Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Navel-Gazer
20 Jun 15 17:49
| Topic/replies: 3,588 | Blogger: Navel-Gazer's blog
This has to be the most unappealing there has been in living memory...so it's a fantastic opportunity for a potential late developing 3yo or an improving older horse to be supplemented and have a shot as the 4/1 fav Snow Sky is nothing to fear - he'll do well to win a group one in the future as he had the run of the race today and will be over-rated on that performance.

He only scraped home from a penalised Brown Panther at Chester...that extra 5lb made all the difference.
When was the last time a handicap winner was third in the ante-post market?

There are presently 31 entries and NOTHING stands out:
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=627834&r_date=2015-07-25#raceTabs=lc_

Where are all the Jáp horses? Surprised It's there for the taking!
A group one pot for a race that in reality is only group two.

4 Snow Sky
6 Eagle Top
8 Mahsoob
8 Postponed
8 Telescope
9 Flintshire
12 Dolniya
12 Karpino
16 Aloft
16 Pethers Moon
20 Kingfisher
20 Dylan Mouth
20 The Corsican
25 Romsdal
25 Hillstar
33 Clever Cookie
33 Ol' Man river
Pause Switch to Standard View King George VI & QE II Stakes
Show More
Report Figgis July 23, 2015 1:18 PM BST
http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=10344724&category=0

SATURDAY'S King George could take place on ground easier than good as significant rainfall is forecast for Friday.

On Thursday morning the Met Office weather forecast for Ascot was for continuous heavy rain from 7am Friday through to the early hours of the following morning.

Clerk of the course Chris Stickels said he expected the ground to continue firming up on Thursday but Friday could have a big impact on the going description.

"It's currently good to firm, good in places and I expect it to be good to firm all over at the end of play today," said Stickels.

"We are dry overnight until lunchtime. It is a question of how much we get. If we get just 5mm then we'd be nearer good, if we get 10mm plus it's likely to be easier.

"The rain is meant to clear on Friday, with Saturday mainly dry. It's hard to guess what the ground will be until we see how much rain we get."

Seems unlikely the ground would be any slower than good to soft at worst.
Report unclepuncle July 23, 2015 2:02 PM BST
I still reckon it's odd-on that Golden Horn is a non runner if they get any significant rainfall - just reroute him to York and leave the KG for Eagle Top.
Report paulypaul July 23, 2015 5:38 PM BST
Madam Chiang ew for me.
Report metro john July 23, 2015 7:43 PM BST
Eagle Top not good enough even if GH doesn't run.
Report metro john July 23, 2015 7:49 PM BST
yes paulypaul, Madam chiang does look the place  bet with or without GH(if soft?)
Report johnnyrant July 23, 2015 7:54 PM BST
Got to look at the outsiders that will relish soft ground as great value given weather forecast. Course could easily be hit by 30mm plus tomorrow. So, it has to be Madam Chiang, Romsdal, Clever Cookie & Dylan Mouth e/w.
Report sintonian July 23, 2015 8:46 PM BST
Most of those have alternative targets, Johnny. Impossible to back knowing that.

I think the CoC added about 15-20mm during the course of the week.
Report Fashion Fever July 23, 2015 8:59 PM BST
if that they kind of rain saturdays cards gonna be decimated

what a massive shame, forget the pw early prices
Report FELTFAIR July 23, 2015 10:15 PM BST
Big fan of the favourite but have backed Flintshire e-w at 20/1.
Report Fashion Fever July 24, 2015 12:46 AM BST
myweather now have 60 mm of rain between 3 and 9pm tmrw
Report metro john July 24, 2015 6:03 AM BST
Laugh We do worry.
Report metro john July 24, 2015 6:10 AM BST
I think GH class would come through, I think he is very similar too Treve in that 12f is not his uppermost trip, and any test of stamina is likely to show holes in rivals more-so than himself,Flintshire without him on face value would be the form pick, but he is the more likely none runner and not that straightforward?, Clever Cookies stamina reserve would see him in better light ,but not in this class?  So GH and Madam should flintshire be withdrawn(and likely)
Report metro john July 24, 2015 6:11 AM BST
Where for GH if not here?, they could still go too America if they are chasing fast ground?
Report Millerracing67 July 24, 2015 10:34 AM BST
ATR news report is that its raining at Ascot this morn, anything between 15/30mm is expected.
Dry overnight & 2moro, so will prob be no worse than g/s.
Report unclepuncle July 24, 2015 2:19 PM BST
Just watched the latest BBC forecast - unless Ascot has it's own micro-climate like Cheltenham and somehow misses the rain then surely there is no chance whatsoever of Golden Horn being risked (from a stallion point of view there is too much to lose and little to gain imo). Golden Horn against Time Test in the Juddmonte is the race we all want to see anyway.

