Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
HKAccie
09 Nov 19 23:28
| Topic/replies: 882 | Blogger: HKAccie's blog
Hello friends....Only 4 weeks to go now, got 3 G2 trial races next week and we’ve had some trials in Oz. The big news last week was that Almond Eye is heading our way, wonder if she’ll face Magic Wand.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 157
By:
RozelKid
When: 12 Nov 19 10:46
Hello Accie,

hope you're well.
By:
HKAccie
When: 12 Nov 19 22:40
All good Roz, been in and out of HK with work and holidays for the past few months but back now and looking forward to my favourite day of the year....unless the protesters escalate matters!

The sprint race on Sunday looks and absolute belter, my long term pick for the Sprint in Dec is Beat The Clock so I’m looking for a decent run on Sunday but there are so many dangers - I’m a huge fan of Regency Legend so want to see how he copes stepping up again. The missing HK horse is Rattan who is also going to be a massive danger on the day.

Will give some news on KR soon as he has a very big first race target at the Cheltenham Dec meeting....he does go well fresh too!
By:
HKAccie
When: 12 Nov 19 22:46
Posted before I finished.....

My pick for the race on Sunday is Little Giant ew

Hope everyone is in rude health and looking forward to the usual good discussions about the forthcoming races.
By:
WhiteHatJon
When: 13 Nov 19 08:58
Good morning HKAccie,

Bit of advice please squire if you would be so kind.

I'm in HK for a few days shortly and was hoping to get to Sha Tin (Already done HV), but I have to say getting around the city seems to be problematic to say the least.

I'm thinking of staying in the Norh of Kowloon or possibly near the Airport and getting a taxi to do a big loop in order to get to Sha Tin. Can't justify taking my wife on the MTR at present and I don't really want to be stuck on HK Island, even though it is my favourite part of the city.

I would be keen to hear your advice ? Thank you.
By:
HKAccie
When: 13 Nov 19 14:08
Mr Hat - it’s very tricky at the moment, this week has seen a huge escalation in the situation. Sha Tin is one of The flashpoints, not the racetrack itself but the town area.

You’d definitely be better off taking a taxi at the moment, from anywhere you stay. As to location, near the airport is probably safest currently and that would be my advice especially as you’re not travelling solo. If travelling solo and you’re like me I’d not be worried about it but one needs to take care of others.

I’m just hoping they don’t affect intl day itself
By:
MrDinos
When: 13 Nov 19 20:25
Howdy lads,

Cannot believe it's only a few weeks until the next HKIR, hopefully it will all settle down in HK and the racing will go ahead but it doesn't look good!

Yep, that sprint race on Sunday looks tasty HK and I'm with you regarding Beat The Clock, he's become my favourite HK horse over the last couple of years and he will more than likely be my HK Sprint bet... just like last year. Cry

I was looking at the HKIR races/betting a couple of weeks ago and really struggling to find any value in the market. The past few days though it has become clearer which Japanese runners are going to make the trip and there are a couple at EW prices I've got my eye on. I know Beauty Gen is going to be very difficult to beat in the Mile but Normcore is a filly I really like and rate, dropping her back to a mile has done the trick. She won the Victoria Mile G1 at Tokyo like a very good filly and had a lovely prep again at Tokyo a few weeks ago, winning snuggly. The form of the Victoria Mile couldn't have worked out much better either. 14-1 EW will do for me but I've got a feeling she will be bigger on the day. The HK sprinters on home turf are always tough nuts to crack but Danon Smash is interesting at 16-1 and the fact he's by Lord Kanaloa makes him even more interesting. He's another one who has dropped back in trip this year and was a tad unlucky in the Sprinter Stakes, staying on strongly at the finish.

Almond Eye will win the Cup, so a no bet race for me if she turns up with no issues.

The HK Vase could be one of the best races now... all the other Japanese girls are going for that and giving the HK Cup a swerve. I wonder why?! Lots to think about, changed my mind a few times already.

Cannot wait to see Riko back in action HK. Still got the feeling a flat track is what he wants but as long as there is Soft/Heavy ground I will be a backer. December is his favorite month as well! Cool

Stay safe HK.
By:
WhiteHatJon
When: 14 Nov 19 10:22
Thank you for the heads up HKAccie.

It looks like I'll be there the week before the big meeting which is a shame, but hey ho.

I'll be booking the Marriott Hotel at the Airport for a base and then if I can get a taxi to get me to Sha Tin via highway 8 & 9 then it will be racing on the Sunday, if not, the wife wants to go to Disneyland for the day.

Be lucky HK, but above all stay safe ?
By:
HKAccie
When: 14 Nov 19 20:50
Bit of a difference! There are a couple of ways to get to ST from the airport so you should be ok.

