Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 157 comments are related to the topic:
HKIR Dec 2019

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 157
By:
HKAccie
When: 07 Jan 20 21:53
Yes, watched with interest as Altior drifted this morning, we weren’t confirmed to definitely to run as he was going to have an entry for Ascot the week after for the handicap race but this now could be his best chance at a graded race and it still could be a 4 runner race.

I think KR will get further than 2.5miles, anyway fingers crossed for Saturday, very exciting, we’ve got an extra 2lb from Top Notch and he’d had an extra run so we will be fitter, is Frodon as good as last season, is he on the decline?
By:
HKAccie
When: 08 Jan 20 13:37
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/horseracing/10697001/kauto-riko-kempton-saturday-altior/
By:
bobbyjo
When: 08 Jan 20 18:50
Gold Cup entry HKA ?
By:
HKAccie
When: 08 Jan 20 21:42
We can all dream Bobby....he’ll have a RA one too, it’s just in case he surprises us again - which we think he can.

Thinking was it’s not that expensive to enter and if he does improve again from his first run we think he’ll get further than 2.5miles, he’s definitely improved again this year and as he’s rated 149 now running in handicaps means he’ll be giving weight, so we’ll have some fun. We’re very lucky as horses like him don’t come around all the time for normal people!
By:
bobbyjo
When: 09 Jan 20 10:26
Great stuff - living the dream !
Good luck
By:
MrDinos
When: 09 Jan 20 19:42
Cannot wait to see how Riko gets on Saturday. Thanks for link HK, Tom seems confident of a big run... if he jumps and travels like he did last time he should be bang there at the finish. I just wish it was still December! Grin Cool

All the best HK... and the Tom Gretton team.
By:
HKAccie
When: 11 Jan 20 06:37
Cheers Mr D - I’m just hoping he runs well so I can get over in March!
By:
MrDinos
When: 11 Jan 20 08:14
AtTheRaces Predictor has Riko the clear winner... hopefully this prediction comes true! Wink
By:
MrDinos
When: 11 Jan 20 14:21
Riko jumped well again and came back safe... that's the main thing. No disgrace giving it a go today.
By:
HKAccie
When: 13 Jan 20 13:39
He did jump very well again, as he always does. Just seemed to me that he was jumping to stay in the race and not jumping to take him into the race - if that makes sense?

Think he’ll have a break and then go back to handicap over further, I think he could do very well in those races on soft ground as he’s a very sound jumper and looks like he should get further.

No disappointment for Saturday, he’s proved he can mix it at that level (but maybe only in December
By:
HKAccie
When: 18 Jan 20 09:14
Tomorrow’s G1 sprint I’m having DB Pin ew. Think he’s the value at the current prices, think BTC will be hard to beat again but DB Pin wax2nd up after another injury from a bad draw in the Dec sprint so I’m hoping he can make up the 2l he needs to find
By:
MrDinos
When: 18 Jan 20 12:32
I will be just watching tomorrow HK, only 7 runners for the two G1 races and I don't want to go against BTC. The Stewards' Cup looks trappy but Waikuku surprised me in the HK Mile, if he puts in the same performance he should win... I suppose a Magic Man double is the easy option if I had to have a bet?!

Do you have anything for Race 9 (6f Class 2 Handicap)?
By:
HKAccie
When: 18 Jan 20 14:27
You’ve probably picked the hardest race on the card there Mr D!!

Think you’d need to see how the track is riding, if it’s suiting on pace/front runners then the fav looks good off the weight he carries vs the horse that beat him last run, though that one should improve as he’s only had 2 runs in HK.

I’ll take a chance on the Teetan ride at the prices though, but he’s a hold up horse (so far) and you’d need to see if the track is suiting that type of horse.
By:
HKAccie
When: 18 Jan 20 14:35
My bet tomorrow is the 4 in R4 (not a lucky bet in Cantonese)! Hoping with the better draw he’ll go very very close and is still around 9-2.
By:
HKAccie
When: 18 Jan 20 14:40
Each way bet at around 10-1 is the 3 in R8....I like the 10lb claimer when they’re on a front runner with a low draw.
By:
MrDinos
When: 18 Jan 20 15:14
Yep, I sure know how to pick them HK... I like a challenge but all these handicaps look super difficult. If the pace was guaranteed to be strong the one I like at an EW price is Raging Storm but he still might need to come down weights a bit more. The shorter price runners all look like they have a decent chance of going close. I will take your advice and see how the track is riding... and what the pices are like tomorrow before having a bet!Tongue Out
By:
HKAccie
When: 18 Jan 20 22:52
You’re spot on with your selection Mr D and I have him 3rd pick but JM not riding put me off picking him
Ew.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 18 Jan 20 23:23
Pity the big races are both seven runner affairs but for an interest I’ve done a Furore / Hot King Prawn each way double.
By:
HKAccie
When: 19 Jan 20 06:04
The 4 in R4 was very disappointing, didn’t progress from first run and ran very green.