Course might even be waterlogged come tomorrow morning if they get the high end of the estimates (well over 2").Cry
Report Clerkmore July 24, 2015 2:35 PM BST
Play at Sunningdale, which is right beside Ascot, has been suspended due to flooding.
Report Figgis July 24, 2015 5:02 PM BST
As often happens when it rains the effect on the ground has been overstated, imo. Using the fillies and mares listed race as a guide on the round course, I have the ground only just in good to soft territory. The following 10f race was slowly run so is no help as to whether the ground has got much slower since, however the straight times are still holding up well. For me, times can also get slowed down when horses are having to run through downpouring rain, so there's a chance that it's even a bit quicker than the times suggest. From a visual aspect they're obviously kicking the top layer off but they're going through it and certainly not getting bogged down.

Both times and visuals point to it being nothing like as soft as we've had for the last three Champions Stakes. In any case as I said previously I reckon softish ground is more likely to increase Golden Horn's superiority over this mob at wfa rather than weaken his chances. Only very heavy ground would concern me but I'd guess he probably won't run if it did get that bad. I had GH down as a bet at 4/5 or above, not thinking there was any possibility he would hit such a price, so I've had to step in. If he is beaten I think it will be more likely due to him having done enough for the season rather than the ground.
Report sewter lives again July 24, 2015 7:07 PM BST
maybe so figgis but it is just about to hose down for the next 2 hours
Report Figgis July 24, 2015 7:12 PM BST
Still unlikely to make it heavy from the current going, in my view.
Report sintonian July 24, 2015 7:24 PM BST
All jockeys are saying Soft, some saying Heavy, but the rain won't stop until around 10pm tonight. A dry, sunny and windy day is forecast tomorrow so by later afternoon it would have dried some.
Report FELTFAIR July 24, 2015 7:31 PM BST
Money back from Flintshire will now go on Madame Chiang e-w.
Report Stevie Gerrard July 24, 2015 7:39 PM BST
Looking at the met office site they reported a 16mph ene wind at 5pm. That would have been behind them and may partly explain why times of last 2 races weren't too bad.
With lots more rain still to come then surely it will be very soft but I'm not going to guess so will wait til tomorrow before deciding any bets.
Report Figgis July 24, 2015 7:46 PM BST
http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd

Topspeed not convinced

Racing Post times expert Dave Edwards said of the Ascot going: "All and sundry are calling the ground soft when the penultimate race was less than two seconds slower than standard. At close of play its good to soft and no worse."

Most jockeys asked will have been on beaten horses and they nearly always say the ground is softer than it is when they've been beaten. I think most clock watchers will share the opinion the ground can't be as soft as has been made out. I also think most people who watched today's races would say the horses are going through the ground.
Report metro john July 24, 2015 9:45 PM BST
It will be a tricky decision for Mr Gosden, the times thus far show softish not heavy ground, the bigger problem perhaps is that Madam and Cookie can both be expected too perform from not great official ratings?,  Eagle Top is a pivotol and we know soft ground no problem, but stamina? I hope he runs it will prove versatility on ground that does have a knack of bringing them a little closer together?  A good price if you are a believer in the horse.
Report metro john July 24, 2015 10:05 PM BST
It would be no surprise if Snow Sky and postponed were both withdrawn, Thus GH(130) with just Eagle Top(119) Madam(113) Clever(114) too beat, it would be an act of extreme cowardice not too run?Grin
Report breadnbutter July 25, 2015 12:01 AM BST
Horse has had two hard races in a short period of time ,dante was also a true run race ...would not be cowardice ,quite the opposite imo

JG will make correct call ,prob let the owner make final decision ,all about priorities and what he wants imo

of course horse could win well and then its a diff ball game ,downside is being beaten and horse emptied into the bargain ,wont look so cleaver then will they ?

At what stage will they know if a horse is fertile and a viable stallion ? not 100% guaranteed is it ?
Report unclepuncle July 25, 2015 7:39 AM BST
I'm in Northmaptinshire and have just been out for my morning dog walk - can't believe how hard the ground still is after nearly 20 hours of non stop rain (9.00am-3.00am).

