Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unclepuncle
21 Sep 18 18:54
| Topic/replies: 6,436 | Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
Not really my kind of race with the draw / pace so difficult to predict, but have had a quick look and former Group 1 winner and soft ground lover G Force at 25/1 e/w 7 places looks a fair bet.
Was 4th in a better renewal (imo)  of the race on g/s ground in 2016.
Show More
Report gpz6316 September 21, 2018 11:02 PM BST
i you were riding a racer bike in a peloton much larger on your side than the others then youd travel into the race nicely and have a good chance . in a slog i dont think that comes into it . i will rule out draw . i reckon the winner will be a 3 or 4yo whom is gonna be exposed to the trench like conditions for the first time , whom might excel
Report gpz6316 September 21, 2018 11:19 PM BST
you and i may well think this is mental but brian the snail at 44.0 has got my fiver
Report willie the milk September 22, 2018 1:37 PM BST
On Growl AP @ 16s and a small ew on  Brian the Snail at 40s
Report gpz6316 September 22, 2018 3:19 PM BST
i dawned on me that colts are much heavier / more powerful on the shoulder than geldings / fillies with that in mind i won on the 2.40 so have backed out of brian the snail and am on son of rest and staxton . best of luck
Report Andrew in Sweden September 23, 2018 7:48 AM BST
It's incorrect to say colts are much heavier/more powerful than geldings and as for fillies racing history is awash fast ones.

Speed doesn't come from the shoulder either. Wink
Report gpz6316 September 23, 2018 9:08 PM BST
andrew i,m just a punter , i have heard it said though and felt that it would help to power through the testing ground rather than add speed to a horse
Report gpz6316 September 23, 2018 9:15 PM BST
imo its power that gets through slow ground fastest over natural speed
Report gpz6316 September 23, 2018 9:47 PM BST
also i would disagree and say colts are heavier and more powerful than same size , age geldings and fillies . anyone around the horses on a regular basis have a opinion on this ?
Report Andrew in Sweden September 24, 2018 11:37 AM BST
gpz6316,

The initial part of a horse stride starts in the hind quarters (where the primary mass of muscles are) the further a horse can swing the rear legs forward (the reach) and hit the ground running the greater the thrust and as a consequence results in more speed.

There are many other muscles used to a lesser extent including the croup, hip and back to support this thrust movement. The forelegs (assisted by the shoulders) also propel the horse forward, stride length is determined by conformation of the shoulder.

Good balance is also an essential ingredient of speed, but overall conformation of the horse is also very important.

A gelding is simply a colt who has been castrated, it's incorrect to say one is heavier than the other.

Fillies/mares are generally smaller of course, but it doesn't make them necessarily slower sprinters. Look at Black Cavier, Winx, Lyric Fantasy, Meccas Angel and Tiggy Wiggy to name a few who have beaten their male counterparts.
Report roadrunner46 September 24, 2018 12:40 PM BST
the flying five form was easily the best form going into the race, with the winner able to run off 101,
handicap mark is due to go up 10 lbs for future races after that group 1 2nd. all the action was in the
silver cup with last seasons FSS red jazz's number 1 money maker taking the spoils.
Report gpz6316 September 24, 2018 8:26 PM BST
i wont make a hatchet job of that andrew lets just leave it at that and say were on different wavelengths
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com