Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
John.W.Henry.
05 Feb 20 07:42
| Topic/replies: 3,549 | Blogger: John.W.Henry.'s blog
TREACYENNISCORTHY . The horse with the impossible to pronounce name !

He has to go down as one of the most improved staying hurdlers of the 2019 / 20 season.

I have to confess his style of racing is the single most important factor i look at whenever i want to have a bet pre race ( not often these days )

Just love his story and the way he goes about his work. If you have somehow missed his progression in recent weeks then i strongly recommend you have a look at him. If you love the sport for potential equine heroes then this lad is just the ticket for you.

Where will his improvement end ? No idea but i am a fully signed up member of the fan club.

Looking at him physically he is every inch a chaser and i doubt he will ever be risked on any ground faster than good to soft.

8yo:(12Feb12 b g)
Trainer:Robert Widger
Owner:Paula Widger
James Treacy until 2 Sep 2019
Sire:Beneficial (GB) (13.7f)
Dam:Bridge Hotel Katie (IRE)
Dam's Sire:Glacial Storm (USA) (13f)
Breeder:James Treacy

By all accounts the plan is now to go to Cheltenham for the pertemps final (if the ground is suitable) and although this is a devilishly difficult race to win , particularly from on the front end , the roof will come off were he to win,  as he is a true Irish rags to riches kind of horse and i would imagine he will come in for some colossal support on race day if the circumstances allow him to take part.

Personally i am not concerned about what weight rise he gets as he improves 10lb plus from each run,  of more importance will be what ground he encounters and i can always save on the JP hold up horse that gets punted on the day !!!

If he stays sound his progress through the future seasons he going to be very interesting as he has only raced 12 times and at 8 years of age he can keep moving forward for a while at least.
Pause Switch to Standard View Treacysenniscorthy ( Pertemps Final )...
Show More
Report nocturnal February 6, 2020 1:05 AM GMT
Lovely horse,in the form of his life.

Still looks feasibly treated on his Irish mark,just how much "travel tax" will he get ?

Not always the worst place to be,in big field handicaps.

I like his attitude,very interesting if he does get the nod.

Buena Vista springs to mind,he won his first off 143.

GL
Report cloone river February 6, 2020 8:49 PM GMT
Good horse.If he was mine I would aim him at the kerry national.
Report John.W.Henry. February 9, 2020 11:42 AM GMT
Irish Handicapper shoved him up another 10lb for a new hurdle rating of 138. That would gtee him a run in the pertemps final.

His chase mark is currently 119 and i would suggest that any handicap where he was able to get in of that mark he would probably win by a furlong given a safe trip around.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! February 9, 2020 1:23 PM GMT
Not going to the festive

Wink
Report cloone river February 9, 2020 6:13 PM GMT
He’s come out of the race very well, but we’ve made the decision not to go to Cheltenham and we’ll go to Navan instead for a novice handicap chase and then hopefully for another one at Punchestown,” said Widger, who won the Tingle Creek on Flagship Uberalles.

“His chase mark is lower, but it’s more because he had trouble with a knee a few years ago. Because he’s in such good nick now, I want to look after him.

“Cheltenham is brilliant, but there’s great prize money in Ireland. You can go to Cheltenham, just get beat and finish sixth.

“The Navan race is worth 65,000 euros and there’s a novice handicap chase at Punchestown worth 105,000 euros, which is on a par, if not better than some races at Cheltenham.

“For such a big horse, the best he’s travelled all year was probably on the quickest ground he’s raced on when he won his beginners’ chase at Listowel. He’s a big, top-heavy horse so you’d think soft side of good is as quick as he’d want it.

“If he doesn’t get his ground at Punchestown, there are races like the Troytown and the Paddy Power at Leopardstown we can look at with him. It’s not beyond the realms he’d have a chance in races like that.

“Kevin (Brouder) said to me the other day he didn’t think he’d set much of a gallop, yet I saw Davy Russell who thought they’d gone quick, because of his stride you don’t realise how quick you are going.”
Report John.W.Henry. February 10, 2020 9:11 AM GMT
I think that is the correct decision. I firmly believe he will be a far better chaser than he is hurdler as well so off the mark he has got it has to be exploited all the time he is in good health. His career as chaser is going to be monitored closely by me as i just have this suspicion that he could be really good.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 19, 2020 2:00 PM GMT
After Trace-ey's Hotel in Ennis-cort-hee Wink
Report John.W.Henry. March 14, 2020 10:19 AM GMT
Considering how well ronald pump ran in the stayers and looking at the subsequent result of the pertemps final i think he would have had to have gone close to winning that race ??

Anyway his new career as a chaser is underway again today when he runs at Naven in the 405. I hope he is as good as i think he might be,
Report John.W.Henry. March 15, 2020 9:59 AM GMT
Irish Stallion Farms EBF Novice Handicap Chase Final (Grade B)
3m, €38,350
Going: Heavy
1st.9. Jimmil
10/1

2nd.10. Treacysenniscorthy
4/5F

3rd.4. Minella Till Dawn
16/1
10 ran NR: Pont Aven (lame) Distances: 5½l, 9l, hd Time: 6m 52.40s (slow by 1m 5.40s) Total SP: 121%
Winning jockey: Conor Maxwell
Winning trainer: Gavin Cromwell

Ran with credit and jumped really well apart from a couple of very minor errors, however,  he was completely rolled over by the Cromwell horse who looked a real natural. Ground was extremely testing and perhaps Tracies didnt quite last home ??

There will be others days although on first inspection i was disappointed he couldn't win although the winner could just be quite good. Time will tell.
Report cloone river March 16, 2020 11:34 PM GMT
Dont give up on him John.He win more races.
Report John.W.Henry. March 17, 2020 10:50 AM GMT
No i wont give up on him at all. He ran with credit but i think i convinced myself he was better than he showed, I hope he shows that to be the case in the future although i have to say the winner may also be one to follow given similar circumstances
Report John.W.Henry. March 17, 2020 10:54 AM GMT
I now have this nagging suspicion that the ground was his undoing ???

It was desperate and perhaps it was just too deep ???

I couldnt find any evidence where he had encountered such a terrain b4.

I hope i am not just looking 4 excuses ??
Report cloone river September 25, 2020 8:37 AM BST
Hes running today John.Should have a great chance.
Report Fabulous September 25, 2020 11:56 AM BST
Agree Cloone, good chance today.

John, followed the thread last year, and agree he’s a horse to follow this year.
Report nocturnal January 2, 2021 6:04 PM GMT
Hope you kept the faith John / Cloone .... Did that really well,apart from the last Wink
Report cloone river January 5, 2021 11:36 PM GMT
Kept the faith alright have to be a forgiven person in this game.Good horse.
Report The Dragon February 5, 2021 7:05 PM GMT
running at leapardstown on sunday 16.10 handicap chase 2.5f

8/1 im on
Report The_LUFCwaffe February 5, 2021 8:37 PM GMT
Are there any more qualifying races in Ireland?
Report John.W.Henry. February 7, 2021 10:47 AM GMT
I cannot see any excuses pre race today.

This is his time to shine.
Report Facts February 15, 2021 9:52 AM GMT
Observation post race ?
Report nocturnal February 15, 2021 10:22 PM GMT
Some with lightened loads have suggested adding a "P" after the middle "S" Wink
Report The Dragon February 16, 2021 8:04 PM GMT
poor run for whatever reason
Report The Dragon March 11, 2021 6:41 PM GMT
any updates?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.