Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unclepuncle
09 Jun 14 06:06
| Topic/replies: 6,423 | Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
Weather forecast is dry sunny and increasingly hot so must be a chance that Kingman might not run, or if he does that he will be inconvenienced by the ground. So given that time to look for a bet. Not sure if any of the French trained horses will actually run but I'm assuming not.

NOT @ 3/1 not the worst bet, but I can't help feeling he was flattered at New'Mkt by the way the race panned out - was 40/1 and not even stable first string?Confused

I'll be giving Outstrip another chance (heart ruling head perhapsLaugh)- he was in the worst possible place in the Guineas and I think that ride was one of the reason Barzelona got the elbow from Godolphin. Should love the ground if it firms up and if they put a decent Ascot jockey up the 25/1 looks worth a punt.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 279
By:
sintonian
When: 09 Jun 14 07:57
I think Outstrip scoped dirty afterwards. His run was too bad to be true.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 09 Jun 14 08:41
Hadn't read that Sint? The Godolphin website just says he was 'too buzzy'.
By:
sintonian
When: 09 Jun 14 09:00
It was on the ATR feature with Charlie Appleby I think.
By:
brigust1
When: 09 Jun 14 09:31
This looks like being one of the races of the season. And I have just booked a flight to leave the country at 3.20. I cannot believe my luck. I missed the Guineas now Royal Ascot.
By:
duncan idaho
When: 09 Jun 14 13:27
NOT flattered in what way in Guineas?
By:
Millerracing67
When: 09 Jun 14 14:50
Hope the meeting starts on "genuine" gd ground & they are all their Cool
Not my kind of price but I would not be betting against Kingman myself, would fancy him to come out on top granted gd ground. Roll on next Tues (wk)Cool
By:
sageform
When: 09 Jun 14 15:52
My short list at the moment would be Kingman, Night of Thunder Toormore, War Command and as a possible big improver, Muwaary.
By:
brigust1
When: 09 Jun 14 15:59
It does look a good race. Hope they all turn up and are in top form. No excuses please trainers.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 09 Jun 14 16:26
I think it`s odds on they won`t split into two groupsGrin
By:
brigust1
When: 09 Jun 14 16:37
A race to savour.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 09 Jun 14 16:42
But not to bet on perhaps.Grin
By:
brigust1
When: 09 Jun 14 16:54
I will be betting Felt but not until I know more.

I did notice War Command was entered for the Golden Jubilee over 6f. I seem to remember saying on another thread they may send him sprinting. Much ridiculed of course.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 09 Jun 14 17:23
He is also entered for the Irish Derby so take your pick.Grin
By:
brigust1
When: 10 Jun 14 07:18
Felt the difference is that he is 4th favourite for the Jubilee and shortest with Boyles, Paddies and Lads. Makes you think?
By:
Stevie Gerrard
When: 10 Jun 14 08:58
Surely he'll put Due Diligence in the Jubilee and War Command in the SJP. if he looks like he doesn't stay the mile then drop back for july cup.
By:
Stevie Gerrard
When: 10 Jun 14 08:59
He's also go Darwin and Guerre entered in the Jubilee
By:
Stevie Gerrard
When: 10 Jun 14 09:05
The SJP does look like being the race of the meeting, at the current prices it would have to be Night Of Thunder at 5/2 for me but I'll wait til the day.
By:
brigust1
When: 10 Jun 14 10:19
I hope War Command and Toormore run in the SJP as well and you are right, it looks like it could be the race of the meeting.
By:
Figgis
When: 10 Jun 14 10:33
For me this is very much a two horse race as the betting suggests, although I think one of them will probably win comfortably. I can't have War Command on my mind for a Gp1 as strong as this. As for Toormore, well I thought he was the likely Guineas winner earlier this year, but freely admit I overrated him. At the time I disagreed with pedrobob about how fast his National Stakes run was but in hindsight he was right and I was wrong. Doing a U-turn and writing him off is a decision that could bite me on the arse, it has be known in the past, but I don't think so this time.
By:
Figgis
When: 10 Jun 14 10:34
*been known
By:
Millerracing67
When: 10 Jun 14 13:37
Agree with figgis on this one. Kingman & Night of Thunder are the two main players for this & granted gd ground (think both colts would prefer it gd) & prob more on the easier side of gd. I would expect them to fight this one out, a bit like last years race with the two top 3yo milers (DA & TORO) which was a thriller Cool The rest have a gd bit to find to get to these two. Big fan of Kingman myself & would be more than hopeful he can get the better of N O T this time.
By:
brigust1
When: 10 Jun 14 13:48
I agree this looks like a 2 horse race but I'm also sure RH will try to make it as attritional as possible up front so I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if something sneaked in late on. When Frankel appeared to go off too fast the likes of Zoffany and Neebras nearly picked up the pieces.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 10 Jun 14 14:20
Bad jockey error that day on Frankel imo.
By:
brigust1
When: 10 Jun 14 15:07
Really M? Difficult race to fathom for me. Frankel never ran form, Excelebration never ran to form, Dream Ahead never ran to form and Dubawi Gold never ran to form. Odd.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 10 Jun 14 16:47
Probably the most anticipated race of the meeting if they all turn up but not a race to have a strong opinion about.

Will Kingman run if the ground is on the firm side?
Will Richard Hughes ride Night of Thunder or Toormore?
In a big field will a high draw be a big disadvantage?
Will War Command reproduce his 2 year old Ascot brilliance?
Will Australia be an unexpected runner?Grin

A race to savour but not to bet on.Grin
By:
grendel
When: 10 Jun 14 17:05
In a big field will a high draw be a big disadvantage?

No, it's an advantage to be drawn very high in big fields over the round course mile
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 10 Jun 14 17:13
??
By:
sj
When: 10 Jun 14 17:47
grendal

i maybe wrong,but i would have thought a low draw would be an advantage on the round course(if we get a big field)
By:
brigust1
When: 10 Jun 14 17:48
Methinks it will be a race to bet on. Oh yes.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 10 Jun 14 17:50
sj you`re a star.Grin
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 10 Jun 14 17:54
So when are you going to tell us Brig, after the race?Grin
By:
brigust1
When: 10 Jun 14 17:59
You knew I had backed Australia long before the race Felt and I couldn't tell you I lost on it again because I was out of the country. Unbelievably I will be out of the country again for Ascot so I will have to make arrangements in my absence.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 10 Jun 14 18:11
You`re not a politician are you?Grin
By:
grendel
When: 10 Jun 14 19:08

Jun 10, 2014 -- 12:47PM, sj wrote:

grendali maybe wrong,but i would have thought a low draw would be an advantage on the round course(if we get a big field)

have you gone back to large field races over that C/D and checked yourself?

5 races with 14 or more runners since '06 .... inside 5 drawn placed 5 times, outside 5 drawn placed 7 times

why would there be a low draw advantage anyway?

By:
sj
When: 10 Jun 14 19:25
because low numbers are drawn on the inside(i think) at ascot
By:
sj
When: 10 Jun 14 19:26
put it this way i wouldn't want to be drawn 16/16 in an ideal world,i will flip it back to you,why would a high draw be ideal?
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 10 Jun 14 19:27
They run the first 3/4f straight before the bend so the draw isn't as  much a disadvantage as some other tracks.
By:
grendel
When: 10 Jun 14 19:28
because results indicate so
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 10 Jun 14 19:28
3-4f
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page