Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unclepuncle
14 Jun 18 22:10
| Topic/replies: 6,436 | Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
Looks very open to me with no standout horse.  The likes of Sioux Nation, Invincible Army and Sands Of Mali  are good horses but I'd be disapppointed if any of them turned out to be the best 6f sprinter in training.
The market agrees as Equilateral is currently 9/2 favourite after hosing up in a little novice race at Doncaster and obviously 'could be anything', but a very similar, if not more impressive type, is Tabdeed who can be backed at 33/1 nrnb. Unbeaten in two starts, and highly impressive both times, travelling really well and quickening nicely. He is a proper bull of a horse and shoud love the stiff Ascot 6f on fast ground. Stable in great form too.

No idea if he is definitely running, he is in the Jersey Stakes too, but I'd have thought 10/1 was a more realistic price so have lumped on.
Pause Switch to Standard View Commonwealth - Ascot 22/06/18
Show More
Report unclepuncle June 16, 2018 2:40 PM BST
Not entered, though is still in the Jersey so will back h8m for that instead if he runs.
Report unclepuncle June 20, 2018 8:26 PM BST
Ran well in the Jersey but clearly should have gone for the shorter race.Cry

I’m hoping the reason they chose the Jersey becomes more obvious on Friday.Wink
Report unclepuncle June 22, 2018 4:00 PM BST
unclepuncle 20 Jun 18 20:26

I’m hoping the reason they chose the Jersey becomes more obvious on Friday.Wink

That's the reason they chose the Jersey.Grin

As posted last August on the 2,000 Guineas thread:

unclepuncle 27 Aug 17 22:38

One that took my eye is Eqtidaar of Michael Stoutes. Very impressive on debut at Nottingham.
and a half brother to Massaat who finished 2nd in the Guineas. Possible he might be more a Commonwealth Cup type

Been nibbling at him since April at 25/1-40/1 and then a big bet at 16/1 once the decs came out.GrinGrin
Report li June 22, 2018 4:17 PM BST
Uncle, well done. Any reason Eqtidaar didn't get a mention in your opening post above?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com