Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unclepuncle
21 Sep 18 19:54
| Topic/replies: 6,441 | Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
Not really my kind of race with the draw / pace so difficult to predict, but have had a quick look and former Group 1 winner and soft ground lover G Force at 25/1 e/w 7 places looks a fair bet.
Was 4th in a better renewal (imo)  of the race on g/s ground in 2016.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 11
By:
gpz6316
When: 21 Sep 18 23:02
i you were riding a racer bike in a peloton much larger on your side than the others then youd travel into the race nicely and have a good chance . in a slog i dont think that comes into it . i will rule out draw . i reckon the winner will be a 3 or 4yo whom is gonna be exposed to the trench like conditions for the first time , whom might excel
By:
gpz6316
When: 21 Sep 18 23:19
you and i may well think this is mental but brian the snail at 44.0 has got my fiver
By:
willie the milk
When: 22 Sep 18 13:37
On Growl AP @ 16s and a small ew on  Brian the Snail at 40s
By:
gpz6316
When: 22 Sep 18 15:19
i dawned on me that colts are much heavier / more powerful on the shoulder than geldings / fillies with that in mind i won on the 2.40 so have backed out of brian the snail and am on son of rest and staxton . best of luck
By:
Andrew in Sweden
When: 23 Sep 18 07:48
It's incorrect to say colts are much heavier/more powerful than geldings and as for fillies racing history is awash fast ones.

Speed doesn't come from the shoulder either. Wink
By:
gpz6316
When: 23 Sep 18 21:08
andrew i,m just a punter , i have heard it said though and felt that it would help to power through the testing ground rather than add speed to a horse
By:
gpz6316
When: 23 Sep 18 21:15
imo its power that gets through slow ground fastest over natural speed
By:
gpz6316
When: 23 Sep 18 21:47
also i would disagree and say colts are heavier and more powerful than same size , age geldings and fillies . anyone around the horses on a regular basis have a opinion on this ?
By:
Andrew in Sweden
When: 24 Sep 18 11:37
gpz6316,

The initial part of a horse stride starts in the hind quarters (where the primary mass of muscles are) the further a horse can swing the rear legs forward (the reach) and hit the ground running the greater the thrust and as a consequence results in more speed.

There are many other muscles used to a lesser extent including the croup, hip and back to support this thrust movement. The forelegs (assisted by the shoulders) also propel the horse forward, stride length is determined by conformation of the shoulder.

Good balance is also an essential ingredient of speed, but overall conformation of the horse is also very important.

A gelding is simply a colt who has been castrated, it's incorrect to say one is heavier than the other.

Fillies/mares are generally smaller of course, but it doesn't make them necessarily slower sprinters. Look at Black Cavier, Winx, Lyric Fantasy, Meccas Angel and Tiggy Wiggy to name a few who have beaten their male counterparts.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 24 Sep 18 12:40
the flying five form was easily the best form going into the race, with the winner able to run off 101,
handicap mark is due to go up 10 lbs for future races after that group 1 2nd. all the action was in the
silver cup with last seasons FSS red jazz's number 1 money maker taking the spoils.
By:
gpz6316
When: 24 Sep 18 20:26
i wont make a hatchet job of that andrew lets just leave it at that and say were on different wavelengths
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com