Unless Ascot had loads more rain than we did then with a drying day in prospect I'd be surprised if it's much worse than good-to-soft come off time - though possibly they started from a softer base after the clerk of the course watered earlier in the week.
Report johnnyrant July 25, 2015 7:58 AM BST
Stoute must regret pulling Hillstar out - he would have loved the dig in the ground today.
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 8:37 AM BST
Round Course 5.3 on going stick, it was 5.6 when Frankel won his champion stakes.
Report layingisthewayforward July 25, 2015 8:38 AM BST
Corsican n/r
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 8:57 AM BST
Think I'll leave Ascot alone and just do York, Clever cookie's price was ruined yesterday and really you can make cases for all of them placing. I've got GH way clear on my figures but think I'll just watch the race.
Report sintonian July 25, 2015 9:55 AM BST
Dylan Mouth eachway for me at 33/1.
Report sintonian July 25, 2015 9:56 AM BST
Not backed Eagle Top..price not big enough. imo.
Report Millerracing67 July 25, 2015 11:26 AM BST
If Golden Horn takes his chance i would still expect him to win, he oozes class & looks a very tough horse as well. Evens is fair imo.
If he does not run, i would expect Eagle Top or Snow Sky to win it, prob finish 1,2.
Report The Big O July 25, 2015 12:18 PM BST
Golden Horn is the lone true Group One animal in the race. Nothing in there that could match The Grey Gatsby for mine, and he toyed with the Grey...
Report The Big O July 25, 2015 12:22 PM BST
Not sure why Postponed is so much bigger than Snow Sky/Eagle Top. He's got form to match and by Dubawi, a very good soft ground sire.
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 1:15 PM BST
Golden Horn pulled out
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 1:20 PM BST
Looks like an average  G2 race now
Report A_T July 25, 2015 1:32 PM BST
probably don't want to take any risks with the unbeaten record - but where now? Arc will be much stronger field than this - it's G3 standard now.
Report Figgis July 25, 2015 1:32 PM BST
Stevie, when Frankel won the Champion Stakes the ground was getting progressively worse during the afternoon, while the stick reading was obviously before racing so wouldn't account for that. That was run in an October climate and I wouldn't expect the same to happen today unless we got more rain during racing. Anyway we'll have more idea after the first race just how deep the ground is, although we still won't be sure about the round course until the big race. Personally I'd have waited for one or two races before making a decision on running him, bearing in mind how far out people's assessments of the ground compared to the evidence of the times. This is a Gp1 full of opponents that don't deserve to be in a Gp1, although I certainly don't blame them for having a go, and I'd prefer to strike while the iron is hot, things could get more difficult for him later on. It's their horse and their decision though and maybe they'll be proved to have done the right thing.
Report dunlaying July 25, 2015 1:32 PM BST
Dylan Mouth e/w 16/1 looks value now.
Report Gibberish July 25, 2015 1:37 PM BST
Just 7 runners left and by default one of them will end up winning what's supposed to be the best 12f race in the country!

There's not a proper group one horse in the race and for that reason, I'm gonna take a chance with the 16/1 rag Dylan Mouth as he won't need to be exceptional to beat this lot!

Unlike rattling hard ground, a soft surface won't be damaging to a horse...I think it's madness that The Corsican & Flintshire jumped ship at such an early stage when there was every chance Golden Horn would be withdrawn.

