Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sisyphus
24 Oct 14 07:30
| Topic/replies: 531 | Blogger: sisyphus's blog
Thoughts, strategy's ideas etc.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 209
By:
sisyphus
When: 25 Oct 14 17:36
I wrote to Hilliam Will yesterday regarding the The Jumps, this is what I wrote...

I am making a candid request for some information regarding the The Jumps competition this year. As you may be well aware, the Tote Tentofollow is no longer part of that organisations plans this year and its demise is a very good opportunity for you to capitalise on it and corner that sector of the market.

I would be interested in knowing if you are going to improve the website, change the format, prize money, stakes, etc etc, as there was a lot of criticism in those areas.
Having been a player of the Tentofollow from its onset and like many others who are sad to see it go, we will be looking towards your competition to fill its boots.
By:
sisyphus
When: 25 Oct 14 17:41
With regards to this years competition that starts next month. I have spoken to the person responsible and he is sending me full details early next week, when I have the relative information I will let you know the Schedule as there are changes we feel will improve on last years competition.

So watch this space....
By:
sisyphus
When: 25 Oct 14 17:43
That was their response....
By:
JOCI Club
When: 25 Oct 14 17:52
Good to know they are looking to improve things a bit.
By:
sisyphus
When: 29 Oct 14 21:32
They have not got back to me with the new changes as yet.
For those of you that are thinking of spending vast amounts on multi entry perms, just remember the caveat; you can win any part whole or monthly of this competition and not win a penny...
By:
JOCI Club
When: 29 Oct 14 23:28
Explain that last post please.
By:
sisyphus
When: 30 Oct 14 17:29
If you finish level on points then they draw out the hat for prize money.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 30 Oct 14 20:55
That was last season, but I'd hope not this season, as that's appalling.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 02 Nov 14 17:59
Got a message that:

The Jumps coupons will be available by Friday the 14th of November.

Have asked whether any major changes to last year.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 02 Nov 14 18:03
Their reply was 'not that we know of', which probably means whoever answered is probably not close to the organisers of the comp, and so probably isn't in the know.

Leaving it a bit late, and not promoting it that well. Maybe missing a major opportunity here.
By:
TEN2FOLLOWER
When: 02 Nov 14 20:22
When I emailed them to ask about it, they'd never heard of it.  Although I didn't know the name of the comp.
By:
Clerkmore
When: 03 Nov 14 13:49
There must be people in these organisations getting money for doing FA. You would think that some bright spark would be aware that the Tote has pulled out of the TTF and say "We can get a bit of season long publicity by running a good competition with top prizes."

I would hate to be employing these people!
By:
ashleigh
When: 08 Nov 14 10:24
the jumps coupon in shops saturday 15th november, still £2 a go.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 08 Nov 14 11:30
Good to know price not changed. Will take a while getting all our entries sorted I reckon!
By:
sisyphus
When: 09 Nov 14 10:36
The payout and structure are much the same as last year with one major difference...NO STABLE STAR.
You also get two tickets with free access to a racecourse of your choice.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 09 Nov 14 10:41
Think the 'no stable star' change is a good one. Any idea how many horses in the pool?
By:
Clerkmore
When: 09 Nov 14 11:05
I went into a Hills shop on Friday. The cashier hadn't a clue when the entry forms would be in the shop. Sums the whole thing up!
By:
sisyphus
When: 09 Nov 14 14:59
390 runners to choose from
By:
JOCI Club
When: 09 Nov 14 14:59
Thanks
By:
sisyphus
When: 09 Nov 14 15:47
200 sorry, coupon starts on 201
By:
JOCI Club
When: 09 Nov 14 16:52
That's a bit limited!
By:
JOCI Club
When: 09 Nov 14 16:52
Where do you see that?
By:
sisyphus
When: 09 Nov 14 18:40
See what
By:
sisyphus
When: 09 Nov 14 18:41
200 is plenty
By:
JOCI Club
When: 09 Nov 14 18:50
Source of your information.
By:
sisyphus
When: 09 Nov 14 19:05
I went into the shop and charmed the girl into giving me access to their advertising package, they have a large photo of a shop assistant holding a coupon, I simply took a photo of it. The early bird catches the worm.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 09 Nov 14 19:08
Good initiative!
By:
sisyphus
When: 09 Nov 14 19:13
No Polly Peachum, but you can have Benefficient, Le Bec, or Solwhit.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 09 Nov 14 19:17
Hmmmmmm
By:
sisyphus
When: 10 Nov 14 10:08
his competitio will have more entries than the T0te TTF did even at its peak. Last Thursday each shop sent one member of staff to a seminar, they are going to drive this like their lives depend on it. Prizes for best performing shops, nationally and area. You are looking at upward of 200,000 entries.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 10 Nov 14 10:57
hi lads my son manages a billys  , any info i get from him on this comp i will put on here !every little helps
By:
sisyphus
When: 10 Nov 14 11:28
With nearly 2,500 shops in the UK, if Hills sell just 100 coupons per shop (many will far outdo that) then they will have 250,000 entrants. So for those of you thinking of putting in massive perms; for every hundred coupons you enter you are only about evens to beat the rest of the shop you place them on in, let alone the other 25,000/1 pro-rata per £100 other shops. The leader board of the TTF had numerous duplicated copies appear, indeed I saw many when I followed the leaders of this competitin last year, also after the guy who initially won both prizes stating he placed the same entries twice means I can state with almost certainty that there will be many identical entries, Which leads me to the ruling of drawn coupons will be decided by the tombola drum, nnot ideal, hmmmm.
By:
sisyphus
When: 10 Nov 14 12:11
The Hennessey fav Djakadam is not in the list...
By:
sisyphus
When: 10 Nov 14 12:22
Other notable exceptions are:
Annie Power
More Of That
The New One
Faugheen
Vautour
Jezki
Un De Sceux
The Tullow Tank
Simonsig
Sprinter Sacre
Cue Card
Holywell
and last but not least:
Just Kidding
By:
JOCI Club
When: 10 Nov 14 20:14
What...Just Kidding not in the list? Not heard of the others.
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 17 Nov 14 09:46
Can you enter this online on just in the shops?
By:
sisyphus
When: 17 Nov 14 11:00
Only in the shops
By:
JOCI Club
When: 17 Nov 14 19:44
Raised a few eyebrows today when I relieved Hills of a sizeable number of entry forms lunchtime today.
By:
TEN2FOLLOWER
When: 17 Nov 14 20:59
I took 50 JOCI, might have to get another 50.

Looks like a decent competition for 2 quid.
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com