Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
15 Oct 20 14:14
| Topic/replies: 22,371 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
red hot fav and unbeaten palace pier is the one to beat,odds on  progressive and frankie up he will take all the beating after impressive wins in group1s the last twice, never be afraid of 1 horse though and another progressive one from the same yard is nazeef who has made up into a very smart 4 yo winning the group 1 sun chariot last time . has won on all types of going and more importantly has winning course form ,by all accounts dont do a lot at home but one of those that seem to save it for the track . the fav might be too good but this  one  is 12/1  and we dont really know how good she is  and can be backed each way .
selection nazeef ....12/1 each way good luck opinions encouraged ......stand back and stand by!
Pause Switch to Standard View queen liz stakes 1m ascot.
Show More
Report nocturnal October 16, 2020 10:34 AM BST
(Thestatsdontlie)

11/12 age 3 or 4
6/12  fav
11/12 top 3 betting
9/12 won lto
8/12 ran within 35 days
4/12 won ascot
8/12 won over 8f
10/12 min 8 flat runs
9/12 min 4 flat wins
9/12 rated 120 or above
8/12 won group 1
10/12 min 4 runs current season
11/12 won current season

Palace Pier looks rock solid on ratings,superb in the James Palace.

Can he be beaten ?

Benbatl and Ribchester were both beaten off similar ratings,Roaring Lion scraped home by a neck.

Three questions for the group racing experts on here,there are plenty.

1 Is that 126 OR based purely on the st james palace,and is it accurate ?

2 His french success says it was heavy,the time says 2.56 slow,do they use a similar standard time to us ?

3 If it does get close,does this lad have the required experience to dig it out.

Race of the day for me,regardless of our betting stance.
Report A_T October 16, 2020 11:10 AM BST
PP looks very short to me. 14 is a big field for a mile around Ascot - traffic problems quite possible. at the prices would prefer the French horse
Report FOYLESWAR October 16, 2020 11:27 AM BST
yes noc he does look rock solid and   my first thoughts were to leave this race as it looked his for the taking,  he is without doubt the most likely winner but my natural instinct is to take the shorties on .   the time boys will know better than me about the time on that going but it does seem to suggest that it may have been soft rather than heavy imo .
Report FELTFAIR October 16, 2020 12:33 PM BST
When I saw Frankel  win the QEii it was on the straight course.
Report impossible123 October 16, 2020 3:52 PM BST
PP is the banker, I believe; his form is solid. The French horse needs to improve loads to be sighted; Circus Maximus for the fc.
Report brigust1 October 16, 2020 4:45 PM BST
I have to agree with Imp123 PP looks as good an 8/11 shot as you will get. The ground on the straight course is usually better than the forecast going and there are no dark horses to worry about. He has been lightly raced and this has been his target for a long time. I hate betting odds on shots but, famous last words, this one looks as risk free as is possible.
Report unclepuncle October 16, 2020 8:02 PM BST
Was tempted to have a large e/w on The Revenant but instead have thrown away (literallyLaugh) a few quid on Roseman and Escobar on here at huge prices.Crazy
Report giggitygiggity October 16, 2020 9:04 PM BST
I dont think it's a very competitive race..especially compared to the champion stakes..quite a lot of sh1t running. Obviously Palace pier has to be the selection.
Report Figgis October 17, 2020 12:32 AM BST
My own assessment of the ground when PP won at Deauville was soft, nowhere near very soft or borderline heavy, just soft.

For me, the horse with the best form in the book is Circus Maximus, but in light of his last two efforts it would be difficult to back him with any confidence as his form has dropped right away since his first two runs this season.

I agree with A_T that Palace Pier is too short. At first I thought he had improved at Deauville but after further analysis I don't believe he did. Nevertheless, that form puts him only behind the currently out of form Circus Maximus, in my view, so obviously still gives him a great chance. However, as I have said before I think it's difficult for most horses to run fast repeatedly on multiple occasions when giving their all. PP may prove to be one of the exceptions, or he may simply have had more in the tank than I think, and in his favour he has had 62 days rest, but I have to oppose him at these odds. I did toy with the idea of backing Nazeef, but I can't be completely confident how she will run here after a busy season so will settle for laying the fav.
Report A_T October 17, 2020 8:55 AM BST
I thought this was on the round course but seems I was wrong. So is this race always run on the straight now - avoiding the "Willie Carson" route?

On the straight course I'd be more confident in PP but I still like the Revenant - second last year and should like the ground.
Report penzance October 17, 2020 11:34 AM BST
The Revenant 2nd in this last year
and holds a few of todays runners
on the book.Looks to have been saved
for this race by connections.Think
they will be disappointed if he don't
run a big one today.@11/2 looks a
cracking E/W bet to me.
   GL ALL
Report FOYLESWAR October 17, 2020 2:39 PM BST
had a  saver on circus maximus 2 pound better off with the fav could get closer this time tough and a decent horse on his day .good course form in the book.around 10s
Report brigust1 October 17, 2020 2:52 PM BST
I have backed this fav and had a saver on Nazeef. I don't think she is good enough but I do like the fillies on very soft ground and I would be gutted if she beat me.
Report nocturnal October 17, 2020 2:54 PM BST
Backed 3

Roseman,Molatham and Lord Glitters.

GL All
Report brigust1 October 17, 2020 3:13 PM BST
WD Figgis. I got that wrong. Frankie looking down a lot but he did ask him a lot. Perhaps the three-year-olds aren't up to much after all.
Report A_T October 17, 2020 3:17 PM BST
Gosden's stars have clearly gone for the season. The Arc, Strad today, now PP. Doubt Mishriff will even be placed.
Report brigust1 October 17, 2020 3:18 PM BST
phuck it lost a shoe.
Report nocturnal October 17, 2020 3:20 PM BST
Well Done Penzance
Report brigust1 October 17, 2020 3:25 PM BST
Yes WD winners and hard luck Noc.
Report A_T October 17, 2020 3:29 PM BST
Gosden said Stradivarius lost 2 shoes so I'm not sure what's going on there
Report penzance October 17, 2020 3:35 PM BST
think Gosden blamed the ground,'ran as
though he'd lost 2 front shoes'.
Could've heard wrong,though.
Report Figgis October 17, 2020 4:25 PM BST
Cheers brig Wink
Report penzance October 17, 2020 6:06 PM BST
nocturnal
  tx
Report FOYLESWAR October 17, 2020 9:13 PM BST
well done winners
Report FOYLESWAR October 17, 2020 9:16 PM BST
well done figgis and penzance , futurity next  week to look forward to !
Report nocturnal October 18, 2020 1:07 PM BST
Somehow missed A-T out on my post Whoops ..... well played.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com