Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Eeternaloptimist
06 Dec 13 09:14
| Topic/replies: 38,236 | Blogger: Eeternaloptimist's blog
He said he was going to flounce off because he wasn't getting the adulation he deserved. Did he follow through on his threat? Come back rick and I for one will grovel as you demand. Laugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Where's judorick?
Show More
Report duffy December 6, 2013 12:31 PM GMT
I'm sure if you volunteer to wash his feet he'll be back, there must be a few of his disciples up for that.
Report sintonian December 6, 2013 1:32 PM GMT
I reckon we might see Judo again if Cue Card or Radjhnai Express wins. A shame he can't take a bit of stick. We all get it.
Report ThunderRoad December 6, 2013 2:56 PM GMT
Rick's problem is he's the first to criticise and the last to admit that he's wrong. Other than that, he's actually quite a good judge
Report PeteTheBloke December 6, 2013 4:11 PM GMT
He's alright. I think he's got a thicker skin than you give him credit for. I hope he's
still around - apparently there's no new blood allowed on here so we can't afford to lose
the old regulars.
Report penzance December 6, 2013 4:35 PM GMT
posted on the horse forum,earlier.
Report sintonian December 6, 2013 8:36 PM GMT
Are you betting this weekend Rick?
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 6, 2013 9:21 PM GMT
He will be all over Somersby, which looks like a ew to nothing if you trust channon.
Report ThunderRoad December 7, 2013 12:22 AM GMT
SDG tough to beat in that race. Only needs to run to form of his last race to win
Report alleged22 December 21, 2013 12:29 PM GMT
he,s around as he was on the footie forum last night, maybe he,ll be on here after the KG
Report Graeme83 December 21, 2013 1:01 PM GMT
What did the big Jessie throw his toys out of the pram for this time ?
Report Eeternaloptimist December 21, 2013 1:15 PM GMT
Not enough people were furiously stroking his ego. Laugh
Report Graeme83 December 21, 2013 2:11 PM GMT
Disagreements are good for debate. He shouldn't need his ego massaged. It's only a forum.
Report FOYLESWAR December 21, 2013 2:49 PM GMT
I don't mind judorick he is quite a decent judge ,just has a different temperament to others on here !he imploded on the boy George v joey barton in a fight  thread on chit chat yesterday !
Report duffy December 21, 2013 2:51 PM GMT
look on the aftertiming thread at about the time he joined, the signs were there.......If you want to know what a good judge I am, ask piece of cake that always cracks me up.Silly
Report FOYLESWAR December 21, 2013 3:04 PM GMT
thing is we need different types on the forums to make it more  interesting ,I love debate or heated argument on here but some do take it personally !
Report Graeme83 December 21, 2013 3:05 PM GMT
Georges early career Laugh Laugh
Report ThunderRoad December 21, 2013 5:01 PM GMT
I follow him on Twitter and he was going ballistic at Daryl Jacob for the ride Cedre Bleu (he backed it). Bad loser IMO - jock did nothing wrong.
Report Eeternaloptimist December 21, 2013 5:10 PM GMT
Bad judge blames his jockey. Laugh
Report sintonian December 21, 2013 5:12 PM GMT
what's his handle on twitter, Thunder?
Report Graeme83 December 21, 2013 5:53 PM GMT
Don't give Sint the twitter name away for free. He wants his Betfair boyfriend back. Charge him £20.
Report sintonian December 21, 2013 6:03 PM GMT
nice to see you're still the forum entertainer Graeme. One day you'll stop posting losers. Laugh
Report Graeme83 December 21, 2013 6:38 PM GMT
Give me a chance. They haven't even ran yet.  Laugh
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 21, 2013 8:51 PM GMT
bad fred, even if judo has a different way of expressing himself this is sort of a bullying fred, betfair is above this i think.
Report alleged22 December 21, 2013 9:08 PM GMT
bullying are you having a laugh sonko?

this is a forum! we all have our opinions and this is where we share them.

I for one wish he would show his face for some serious debate on a sport we all love.

judo is very informative and I like to hear his point of view be it right or wrong.
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 21, 2013 9:16 PM GMT
THis is a forum, and we all like debate, i have learned so much on here that i could never repay. I think judo is a bit of a tube (but very talented) but to create a fred singling out a certain person is below the belt and not in the class of horse racing bettors.

I expected better from certain people on hear.

A fred with a title aimed at one person, is even by my low standards, poor.
Report Graeme83 December 21, 2013 9:33 PM GMT
Grow a pair. It's a bit of banter.
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 21, 2013 9:43 PM GMT
If you think banter is a fred aimed at one person, then good luck.

Banter is not personal.

