Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Big O
02 Aug 15 05:07
| Topic/replies: 413 | Blogger: The Big O's blog
Surprised that she's odds against. Better yet, 13/8. High class Classic winner and loved the Coronation win. Think this is easier. Much easier. Don't blink, don't think, just throw the kitchen sink...
Show More
Report Figgis August 2, 2015 1:53 PM BST
I can't oppose her on form. Big chance of a tactical affair but with her turn of foot you'd think that shouldn't be too much of a problem unless Soumillon has her poorly positioned. My concern was in my view she had quite a hard race at Ascot so at the price I'll just watch.
Report The Big O August 2, 2015 2:53 PM BST
She may race flat, but I've got no reason to think that she will anymore than I would any horse in any race. Ive got her rated high class and the Falmouth as truly awful form at G1 level. Too good an opportunity not to roll the dice and look to get something out of it. Personally I'd have given Ervedya a good chance in the Sussex.
Report Figgis August 2, 2015 3:06 PM BST
I've heard the opinion that we've got a bunch of high class 3yo fillies this year, I agree there's some strength in depth but for me we have a group that are a bit below top class and the fillies are further than usual behind the colts. None of that makes any difference today though and I agree if she runs to her best she should win comfortably.
Report The Big O August 2, 2015 3:19 PM BST
Tip the hat to Maria and connections there. I can't catch her but she keeps getting it done.
Don't think the fillies are out of the box, but they look a decent crop despite defeat for Ervedya there. Doubt she'd have troubled Solow based on that though... Blush
Report sintonian August 2, 2015 3:29 PM BST
No excuses for Ervedya today sadly..
Report Figgis August 2, 2015 3:40 PM BST
Amazing Maria has been difficult to get a handle on because her last two wins were off a very slow pace and even though she showed a smart change of gear many of us were wary of accepting the form at face value. She's obviously better than given credit for but I still think Ervedya wasn't quite at her best today, both from a time angle and the fact that Odeliz wasn't far behind, bearing in mind Arabian Queen beat her easily and Ervedya comfortable beat AQ last time.
Report Figgis August 2, 2015 3:42 PM BST
*comfortably
Report EastLower Gooner August 2, 2015 4:51 PM BST
Probably could've done better if covered up for longer...had to start racing a fair way put and a sitting duck for AM.

To be fair to Amazing Maria...that midrace move in the Falmouth is something only top class horses can pull off.
Report sintonian August 2, 2015 6:44 PM BST
yep..on second viewing perhaps she would have liked the race pace to have panned out better..very similar to the Falmouth in a way
Report Figgis August 2, 2015 6:57 PM BST
I didn't see it like that, I thought both jockeys made their move about the same time and when they did Amazing Maria always looked the the more likely to prevail, she was on top well before the post.
Report sintonian August 2, 2015 7:03 PM BST
Winner won easy...no denying that. What was the time like?
Report Figgis August 2, 2015 7:32 PM BST
Only four turf races for comparison but at least 3 of those were on the same part of the track. Certainly not a bad time but nothing special, which isn't suprising, and Ervedya was better positioned in the circumstances.
Report sj August 5, 2015 10:42 AM BST
dont think we can now keep underestimating Amazing Maria,but i am of the view,the race fell apart in front of the french filly and CS had to go a bit earlier than he may have wanted.That is not to crab the performance of the winner though
Report sageform August 7, 2015 11:14 AM BST
Ervedya may have suffered a bit of a reaction to coming over to Ascot. Amazing Maria has also had a hard season and another race since Ascot but she is a year older. It also seems that apart from Legatissimo, the 3yo fillies may not be a great bunch.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com