Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BoxFresh
12 May 12 19:27
| Topic/replies: 934 | Blogger: BoxFresh's blog
Keep an eye out for this one folks who'll be making his debut soon,a special colt,
You heard it here first.
Pause Switch to Standard View Cristoforo Colombo next years 2000...
Show More
Report liverpaul May 12, 2012 8:41 PM BST
I see he has entries for wednesday and thursday.
Report jamesp May 12, 2012 10:26 PM BST
He's the second foal of La Traviata, a US-bred sprinter, whose first foal Crusade (by Mr Greeley) was also a sprinter (he won last year's Middle Park Stakes).  Interesting that he's been entered for a 7f maiden at Gowran next week, given that's he's not bred to get much further than 7f.  Probably one to oppose first time out on testing ground.
Report sintonian May 13, 2012 9:09 AM BST
Here we go again! Laugh

The question everyone wants answered is, has Eric Morris backed this beast and at what odds?
Report Stake & Chips May 13, 2012 9:17 AM BST
No antepost bets until Joseph confirmed as rider Crazy
Report sintonian May 13, 2012 9:18 AM BST
Oh yeah forgot about the Nepotism ''edge''. Laugh
Report roobuck May 13, 2012 10:24 AM BST
Demonic - and JOB won't ride!
Report OnTheSnafff May 16, 2012 10:50 PM BST
Has he ran yet?Confused
Report push May 18, 2012 6:14 PM BST
He looks special on pedigree, and should stay 1 mile as a 3yo. The dam only raced 4 times all over 6 furlongs winning 3 races by a total of 27.5 lengths. Unbridled is in the dams pedigree and is a strong influence for stamina, plus HTNav got 1 mile plus.
Report mightymoyes May 18, 2012 8:49 PM BST
whys he have 2 separate profiles on the racing post?Confused
Report geoff m May 19, 2012 7:45 AM BST
You will not find out if Kirk/YBM or even Eric has added it to the portfolio until its raced won & all attractive odds disappeared
Report sintonian May 19, 2012 10:57 AM BST
Runs tomorrow?
Report sinndar001 May 19, 2012 9:20 PM BST
No fancy entries??
Report OnTheSnafff May 20, 2012 2:14 PM BST
Has an entry in the Redcar 2YO Trophy Laugh
Think the op is a bit of a guesser tbh.
Report OnTheSnafff May 20, 2012 2:37 PM BST
The Writing is on the wall here,massive dfifter
Report BoxFresh May 20, 2012 2:42 PM BST
Thank You Cool
Hope you were all on today as well as for next years Guineas CoolCool
Report stealthgun May 20, 2012 2:46 PM BST
Delighted with that debut. Be interesting to see where he goes next.
Report jamesp May 20, 2012 2:46 PM BST
Looks like a sprinter to me.  Showed plenty of pace and was never in trouble.  I'll be surprised if he develops into a Guineas horse, but a useful prospect nonetheless.  Hard to know what the form's worth.  Navan maidens vary enormously in quality.
Report BoxFresh May 20, 2012 2:49 PM BST
jamesp- dont be silly fella,im sure everyone thought the same when henry won his maiden.he looked all speed,but he was a proper miler when he developed and matured,just like this fella will be
Report stealthgun May 20, 2012 2:50 PM BST
Any ante posts around for the guineas?
Report sintonian May 20, 2012 4:01 PM BST
A nice debut.

No idea what the betting is but I would want 50/1 to be backing him for next years classics.
Report jmc27 May 20, 2012 4:22 PM BST
He is entered in the Phoenix Stks dont know why the RP isnt showing it
Report BoxFresh May 20, 2012 4:41 PM BST
Because the Rp is a joke,unless you're stupid enough to make Bruce rich.
Report jamesp May 20, 2012 5:16 PM BST
BoxFresh 20 May 12 14:49
jamesp- dont be silly fella,im sure everyone thought the same when henry won his maiden.he looked all speed,but he was a proper miler when he developed and matured,just like this fella will be

Henrythenavigator was bred to be a miler, not a sprinter - he was by Kingmambo out of Sequoyah (a Moyglare Stud Stakes winner who went on to finish a close 4th in the Irish Oaks at three), which made him a full brother to Queen Cleopatra (smart performer at 8-10½f).  Cristoforo Colombo is out of smart US sprinter La Traviata, whose first foal Crusade (by Mr Greeley) was also a sprinter (he won last year's Middle Park Stakes, having appeared not to stay 7f on his previous start).  On the balance of probabilities he is likely to be best suited by distances short of a mile.
Report BoxFresh May 20, 2012 5:41 PM BST
james you may very well be right,but i doubt it,
Do you take breeding as gospel?
No doubt you gave Canford Cliffs Zero chance of staying a mile.
Report jamesp May 20, 2012 5:54 PM BST
No, I certainly don't take breeding as gospel, hence my use of the phrase 'on the balance of probabilities'.  It's just one piece of the jigsaw.  Admittedly I wasn't at the track and on TV only saw the horse walking around before stalls entry, but physically he looked like a sprinter.  Anyway, well done for singling him out and good luck with him in the future.  He looks a good prospect and Aidan's juveniles tend to improve a lot for their first run.
Report roobuck May 21, 2012 9:25 AM BST
BF - first and foremost good shout and hope you had a good win today, the SP was amazing. Must have looked in the paddock that would need the race. FWIW I though it was an excellent debut and whilst breeding might suggest otherwise, I can see him getting a mile in time

sint - the chances of getting 50s were always remote and I see PP are quoting 20s. The frightening thing is that they will probably do business at that price and so there is less and less point in having an early interest in next year's races. I wanted to have a small ( fun ) bet on Demonic for the race and was quoted 40s - ridiculous
Report pedrobob May 21, 2012 9:27 PM BST
dosage index suggests Cristoforo Colombo stay plenty further than a mile, not even a doubt
Report jamesp May 21, 2012 10:57 PM BST
How does CC's dosage index compare with that of his half-brother Crusade?  What are their actual DI figures?
Report pedrobob May 21, 2012 11:03 PM BST
Crusade DP = 9-5-6-0-0 (20) DI = 5.67   CD = 1.15

Cristoforo Colombo, DP = 7-3-12-6-0 (28) DI = 1.33   CD = 0.39

Crusade has zero stamina points, hence a dosage index that is all speed.