If you want a decent day out I’d recommend the Haymarket restaurant as a venue to base for the day think it costs around HK$ 375 for a normal Raceday.

https://entertainment.hkjc.com/entertainment/english/go-racing/sha-tin-racecourse/hay-market.aspx#collapseTwo

Either that or go in the public area and it’ll cost you HK$ 10 entry, it’s quite a difference to HV as that is a more “expat” crowd whereas ST is quite local.
By:
HKAccie
When: 14 Nov 19 21:03
Didn’t finish - that HK$ 375 includes a buffet lunch (very decent food) and you have a decent access to the racing with a private area outside to watch the races from - it is around the 1f marker though, it’s also not too far from the parade ring.
By:
WhiteHatJon
When: 15 Nov 19 10:24
The Haymarket at $375 sounds like a steal to me HK ?

Are there any similar restaurants nearer the winning line ? I guess they will cost a bit more but I do like being near the winning line at flat meetings, wherever possible.

My wife is getting pretty twitchy about going to Sha Tin to be honest, but not knowing when I will get back there I really want to go unless there is a real risk of problems.

If you get to see the card for the 1st December, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Many thanks for your help HK.
By:
HKAccie
When: 15 Nov 19 11:07
The entries for Dec 1st will be on hkjc around 6 days in advance.

https://racing.hkjc.com/racing/Info/meeting/Entries/english/Local/

I obviously can’t promise anything but I think it’ll be fine at the races, the October 1st meeting went ahead perfectly fine and that was National Day.

I’m not aware of any other restaurants that aren’t member ones nearer to the winning post, but there are giant screens opposite you anyway.
By:
HKAccie
When: 15 Nov 19 13:56
Im going to go for Southern Legend to follow up on his last win in the G2 2000m race on Sunday, think he just holds Exultant on their last run getting 5lb, though SL had already had a race prior to that and Exultant hadn’t but I still think the 5lb will tell.
By:
HKAccie
When: 16 Nov 19 04:57
I see Aethero is favourite for the Sprint in Dec with most UK bookies, he has to win or get go close tomorrow to get in the race for Dec as he's only rated 102 in HK so he needs a hike up the ratings.
By:
MrDinos
When: 16 Nov 19 10:08
Had a good look at the Jockey Club Sprint tomorrow and I like your EW pick Little Giant. Draw is a slight concern but hopefully get a nice double figure price!

Backed Normcore 15-1 EW (Lemaire) and Danon Smash 18-1 EW (Dettori) for the mile and sprint respectively after jockey bookings announced. Prices will probably be bigger on the day but couldn't help myself. Laugh
By:
HKAccie
When: 16 Nov 19 15:43
Mr D - I’ll take your pocket money off you for that! Non-HK horse that aren’t favourite will always be bigger on the day, especially in the sprint at the moment!

Main bet tomorrow War Room R5 win & place
R1 is interesting, had a little wp on Triple Triple....very unlucky first up. Also going to watch how Might Giant goes, he’s 60-1 but has shown some promise in trials.
By:
MrDinos
When: 16 Nov 19 16:41
Pocket money stopped a long, long time ago for me HK... I have nothing to give! Tongue OutLaugh

I will just go in again on the day... no problem, that's how I've played it in the past. UK bookies are always all over the shop on HKIR day, laughable.
By:
HKAccie
When: 17 Nov 19 07:02
Well well, we have a betting race now for the Mile!!
By:
MrDinos
When: 17 Nov 19 07:34
Thought we would! Laugh

Being serious, it was a prep race but Beauty Gen is not in the same form as last year... or early this year. I don't really rate the rest of the Hong Kong milers and with Indy Champ winning the Championship Mile at Kyoto earlier the form line with Normcore is working out even better.

Backed Little Giant at 25-1 EW 4 places SBet. That is too big?!
By:
MrDinos
When: 17 Nov 19 08:02
Impressive winner... Little Giant not.
By:
HKAccie
When: 17 Nov 19 08:14
Aethero - wow.....
By:
HKAccie
When: 17 Nov 19 08:22
Aethero will carry 117 in the sprint against 126 so BTC and Mr S will be 6lb better off with him the others only 1lb....even excusing first up runs after a long layoff you'd think it's a big ask.
By:
HKAccie
When: 17 Nov 19 08:31
Nominations will be announced this Wednesday
By:
HKAccie
When: 17 Nov 19 08:51
Mr D - watched the race again, BTC was well back in 10th which is unusual for him, he closed off well too so i think we'll see a huge improvement come the big day and Aethero could well set it up for him.
By:
MrDinos
When: 17 Nov 19 10:56
Yep, agree HK. It was a nice prep for Beat The Clock, he's so consistent, you know he will be bang there in a few weeks time. I will be adding him alongside my Danon Smash bet. Aethero needs to back that up over 6F but he was very impressive, hopefully he won't get an easy lead... if he does he will be very hard to beat.
By:
HKAccie
When: 18 Nov 19 00:35
BTC is 7-1 best price, as an ew bet that’s a great price. Is there anything you can see that will trouble Exultant? At the moment it’s looking like Almond Eye and Exultant are the bankers
By:
MrDinos
When: 18 Nov 19 08:44
I will probably take on Exultant, just because there will be extra EW value elsewhere in the race. He will be a tough nut to crack and the form from last year's Vase has worked out very well. There will be plenty of Japanese runners against him by the look of it. You Can Smile might be added to the betting soon, which I find a very odd move. I think the fillies from the QE Cup might be the ones to concentrate on. Japanese Oaks form will be on show in the Japan bloody Cup... probably!?
By:
HKAccie
When: 18 Nov 19 08:47
We’ll have a better idea on Wednesday.
By:
HKAccie
When: 20 Nov 19 09:37
Wow - Magical v Almond Eye
By:
HKAccie
When: 20 Nov 19 09:44
https://racingnews.hkjc.com/english/2019/11/20/2019-longines-hong-kong-international-races-selected-runners-as-at-20-11-2019/?b_cid=EWRNRNE
By:
MrDinos
When: 20 Nov 19 12:53
Magical a big surprise... this looks like being the best HKIR ever, all races full of quality! ExcitedCool

