Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unclepuncle
12 Feb 18 13:04
| Topic/replies: 6,442 | Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
Could be the race of the season so far if all the principals line up.
They are all course winners and with a nice forecast from Tursday onwards the ground should be near perfect so there really shouldn't be any excuses.
Hard to pick between the front 3 and the bookies aren't giving anything away so probably just a watching brief for me.
Pause Switch to Standard View Ascot Chase - Feb 17th
Show More
Report sintonian February 12, 2018 8:57 PM GMT
I think Waiting Patiently is the best jumper out of the front 3. Coney Island put in a few dodgy jumps last time out and whilst Top Notch is decent, he's quite small and not won a Grade 1 out of novice company so he could be put under pressure against better oppo. A decent race this.
Report gpz6316 February 12, 2018 11:17 PM GMT
its top notch bar a fall or bad mistake imo . ive gone right off our duke since his last run . the story was he had a back issue and he jumped like he still has a back issue , add that to anibale fly poor run and coney island doesnt look so great . waiting patiently form is impeccable at a much lower level , but , unless your the very best you need to mix it and come on . i doubt hes the very best
Report buddeliea February 13, 2018 7:02 AM GMT
Top Notch for me too, just think hes a class apart.
Report buddeliea February 13, 2018 7:35 AM GMT
Having said that, I feel I should say that Waiting Patiently is one that could be a big danger.
I think he has to improve,but he does look capable of that, and I was impressed with him at Kempton.
Report Blackrock February 13, 2018 5:58 PM GMT
Coney Island for me. Think he has all the gears neccessary to be a serious horse.
Report harry callaghan February 13, 2018 7:46 PM GMT
this is a real treat.

i can't see by top notch and waiting patiently but there is certainly some lurkers, waiting patiently may well be a monster in waiting and he is the one horse with the most upside but top notch will be a tough nut to crack.

Coney island brings top level novice form and is a watching brief but i didn't agree with the rating given last time when the jon jo horse did no running and it was all to easy from there, he could be anything but also may get found out here, i just hope he doesn't blow out. i think the market isn't far out although i'd have coney island a lot bigger but all will be tested here and it will be a good one that wins it
Report impossible123 February 13, 2018 8:48 PM GMT
Coney Island for me too; he is class and 2m 5f is his distance, I believe.
Report gpz6316 February 14, 2018 12:03 AM GMT
its a p poor market . top 3 are under 5-1 , rightly so given the field size so you might as well wait till saturday
Report IrisDeBalme February 14, 2018 7:36 PM GMT
I prefer to look outside the top 3

Take my chances with FRODON and CUE CARD...

CC has a great record in the race... may not be the same horse ... but stable doing really well...
Report Autocue February 16, 2018 11:18 AM GMT
Top Notch ran well over course and distance earlier but loved the way Waiting Patiently finished last time and I think he'll go off 7/4 favourite.
Report ACStafford February 17, 2018 12:07 AM GMT
Cracking renewal. I expect the first two in the betting to fight out the finish, but they're both short enough, so I might take a chance on Speredek, who's come on plenty this season. Needs to improve a good bit more, but ran very well in the Victor Chandler and looks a little overpriced.
Report FELTFAIR February 17, 2018 9:33 AM GMT
Backed Top Notch win.
Report gpz6316 February 17, 2018 10:27 AM GMT
you done the right thing he is top notch ,
Report gpz6316 February 20, 2018 1:20 AM GMT
if i was the owner id insist that he goes all guns blazing at the champion chase .  the horse is  nailed on , altior wont do it hes not right . ill tell you now nicky top notch wins the champion chase if you let him
Report unclepuncle February 20, 2018 3:01 PM GMT
I'm sure Nicky will take notice.LaughCrazy
Report gpz6316 February 21, 2018 9:03 PM GMT
obv he wont run , set for ryanair . i just dont get it though . what did he do wrong at 2 miles to be stepped up ? that horse would win the queen mother if they let it run im sure of it . are you listening munir and soude your sat on the champion chaser and hendos trying to turn him into something else cos of altior . that is my opinion
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com