Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
impossible123
14 Sep 18 16:26
| Topic/replies: 20,258 | Blogger: impossible123's blog
Sangarius could be heading this way again for this race (formerly Racing Post Trophy) after his facile victory this afternoon.
Pause Switch to Standard View Vertem Futurity Trophy (Don 27th Oct)
Show More
Report impossible123 September 30, 2018 7:08 PM BST
Japan, the winner of The Beresford today beating his more fancied stablemate Mount Everest, could be this way bound. Similarly, Anthony Van Dyck and possibly Mohawk. And with Quorto having been packed-off only Sangarius, if proved competitive in The Dewhurst, could thwart another triumph for AOB, I think.
Report impossible123 October 5, 2018 5:43 PM BST
Anthony Van Dyck has been scratched from the Lagardere in France this weekend, and he's not in The Dewhurst next saturday either. Unless he is down to run in an egg-and-spoon race in Ireland he must be this race bound similar to Saxon Warrior last year, No doubt he would be short given Quorto is off till next season, and Too Darn Hot running in The Dewhurst; a probable serious Derby prospect if winning comprehensively, I believe.
Report Mystic Wind October 5, 2018 7:18 PM BST
Anthony Van Dyck is still entered in the Dewhurst. I, for one, hope he runs in it too - with Quorto not running, AVD would bring the best 7f form into the race.
Report impossible123 October 5, 2018 7:44 PM BST
I think I read somewhere post his defeat by Quorto over 7f his next race would be over a mile. But despite being joint-fav in The Lagardere with Anodor in France on sunday he was scratched; The Dewhurst is over 7f, and Too Darn Hot is running too thus I cannot see AOB running him there.

What surprise me though is his price for The Derby, still available at 14/1 with ***365. I thought he was running on again after being headed by Quorto over 7f on good to yielding ground at The Curragh.
Report impossible123 October 13, 2018 7:08 PM BST
A gallant run by AVD considering inadequate Dewhurst trip. Will AVD be pitched up here in two weeks' time? I hope so...to show what he could do with a furlong further. If so, he'd be fav, I believe. As for Too Darn Hot, he'd be packed-off now for the season and be prepped for The 2000G next season.
Report impossible123 October 21, 2018 8:12 PM BST
AOB has 23 of 49 entries with his two big guns Anthony Van Dyck (AVD) and Japan his principals. But will AVD run so soon after the Dewhurst (13th Oct)? Unlikely I'd think. If he does show up, he'd be at the top of the pecking order for The Derby; Saxon Warrior won this last year.
Report gpz6316 October 21, 2018 8:33 PM BST
not sure whats gone on here , vertem futurity ? and the flagship paper racing post now sponsor what in the sport ?
Report gpz6316 October 21, 2018 8:39 PM BST
sorry 123 but i dont see avd as a improver over distance . i,ve just not seen it . hes just a horse that has shown his quality , which is good , but , not top class imo . if he has had the lurgy however he can be something else next year .
Report gpz6316 October 21, 2018 8:53 PM BST
i,ve also noticed that coolmore is looking to other sires now as the Galileo line is becoming overwhelming . i reckon that dubawi is gonna rule the roost over the next few years . then roaring lion .
Report gpz6316 October 21, 2018 9:03 PM BST
summing up quorto , would be the winner and he will be the top middle distance horse next year and may well beat tdh in the guineas
Report impossible123 October 21, 2018 9:15 PM BST
Sorry, I do not read The Dewhurst (best 2yr old race so far) where AVD is concerned. He seemed to having to be rushed up to be with the pace (reluctantly), and even Gosden alluded to that in his post race comments; he'd credit himself in The 2000G, but I cannot see him winning unless he's progressed enormously over the winter and/or something amiss with TDH and Quorto. I hope AVD is AOB's numero uno for Epsom.

Diminuendo was tapped for pace in The 1000G but a different horse over 12f. Similarly, Enable who was no match for Shutter Speed over 10f but 12f an entirely different proposition.

