Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stevo1
11 Jun 14 10:22
| Topic/replies: 3,494 | Blogger: stevo1's blog
Have backed Aljamaaheer good while back at 16s and 14s, hopefully ground will be quickish as major chance as hopefully they go fast and he will travel into race and pick them off. Has decent record at course and been plan since start of season,dont see too many dangers apart from Slade Power seems to be improving and goes on any ground so had saver on him at 8s after last run.
Any fancies or opinions on race at present?
Pause Switch to Standard View Golden Jubilee Royal Ascot
Show More
Report DoesntMatter June 11, 2014 1:31 PM BST
As it happens, I think you sum it up quite well.

No nasty looking foreign horses this year

(I have also back Aljamaaheer)

+ even this far out, fast ground seems very likely

My only unknown: what will APO'B run?
Report DoesntMatter June 11, 2014 1:34 PM BST
If I were him I'd run GUERRE in the KS, DUE DILIGENCE in the Jersey & DARWIN in the DJ
Report stevo1 June 11, 2014 9:45 PM BST
At time of backing Aljam two Aussie horses headed the market,they have fallen by wayside now. So he has every chance of going very close in present line up?
Report deepingfox June 11, 2014 10:32 PM BST
ALJAMAAHEER for me too, with form to be franked before the race, in the Kings Stand by ES QUE LOVE being placed, or being a surprise winner.
Report stevo1 June 12, 2014 10:35 AM BST
Money for him again this morning 8s with PP best price wont last too much longer,weather forecast looks good all set for huge run hopefully!
Report sintonian June 12, 2014 6:43 PM BST
I fancy him a little bit but missed the big prices so going to wait now. If he was Group 1 class I thought he should have won last time out even despite the ride. But then you look at the rest of the runners and you can make a case for the race being Group 2 standard.
Report stevo1 June 12, 2014 8:01 PM BST
Agree Sint not strong looking race,think maybe whoever Aidan runs maybe worth looking at?
Report zilzal1 June 13, 2014 4:55 PM BST
Aidens runner will be my bet here
Report Notsofastmyfriend June 13, 2014 6:59 PM BST
Due Diligence runs and wins.
Report kaycee June 13, 2014 10:35 PM BST
What about Astaire? Had Es Que Love, who beat Aljamaheer at Newmarket, a couple of lengths behind under a group one penalty at York. Beat Hot Streak last year over 6f. 16s on here...
Report stevo1 June 15, 2014 11:13 PM BST
Astaire defo bit overpriced,will wait for day of race for saver, good luck for week all.
Report stevo1 June 17, 2014 12:09 PM BST
Tuesday bets Adaay 6/1, Rex Imperator/Jack Dexter 25/1 & 33/1, Kingman 11/10, Mind Of Madness 6/1, good luck today weather looks good for rest of week re going for Aljamaaheer for Saturday hoping for huge run!
Report sintonian June 19, 2014 12:56 PM BST
First time blinkers for Aljamaaheer
Report stevo1 June 19, 2014 4:05 PM BST
Thanks Sint not sure what to make of that,must have been working in them I presume?
Report stevo1 June 19, 2014 4:19 PM BST
Hopefully from stall 6, Hanagan can tuck in not too far out of his ground clear run go close.
Report sintonian June 19, 2014 4:24 PM BST
Puts me off him tbh esp at the 9/2 he is now. Form chances though obviously.
Report mac99 June 20, 2014 10:50 PM BST
Tawhid at a big price is of some interest , drops down to six furlongs for the first time  but should not be phased by that ,
they could have gone for the Jersey again but opt  for this race instead .

six furlongs might be the making of  him ( hope springs eternal )  ran third to  Gale force ten in last years  Jersey  where he was drawn away from the main pack , looks a straightforward type  and has had a pipe opener  e/w chance at a good price .
Report mac99 June 20, 2014 11:01 PM BST
Jersey confined to three year old colts and fillies so could not have run in it this year , so this had to be the Ascot Target i suppose , wel they will find out if he is a six or seven furlong Horse Tomorrow gl
Report Sandown June 21, 2014 9:10 AM BST
I still have faith in Darwin and today is the day when I will be proved right or wrong about it being a G1 horse. The price available is far better than I might have hoped for and it begs to be backed each way at 16/1. The ground is right, he has pace aplenty, and after paying $1.3 M for him, I should think that the stable hope he fulfills all that promise he showed in the US. If he wins or places I expect to see him in the July Cup next.
Report mac99 June 21, 2014 11:59 AM BST
Tawhid a non , so row in with Darwin e/w  as well .
Report Figgis June 21, 2014 12:25 PM BST
Aidens runner will be my bet here

Which one, zil?
Report roadrunner46 June 21, 2014 12:35 PM BST
SLADE POWER is the one with good pedigree for sprinting, not sure if its better over fast ground or soft, dutch art progeny seem to win on any ground. will need to improve to takes its first group 1 win, only beaten the 2 lengths by european champion sprinter lethal force
last year at newmarket, a higher draw would of been a bonus. gl all
Report zilzal1 June 21, 2014 1:25 PM BST
Ive Done a DD, GLB rfc Fig....
Report Figgis June 21, 2014 1:55 PM BST
I expected Due Diligence to win last time but I didn't expect him to do it quite so well and I certainly didn't him to clock the time he did. For me, he's the 3yo sprinter people should've been talking about instead of Hot Streak. On these terms he tops my figures here and should take some pegging back.
Report Figgis June 21, 2014 1:55 PM BST
*didn't expect him to clock..
Report harry callaghan June 21, 2014 3:44 PM BST
surprised to see the american devil put in at 25-1 here with the trainer change he will do nicely for me and has some decent back form, i think he will like this ground on breeding and a saver on aljamaheer who gets his ground and first time blinkers and open to more improvement sprinting...

slade power is a quirky sort and not sure he will be truly at home on this ground...due dilligence looks like he has plenty on here at the price we are getting after winning a race i'm not sure amounts to much but is 8-1 for the privilege...the byron horse has always been a better horse with some cut and has already had a long season...i have never got an angle on darwin but know sandown likes the horse, he looks like he has physical issues and am happy to watch him win...astaire gets the allowances but his form is open to question and am should they will be happy to just get in the money
Report harry callaghan June 21, 2014 4:28 PM BST
wd winners
Report harry callaghan June 21, 2014 4:30 PM BST
unlucky figg done by the draw
Report Sandown June 21, 2014 4:43 PM BST
Darwin frustrating and I must have over-rated him. Betting told the story re. Darwin vs DD.
Report Figgis June 21, 2014 4:54 PM BST
Yes, harry, those high drawn certainly looked up against it halfway, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Annoying as I was going to back Slade Power until DD's last run. Still, can't complain about the horse's performance and he did well to get the place.
Report unclepuncle June 21, 2014 5:12 PM BST
Only race of the week where a high draw was disadvanatageous.Confused
Report unclepuncle June 21, 2014 5:12 PM BST
^on the straight course.
Report Figgis June 21, 2014 5:22 PM BST
I don't think the draw was a disadvantage in itself, just that the low numbers were where the pace was, which is often the real problem when they split into groups rather than any track bias. Maybe Due Diligence just couldn't go the early pace and there was no disadvantage. I had DD with only a couple of pounds advantage, I had Slade Power improving again last time and looking at the time I have him improving slightly again today so would've been extremely close anyway so can't complain.
Report harry callaghan June 21, 2014 5:57 PM BST
agree figgis they're were biases all week but most of the time where the speed was...except in the big fields where there appeared to be an actual draw bias
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com