Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
05 Jun 19 07:42
| Topic/replies: 24,192 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
just a tentative interest so far in khadaam at around 20s on here  just after his latest win , a fair bit to find but progressive and who knows how good he could be ,ten soveriens  back at a more suitable trip and calyx  hello youmzain lady kaya all possibles and a fair few dropping back in trip from both guineas .should be a cracker ! any early views .
Pause Switch to Standard View commonwealth cup
Show More
Report Andrew.in.Sweden June 5, 2019 4:27 PM BST
Foyleswar,

I think you know i'm a massive fan of Ten Sovereigns, i posted 5/1 was far too big for this race several weeks back (on my lay thread). No point in me selecting anything else Happy

Good luck.
Report FOYLESWAR June 5, 2019 5:58 PM BST
andrew i remember discussing this race for ten sovs with you ! turns out i have had a score on it at 5.7 ish ,dont recall clicking it but must have somewhere along the line .
Report FOYLESWAR June 5, 2019 6:01 PM BST
did ya back it at 5s andrew ? the defeat of calyx obviously caused it to shorten .
Report FOYLESWAR June 5, 2019 8:50 PM BST
seems i had a score on ten sovs at 5.7  ish on here ,dont recall doing it but its there GrinHappy so khadeem and ten sovs at 20s and 5.7 ish so far .
Report Lance in France June 6, 2019 10:37 AM BST
Calyx out with a leg injury
Report blackbarn June 7, 2019 2:10 PM BST
I like Khaadem too; Its a pity he had that setback prior to the Middle Park but his comeback was good and he will be representing Calyx's form at 2.  Only problem is that Hamdan may have a better one in Jash who I think might beat Ten Sovereigns this time round. Hills thinks a little cut might suit Khaadem, so that would be my choice if it come up that way on the day. I think both will run.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden June 7, 2019 8:27 PM BST
Foyleswar,

did ya back it at 5s andrew ? the defeat of calyx obviously caused it to shorten.

No i didn't, i still don't have my new Svenska account in place and the .de site (that i'm using to post on here) doesn't have any UK horse racing markets anyway. I can always contact my brother in UK to place a bet on my behalf (and have done in the past) but like most if us, i never expected Calyx to get beaten a couple of weeks ago, so i didn't call him.

I may take a 3 day weekend and come over if TS runs, but in any event, i will be backing him.
Report FOYLESWAR June 7, 2019 8:57 PM BST
good luck andrew ,looking forward to royal ascot ,be on us in no time , memo to my self avoid the handicaps !
Report impossible123 June 7, 2019 10:44 PM BST
I think Ten Sovereigns (TS) is very short given he only beat Jash (J) about 1/2 a length, and J is 4x bigger in price; Hermosa in the Coronation Stakes represents better value than TS to me.
Report Lance in France June 11, 2019 3:44 PM BST
Lady Kaya fractured a leg and had to be put down. Very sad. RIP
Report Middle_Of_March June 11, 2019 7:57 PM BST
Ten Sovereigns is a lay for me

Terrible price
Report Figgis June 21, 2019 2:44 PM BST
The chance for Ten Sovereigns to prove he was in fact the best horse in the Guineas, albeit not the best miler Wink. I don't think he's as fast as the same yard's Caravaggio a couple of years ago but he doesn't face the same class of opposition.
Report Figgis June 21, 2019 3:53 PM BST
Rubbish from TS. There are those who will say he was always overrated. I'd say he's gone backwards but I still wouldn't write him off completely, I still think he could come to hand for one of the big sprints ahead.
Report Lairy Mary June 21, 2019 4:14 PM BST
I think he’s a miler who was inconvenienced by loose ground and making his own running in the Guineas. Why did they hold him up today?
Report Howellsy June 21, 2019 4:17 PM BST
Very disappointing to see bot Middle Park protagonists underperform.
Report Figgis June 21, 2019 4:20 PM BST
Howellsy, not too surprised with Jash as thought he probably excelled himself in the race last year, comeback was uninspiring.
Report Howellsy June 21, 2019 4:28 PM BST
Big admirer of Crisford and thought he'd have the horse back to his peak over 6. But as you say, both required a leap of faith to an extent - albeit not as much as the winner.
Report Figgis June 21, 2019 4:35 PM BST
The obvious reaction is to say the Middle Park was no good, but on this occasion I'm unwilling to downgrade it, I still think it was solid form. TS could just be another fast 2yo gone backwards and continue to be a money spinner for the layers. He'll be a better price though next time and I'd be willing to give him another chance.
Report Charlton2005 June 21, 2019 6:19 PM BST
good call middle
Report unclepuncle June 21, 2019 9:57 PM BST
Never been keen on TS head carriage - had everything in his favour today against a poor lot but got stuffed.
I wouldn’t be giving him any more chances.
Report unclepuncle June 21, 2019 9:57 PM BST
Never been keen on TS head carriage - had everything in his favour today against a poor lot but got stuffed.
I wouldn’t be giving him any more chances.
Report Figgis June 21, 2019 10:07 PM BST
As has been pointed out elsewhere TS just didn't stride out the same today as last year. It was also pointed out on TV how poorly he was walking. Before the race O'Brien had only said the horse "seemed" well. Easy to say now but TS just didn't seem as well physically as before. Could possibly be just a minor niggle that will sort itself out in time or the sign of a more serious decline.
Report roadrunner46 July 15, 2019 1:39 PM BST
interesting comments on this thread
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com