he was not declared last time.
Report nocturnal January 4, 2021 2:40 PM GMT
Calipso also in at 5 day stage.

Dipping below freezing overnight later in the week,according to bbc weather.

None the wiser looking at that lot,second time around Confused
Report harry callaghan January 7, 2021 11:13 AM GMT
Welsh National runners and riders

Yala Enki Bryony Frost
Truckers Lodge Lorcan Williams
Ramses De Teilee Tom Scudamore
Lord Du Mesnil Paul O'Brien
Cloudy Glen Charlie Deutsch
The Hollow Ginge Jamie Bargary
Vieux Lion Rouge Conor O'Farrell
Springfield Fox Sean Bowen
The Two Amigos Matt Griffiths
Big River Derek Fox
Dominateur Gavin Sheehan
Captain Drake Bryan Carver
Prime Venture Tom O'Brien
Joe Farrell James Best
Christmas In April Brendan Powell
Bobo Mac Adrian Heskin
Secret Reprieve Adam Wedge
Callipso Collonges Jack Tudor
Report GI MAC January 7, 2021 1:39 PM GMT
PRECAUTIONARY INSPECTION - at 2.30pm tomorrow (Friday) for coral Welsh Grand National meeting. No frost currently under the covers laid across the entire course. Temps -1C tonight. Snow showers forecast tomorrow.

From Chepstow Racecourse
Report Facts January 7, 2021 5:26 PM GMT
Fingers crossed.
Report harry callaghan January 7, 2021 8:20 PM GMT
Out of interest facts obviously different ball game now but are you still with Christmas and truckers...
I do think myself this is fiendish from a handicapping point of view...am debating this ginge horse just not sure about his jumping and am already hooked in on one that I might just have the max on, as just like him but still some more to be had the way I view the market...people backing this mesnil horse today...I can only think they have been listening to the trainer who has clearly had a good Christmas drink

I found the wifey clerk of the course interesting...said it might be better ground than the heavy but will probably be like a glue pot which makes it even more tricky...they called it heavy at the last meeting but I thought it was much better than that myself...much to ponder but it isn’t easy
Report harry callaghan January 7, 2021 9:19 PM GMT
Fair enough didn’t see you’re post on the other thread
Report penzance January 7, 2021 9:31 PM GMT
Although he's got 11-5 (3LB clm)and alot more
weight than last year,I keep coming back to
Truckers Lodge.He demolished the field @Uttox.
Still quite unexposed aswell for his age,only
ran in 6 chases.Got it to do with Yala Enki at
the weights,I know, but think he could have more
to offer at these stamina tests.
   10/1, with some books going 5&6 plcs.
   GL ALL
Report Facts January 8, 2021 11:24 AM GMT
Harry,

Just to confirm, still with Christmas In April. But have also gone with Yala Enki, instead of Truckers Lodge
Report Facts January 8, 2021 11:26 AM GMT
Had posted my change, earlier in this thread too.

Facts    26 Dec 20 22:21 
Swapped Truckers Lodge for Yala Enki . Still sweet on Christmas in April
Report harry callaghan January 8, 2021 11:50 AM GMT
Fair play pal...tricky I have a little on Christmas at 25 but don’t believe he is 11/1 for this so won’t be playing anymore on him...I like truckers and enki just always worries me with the trainer a little this time of year(flu jab) so although I have a cover on truckers it will only be a small cover on enki...
Tbh I can’t believe how this race is priced up... a lot of horses a mile out on their actual chance of winning...anyway I’ve got all day to sort it in my head
Report GI MAC January 9, 2021 10:59 AM GMT
Good to see it going ahead. Decided to add an ew bet on Joe Farrell, thought he ran well lto, hoping this will be more his thing, I can see him staying on at the end.

gl with your bets
Report FELTFAIR January 9, 2021 11:13 AM GMT
Stuck with my original fancies though sadly not at the original ante=post prices. The Two Amigos and Prime Venture both each way(6 places I hope when the market comes up)

Also had a free bet on The Hollow Ginge after backing at 34 and laying 28. Got a huge turn around at the weights with Lord Du Mesnil from their Haydock race so hoping the latter does not prove me wrong. Similarly Yala Enki but can`t back them all.
Report nocturnal January 9, 2021 3:06 PM GMT
Tricky .... Knowhere near the heavy ground anticipated.

The Hollow Ginge .... Initial fancy at entry stage,much the best of those held up behind cloth cap at newbury.His jumping was much better in the first time visor,not sure he wanted real deep gound,needs a clean round to be involved,not a fan of the pilot.

Vieux Lion Rouge .... Superb at Aintree,that 4lb may not stop him if he turns up in that form.Another who will prefer the less testing conditions,much prefer the way he was ridden over the national fences,most improved pilot I have seen,certainly at the northern tracks.

Calipso Collonges .... More a hunch than form related,travels like a good horse at times,lightly raced for his age,fine jumper at his best,very decent claimer should he be there at the business end.

I would agree Joe Farrell could easily out-run those odds,might find this going a little quick.

GL All
Report PJay January 9, 2021 3:09 PM GMT
I still like Big River here, despite being friendless in the market. Looks a great e/w bet especially with some going 6 places.
Report PJay January 9, 2021 3:23 PM GMT
Well it certainly didn't look heavy! Well done winners.
Report penzance January 9, 2021 3:30 PM GMT
winners
  wd
   GL
Report GI MAC January 9, 2021 3:33 PM GMT
wp winners
Report sageform January 9, 2021 4:34 PM GMT
winner is clearly a very promising horse but the second and third were very brave losers.
Report SOULDANCER January 9, 2021 5:42 PM GMT
Last years 2nd 3rd 4th 5th all in 1st 7.

History tends to repeat itself.

The winner pretty much looked the winner throughout race. Girth broke too and saddle slipped late on.

Great to have some excellent racing today when life at moment is same old, same old.
Report nocturnal January 10, 2021 9:22 AM GMT
Nothing like getting it wrong ..... I took that one on the snaff Sad

Another staying chase where the winner and placed horses were never too far back.

I wonder what Cloudy Glen backers made of that ride ?

Winner did that nicely,somewhere near 150 OR would be my guess,just the 6 chase starts.

Life will be tougher for him now,always interesting to see where he goes next,likeable type.

Well done if you came out ahead.
Report Facts January 10, 2021 11:06 AM GMT
Great effort by Yala Enki, still coming back at the close, giving loads of weight to winner.
Report penzance January 10, 2021 11:29 AM GMT
Cloudy Glen,never with a chance.
Have'nt seen the replay but think
Bobo Mac was the only horse to do
anything from being held up?Thought
he made a bad early error in the race
aswell.
Report GI MAC January 10, 2021 2:54 PM GMT
RE Cloudy Glen noc, was held up last of all and there was defo a pull with 11 fences to go when the horse was closing. He was right behind the leaders as they turned in, and not a lot happened from there! He never closed the gap, maybe he just wasn't good enough, but there was not a lot of effort from the jockey.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com