Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unclepuncle
28 Aug 18 20:10
| Topic/replies: 6,436 | Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
Won last year by subsequent Derby winner Masar there are 15 entered this year with John Gosden, who has won it with Kingman and Ravens Pass, having the 5/4 favourite Too Darn Hot, with Royal Ascot winner Arthur Kitt next best at 4/1

However, Too Darn Hot (full brother to Lah Di Mar) won at a mile on his debut doing his best work at the finish and Gosden’s spokesman has said they may wait for a conditions race at Ascot next week. Another reason they may swerve it is that the stable has a very strong second entry in Beatboxer who won over C&D on debut before easing home at Haydock.

Presumably because the bookies have all assumed the hyped up TDH was going to run you can get 14/1 on Beatboxer with Slybet - if he runs and TDH doesn’t I’d expect him to be close to favourite.

Obviously it’s risky and money will be lost if he doesn’t run but given today’s comments I have had to take a punt on him.
Pause Switch to Standard View Solario Stakes - Sandown 1st Sept
Show More
Report the bloob August 30, 2018 11:32 AM BST
unlucky with Beatboxer, the RP had switched Frankie from TDH on to Beatboxer so it did look as though Beatboxer was the entry
Report unclepuncle August 30, 2018 1:18 PM BST
That’s the gamble.Cry
Report Andrew in Sweden August 30, 2018 9:12 PM BST
Too Darn Hot could win on the bridle, but i wouldn't be backing it significantly at 5/4.

Impressive LTO winning by 7L and could be anything, but the form is worthless in the context of a Group 3. It won a class 5 maiden stakes with only 5 runners, 3 of whom were unraced. One had been unplaced (5th of 6) and the other Fraser Island runner-up to Beat Boxer, stablemate of TDH.

The time was ordinary, specially compared to the other 8f race on the card.

May have to run to a mark of 110+ to win.
Report unclepuncle August 30, 2018 11:24 PM BST
Although it’s a bit sooner than ideal I’d have to side with Watan (even with Moore on board Laugh ) - think he was beaten by a top notcher at York.
Report unclepuncle September 1, 2018 3:39 PM BST
Impressive winner.
Report Andrew in Sweden September 1, 2018 4:42 PM BST
Yes, did it easy
Report unclepuncle September 1, 2018 5:37 PM BST
Watan ran deplorably, stuck out wide and had his mouth open all the way - couldn't believe Hannon said before the race the only reason they were bringing him out so soon after York was to try to get a group win for Toronado before the big yearling sales.Cry
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com