PS - it'd be bananas to pull Postponed from this race now as providing the filly doesn't win, this race is gonna make a stallion career for a substandard winner.
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 1:37 PM BST
headwind today wnw  3/4 against
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 1:39 PM BST
Gosden thought the straight course was ok figgis but too sticky in swinley bottom.
Report Sandown July 25, 2015 1:41 PM BST
Daisy Chain ran the 10f h/c in the same time and fractions as Golden Horn on Eclipse day despite being rated 40lbs below the G1 winner. Is it a good thing at York in the 1.45 today?
Report Sandown July 25, 2015 1:42 PM BST
Chain of Daisies whatever
Report A_T July 25, 2015 1:46 PM BST
How much of the race takes place in Swinley Bottom. Not that old chestnut of not wanting to get injured?
Report sintonian July 25, 2015 1:49 PM BST
I don't think anyone can have any complaints Golden Horn is a non-runner, he's worth fortunes and has done a lot already. Juddmonte next.
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 1:52 PM BST
If this had been the last race of the season then JG may have risked it but as sint says the horse has already won the dante, derby and eclipse and there are still other races to come.
Report A_T July 25, 2015 1:54 PM BST
Gosden probably thinks he can win it with one of his others - would not surprise me if the times today are quite respectable.
Report Figgis July 25, 2015 2:03 PM BST
Sixth Sense had the best figure going into the race and unless he's improve a great deal again, which looking at the distances of the beaten runners seems unlikely, the ground on the straight looks a touch quicker than at the end of yesterday's card, so borderline good to soft ground. The time for the fillies race yesterday over the round course was no worse than good to soft and while it might ride a bit slower than the straight today I doubt it will be massively softer.
Report dunlaying July 25, 2015 2:05 PM BST
14:00 Best book 163%!
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 2:06 PM BST
I make it G/S after first race too
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 2:10 PM BST
75.84 2nd race
Report sintonian July 25, 2015 2:19 PM BST
Looks like she was Sandown.
Report harry callaghan July 25, 2015 2:37 PM BST
most of broke sandowns heart when she crossed the line sintGrin
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 3:05 PM BST
Tullius 0.7s slower than COD at Sandown, today he runs 1,9s quicker. Just shows you cant't take time comparisons too literally all the time.
Report Figgis July 25, 2015 3:13 PM BST
Thought Sandown's point was COD ought to be a good thing today?
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 3:41 PM BST
Yes Figgis, if the time comparison was taken literally then either COD was thrown in off today's mark or the Eclipse wasn't any good.
I think today's performance shows the handicap at Sandown was decent but for various reasons it should not be used to detract from the eclipse performance of GH imo.
Though the fact GH was able to dictate the pace that day was a help but that didn't make full use of his wfa allowance.
Anyway my figures suggest COD has run to a smiliar level today.
Tullius has run very well today, and don't think ground is too fast at york today.
Don't forget rail movements mean races are 24y shorter.
Report harry callaghan July 25, 2015 3:42 PM BST
i think sandown was criticising the rating given figgis
Report Figgis July 25, 2015 3:44 PM BST
Poor race. Unless the round course turns out to be a complete bog then Clever Cookie and Madam Chiang look well underpriced on my reading of the form and have a lot to do. I really don't know about the Italian runner so I'm estimating that his Italian form shouldn't be quite good enough, but in a field as weak as this I can't say it would be a huge shock were he to win. I'm not a fan of Eagle Top and while he obviously has a chance in a poor renewal I couldn't touch him at the price. If Romsdal recaptures his best form from last year I think he could go close but his York run was disappointing. Just having a small bet on Postponed as he narrowly tops my figures and I would have him as fav here, albeit without much confidence, think he's overpriced.
Report harry callaghan July 25, 2015 3:46 PM BST
looks proper tiring ground...romsdal might outrun his odds but no real confidence here in a desperate renewal
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 3:51 PM BST
Looks impossible to me Figgis,
I do think Clever Cookie could go well but price is too short now and has he got the class?, I do like Eagle Top on this ground on breeding but then Gosden was saying horse had small feet so could get stuck in the mud.
Snow Sky did win on heavy at Salisbury but then seemed to get suck in the ground in the RPT.
Postponed is my highest rated on his york perfomance last year but again i'm not 100% sure on ground.
Not keen on Romsdal on this years form and Madame Chiang has a fair bit to find.
So I haven't got a clue really.
Report harry callaghan July 25, 2015 3:56 PM BST
jeez postponed was game...
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 3:57 PM BST
cracking finish, was sure ET was going to get up
Report harry callaghan July 25, 2015 3:57 PM BST
wd Big O good call and other winners
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 4:00 PM BST
Wonder how Adam Kirby is feeling now?
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 4:02 PM BST
2m 51.25 the time, that was slightly faster than when Danedream won on g/s. ground not all that bad at all.
Report Figgis July 25, 2015 4:04 PM BST
151.25, not bad for supposedly soft ground, even allowing for the rail movement Wink
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 4:04 PM BST
2m 31.25
Report unclepuncle July 25, 2015 4:09 PM BST
I backed Postponed to small stakes on here at big odds and a had a big e/w bet in the 'without the favourite' market with Billies on Wednesday which hasn't been settled yet - I'm just praying they haven't voided that market with Golden Horn being a non runner.Cry
Report harry callaghan July 25, 2015 4:19 PM BST
should be settled as a win only bet punkle