As for Quorto, I just cannot foresee Godolphin winning the Epsom Derby (again); this year's renewal was a poor lot; 2nd DXB (a dog); RL/Sax/Haz (3rd/4th/5th) clearly did not stay the trip.
Report impossible123 October 22, 2018 4:41 PM BST
No AVD but Magna Grecia has been supplemented with Norway and Japan amongst 9 AOB's probable line-up. Pheonix of Spain beaten by Too Darn Hot in the Champagne Stakes is also in the probable line-up.
Report Mystic Wind October 23, 2018 8:09 PM BST
Supplementing Magna Grecia has caught the market's imagination to the extent that people are assuming "supplementary entry" is synonymous with "stable's no.1". Personally I'd have Japan's Beresford win as superior to MG's Autumn Stakes second.
Report deepingfox October 23, 2018 9:07 PM BST
Love both MAGNA GRECIA and JAPAN, Mystic,

Looking at the betting for the classics, then outside of Ten Soveriegns, AOB has nothing shorter than Magna Grecia for the 2000 Guineas, after the Newmarket tussle with Persian King, when they strode away from the opposition together,

On the other hand, nothing appeals for Epsom, for AOB, as much as Japan.

I would back either, as fav, to win at Donny, but maybe both will run, unless their is a grade 1 left (in France) for one of them, over 1m.
Report Mystic Wind October 25, 2018 6:51 PM BST
Really surprised to see Japan is an absentee. Magna Grecia ran a good race at HQ but will likely encounter softer ground at Donny - that's not sure to suit this son of Invincible Spirit.
Report impossible123 October 26, 2018 1:49 PM BST
AVD is likely for the Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf for a mega prize after his defeat in The Dewhurst, but I cannot have Magna Grecia over Pheonix Of Spain despite a late supplementary. It could be a wrong race for a wrong horse, I believe.
Report lewisham ranger October 26, 2018 9:45 PM BST
fav too short. phoenix of spain surely the bet here even if reluctant to take hills over O'Brien.

interesting lightly raced types in the race as well, like king of ottokar, that won well first time up in soft conditions so might throw a saver on him.
Report roadrunner46 October 27, 2018 12:05 AM BST
will be looking out for the kingman colt to see how it gets on in this race and the favourite who was beaten
by a kingman colt LTO
Report the bloob October 27, 2018 12:42 AM BST
Dashing Willoughby at a fancy price is worth a try, 33/1
Report Millerracing67 October 27, 2018 2:22 PM BST
Had a small ew interest on Phoenix of Spain 5/1  he'll handle the ease in the ground, & the mile should suit.
Report Figgis October 27, 2018 3:58 PM BST
Phoenix Of Spain undoubtedly has the best form but I'm a bit concerned about him coming here after what I think were two hard races. Magna Grecia next best but for me his Autumn Stakes run was a few pounds below what is usually required here. Might improve again but may need to. The others need to make even more improvement but with so many lightly raced types that could easily happen. So even though I have Magna Grecia second best I've laid him just because I think the price is too short.
Report BigField October 27, 2018 4:07 PM BST
some jockey! top horse too
Report impossible123 October 27, 2018 4:15 PM BST
Result will stand, I believe, but holiday for Donnacha.
Report Millerracing67 October 27, 2018 4:22 PM BST
Cracking finish from the 2 form horses. I'd expect the result to stand, even tho there was some interference
Report Millerracing67 October 27, 2018 4:23 PM BST
& it does.
Report Figgis October 27, 2018 4:27 PM BST
Magna Grecia too good. From the result you could say he's improved past Phoenix of Spain but I don't think that one quite ran up to his previous best. The race was run at a good pace but resulted in a bunched finish in just an ok time. I don't believe Magna Grecia improved but as it turned out he didn't need to. Needs to make significant progress, for me, to be a Derby horse. The rest couldn't even stay on past the pacemaker and look useless at this level.
Report Millerracing67 October 27, 2018 4:32 PM BST
Front 2 look nice prospects for next yr.
don't view the winner as a Derby horse? Maybe get 10f on faster ground.
Think the runner up wants further already, a 10f + horse next yr.
Report impossible123 October 27, 2018 4:34 PM BST
Only cements the status of Too Darn Hot for The 2000G.
Report Figgis October 27, 2018 4:35 PM BST
Can't see Magna Carta being fast enough to pick up top races over 10f.
Report Figgis October 27, 2018 4:35 PM BST
Or even Magna GreciaLaugh
Report Millerracing67 October 27, 2018 4:37 PM BST
Yes, Too Darn Hot does look the biz. All going well, he'll take all the beating in the 2000gns.
Report roadrunner46 October 27, 2018 4:39 PM BST
the weight of money that came for turgenev, must of been the jockey and trainer combination, had absolutely
no chance imo
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com