BTC now 8-1 with Laddies... get a price boost as well. Wink
By:
HKAccie
When: 20 Nov 19 14:50
It’s the best cup field I’ve seen, let’s hope they all turn up. Plenty of G1 winners in all the races, wonder if this could be the season where HKIR takes off again, it has plateaued a little bit this could raise the status a bit more.

That’s a great price for BTC especially as he’s never finished outside the first 3
By:
HKAccie
When: 20 Nov 19 20:21
Derby winner Anthony Van Dyck will spearhead Aidan O'Brien's team for next month's Hong Kong international meeting, with the three-year-old bidding to end his season on a high note after a luckless run in the Breeders' Cup Turf.

Magical, who O'Brien stated would be retired when she was ruled out of the Breeders' Cup Turf after running a slight temperature, was also flagged as a possible runner when her name appeared as having been selected for the Longines Hong Kong Cup in a Hong Kong Jockey Club press bulletin on Tuesday.

However, the Racing Post understands there has been no change of plan for the four-time Group 1 winner and that her racing career is over, with a covering date with No Nay Never top of her agenda.
By:
MrDinos
When: 21 Nov 19 20:58
Added BTC at 17-2 EW (small price boost) for the Sprint.

Had a good look at the Vase and the price of Loves Only You with SlyBet was too big for me to resist, added her at 16-1 EW. Her last run in the QE Cup (3rd) was her first run since May and she was on the podgy side (472kg +16) compared to when she won the Japan Oaks... I get the feeling she will come on for that run. She's a strong stayer, gets a low weight (3yr old filly) and has good tactical speed from what I've seen. The slight negative is the 3yr olds don't have an amazing record in the Vase, 3 winners... but two of those were fillies.
By:
HKAccie
When: 22 Nov 19 14:02
I was looking at the Vase too and while I think Exultant will won the value is in the 2 horses from the Japan QE2 cup as I think they’ll be big prices on the day, not too sure yet which one I’d back though.

Racing this weekend is Saturday at ST, race 7 is the feature but it’s quite trappy so I’m having my only bet in R9 on Guy Dragon ew, he’s around $7 currently, think it’s him or the fav to win it and he’s better value currently.

Hopefully have some KR news next week
By:
MrDinos
When: 23 Nov 19 09:27
Regarding the QE Cup HK, there was no pace in the race, Crocosmia set very slow fractions from the front and it nearly worked out perfectly for her. The sprint finish played to Lucky Lilac's strengths more than it did Loves Only You IMO, even though LOY had a better position than LL all the way around. The extra furlong is a slight worry for me with LL... but her last 3f time was super slick and impressive, if the price is right I will more than likely add LL EW... one for a slow run race and the other for a strong pace. Wink

December means KR time. Cool
By:
MrDinos
When: 24 Nov 19 07:20
Some weird **** going on with my phone!!!
By:
HKAccie
When: 24 Nov 19 10:35
What do you think of AVD"s chances? I keep getting drawn back towards him considering the allowance he'll get as a 3yo and his last 2 runs, providing they are actually going to send him after the farce with Magical and CM

Entries close Tuesday for KR's next run.....hopefully at Cheltenham in Dec.
By:
MrDinos
When: 24 Nov 19 11:43
If you like the form of the Irish Champion Stakes he would have to be a bet. The Breeders Cup Turf run was OK and he was a tad unlucky but apart from Bricks and Mortar the rest of the Yanks in that race are pretty mediocre. The main worry for me is the amount of tough races he's had since May and the travel to and from California... but then you look at Magic Wand and see how much racing and travelling she's had since March. Anything is possible when A P O'Brien is the trainer?! Not for me but I can understand why you would back him.

I've had to back Lucky Lilac EW now (price boost with WHill), only B365 have reacted to Loves Only You not running... UK bookie's are a joke.
By:
MrDinos
When: 25 Nov 19 10:55
Loves Only You definitely out... removed from quarantine, not recovered from QE Cup run.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com