Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
IrisDeBalme
16 Jan 18 08:32
| Topic/replies: 1,978 | Blogger: IrisDeBalme's blog
No thread
UN DE SCEAUX looks like the likely winner ... but he is a horse that I tend to back against ... as i guess he is quirky character and trainer is a tad dodgy.

Think he has the beating of most of these except Brain Power I backed him yesterday for this at 6s... he is certainly the value... wasnt good enough to win a champion hurdle and think connections doing the right thing to take this route.

UDS is a speedy sort but so is Brain Power... I'd go with the power at the prices.

Good Luck

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 26
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 16 Jan 18 13:32
BP's getting punted as the ground is drying out by the minute and no rain forecast and gonna be against UDS but he won the tingle creek on quicker ground last year

who knows if UDS will turn up, think 4/5 UDS is a gift if you get that Saturday am, can't see BP getting anywhere near him
By:
unclepuncle
When: 16 Jan 18 14:43
Well I got 8/1 e/w 3 places with Laddies yesterday morning, though only for peanuts.Cool

Looked a weak race bar UDS but given BP's liking for the track and the decent going then if he can jump round he should get placed at least. Probably fall at the last again now.Cry
By:
TINnotaTON
When: 17 Jan 18 08:25
No rain forcast ?? you obviously haven't seen tonight's weather
By:
asparagus
When: 17 Jan 18 12:29
Fair enough for those who got on earlier at 8/1 or 6/1 especially each way first 3 but he seems a bizarre price now. Either someone thinks Un De Sceaux might not turn up or the bookies are trying to pretend this is a big gamble. 3.9 on here is a shocking price imo.
By:
the bloob
When: 17 Jan 18 15:22
Brain Power was beat when unseating last time in a Novice Chase, UDS is a different level to what he raced against that day, I can't see what the fuss is about
By:
buddeliea
When: 17 Jan 18 16:51
Maybe with the bad weather about their is a chance UDS wont travel over.
Cannot think of any other reason why anyone should think BP could win on Saturday.
By:
sixtwosix
When: 17 Jan 18 17:42
as i guess he is quirky character
UDS has won 15 out of 20 races , 2 falls and 3 second places.
The only two horses to beat him in a completed race are Fox Norton and the magnificent Sprinter Sacre(twice)

He is without doubt very close to being the most consistent top flight chaser around and is most certainly not quirky. Cool
By:
Arklearkle
When: 17 Jan 18 18:44
Unless there is a big possibility that Ascot might be off I'd be pretty certain that UDS will travel over. WM has plenty other 2 to 2 and 1/2 mile chasers needing a run.
By:
buddeliea
When: 17 Jan 18 19:02
Certainly hope so Arkle.
No chance of Ascot being off,just concerned about weather conditions affecting travel plans.
By:
The Dragon
When: 17 Jan 18 22:25
im om on uds best price is now 8/11
By:
buddeliea
When: 18 Jan 18 12:06
4/7 favourite Un De Sceaux will face just four rivals as he bids for a third successive victory in the Royal Salute Whisky Clarence House Chase at Ascot on Saturday.

Willie Mullins' Irish raider won the event when it was run at Cheltenham last year and victory here would see him become the first triple winner of the race.

However, Nicky Henderson's Brain Power has attracted plenty of support throughout the week and the novice, who will be having just his third outing over fences, leads the opposition. He is 11/4 second favourite with Sky Bet.

Nigel Hawke's Speredek (20/1) takes a huge leap in company after winning five of his last six handicap starts, while Paul Nicholls fields San Benedeto (20/1), who was last of five finishers in the Tingle Creek on his most recent outing.

The Harry Fry-trained Kylemore Lough (11/1), a Grade One winner for Kerry Lee in 2016, completes the field as he tries to bounce back from a disappointing reappearance at Cheltenham in November.
By:
buddeliea
When: 18 Jan 18 12:08
Rather poor field for a Grade one race.
Good job UDS coming over!!!
By:
sixtwosix
When: 18 Jan 18 16:21
It is , but UDS is a horse I can watch without any need for a bet.....still wonder if he would ave won a Champion Hurdle given the chance.
By:
woodmanchester
When: 18 Jan 18 23:07
8/11 gone
By:
Callisto-moon
When: 18 Jan 18 23:08
I think he would of won a champion hurdle, but hey ho never got to try.
By:
woodmanchester
When: 18 Jan 18 23:15
You can get a price Brain Power again now but with Sceaux with an eye on the Festival, too!
By:
Autocue
When: 20 Jan 18 12:44
Brain Power is a useful handicapper up against a grade 1 horse. No Brainer.
By:
sageform
When: 21 Jan 18 08:02
Actually a novice chaser who can't jump. I still wasn't as impressed by Un De Sceaux as I had expected. He was driven out to beat Speredek by 7 lengths. Either Speredek is a 165+ horse or Un De Sceaux ran below his best form. Having said that 7/1 Un de Sceeaux NRNB for the Champion Chase might be worth taking just in case it is very soft.
By:
buddeliea
When: 21 Jan 18 09:31
Think UDS ran below his best Sage,and probably Speredek ran above his? Plus Speredek likes those conditions as well.
It was comfortable enough though i thought.
Although UDS acts better than most on soft,i dont think it can be easy to look impressive in those conditions.
By:
Autocue
When: 21 Jan 18 10:22
I was using Brain Power's hurdles form to project his likely ability as a chaser sageform.
His record in listed or graded handicaps is 1 1
His record in open listed or graded races is 10 3 8 8 5 UR F and the letters were due to the errors of a tired and beaten horse.
After his owner and trainer blamed the jockey in public for the Kempton defeat it was interesting to see the horse stuffed again yesterday.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 21 Jan 18 16:58
Was surprised Henderson didn't pull him out with the ground going so heavy.
By:
sageform
When: 22 Jan 18 08:34
bud, you might be right. UDS did win well but he wasn't going away from a tired front runner as quickly as I expected him to despite what looked like hard riding to me. He may just be getting lazy.
By:
gpz6316
When: 22 Feb 18 20:25
theres a performance in brain power and it will be on top of the ground
By:
DECALEC
When: 23 Feb 18 01:58
Well hopefully it won't be 6 feet under if jumping improves
By:
gpz6316
When: 26 Feb 18 23:18
err it was a comment regarding the going unless hes a mole !
By:
DECALEC
When: 27 Feb 18 23:51
No hope 4u pal
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel