Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ibrahima Sonko
10 Oct 14 20:33
| Topic/replies: 76,602 | Blogger: Ibrahima Sonko's blog
Taquin Du Seuil ran a perfect trial today, jumped very well for a different jockey and the flappig/no effort worked a treat.

Spot on for the pp.

Shame the market still have him at 9/1.

Not sure when i back him though.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 247
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 11 Oct 14 11:11
They shouldnt drop him at all, but we shall see.
By:
harchibald
When: 11 Oct 14 15:16
Bizarrely my post has been deleted. Do you think this is going to be a particularly high class renewal too then ? I do if most of the 'market' stand their ground, but we're looking at bookies hunches as to who will run at this stage ...
By:
sintonian
When: 11 Oct 14 16:10
Ibra, I would hardly call that a perfect trial! Couldn't have him on my mind tbh.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 11 Oct 14 18:37
Im surprised you dont like him sint, Exotic Dancer had a lovely spin out at carlisle one year.

TDS ran in one the hottest neptunes in recent times, similar to diamond harry imo. He is ultra consistent which not many jonjo horses are. Al Ferof won off 159 and i think tds is rated 154, a nice mark with untold improvement to come.

very strange goings on harchi, i was beginning to think i was talking to myself.
By:
BJG
When: 11 Oct 14 18:51
Taquin is off 159
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 11 Oct 14 18:54
My mistake, maybe i have seen the future Wink
By:
sintonian
When: 11 Oct 14 18:57
Exotic Dancer was insanely well handicapped off 139, and then 149 for the December version. Tds off 159 after that run would have to have been 50% fit. I like him as a horse, and Soft ground would seem at an advantage over some others as he sluices through that, but at current prices and mark I couldn't have him tbh.
By:
sintonian
When: 11 Oct 14 19:00
One thing I will say though, with each passing year the race is become more like Grade 1 in standard, so if 10 or so horses in the 150 bracket run then he'll not be conceding much to his rivals so it would make a more even race then.
By:
sintonian
When: 11 Oct 14 19:04
Felix Yonger off 150 is a bit interesting but you have doubts about the trip.
By:
sintonian
When: 11 Oct 14 19:14
Not spent much time on the race yet as entries are not out but I suspect Pendra will be close to favourite in the market if he is entered. Very interesting off 139 for me, imo.
By:
sintonian
When: 11 Oct 14 19:21
Charlie Longsdon is pretty positive about him in the OJA book but says the United House at Ascot might be the plan too. He deffo has a big race in him off his current mark that's for sure.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 11 Oct 14 19:24
I always look for horses that could possibly have improvement to win gold cup or a ryanair.

Like you said, its virtually grade 1 but then again Johns Spirit was a strange year.

If you look into TDS form, it just a grade 1 winners all over it.

3rd hurdle race giving mtoy 5lbs, raced close. Winter novices had Southfield Theatre behind, Challow was a good day for me, told my family it was a cert and if it didnt win i would pay for the restaurant bill Plain , supposedly Clondaw Kaempfer ran below par that day, i have had so many arguments about that, history has proved that Clondaw Kaempfer is handicapper.

As A novice at sandown over a trip to short he would had won bar a big mistake, then at cheltenham he lost to to horse that would beat any horse in slowly run small field. Then he ran well above what i thought he could on his non favoured ground.
By:
Howdi
When: 12 Oct 14 10:51
http://www.paddypower.com/racing/future-racing/paddy-power-gold-cup

^^^^ Betting, as usual from the sponsor awful early prices but it will give you all a feel for type of horses in the mix, this year. Regards H.
By:
boy wonder 07
When: 14 Oct 14 17:00
at this moment I like djakadam and pendra not sure djakadam will come over
By:
sintonian
When: 14 Oct 14 17:04
According to rich Ricci Djakadam is being aimed for the Hennessy at Newbury.
By:
boy wonder 07
When: 14 Oct 14 17:45
that's interesting must be confident of getting the trip I would have my doubts
By:
BJG
When: 14 Oct 14 19:32
And Pendra been mentioned for a race at Ascot but surely has to run here!
By:
boy wonder 07
When: 14 Oct 14 22:21
YES
By:
TheFlyingMuscovite
When: 15 Oct 14 12:27
I thought Present View would be aimed at the PP. looked progressive last season and holds entry over hurdles at Cheltenham so I presume connections are happy enough with his chasing rating.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 16 Oct 14 17:44
Present View certainly makes the short list for the PP, thought they may have tried a handicap hurdle off 120.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 18 Oct 14 19:48
Johns Spirit won with plenty in hand today imo.
By:
Howdi
When: 19 Oct 14 13:27
couldn't do the double / double could he ExcitedExcited
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Oct 14 16:19
I see the bookies have their markets up now. Pendra is in at 16/1 which looks big if he were to run, but obviously we don't know that he will as the trainer has mentioned Ascot could be on the agenda too.
By:
corporal
When: 20 Oct 14 18:35
Took the 11s with PP after Present View's prep race at the weekend. This is the confirmed target which can't be said for many around him in the market, which is reflected in their exchange price. Can see him being half that on the day.
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 21 Oct 14 14:51
Had a quick look at the profile of present view and he looks a very interesting candidate, doesn't look like either of the top 2 in the market are likely runners at the moment. Thought wonderful charm might actually be interesting off his current mark but it isn't clear if he is going to run aswell.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 22 Oct 14 13:58
I'm also on Present View @ 10/1.

Just watched his festival win for the first tme on the Sporting Life website and he travels and jumps nicely and found plenty. With doubts about many others running he looks sure to go off shorter.
By:
sintonian
When: 22 Oct 14 15:29
Present View remains on course for the £160,000 Grade Three Paddy Power Gold over an extended two and a half miles at Cheltenham on the second day of The Open, Saturday, November 15.

Paddy Power Gold Cup Antepost: Present View 8/1

Present View is 'absolutely bouncing'
Related ContentShowcase notesSign up free to My StableLatest video formCheltenham siteBuy Cheltenham tickets
The six-year-old has been targeted at the valuable handicap chase since he repelled Attaglance by a half-length to win the Listed Rewards4Racing Novices' Handicap Chase over the same distance at The Festival in March.

Profiles Present View
It was his third victory from five starts over fences and a first Festival success for Jamie Snowden, who trains the gelding in Lambourn for Arsenal FC chairman Sir Chips Keswick.

Present View, a 10/1 chance with the race sponsors, produced an encouraging reappearance over hurdles at Cheltenham on October 17, going down by a head to Vicente after blundering at the last.

"Fingers crossed, the Paddy Power Gold Cup is very much the plan for Present View. We have been training him with the Paddy Power in mind and he would have needed that run at the weekend," Snowden revealed.

"If you look at the way he started last season at Huntingdon, he finished third over hurdles that day and continued to improve with each run over fences.

Check out our latest prices for the Paddy Power Gold Cup
"He is obviously a better chaser than hurdler but it was a Class Two at the weekend and we would have been happy if he had finished in the first four. So the fact he all but won - and he probably would have done barring that mistake at the last - was very pleasing.

"He took a slight knock at the last which is hopefully nothing drastic and, bar that, he is absolutely bouncing.

"The Paddy Power Gold Cup is always a very tough race. We said to ourselves that if he has improved mentally seven pounds and if he has improved physically - which I think he has done - then fingers crossed he will be very competitive.

"I think the world of the horse. He has got to improve but if he does I think he has got every chance."
By:
sintonian
When: 22 Oct 14 15:35
Afraid to say I have had a poke on Present View, too. I like what the trainer has to say and I think it is fair to assume he'll improve for that run at the weekend, there is no reason I can see not to take the trainer at his word. 10/1 eachway is OK, off 144 he'll have a nice racing weight.

He is also owned by an Arsenal man. Excited
By:
stevo1
When: 22 Oct 14 15:46
Appears good few of us are on,certainly wont be going off at 10/1 if making line up.
By:
sintonian
When: 22 Oct 14 15:52
Taquin Du Seuil is likely to swerve the Paddy Power Gold Cup at Cheltenham in preference for the Charlie Hall Chase at Wetherby on Saturday week.

The Jonjo O'Neill-trained Festival winner is, alongside Oscar Whisky, the sponsors' 7-1 joint-favourite for the esteemed handicap at Cheltenham on November 15.

But connections intimated that Taquin Du Seuil is instead poised to head to Yorkshire for the first major prize of the jumps season.

Steve Broughton, part-owner of last season's JLT Novices' Chase winner, said: "We're probably going to put him in the Charlie Hall Chase at Wetherby as we want to see if he gets three miles.

"We'd love to have a crack at the Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Charlie Hall would seem the best way to see if that is feasible.

"It's not 100 per cent, but the aim is the Charlie Hall."