Good luck uncle - I’m going to have to hope that the 3 wins R8 now to make it a profitable day! DB Pin in the sprint is a bit speculative so not a big financial interest.
By:
MrDinos
When: 19 Jan 20 07:05
Magic Man was superb on Waikuku, looked like he always had Beauty Gen covered and he won a shade cosy at the finish. That race shows how strong the Japanese milers are from the HK Mile... Dubai Turf will be going to Japan again this year IMO, they should have a strong line up in Dubai.

I thought Furore would have run better than that Unc, he was a shade unlucky in the HK Cup... looks like a mile is too short for him. It was my doubt for him today!

Raging Storm is a shorter price than I thought he would be, hopefully he will drift before the off?! If he does I will have a dabble.
By:
HKAccie
When: 19 Jan 20 07:27
Never in doubt
By:
MrDinos
When: 19 Jan 20 07:29
What a sprinter, what a horse... didn't come out the gates great but he still got the job done with a turbo charged finish. Another great ride by the Magic Man.
By:
MrDinos
When: 19 Jan 20 08:06
Nice winner HK. Cool
By:
HKAccie
When: 19 Jan 20 08:10
Just held on....pity about the price, was $9.9 last night and went off $6.7
By:
MrDinos
When: 19 Jan 20 08:21
Yep, that's a sh!tter when that happens... Hong Kong betting?!
By:
HKAccie
When: 19 Jan 20 08:36
By:
HKAccie
When: 19 Jan 20 08:37
The 11 just got up, was cursing Teetan
By:
MrDinos
When: 19 Jan 20 08:38
Another HK, bang on with that one. The light weights had it between them at the finish. Raging Storm not great and no excuses.
By:
HKAccie
When: 19 Jan 20 08:46
I’m thanking you for that one Mr D I wouldn’t have touched the race if you hadn’t asked me for my opinion!
By:
MrDinos
When: 19 Jan 20 09:02
I'm glad it worked out for you!! Laugh Wink
By:
HKAccie
When: 21 Feb 20 23:49
Tomorrow is the 2nd race in the 4yo series....I’m expecting a much better run from my Derby bet which is Enjoying (20-1 with B365). The front 2 are obviously decent animals but if you watch Enjoying’s last 2 runs he’s been a bit unlucky from bad draws. I’m hoping he runs a place tomorrow which will set him up nicely for March.
By:
MrDinos
When: 22 Feb 20 09:45
Doesn't seem much pace in the race tomorrow HK and the fancied ones seem better held up, which could be tricky for them. I've been a Butterfield backer in his last two races and going to stick with him for the Derby if he runs!? The one I like in the Classic Cup is Private Secretary, he beat Butterfield first time up at Happy Valley and then ran a poor race dropped back in trip at Sha Tin... didn't settle! Butterfield ran in that race as well and ran OK but stepped up in trip next time he ran much better and won. I get the feeling Private Secretary will run much better this time going back up in trip again as well, he was a 12f winner for John Gosden. Gets the same barrier as he did at Happy Valley which could help him get a nice run up the rail if there is no pace.

I can see why you are sticking with Enjoying HK, especially with Bowman on. The pace of the race is going to make it or break it for a few of these!

How is Riko doing and any plans for his next race?
By:
MrDinos
When: 22 Feb 20 10:00
Oops, PS was an 11f winner for Gosden! Tongue Out
By:
HKAccie
When: 24 Feb 20 19:23
The pace wasn’t too bad in the end and I was quite pleased with the way Enjoying finished off, could be a decent lot of 4yos this season.

KR is in 2 handicaps at Cheltenham, he may get entries for this weekend at Newbury and Kelso(?) though.
By:
HKAccie
When: 28 Feb 20 10:25
Running at Kelso tomorrow only 5 declared so worth a go - he’s in good form and has had a decent break.
By:
MrDinos
When: 29 Feb 20 09:55
Intrigued to see how Riko gets on stepping up in trip... his jumping should give him a good chance. All the best HK!
By:
MrDinos
When: 29 Feb 20 15:48
He jumped surperbly again, shame the last two fences were omitted... that didn't help Riko at all!!
By:
HKAccie
When: 29 Feb 20 16:11
Absolutely, think he would have finished closer with the other fences in. Off to aintree now....
By:
MrDinos
When: 29 Feb 20 16:22
Yep, agree HK. Worth another crack at 3m on better ground... tough conditions today!
By:
HKAccie
When: 01 Mar 20 07:18
It might be back to 2m 5f at aintree Mr D......
Page 3 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com