Graeme83
Report Graeme83 December 21, 2013 9:49 PM GMT
It's banter in the context of the comments, as the comments are lighter than the ones that the person in question dishes out.
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 21, 2013 9:54 PM GMT
I see what ur saying.
Report Eeternaloptimist December 21, 2013 11:55 PM GMT
It's meant to be a bit of leg pulling Ibrahima.
Report Eeternaloptimist December 21, 2013 11:56 PM GMT
Rick certainly seems to know his onions but hubris brings sorrows.
Report duffy December 22, 2013 12:08 AM GMT
Ibrahima Sonko 21 Dec 13 21:16 
THis is a forum, and we all like debate, i have learned so much on here that i could never repay. I think judo is a bit of a tube (but very talented) but to create a fred singling out a certain person is below the belt and not in the class of horse racing bettors.

I expected better from certain people on hear.

A fred with a title aimed at one person, is even by my low standards, poor.

You are completely wrong here, the fact that this thread even exists is in actual fact a compliment to judo and his ego would be duly massaged, make no mistake about that!
Report festivalfanatic December 22, 2013 9:24 AM GMT
I'm sure he will reappear at some stage, if not next week then into the New Year and the lead up to March. I like to read his posts and admire his very structured approach to winner finding....don't always agree with his conclusions but appreciate the amount of time and effort he must expend in reaching them.

If this doesn't work, then how about 'Dear Santa, can you please ask..........Laugh
Report lead on December 22, 2013 2:37 PM GMT
on Twitter "RightJudgeIam"
Report dunlaying December 22, 2013 4:25 PM GMT
You are correct Ibrahim it is a disgrace.
Report unclepuncle December 23, 2013 7:56 AM GMT
He was all over the Strictly Come Dancing Thread and got it right for the 4th year running and made a fortune.
Report lead on December 24, 2013 11:21 AM GMT
He really is a good judge.I read him on twitter but you miss the detail you got on here.
Report Angel Gabrial December 24, 2013 11:40 AM GMT
He must take early retirement soon on his Strictly Come Dancing winnings, or he is maybe waiting to fill his boots   when Boy `Jab jab skip` George attempts the Pasodoble next year.
Report Ballydoyle December 24, 2013 12:12 PM GMT
I do remember judorick's posts over the Cheltenham period and he, like I, relies a lot on trends for the festival. Do remember him putting up a fair few winners. Think there may be a few people on this thread that would like him back to follow his tips hence asking where he is.

Nothing wrong with winning a few quid on Strictly either. I don't watch it myself but do believe a winner from that pays the same as a winner at Cheltenham.
Report Graeme83 December 24, 2013 12:30 PM GMT
"He must take early retirement soon on his Strictly Come Dancing winnings, or he is maybe waiting to fill his boots   when Boy `Jab jab skip` George attempts the Pasodoble next year. "

Laugh Laugh
Report Angel Gabrial December 24, 2013 12:31 PM GMT
Yes, he does a lot of donkey work with the trends, like a few others and sets it up nicely for everyone else to cherry pick. I do appreciate this aspect.
Report Graeme83 December 24, 2013 12:37 PM GMT
The trends are alot of bollox at the best of times. I've noticed on occasion that when the trends point at an unlikley outcome, the trend analysist alters the trend to point at a more realistic outcome. Judo does well, but i have a feeling that if he aimed a dart at the ceiling, he would hit the bullseye. There is no way that anyone who says the amount of illogical things he says is in full control of the outcome. He's a good posters all the same, if only he'd drop the egotistical sideshow. As for his groupies, man up and handle your own business you losers.
Report Angel Gabrial December 24, 2013 12:51 PM GMT
I find the trends interesting without being in agreement with them entirely and often find myself using the more solid aspects and then also finding something discarded by the feable aspects of the trends and feeling like i have an edge.

I enjoy reading between the lines and being fluid rather than rigid with them.
Report duffy December 24, 2013 2:11 PM GMT
I must be a miserable old sod because I think whatever good work he does is completely undone by his at times foul mouth when someone questions anything he says....or his obvious ego letting us all know what a good judge he is every other sentence....I find the occasional fawning from people on here nauseating tbh...but like I say, I'm a miserable old sod.

He obviously puts in a hell of a lot of work but I believe he would garner even more "disciples" than he already has on here if he delivered his wise words with an alternative tone....merry christmas but not for me.
Report Angel Gabrial December 24, 2013 2:58 PM GMT
I know Duffy, his finest hour for me was the Boy George thread.

