Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
09 Jun 20 07:24
| Topic/replies: 22,342 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
brief write up, a superbly bred £3 million plus  gallieo colt given kind intro on debut, won his maiden then took races at the curragh and leopardstown in good style , before finishing 4th behind kameko in the futurity. the exp gained from last season will not be wasted . a big strong boy was how aiden described him last season and a step up to middle distances will be right up his street . with the right connections,bred for the job ,distance no problem, and around 9/1 whats not ta!  have been chipping away at this fella for a while and will continue to do so at the price .
selection ...... MOGUL 9/1 3 POINTS WIN.........GOOD LUCK . ............opinions ,input welcome.
Pause Switch to Standard View mogul derby 2020
Show More
Report impossible123 June 9, 2020 10:01 AM BST
I've my eye on Mogul (9/1) for a while, the main concern is he might end up in the Irish equivalent where he's 5/2f. In the rescheduled Vertem at Newcastle (not Doncaster) he was 7/2 2f against Kameko (9/2) and Kinross (13/8f), but dwelt in the re-arranged Vertem at the start; he won a Gp 2 well in Ireland.

He's been scratched from the Irish 2000G on this friday, but is down to run in the 10f Ten Sovereigns Stakes (not Derrinstown today) at The Curragh the same day; 2 weeks to Irish Derby and 3 weeks to Epsom. I think (and I hope) if winning  well this friday he'd be Epsom bound given the timeline and prestige of the Epsom race. To me Kameko is an unlikely stayer, and English King beat non-entities and relished the good to firm going.

AOB has 2 in the Derrinstown today in Roman Emperor (6/4f) and Iberia (11/4).
Report FOYLESWAR June 9, 2020 2:39 PM BST
had 3 in the derring imp won with the 16/1 outsider cormorant,  pretty sure  epsom is the target imp and the 3 week break would be more beneficial
a brother to japan who was perhaps a little unlucky in last years derby , kameko the fav  must have a chance but i am doubtful about the trip for him ,english king looked very good at lingfield but what did he beat ? military march ran very  well in the guineas and should be better over further.
Report impossible123 June 9, 2020 8:25 PM BST
I hope you're right with Mogul. I think AOB has sufficient ammo to win the Irish Derby with those that ran at Leopardstown earlier. I like Military March too, and about time Bin Suroor wins this race; Appleby won it with Masar.
Report impossible123 June 10, 2020 4:22 PM BST
Mogul has been entered for the King Edward VII Stakes on 16th (next week) at Royal Ascot. He's also down to run at The Curragh on friday. If he runs at Royal Ascot Epsom would be more likely, I believe; 1000G winner 'Love' is Epsom Oaks bound.
Report the bairn June 11, 2020 12:58 PM BST
I bet it yesterday at 9/1, now 10/1 on here, agh! cheers.
Report impossible123 June 11, 2020 2:14 PM BST
Manipulation. Bots fishing for possible/probable bargain post next tuesday; Japan won the same race after a plunge from 5/1 into 7/4 on the day.
Report impossible123 June 11, 2020 6:58 PM BST
A bit of a nimble in anticipation of a good run in the King Edward on tuesday. If winning that contest he'd be vying for fav as stamina is assured.
Report the bairn June 11, 2020 8:02 PM BST
I must agree with you, I think you have thought it out well and it will surely shorten if it runs well on tuesday.cheers.
Report FOYLESWAR June 11, 2020 8:09 PM BST
got some 10s last night on here and went to have another point on this afternoon but the exchanged crashed ,when it opened back up the 10s had gone sh, appens i spose !   wouldnt mind if he missed royal ascot and went straight to the derby with these connections it dont seem to matter ,they have no problem getting one there in tip top shape.
Report impossible123 June 11, 2020 9:21 PM BST
I managed a few at 11 today. I think I'll trade some during the race on tuesday where he's 11/8 fav.
Report elisjohn June 13, 2020 8:23 AM BST
someone fancying emissary for the derby , wanting over300£ on it for the derby, runs in the last goodwood tomorrow
Report FOYLESWAR June 13, 2020 9:01 AM BST
yes i noticed that yesterday elis ,interesting .
Report elisjohn June 13, 2020 11:55 AM BST
mogul declared for tuesday
Report impossible123 June 13, 2020 4:27 PM BST
5/6 from 13/8 for tuesday. Has a major protagonist withdrawn for this contraction?
Report elisjohn June 14, 2020 4:08 PM BST
ok derby only 3 weeks away, only 1 trial left on tuesday !(as far as i know)
looks only like 4 defo runners at the moment , kameko, english king, military march, vatican city  ,   theres absolutely nothing else with a hope so far
Report elisjohn June 14, 2020 4:11 PM BST
am thinking of backing those 5/1. 9/2 6/1 14/1, could be great in a 4 horse derbyLaugh
Report paulo47 June 14, 2020 6:04 PM BST
Am biased as have Tuscan Gaze at 140 and Vatican City at 50s EW , would like to hope  both would turn up with some sort of chance .
Report impossible123 June 14, 2020 6:43 PM BST
Mogul is having his 1st outing of the season on tuesday prior to Epsom Derby, and oppositions do not look stiff; Japan had his in The Dante and got stuffed. The market is indicating Mogul and Vatican City would be the 2 most likely for Epsom with possibly one another. And, given the unusual circumstances this year AOB is unlikely to have a battalion for Epsom either.

