Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hibore
15 Jan 20 19:44
| Topic/replies: 2,741 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
A competitive affair on first look with 17 declared. In reality I think this race will have a number of non runners with perhaps 10 going to post. For the Sherlock Holmes out there there is a horse available at double odds that is definitely running, will love the ground and hasn’t stayed the trip last twice when looking the winner and now dropping 3 furlongs back. One horse who beat him narrowly is now rated 28lbs higher now and another expected to be 17lbs after Saturdays win. I think he’ll be nearer 5/1 on the day as his low weight and massive potential will surely make him a popular selection.
Pause Switch to Standard View Bet365 Chase Saturday Ascot
Show More
Report nocturnal January 15, 2020 9:07 PM GMT
The horse thats risen 7lb on his last two runs,without winning ?

He,s 1/1 when making a southern raid.

Just the 13 runs for his age suggests he,s had problems,or is a late developer.

I would agree there is a degree of potential,have the cheekpieces made the difference.

Just the one run right handed from 13 rules races,that would be my biggest concern.

GL
Report Hibore January 15, 2020 9:20 PM GMT
That’s the one Cool

I don’t think the right handed is anything to worry about. Aren’t most courses left handed up there !
I’ll explain more Friday why I’m posting. I’m just pointing out at this stage.
Report nocturnal January 15, 2020 9:53 PM GMT
Good question......Carlisle / Market Rasen/Perth spring to mind,sure there must be more.

At the moment looks like a proper handicap,and the usual puzzle.

Need those final decs as you say.

There is one in there I have been waitng for,but only with a certain pilot.

If its a manageable number come friday,be a good one to pull apart.
Report Hibore January 15, 2020 10:11 PM GMT
I’m hoping Kidisart or Happy run. I think this would be my strongest EW bet for a long time.
Report Hibore January 16, 2020 5:45 PM GMT
Jack (7) Happy
Report Hibore January 17, 2020 12:05 AM GMT
8 and 7 now and should go lower.
Report Hibore January 17, 2020 1:38 PM GMT
So the horse is Sams Adventure and I’m going with a friend to represent this horse tomorrow. Very much fancied to run well and with Jack Tudor taking another 7lbs off I personally think he’ll be in the shakeup getting two stone off the top weight in that testing ground.
Report paulo47 January 17, 2020 5:54 PM GMT
Nice post , but prefer the one with 3 rt hand wins and a wind op.
Report Hibore January 17, 2020 8:16 PM GMT
Good luck with your selection. It looks like our two are the ones for money.
I’m hoping we get to speak to Ed Chamberlain after the race Cool
Report FELTFAIR January 17, 2020 9:38 PM GMT
Backed Kayf Adventure each way(4 places).
Report dunlaying January 17, 2020 10:00 PM GMT
I have risked a little on Aintree My Dream .
Report nocturnal January 18, 2020 7:43 AM GMT
Sams Adventure comes here on the back of two fine runs.

Classic example of a horse penalised,and connections,for running on merit without actually winning,something that needs looking at long term if we do want to encourage more competitive racing.

I would imagine Hibore is up with the larks this morning,rightly so,tremendous day ahead for you and all those involved with the horse,I hope he does you proud.If he,s there coming round the final turn,I will  certainly be giving him a cheer on,very best of luck and enjoy the day.

Kayf Adventure was the horse I have been waiting for,lowest mark for two seasons,gets his ground,and has no problem with right handed tracks.This looks very competitive today,quite which horse turns up is guesswork,unlike the entire racing media,I find todays rider virtually unbackable over the bigger obstacles.
On a going day,must have a squeak.

Happy Diva is in the form of her life,she also might arguably be better this way round.Intrigued to see how she gets on,such an accurate jumper,this might be a step too far following two tough races.

Two very progressive types from the Williams / Curran yard,both look to be on steep upward curves,whether the handicapper has got to them is the question.

This should be a cracker,tying in some decent form-lines we have seen so far.
Report unclepuncle January 18, 2020 3:07 PM GMT
Well that went well.LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughCrazyCrazy
Report Hibore January 19, 2020 8:48 AM GMT
Unfortunately Sams broke a blood vessel as they hit the back straight and couldn’t breathe. When he came back into the paddock there was still lots of blood which was worrying. Apparently it’s not a good sign and once you bleed it’s very likely it will happen again.

Apart from that it was a great day as Ascot really know how to treat owners with superb food and drink which we had plenty of Cool
Hopefully I’ll be back soon with the two horses I own with Pipe and Henderson.
Report muse January 20, 2020 10:53 PM GMT
That is bad news Hibore, and I do avoid backing horses that have bled before. But (my) bitter experience says that this is by no means always the end of the road, and many just do it once and win subsequently, so fingers crossed for Sams.
Report TINnotaTON January 22, 2020 3:30 PM GMT
Unlucky hibore, having got such a good price and with the price he ended up following decs, non runners etc, must have been disappointing, but a good day there nonetheless.
Hope the horse recovers ok
Report unclepuncle March 14, 2020 2:56 PM GMT
Good things come to those who wait.Cool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com