Owner Dai Walters says Oscar Whisky is "absolutely bouncing" ahead of his likely return to action in the race.

The dual Aintree Hurdle winner did not always convince with his jumping during his novice campaign over fences last season, but still managed to claim three races, including the Grade One Scilly Isles Novices' Chase at Sandown in February.

Walters said: "Oscar is in really good form at the moment. I know he's an older horse now, but Nicky tells me he's absolutely bouncing.

"Hopefully he'll run in that (Paddy Power Gold Cup)."
By:
sintonian
When: 22 Oct 14 15:52
Taquin not running Ibra.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 22 Oct 14 17:48
Looks that way but i wont believe it until the day.
By:
Angel Gabrial
When: 22 Oct 14 18:42
One thing that stands out regarding the Paddy Power is that the winner comes from the more obvious stables.

2000    Lady Cricket    6    10-13    Tony McCoy    Martin Pipe
2001    Shooting Light    8    11-03    Tony McCoy    Martin Pipe
2002    Cyfor Malta    9    11-09    Barry Geraghty    [b]Martin Pipe

2003    Fondmort    7    10-13    Mick Fitzgerald    Nicky Henderson
2004    Celestial Gold    6    10-02    Timmy Murphy    Martin Pipe
2005    Our Vic            7    11-07    Timmy Murphy    Martin Pipe
2006    Exotic Dancer    6    11-02    Tony McCoy    Jonjo O'Neill
2007    L'Antartique    7    10-13    Graham Lee    Ferdy Murphy
2008    Imperial Commander    7    10-07    Paddy Brennan    Nigel Twiston-Davies
2009    Tranquil Sea    7    10-13    Andrew J. McNamara    Edward O'Grady
2010    Little Josh    8    10-05    Sam Twiston-Davies    Nigel Twiston-Davies
2011    Great Endeavour    7    10-03    Timmy Murphy    David Pipe
2012    Al Ferof    7    11-08    Ruby Walsh    Paul Nicholls
2013    Johns Spirit    6    10-02    Richie McLernon    Jonjo O'Neill
By:
sc1883
When: 23 Oct 14 13:20
One of my favourite races of the season and looking forward to seeing the entries in the next week or so. Pipe usually as one lined up for this and is a race he usually targets. He must be considering Gevrey Chambertain for this. Rated 139 so will get in off a nice low weight and having a confidence boosting win lto at Bangor when not fully wound up. Available at 33/1. Too early for a proper bet though!
By:
tomdeane
When: 23 Oct 14 14:35
I am a massive Present View fan but, objectively, I'm not sure if he has the class to win a modern-day PP. As others have said, it's almost a Grade One handicap these days.

His jumping is a great asset and he's a thoroughly straightforward ride. I'm sure he's good enough to win off his revised mark, but not sure if he's good enough to win a PP off that mark. Also, I was fixed on him for the entire race at the Festival and have watched the re-run a number of times. For all that he was a deserved winner, he just about winged every fence and got the perfect run and still only just won. If Attaglance had not been asked to go for a non-existent gap, he would have finished in front, while Pendra might have finished ahead too, if he hadn't taken one of the last two fences with him. On top of that, we have Buywise, who is due to run over hurdles in 10 minutes. He put together a quite extraordinary run and would be a massive threat if learning to jump...

You can sometimes over-analyse, and I'm not one to downgrade a horse when others ruined their chances by not jumping as well. He may well finish in front of all of those if they run, but my point is that he will need to have improved a good bit again to beat some better horses that are likely to jump and travel better than those he beat in March.

I do also take the point that win, lose or draw, he is likely to go off much shorter than 11/1 on the day so can't argue with the price.
By:
CVByrne
When: 23 Oct 14 19:45
Present View was a good bit lucky to win at Cheltenham, blocked Attaglance and Pendra ended his chance with that mistake at the last. Pendra very much the horse for this I've taken 16/1
By:
kelami
When: 23 Oct 14 19:54
Attaglance at 20/1 a cracking e/w bet.
By:
sintonian
When: 24 Oct 14 07:53
Has trainer indicated he is running CV? OJA book says he may go elsewhere even though this looks the most suitable target.
By:
CVByrne
When: 24 Oct 14 09:08
He'll run here. Sure he was bought by JP to do as much. Like Quantitative easing and Colour Squadron before him. He'll go for this then December h/c then one of the Handicaps at Cheltenham.
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com