Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Madhu
17 Sep 18 17:17
| Topic/replies: 873 | Blogger: Madhu's blog
Tricorn

Tricorn by my account will have a nice weight off 101 in the Cambridgeshire Handicap with a likely 10lb spread, certainly well-in with Seniority now with a 10lb turnaround on their Royal Hunt Cup form. The latter along with the likes of Dubai Horizon, Pivione, and Alfarris don’t have as much in hand now at this stage of the year. Likewise, Sharja Bridge was expected to rate considerably higher than at the beginning of the season; he has but he ain’t won. Kynren is a loser for me this year because I have been stupid enough to back him on the wrong ground but he lacks scope and would need soft ground to bring him right into the equation off 100. Outside of these the other older horses likely to get in appear thoroughly exposed.

I thought Danceteria was the pattern horse lurking down the weights but after Sunday’s performance in a big field with the first four older horses rated in their 80’s, he won’t good enough on the day and he’ll be all at sea in the cavalry charge. I think it is a difficult race for three-year-olds anyway and of the John Gosden pair prominent in the betting, Wissahickon cannot win this off 107 and for me Stylehunter’s collateral link with Corrosive points me even more so to his older stable companion. Coincidently Stylehunter and Pivione are better in at the weights with a penalty and among the early market leaders in Saturday’s Dubai Duty Free Handicap.

Tricorn made rapid progression as a three-year-old and by the look of it from his smart performance when finishing 3rd in the Britannia Stakes everything led to the Royal Hunt Cup this year, however, James Doyle his usual rider jumped ship to ride at more or less his lowest riding weight the favourite Seniority, who ran off a 7lbs lower mark but there was not much between them in the race itself where they both ran well enough. In Golden Mile hindsight he made the right choice. Tricorn was then given an 82 day break from Royal Ascot and back on the all-weather in a £25,000 Class 2 at Chelmsford (four runs/three wins on the AW including Chelmsford LTO place before the Britannia), and with James Doyle back on he came from behind after being dropped out at the back and finished strongly to split two decent three-year-olds in the aforementioned Corrosive and Commander Han, both receiving a stone, and ahead of the smart marker Masham Star. The usual track pace bias suggests both him and the winner put up smart performances, with Tricorn running a personal best even though I doubt he was near his peak fitness after nearly three months off.

Tricorn also has decent winning course form and to my mind he is the horse Clarehaven Stables have long laid out for the race.
Pause Switch to Standard View Cambridgeshire Handicap 2018
Show More
Report gpz6316 September 18, 2018 9:15 PM BST
madhu , you are more knowledgeable than prolly anyone else at this stage . high no.s i think so you cant equate that yet and horses coming into form . also going , keep picking and poking . with intimate knowledge you will go close to finding the winner . sounds like you like this race a lot
Report Mystic Wind September 23, 2018 10:19 AM BST
I might have got this totally wrong, but I suspect this may have been the season-long target for Afaak, following his half-length second to Addeybb in the Silver Cambridgeshire last year. His staying-on second in the Hunt Cup reinforced his ability to perform in large fields and he's only a pound higher here. A 4-runner event was never going to show him in his best light last time, but hopefully that's brought him to a peak for the Cambridgeshire.

0.5pt Afaak @ 25/1
Report unclepuncle September 23, 2018 10:50 AM BST
I tipped Afaak on the Autumn Double thread before his Doncaster run. Tbh after that effort I’d  pretty much written the bet off so hopefully you are right.
Report Millerracing67 September 28, 2018 9:20 PM BST
Small interest on Via Serendipity at 44.0 on here, surprised he's that big?? In Gd form, likes fast ground, Gd course form, & a top jock booked.
My only play so far.
Report unclepuncle September 28, 2018 10:20 PM BST
Gosden has confirmed that Tricorn is the one he has laid out for it - think it has been pricewised as well.
Report lewisham ranger September 29, 2018 7:32 AM BST
danceteria, uae prince and kenya for me.
Report metro john September 29, 2018 9:38 AM BST
Very Promising e/w for me, nice profile for the race, looks place material
Report Facts September 29, 2018 10:14 AM BST
I'm backing Very Talented. Cool
Report Andrew in Sweden September 29, 2018 10:34 AM BST
Via Serendipity W/6TBP at a price (backed at 34)
Report lewisham ranger September 29, 2018 11:26 AM BST
lots of money for kenya Shocked
Report unclepuncle September 29, 2018 1:03 PM BST
^That is concerning - they might think it is a handicap snip like Halling / Pipedreamer.
Report lewisham ranger September 29, 2018 1:23 PM BST
it's already won the irish version! on for the double! Crazy
Report Millerracing67 September 29, 2018 2:24 PM BST
Another small ew on Via Serendipity 25/1 (365) 8pls.
Gd luck all :-)
Report lewisham ranger September 29, 2018 3:56 PM BST
kicking myself for not backing the winner. you need a horse that stays 1 mile two or further in the cambridgeshire and the winner fitted the bill. plus it looked an out and out galloper which is ideal for newmarket Cry
Report unclepuncle September 29, 2018 4:34 PM BST
If it hadn’t run at the July meeting it would have been hot favourite. But it did run, and ran shockingly so that was the question mark.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com