He's practically had the Irish equivalent sewed up, I think (but which one).
Report elisjohn June 14, 2020 7:26 PM BST
paulo, i wouldnt mind 50s on vatican city, nice oneWink
Report Howellsy June 14, 2020 10:52 PM BST
Paulo, Tuscan Gaze is interesting. He has impressed me on both starts so far and if he could squeeze in a trial beforehand, he could have a chance in an open year. I think there's a 10f group 3 at Newmarket a week before the Derby. If he's entered for that, you've got a live bet.
Report paulo47 June 15, 2020 9:04 AM BST
Thanks Howellsy , its even more a shot in the dark this year , yes I liked both his runs , seemed a very mature horse and has obviously improved .
Report FOYLESWAR June 15, 2020 9:15 AM BST
good luck paulo esp with vatican ,done a fair few quid on him in our guineas not turning up and a bit unlucky in the irish 2,000 on him for our derby but at around 16s vatican .................... mogul my main derby bet.
Report FOYLESWAR June 16, 2020 3:06 PM BST
one paced not good enough ..........laid some off earlier  but not enough Cry
Report impossible123 June 16, 2020 3:15 PM BST
No chance in The Derby on that showing. Apparently, he was carrying a condition.
Report unclepuncle June 16, 2020 3:19 PM BST
Certainly wouldn't be ripping up any antepost vouchers.

Just like Japan last year who was well beaten in the Dante he needed the run something chronic imo.
Report impossible123 June 16, 2020 4:52 PM BST
He was looked after once his chance of winning was gone. And, I still think this is the race for him. Hopefully the 3 weeks timeline will sharpen him enormously.
Report the bairn June 16, 2020 8:37 PM BST
I don't profess to know a lot about paddock watching, but Mogul looked helluva fat. cheers.
Report penzance June 16, 2020 9:53 PM BST
obviously have'nt seen the horse.Few people
have said he needed it,but in reality he was
sent there no where near fit,if that's the case.
I think questions should be asked if that goes
on to win the Derby,short fav today and trounced.
Also how many times do they put Moore on the wrong one?
Report paulo47 June 17, 2020 9:25 AM BST
Tbf O'brien did say that he was a big powerful colt who had done well during the winter and probably would need his first run in the King Edward . RP 8/6/20
Report impossible123 June 17, 2020 3:47 PM BST
Our pockets were picked by AOB. Thank goodness I left his brother alone today; they both ate too many pies during this inactivity period.
Report elisjohn June 17, 2020 6:43 PM BST
i just hate this stable, theyre worse than m johnston, look on the winner in the hampton court today, compare his last run only a week ago, japan , i had it in a treble, yes the other two wonCry, yates and fame and g running 10 lengths behind in a listed races  then romping home in group 1s , and watch that arizona probably running a stormer on sat.
Report elisjohn June 17, 2020 7:30 PM BST
Plain
Report elisjohn June 17, 2020 7:31 PM BST
Plain, testing i had a reply problemWink
Report impossible123 June 17, 2020 10:13 PM BST
10.5 from 28 here. Has he been confirmed for this?
Report impossible123 June 18, 2020 7:13 PM BST
I think someone had inside info thus his sudden price contraction last night despite running like a slow boat earlier. This is what AOB said of Mogul.

AOB: "We're struggling with him as we really wanted to get two runs into him before The Derby, obviously we didn't have the time and that's the way it was. That's why we came to Ascot with him - we thought a mile and a half would be a little bit tougher than a mile and a quarter at Leopardstown. We wanted to get a good run into him and let him get tired, so it will be interesting to see what he does between now and The Derby. There's every chance he'd make very good progress, but we'd to run him, we'd to take a chance on him getting tired because we're trying to put two runs into one run, if you know what I mean."

Looks like it's still Epsom, all things being equal.
Report impossible123 June 28, 2020 4:22 PM BST
Someone is stealthily buying up his stock for value.
Report the bairn June 28, 2020 11:36 PM BST
jason weaver, the shark, said it was fatter than him at Ascot,it will be a lean machine at Epsom, it will be joint fav. with ryan booked. cheers.
Report FOYLESWAR July 2, 2020 8:01 PM BST
laid a lot off of my mogul bet a few mins after ascot  .....then he went to 26 on here so went back in at that price, hopefully a good move !
Report FOYLESWAR July 2, 2020 8:02 PM BST
after the ascot race he finished 4th in ^^^^^
Report FOYLESWAR July 2, 2020 8:08 PM BST
think a coolmore hoss will win it ! which one though ? a lot of speed in vaticans pedigree although he shapes like a stayer ,10f may be his optimum trip ,russian emperor should get the trip and could improve a lot for it.he and mogul are the 2 i will be backing .
Report impossible123 July 3, 2020 12:18 PM BST
A win for Mogul could go some way to alleviate my predicament due to Covid. And, I think he might given the run of Japan last season who was also behind for the Epsom gig.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com