Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GI MAC
21 Feb 18 18:45
| Topic/replies: 3,105 | Blogger: GI MAC's blog
I've not done much antipost this year, can't seem to find any real value in the horses I like, however I could not help but stick a few quid on this White Moon.

He won his first two novice hurdle races this season pretty easily looking potentailly very good in the process. I marked him down as one to keep an eye out for come the spring but then he flopped big time stepped up in class at Sandown. Most will be put off after that run which is fair enough, but Tizzard did have that spell where his horses were poorly.

Anyway, I was reading Tizzard's stable tour in The Weekender today:

He's one of the nicest horses we have. He came here after winning a point-to-point impressively in May and right from the off I thought he looked talented. He won at Wincanton first time up against some nice sorts and then defied his penalty at Exeter three weeks later, but he wasn't right after coming back from Sandown next time and hasn't run since. His work recently has been as god as ever, though, better than almost anything we have in the yard. He'll go straight to Cheltenham for the Ballymore or the Albert Bartlett and he'll make his presence felt.

Better than anything? Quite a statement given who else is in the yard.

Given he is a 3mile ptp horse my hunch is the 3mile race, and I've backed him at 40/1 for that, I have also had a saver at 33/1 NRNB in the Ballymore just in case, though I do think Samcro will scare plenty away from this race.

Bit of a punt but worth it at these prices, he did look very good prior to Sandown.
Pause Switch to Standard View Albert Bartlett - White Moon
Show More
Report nocturnal February 21, 2018 11:35 PM GMT
http://www.starsportsbet.co.uk/cheltenham-preview-videos-2/

Evening GI.....probably same stuff on that link,there is a bit on your lad.

Stable not right last year around cheltenham time,big difference at Aintree according to trainer,well publicised problems again this season,not the only stable,he thinks they are through that and horses well.

Just another piece of the jigsaw that is cheltenham,my hunch is he will do a lot better this festival,horses can improve way beyond what they have shown, given decent ground and a little warmer weather.

I like him,not frightened to put his horses against the best,he is still learning.
Report GI MAC February 22, 2018 7:28 PM GMT
Cheers noc, I enjoy listening to Tizzard rambling on. It must have been a steep learning curve for him with all these good horses appearing in his yard these past few years. He has a really nice team heading to the festival, and given his poor form over the past couple of months or so, he will have one or two well handicapped horses running.
Report the bloob February 24, 2018 10:28 AM GMT
flat sire so will probably appreciate better ground, you can get 40/1 with SB without Samcro in the Ballymore, I'm not allowed to bet with them unfortunately
Report The Dragon March 11, 2018 1:21 PM GMT
nr
Report gpz6316 March 15, 2018 10:45 PM GMT
i quite like ok corral in this 11-1 ish . i think basso has a fair point in suggesting that a older horse has an advantage of strength / stamina . v good lto and looked like hed appreciate going left . gl
Report bobbyjo March 16, 2018 3:02 PM GMT
Right idea GI Mac Sad
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com