fozwald the danedream race wasn't run at the same gallop as todays race i think you'll find today was very run imo
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 4:21 PM BST
It's still only g/s at worse though Harry, I can use the same allowance as I'm using for the straight track and I'm getting decent figures.
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 4:23 PM BST
In fact just noticed rail movements make round course 12y longer so that's about another 0.7s. So you could say it's quicker though there is a 3/4 headwind in straight.
Report unclepuncle July 25, 2015 4:26 PM BST
Foz, I disagree about ante post non runners being refunded - it's 'all in run or not' so you know the risks.
The antepost markets are already pretty dead, making post declaration time non runners refundable will kill it entirely.
Report harry callaghan July 25, 2015 4:28 PM BST
not arguing the going isn't g/s stevie but horses have been finishing tired all day, suggesting holding ground, agree the official is wrong, i actually hadn't seen they hadn't adjusted itCrazy so apologies fozwald
Report A_T July 25, 2015 4:30 PM BST
As predicted was perfectly good racing ground - glad Gosden did not win he certainly didn't deserve it. Will probably cherry-pick some soft 10f G1s now and retire to stud unbeaten.
Report unclepuncle July 25, 2015 4:44 PM BST
Eagle Top had patently been laid out for this all season and I think Gosden was as suprised as anyone when Oppenheimer wenated to aim GH at the King George instead of the Juddmonte. He was thereofre delighted to have the chance to withdraw GH and aim him at the Juddmonte, and please the connections of Eagle Top by giving them a KG winner.
If he had kept Hughes on board he would probably have collected as well.Devil
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 4:44 PM BST
those going stick readings didn't make much sense either.
7.3 when Nathaniel won it and 5.3 today
and yet the ground was quicker today on times
Time to bin that stick
Report Sandown July 25, 2015 5:26 PM BST
AS discussed on the Eclipse thread, I was somewhat bemused by the time/fractions/ratings comparison between GH and COD races. Either COD ran above herself and would be well handicapped or the Eclipse had to be suspect despite the collateral form ratings looking solid. I had thought about laying GH for the KG  because the fractions showed me that he had  a tough race and although Frankie said he was running on strongly that's not what the fractions showed.Anyway I chickened out of laying KG even at 1.5 A/P because I couldn't see what I had running for me really once possible threats (like Free Angel, New Bay) dropped out.

The COD bet today paid out but not without a fright.Jockey said afterwards that she would have found more if headed. Maybe, maybe not. Glad she didn't have too.
Report harry callaghan July 25, 2015 5:50 PM BST
Stevie Gerrard
25 Jul 15 16:00
| Topic/replies: 3,280 | Blogger: Stevie Gerrard's blog
Wonder how Adam Kirby is feeling now?

shame for adam 

front running in his first 2 starts lead the horse to being keen when they held him up in the hardwicke of which there was no pace, he was given a no nonsense ride today but i think kirby would of rode the horse the same

shame cumani and the owner didn't show loyalty to adam, as it would of been beautiful to see gosdens smug face as his comments were above and beyond what they should of been
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 5:59 PM BST
On another note,
Should Snow Sky have been given a rating of 124 for winning that messy hardwicke stakes?
Ok maybe he didn't run to form today but still anyone who watched that race could see it wasn't form to be taking seriously.
Report sintonian July 25, 2015 6:08 PM BST
Think Frankie has rode a shocker tbh. Not sure why they jocked off Hughes.
Report Figgis July 25, 2015 7:02 PM BST
I suppose having backed the winner I'm more likely to view the Dettori ride in a better light, but I can honestly say if I'd backed Eagle Top I wouldn't be complaining about the ride. Eagle Top's best win to date was in last year's King Edward VII, where he was held up in rear off a strong pace, then came through to lead over a furlong out. Dettori rode pretty much the same race today, he made his move over a furlong out but it wasn't as though he had a bundle of horse under him and could press the button whenever he felt like it, he had to work hard to get the better of Postponed inside the final furlong, unfortunately for him the horse wasn't quite able to hold off Postponed all the way to the line. I think any criticism can only be made with the benefit of hindsight and even then it's certainly not clear cut that he'd have done any better if kept closer or produced later.
Report Millerracing67 July 25, 2015 7:44 PM BST
Had a few bits of small ££ on here on Postponed, but honestly did not fancy him 2day with the ground turning soft Shocked only just about covered my layout on the race. Looking at the race again a think Frankie overdid the waiting tactics on the runner-up, was not easy to make ground 2day from the rear & personally think it cost him the race.
Report harry callaghan July 25, 2015 8:11 PM BST
think they rode eagle top for a speed collapse as the leader went a good gallop, it almost worked but he missed the kick from the gate...