Anyone could tip Cue Card.
Report marychain1 December 24, 2013 4:34 PM GMT
The best bit was when he told someone off for posting their thoughts on "his thread". On a public forum. Laugh

He's a good contributor though, and he's one of the ones that puts something up worth reading in the long run-in to the best week of the year each March.
Report shockster December 24, 2013 7:14 PM GMT
I would imagine we all read and post on here for entertainment.  Judorick entertains me and would prefer if he posted.  Do I follow him? Only when he agrees with me.  However, like lots on here, he does pull a few crackers out, whether I'm or not.

I say Judo "Merry Xmas and get posting you miserable sod".
Report PeteTheBloke December 24, 2013 7:24 PM GMT
Maybe he's just on holiday.

Judo, wherever you are, Happy Christmas.

And Happy Christmas to the rest of youse too, miserable sods and jolly fellows alike.
Report ThunderRoad December 24, 2013 7:36 PM GMT
Agree, have had our disagreements etc. but I prefer it when he posts - makes my life more interesting! Here's his review of the King George: http://racecaller.com/horse-racing-forum/todays-horse-racing-tips/king-georg...
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 24, 2013 8:00 PM GMT
shame the trends cant cover the going or which way round they go.
Report ThunderRoad December 24, 2013 8:09 PM GMT
I'll be interested to see if CC likes going right-handed as much.
Report gutfeeling December 24, 2013 8:56 PM GMT
Good contributor if a little egocentric but think you need to be confident to make the game pay and be willing to oppose the crowd so wouldn't fault him for that(Arrogance/Confidence is a fine line and maybe sometimes we misread others to re-enforce our views of them).
I like him.Although he is off on one lately posting on RP website and other such places with his usual shy and retiring style towards others seeming a bit excessive to me but each to their own and for me he is one who does seem to do well but i don't keep records on how others get on so maybe i'm wrong.
I wish him well with his Cue Card bets and hope if it doesn't work out the haters don't rip into him too harshly.
Merry Christmas one and all.
Report penzance December 24, 2013 9:38 PM GMT
nothing wrong with Judorick,
just wears his heart on his
sleeve.
Happy Xmas to one and all.
   GL
Report SOULDANCER December 25, 2013 3:49 PM GMT
Follow the star....and ask for Brian.
Report Masterminded December 27, 2013 10:51 PM GMT
I think Judo is a good judge and a good egg.
Report Eeternaloptimist December 28, 2013 1:45 AM GMT
I'd be interested to hear his views on Cue Card with reference to the future.
Report breadnbutter December 28, 2013 12:12 PM GMT
once he has  devoured the the kids selection boxes and polished off the milk tray he got the wife he will be back imo .

CC ran a stormer ,just caught a tartar in SC .

Come  on judo the  earthlings await your  guidance and instruction .

we could have mass riots/civil disobedience to contend with ,your country needs you Laugh
Report lead on December 28, 2013 12:29 PM GMT
While awaiting his return why not pop over to twitter and read his tips for today.@RightJudgeIam .Like shockster{24 dec 19.14}I don't follow him but i like to read his reasonings and if we're on the same lines I tend to up the stakes.
Report sintonian December 28, 2013 2:51 PM GMT
He acts like a right t1t on Twitter. Dishes out abuse to jockeys and trainers when one he has backed is beaten.
Report shockster December 28, 2013 5:00 PM GMT
He's blocked me on twitter.  Well funny.  He does make me laugh. Clown.Mischief
Report sintonian December 28, 2013 5:02 PM GMT
There are t1ts on all kinds of forums/social media Pete but I follow nearly 600 people and none of them dish out abuse. If they do I just unfollow them,  if it is unjustified. Silly
Report ReaseHeath December 28, 2013 5:04 PM GMT
Don't think it will be too long before a user sues Twitter for causing the onset of a severe mental disorder.
Report JOCI Club December 28, 2013 5:49 PM GMT
What's Twitter?
Report JOCI Club December 28, 2013 5:49 PM GMT
Thought it was for kids?
Report duffy December 28, 2013 6:01 PM GMT
I can't even figure out how to do a tweetCrazy
Report rogerthebutler December 28, 2013 6:07 PM GMT
JOCI Club Joined: 13 Mar 04
Replies: 20748 28 Dec 13 17:49   

What's Twitter?

A bunch on (unts, yammering into the void.
Report JOCI Club December 28, 2013 6:21 PM GMT
Should I give it a miss?
Report rogerthebutler December 28, 2013 6:25 PM GMT
Put it this way.

