Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 57 comments are related to the topic:
The Oaks...

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 57
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 31 May 19 07:06
maqsad is pricewised
By:
Addictedtowinning
When: 31 May 19 08:25
At the risk of looking ridiculous after the event and AOB having had the first 3 home I would like to point out that Mehdaayih did have to dig pretty deep when winning the mile maiden on good to firm at Yarmouth when beating Fanny Logan and Maqsad. Also there must be some doubt that Pink Dogwood will get the mile and a half in a top class race looking at the dam and the dam's sire. I will miss the race live as am off to work now but have stuck a bottle of Moet in the fridge to watch the tv coverage with when I get home as I am very hopeful that I will be celebrating. Good luck to all.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 31 May 19 15:12
have had to stick peach tree in with my other 2 at 42 on here would look a bigger mug than usual if i left him out and he won .
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 31 May 19 17:09
the only one who can beat O'Brien is gosden, it seems Tongue Out
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 31 May 19 18:09
thought fleeting ran well and possibly a bit unlucky made up a lot of ground and if was in a better posi at tattenham she may well have got much closer ,then again maybe she didnt have the pace to get into a better position early .
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 31 May 19 18:46
think the win of anapurna showed the importance of stamina in these classic races. her better heralded stablemate wasn't quite as well bred for the trip as anaapurna. neither was maqsad. pink dogwood struck for home and she stayed fairly well but got outstayed herself by the winner.

anapurna was also tipped up by the racing post pedigree expert in a youtube preview.

also a first English classic winner for frankel which got lost in all the commotion.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 31 May 19 18:48
by frankel out of a very good staying family on the female side, that's very strong influence for stamina. worth bearing in mind for future.
By:
Figgis
When: 31 May 19 19:14
I can see why Coolmore rated their filly, as she wasn't far behind being an average Oaks winner and she does look impressively powerful in her paces. Unfortunately for them she just wasn't quite as fast as an average Oaks winner. While there was some talk of Moore going too soon I thought the winner did it fair and square but this is still a few pounds below average form for an Oaks winner. Even though I think the result was fair on the day, going forward I would take PD to reverse the form with Apanura, as she looked the more natural athlete with easy speed. I'd say she's more likely to repeat the form next time than the winner. A stronger early pace would also suit her more.
By:
Figgis
When: 31 May 19 19:16
Anapurna even Laugh
By:
Figgis
When: 01 Jun 19 12:50
Coolmore obviously fancied their filly and from the O'Brien comments always believed she'd stay. O'Brien had said what a good mover she was and it was apparent she was a powerful traveller. So I'm left wondering why they didn't try to ensure a better early gallop with Peach Tree. The opportunity was there. There's no telling if it would've made any difference to the result on the day but it would've played to PD's strengths and made Moore's decision when to go for home a much easier one.
By:
jamesp
When: 07 Jun 19 23:22
Interesting conclusion from Timeform that the winner Anapurna recorded the lowest winning performance since 2000:
https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/features/sectionals/timefigure-review-investec-derby-festival-562019

"Friday’s race lacked the leading three-year-old filly Hermosa, and all those who did take part needed to improve to win an average Oaks, so it should come as no great surprise that this wasn’t an up-to-scratch renewal. Indeed, the winner Anapurna – a first classic winner in Europe for Frankel – recorded the lowest winning performance since 2000.

There is relatively little to say with respect to times and sectionals, which makes the laborious task of manually compiling sectionals frustrating, as the efforts don’t bear any immediate fruits.

The pedestrian pace resulted in a finishing speed of 110.8% (very close to par finishing speed), with the winner positioned more prominently as they entered the straight than the Ballydoyle pair of Pink Dogwood (four lengths in arrears) and Fleeting (roughly eight lengths down on the winner). Both fillies finished faster than par, but don’t warrant large enough sectional upgrades to suggest they were unlucky.

The resulting timefigure for Anapurna (104) is one of the slowest since 2000 – only Dancing Rain (74, 2011), Was (92, 2012) and Casual Look (102, 2003) have been slower."
By:
impossible123
When: 15 Jul 19 17:45
The Irish version is this saturday, and Star Catcher the winner of a weak Ribblesdale will be supplemented. Why, with stablemates like Annapurna and Mehdaayih? Surely either will be more potent against the clan of Coolmpre.
By:
impossible123
When: 16 Jul 19 23:22
The 4 key protagonists are Iridessa (9/4), the impressive winner of the Pretty Polly; Pink Dogwood (3/1); Star Catcher (9/2) and Fleeting (7/1) - the Ribblesdale winner and 2nd respectively.

If Iridessa stays the extra 2f she must have an excellent chance. On the other hand it's difficult to see Pink Dogwood winning given her defeat by Iridessa (if stays), and the expected firm ground; Fleeting could reversed placing with Star Catcher and Pink Dogwood, if ridden more judiciously, I think.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 17 Jul 19 10:01
Perhaps you should apply judiciousness to your posts Bungle.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 19 Jul 19 10:58
Backing Star Catcher each way. See no reason for Ascot form to be reversed especially if the forecast rain arrives.
By:
impossible123
When: 19 Jul 19 11:09
Could Moore have been sold a dummy (again)? His filly is the most exposed of the 3 main Irish protagonists, I believe.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 20 Jul 19 16:18
Only gone and done it again. The clock rarely lies.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 20 Jul 19 16:18
Only gone and done it again. The clock rarely lies.
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com