Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
IrisDeBalme
16 Jan 18 08:32
| Topic/replies: 1,977 | Blogger: IrisDeBalme's blog
No thread
UN DE SCEAUX looks like the likely winner ... but he is a horse that I tend to back against ... as i guess he is quirky character and trainer is a tad dodgy.

Think he has the beating of most of these except Brain Power I backed him yesterday for this at 6s... he is certainly the value... wasnt good enough to win a champion hurdle and think connections doing the right thing to take this route.

UDS is a speedy sort but so is Brain Power... I'd go with the power at the prices.

Good Luck
Pause Switch to Standard View CLARENCE HOUSE CHANCE - BRAIN POWER 4/1
Show More
Report Fashion Fever January 16, 2018 1:32 PM GMT
BP's getting punted as the ground is drying out by the minute and no rain forecast and gonna be against UDS but he won the tingle creek on quicker ground last year

who knows if UDS will turn up, think 4/5 UDS is a gift if you get that Saturday am, can't see BP getting anywhere near him
Report unclepuncle January 16, 2018 2:43 PM GMT
Well I got 8/1 e/w 3 places with Laddies yesterday morning, though only for peanuts.Cool

Looked a weak race bar UDS but given BP's liking for the track and the decent going then if he can jump round he should get placed at least. Probably fall at the last again now.Cry
Report TINnotaTON January 17, 2018 8:25 AM GMT
No rain forcast ?? you obviously haven't seen tonight's weather
Report asparagus January 17, 2018 12:29 PM GMT
Fair enough for those who got on earlier at 8/1 or 6/1 especially each way first 3 but he seems a bizarre price now. Either someone thinks Un De Sceaux might not turn up or the bookies are trying to pretend this is a big gamble. 3.9 on here is a shocking price imo.
Report the bloob January 17, 2018 3:22 PM GMT
Brain Power was beat when unseating last time in a Novice Chase, UDS is a different level to what he raced against that day, I can't see what the fuss is about
Report buddeliea January 17, 2018 4:51 PM GMT
Maybe with the bad weather about their is a chance UDS wont travel over.
Cannot think of any other reason why anyone should think BP could win on Saturday.
Report sixtwosix January 17, 2018 5:42 PM GMT
as i guess he is quirky character
UDS has won 15 out of 20 races , 2 falls and 3 second places.
The only two horses to beat him in a completed race are Fox Norton and the magnificent Sprinter Sacre(twice)

He is without doubt very close to being the most consistent top flight chaser around and is most certainly not quirky. Cool
Report Arklearkle January 17, 2018 6:44 PM GMT
Unless there is a big possibility that Ascot might be off I'd be pretty certain that UDS will travel over. WM has plenty other 2 to 2 and 1/2 mile chasers needing a run.
Report buddeliea January 17, 2018 7:02 PM GMT
Certainly hope so Arkle.
No chance of Ascot being off,just concerned about weather conditions affecting travel plans.
Report The Dragon January 17, 2018 10:25 PM GMT
im om on uds best price is now 8/11
Report buddeliea January 18, 2018 12:06 PM GMT
4/7 favourite Un De Sceaux will face just four rivals as he bids for a third successive victory in the Royal Salute Whisky Clarence House Chase at Ascot on Saturday.

Willie Mullins' Irish raider won the event when it was run at Cheltenham last year and victory here would see him become the first triple winner of the race.

However, Nicky Henderson's Brain Power has attracted plenty of support throughout the week and the novice, who will be having just his third outing over fences, leads the opposition. He is 11/4 second favourite with Sky Bet.

Nigel Hawke's Speredek (20/1) takes a huge leap in company after winning five of his last six handicap starts, while Paul Nicholls fields San Benedeto (20/1), who was last of five finishers in the Tingle Creek on his most recent outing.

The Harry Fry-trained Kylemore Lough (11/1), a Grade One winner for Kerry Lee in 2016, completes the field as he tries to bounce back from a disappointing reappearance at Cheltenham in November.
Report buddeliea January 18, 2018 12:08 PM GMT
Rather poor field for a Grade one race.
Good job UDS coming over!!!
Report sixtwosix January 18, 2018 4:21 PM GMT
It is , but UDS is a horse I can watch without any need for a bet.....still wonder if he would ave won a Champion Hurdle given the chance.
Report woodmanchester January 18, 2018 11:07 PM GMT
8/11 gone
Report Callisto-moon January 18, 2018 11:08 PM GMT
I think he would of won a champion hurdle, but hey ho never got to try.
Report woodmanchester January 18, 2018 11:15 PM GMT
You can get a price Brain Power again now but with Sceaux with an eye on the Festival, too!
Report Autocue January 20, 2018 12:44 PM GMT
Brain Power is a useful handicapper up against a grade 1 horse. No Brainer.
Report sageform January 21, 2018 8:02 AM GMT
Actually a novice chaser who can't jump. I still wasn't as impressed by Un De Sceaux as I had expected. He was driven out to beat Speredek by 7 lengths. Either Speredek is a 165+ horse or Un De Sceaux ran below his best form. Having said that 7/1 Un de Sceeaux NRNB for the Champion Chase might be worth taking just in case it is very soft.
Report buddeliea January 21, 2018 9:31 AM GMT
Think UDS ran below his best Sage,and probably Speredek ran above his? Plus Speredek likes those conditions as well.
It was comfortable enough though i thought.
Although UDS acts better than most on soft,i dont think it can be easy to look impressive in those conditions.
Report Autocue January 21, 2018 10:22 AM GMT
I was using Brain Power's hurdles form to project his likely ability as a chaser sageform.
His record in listed or graded handicaps is 1 1
His record in open listed or graded races is 10 3 8 8 5 UR F and the letters were due to the errors of a tired and beaten horse.
After his owner and trainer blamed the jockey in public for the Kempton defeat it was interesting to see the horse stuffed again yesterday.
Report unclepuncle January 21, 2018 4:58 PM GMT
Was surprised Henderson didn't pull him out with the ground going so heavy.
Report sageform January 22, 2018 8:34 AM GMT
bud, you might be right. UDS did win well but he wasn't going away from a tired front runner as quickly as I expected him to despite what looked like hard riding to me. He may just be getting lazy.
Report gpz6316 February 22, 2018 8:25 PM GMT
theres a performance in brain power and it will be on top of the ground
Report DECALEC February 23, 2018 1:58 AM GMT
Well hopefully it won't be 6 feet under if jumping improves
Report gpz6316 February 26, 2018 11:18 PM GMT
err it was a comment regarding the going unless hes a mole !
Report DECALEC February 27, 2018 11:51 PM GMT
No hope 4u pal
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com