If you can communicate anything meaningful and thought-provoking in just 140 characters then you're sleeping on the job.
Report JOCI Club December 28, 2013 6:28 PM GMT
Sounds too challenging.
Report sisyphus December 28, 2013 7:53 PM GMT
He probably doesn't know this thread exists because he has everyone deleted, go check
Report slowerthanjohn December 28, 2013 9:13 PM GMT
I really don't care what happened to him, he likes giving out but don't dare question him! The My Tent Or Yours comments made me laugh, Mr McManus has forgot more than that Judoprick will ever know Wink
Report alleged22 December 28, 2013 9:41 PM GMT
sod twitter its a sad place...
Report Big_Issue December 29, 2013 8:17 AM GMT
So the rumour that he found out he was made of chocolate and ate himself is untrue? (Only kidding)
Report Angel Gabrial December 29, 2013 9:53 AM GMT
I don`t use Twitter but i have heard Judorick suggesting that he is adored by many a follower on there.

He must spend many an hour licking his mirror.
Report shockster December 29, 2013 1:04 PM GMT
Twitter gets news to you fast and by following the bookies you get to hear the special offers and enhanced prices.  There are a lot of idiots on there but you just unfollow them if they annoy.  I have to admit I quite like it, but this is much better for discussion.
Report duffy December 29, 2013 1:05 PM GMT
If CC had won he wouldn't have been to resist posting something on hereGrin
Report duffy December 29, 2013 1:06 PM GMT
wouldn't have been able to resist
Report unclepuncle December 29, 2013 1:30 PM GMT
Maybe if Cue Card wins the Gold Cup he'll be back.Silly
Report breadnbutter December 29, 2013 1:42 PM GMT
or when the turkey is finished ....whatever comes first .
Report unclepuncle December 29, 2013 3:04 PM GMT
Is Judo eating himself then?LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report duffy December 29, 2013 3:16 PM GMT
The bloody irony about the whole thing is we are all keeping this thread near the top which is precisely what his ego will love.Grin
We need to let it drift away.Silly
Report Ballydoyle December 29, 2013 11:39 PM GMT
Cue Card has **** all chance of staying in a Gold Cup so his absence could last quite a while
Report Angel Gabrial December 30, 2013 2:23 AM GMT
Cue Card is the next Best Mate apparently.
Report sintonian December 30, 2013 10:36 AM GMT
I like twitter too for it's immediacy. You information super quick on there. As an example just recently, Lucinda Russell tweeted that Silver By Nature had died on the gallops, but, and understandably, it took 10 minutes for this information to be relayed to Racing Post website, sporting life etc. I sat there watching the Chepstow ante-post market where the £100 or so waiting to back slowly got laid before market was suspended. Flip this scenario on it's head and it was a trainer confirming a horse for a particular ante-post race that you're invested in... I find twitter useful anyway. It's the details that lead to gold.
Report sintonian December 30, 2013 10:37 AM GMT
* you get
Report rogerthebutler December 30, 2013 11:33 AM GMT
Angel Gabrial Joined: 09 May 05
Replies: 15330 30 Dec 13 02:23   

Cue Card is the next Best Mate apparently.

What!!?

Can beat Harbour Pilot and Sir Rembrandt once a year!!

Well that's me lumping on bigtime!
Report alleged22 December 30, 2013 11:38 AM GMT
truckers tavern and commanche court pure world beaters
Report Angel Gabrial December 30, 2013 12:23 PM GMT
Roger

Not my comparison old bean, guess who`s quote though?
Report rogerthebutler December 30, 2013 3:57 PM GMT
Yeah - I know! WinkGrin
Report breadnbutter December 30, 2013 7:23 PM GMT
judo still doing cold turkey ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWFQ6uFUFs
Report sisyphus December 31, 2013 12:01 AM GMT
This is an Ante-post forum and he wont be back until he knows what the going is
Report alleged22 December 31, 2013 12:10 PM GMT
I miss those cynical 1 liners like PHUCK OFF  and GET OFF MY THREAD, they are classics and still tickle me now
Report FOYLESWAR December 31, 2013 4:27 PM GMT
yeah same, here nothing like getting engrossed in a thread and all of a sudden completly out of the blue judo lets off with a " shut the feck up you stupid khant " gets a bit boring without judos rages to add some spice to the mix !!
Report rogerthebutler December 31, 2013 10:14 PM GMT
He's a good bloke

Has donated to my daughter's boyfriend's cycle across America.

http://www.robjonesjourney.com/

Just ignore him if he's not to your taste
Report shockster January 1, 2014 12:59 AM GMT
Happy New Year Judo. We know you're reading. Grin
Report FOYLESWAR January 1, 2014 10:07 AM GMT
yeah happy and prosperous new year judo & all ,
Report stevo1 January 1, 2014 9:47 PM GMT
Happy New Year all, Judo on footie forum not long ago so he ok.
Report Trendy January 2, 2014 9:13 PM GMT
Personally i find his threads enlightening,i hope he comes back.
Report Big_Issue January 3, 2014 2:25 PM GMT
I think he just went out for a p
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com