Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PeteTheBloke
15 Oct 15 17:36
| Topic/replies: 3,712 | Blogger: PeteTheBloke's blog
Solow is trading at 5/4 - 11/8 and the reduction factor is over 50%
Gleneagles is about 2/1 and the reduction factor is 19%

All of that can change, but seeing as Gleneagles is still liable to be withdrawn, you'll be getting a great price about the other runners
if you bet them while he's in and he does become a nonner.
Pause Switch to Standard View Great value in QEII - who'd be a layer?
Show More
Report Fallen Angel October 16, 2015 9:54 AM BST
Yeah i was wondering if Betfair are going to update the reduction factor.
Report sageform October 16, 2015 7:46 PM BST
Hope he doesn't come out to reduce my winnings on Elm ParkHappy.
Report PeteTheBloke October 16, 2015 7:55 PM BST
The voice of confidence Grin

It sounds to me like he's still iffy, but there's no rain forecast, so who knows?
Report sageform October 17, 2015 8:51 AM BST
They seem to be deliberately keeping us in the dark. The owners are ex bookmakers of course.
Report A_T October 17, 2015 2:08 PM BST
at the prices worth opposing the front 2 - Integral and Territories
Report sageform October 17, 2015 2:38 PM BST
Able to lay off Elm Park-just a few strides when Kodi Bear came off the bridle when I thought he might win but Solow the best miler this season by a mile.
Report impossible123 August 20, 2020 2:33 PM BST
Palace Pier is 7/4 with 'billies'. Value surely. Mohaather is 3/1; Siskin (3/1); Circus Maximus and Kameko both are 8/1.
Report impossible123 August 28, 2020 2:02 PM BST
Mohaather is injured and has been retired; Palace Pier is 'evens' with bookies at best.
Report brigust1 August 28, 2020 2:27 PM BST
I backed Kameko after York when it went out to 10s. Then when Mohaather was withdrawn I looked to see what price it was and it was still 10s. Scared
Report layingisthewayforward August 28, 2020 5:16 PM BST
Kameko would need to start now to have any chance.
Report brigust1 August 29, 2020 3:14 PM BST
What price will you give me Lay?
Report clayfield1 August 30, 2020 12:13 PM BST
layingisthewayforward, Put up or Shut up.
Report harry callaghan August 31, 2020 11:37 AM BST
Andrew Balding is pinning hopes on the QEII at Ascot to provide another crowning moment after a season he senses could have worked out very differently for his 2000 Guineas hero Kameko.

Since his Classic victory at Newmarket, Kameko has run in the Derby over a mile and a half, the Sussex Stakes over a mile and the 10-furlong Juddmonte International.

He has been unable to get his head in front since his finest hour – but Balding has not lost faith and is hoping to see him return to winning ways on Qipco British Champions Day.

“He’s great – he’s just having some down time, and hopefully we’ll head to Qipco Champions Day for the QEII,” the Kingsclere trainer told Sky Sports Racing.

“I just feel like we’ve been learning as we go along, and I probably should have had a better idea at the beginning of the season what his best trip is.

“He’s a horse with a lot of speed and a lot of class, and I think a mile is right for him this season.”

The consequences of the coronavirus have forced one and all into drastic changes of plans as racing had to adapt its calendar in a truncated summer.

Balding added: “He hasn’t run a bad race all season, but it’s just been frustrating since the Guineas.

“In a conventional year, things might have panned out better for him, but that’s where we were through no fault of his own.

“He’s a high-class horse, and I’d love to have a go at Ascot if the ground is all right.”
Report brigust1 August 31, 2020 4:35 PM BST
Good news and 10s is a more than fair price imo.
Report elisjohn August 31, 2020 6:13 PM BST
"in a conventional year, things might have panned out better,"  well he won guineas you ran him in derby, sussex, juddmonte, what different would you have done?
Report impossible123 August 31, 2020 6:42 PM BST
I think the logical thing to have done would be to run Kameko in the Jacques Le Marois over 8f (again) after the Sussex instead of the Juddmonte over 10f against Ghaiyyath. As such, the horse is "confused". That's the price one pays for being inconsistent with decision-making; 2000G -> Derby -> Sussex -> Juddmonte.

A possible spanking if it comes up very soft again in the QE2 at Ascot.
Report brigust1 August 31, 2020 6:54 PM BST
It is easy to be wise after the event, anyone can do that. Lots of people take the chance by running in the Derby because you never know. Many people think Frankel would have won it.
After the Derby the Sussex was a good choice but he met with interference and the jockey may have suggested a step up in trip. I am not convinced it was the greatest Sussex Stakes with most people on here thinking Siskin was the lay of the year. Again wise after the event.

If the jockey did suggest a step up to 10 furlongs then the Juddmonte was the logical choice. The problem was he raced on the worst part of the track otherwise he may have finished second.

Now it is either the QE11 or the Champion Stakes. And with the ground likely to be on the easy side then the QE11 must be favourite. And it looks like he only has one horse to beat, if he turns up. I still think 10s is a fair price.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com