not sure why he had to swing so wide early in the race and then wide again into the straight, when just off the rail would of been fine and a slightly more ballsy ride up the rail would of won the day for me up the straight as that looked the place to be...

i still don't trust dettori, just think he has got on some nice horses this year from a top barn, some will obviously disagree and think he is back to his best but i'm not convinced
Report Fashion Fever July 25, 2015 9:24 PM BST
cant see how frankie is criticised,

the horse just doesnt win races sadly
Report sintonian July 25, 2015 9:30 PM BST
ET deffo covered more ground.
Report sintonian July 25, 2015 9:30 PM BST
Should put him in the Irish St Leger.
Report Stevie Gerrard July 25, 2015 9:38 PM BST
He did cover more ground but I don't think the horse has the tactical speed to risk going through gaps, as a punter if I'd backed ET I'd have been pleased when Dettori bringing him wide as you'll not get boxed in and you'll get your chance. I think it's a fair enough result and there's not much between the 2 horses on that ground. I'd favour Postponed more if they were to meet on faster ground though.
Report metro john July 25, 2015 9:49 PM BST
Totally bemused by the decision not too run?, He thought he would win it with his other obviously, but pivotols over this trip? Very sad for those who had planned their visit on basis of GH running. This is all part of the game mind. The trainer should know is stuff,I have always been a fan Gosden, not sure we can have any confidence of him running in the Arc now, The Time Test race if he turns up would provide GH with a better rating perhaps? but not much in the way of clues for the Arc, and the withdrawal just makes me wonder if GH is not sparkling on the gallops?
Report sintonian July 25, 2015 9:55 PM BST
fcuk me that's cynical. Ascot received 35mm of rain in the space of 12 hours. I think it's better to give the trainer benefit of the doubt this time.
Report metro john July 25, 2015 9:59 PM BST
2.5 seconds above average time ish, could have watched a couple of races first ,even if not on round course. But the race is history now, I can copeCry
Report metro john July 25, 2015 10:00 PM BST
If I were his cat I would be hidingLaugh
Report metro john July 25, 2015 10:21 PM BST
To be fair, before the race I was watching John poking his stick in the ground, he must of thought this is too deep, Niven must have thought it isn't  going in enough, and I thought johnny g must be doing the weights in the gym, christ it was like a scene from 300.
Report Fashion Fever July 25, 2015 10:54 PM BST
eagle top going straight to the arc
Report Navel-Gazer July 26, 2015 1:20 AM BST
As disappointed as I was that Golden Horn was withdrawn, I can totally understand why Gosden came to his decision (without agreeing with it) and I do believe what he said about if it was the last race of the season he would've chanced it...a la Frankel as Henry did.

Hopefully we'll get to see at least three more runs from Golden Horn (though I suspect just two) and that's gonna be a case of perm any 2 from 5:
The Juddmonte is next on the cards but if there's a deluge there he'll probably be re-routed to Leopardstown - and then after a 6 week break the Champion Stakes.

I don't think they'll even ponder the Arc or the Breeders' Cup...the owner's too negative, cowardly & downright greedy!

PS - after the fav's withdrawal, that was the biggest 'gimme' I've ever seen for a King George Sad
Report sageform July 26, 2015 7:14 AM BST
I have to admit that Postponed would not have been on my short list of 6 for the race but well done to those who thought otherwise.
Report sintonian July 26, 2015 8:49 AM BST
Gosden was happy to run Kingman on lightening fast ground and heavy ground. If he thought the ground yesterday would play to Golden Horn's strengths he would have run.
Report Figgis July 26, 2015 4:22 PM BST
https://www.timeform.com/racing/articles/sectional-debrief-2015-king-george-vi-and-queen-elizabeth-stakes%2c-ascot-2672015

I think Simon Rowlands makes a good point about non runners having a negative impact on the game, as well as the usual sectional stuff.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com