In contrast, Cristoforo Colombo has plenty of stamina points which appear to make the mile a formality, and could even stay 10f comfortably
Report jamesp May 21, 2012 11:22 PM BST
Interesting to see that there is such a marked difference between the pair, I guess it's down to the Gone West influence in Crusade's pedigree.  But it all depends whether CC takes after his sire or after the distaff side of his family.  He showed plenty of speed on debut, so if he can maintain that speed over a mile he's likely to prove smart.
Report pedrobob May 21, 2012 11:58 PM BST
didn't know what to make of yesterday's race, jamesp. Looked impressive visually, but final time appeared to be nothing special, in fact ordinary
Report sintonian May 22, 2012 8:54 AM BST
drifted from 7/4 to 7/2.
Report paddywhacker1970 May 22, 2012 9:25 AM BST
The runner up looked to have more scope and showed just as much promise?
Report BoxFresh May 22, 2012 7:45 PM BST
Wins the Coventry next lads
Report ST NICHOLAS ABBEY May 23, 2012 10:29 AM BST
I was impressed and he will i would imagine be 1 of AOB better 2year olds however Dawn Approach trained by Bolger looks really good and is also worth following both could easily turn out to be top class ........
Report sintonian May 24, 2012 8:51 PM BST
Korral have opened their Coventry betting,fyi.

5/1 JF's CC & Dawn approach
Report asasas4 May 25, 2012 8:16 PM BST
5/1 cristoforo colombo, value?should we be entertaining some of that?
Report sintonian May 25, 2012 10:08 PM BST
think Power went off 4/1 last year?

We haven't seen what Richard Hannon has yet either

Dont know if 5/1 is a good price at this stage tbh. It could turn out to be exceptional, or not. They have said he will go to RA, fwiw.
Report pedrobob May 26, 2012 12:13 AM BST
time was ordinary, so plenty of improvement needed to win at Royal Ascot. 5/1 looks far too short, should be at least double that
Report jamesp May 26, 2012 9:09 AM BST
The important thing about Cristoforo Colombo is that he was Aidan's first (and so far only) winning juvenile debutant this season.  He is likely to improve significantly for that first run and I wouldn't want to be laying him for the Coventry.  At the available odds I quite like the look of Charlie Hills' colt ENGLISHMAN (10/1), who won narrowly but impressively at Newbury first time out in testing conditions.  It was a bunched finish and the race didn't look anything special at the time, but the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th and 10th all won next time, and the winner is sure to be suited by better ground.  Don't know whether he's being aimed at the Coventry though.  Another one to consider is Richard Fahey's EUXTON HALL, who won a Haydock maiden without his rider having to get anything like serious with him as the front two pulled well clear.  The ground was dead/sticky that day and he may well prefer better ground.  Royal Ascot was mentioned as a possibility by the assistant trainer afterwards and this highly regarded colt looks overpriced at 25/1 if he's an intended runner, but I'd hold off from backing him until plans are clearer.  There's no obvious value bet (like Canford Cliffs) this year, as far as I can see...
Report BoxFresh May 31, 2012 5:19 PM BST
Cool
Report Mystic Wind June 3, 2012 8:57 AM BST
Tomorrow's Alfred Noble at Naas could be informative. Three entries each from JB and APOB, with Cougar Ridge in the mix too. It'll be interesting to see which of these are given the go-ahead.
Report Mystic Wind June 3, 2012 8:58 AM BST
Ooops, wrong thread.
Report push June 4, 2012 9:14 AM BST
Another HTN colt makes his debut in a Listed race today, top pedigree as he is a half brother to Footstepsinthesand.
Report roobuck June 4, 2012 10:06 AM BST
The well backed 2nd in CCs debut runs today in a Listed event
Report boundless June 12, 2012 11:23 PM BST
Cool
Report stealthgun June 17, 2012 11:56 AM BST
J P O'Brien will ride Cristoforo on Tuesday. Little worried about the ground as Henry liked it good to firm and was only top class on that ground. He does appear to be the first string on jockey bookings however so they must be confident he can handle the ground.
Report OnTheSnafff June 18, 2012 3:48 PM BST
The way Bolger talks about Dawn approach CC would have to be really really top class to beat him,
Bolger not one to wax lyrical about too many of his horses,DA will be a tough nut to crack.
Report sintonian June 18, 2012 4:45 PM BST
I've backed DA but JB does wax lyrical about his horses quite regularly these days so i'd take what he says with a pinch of salt, tbh. At this moment in time his comments on DA are probably justified though so hopefully there is some meat on the bone!
Report roobuck June 18, 2012 5:09 PM BST
Though both Teofilo and New Approach stand at Darley, does JB still hold an interest in them? If so might have something to do with it along with how upbeat he was re Parish Hall.

That might be a tad cynical as DA does seem a worthy favourite. Just think he might get done for speed and whilst the Coventry holds more prestige, think the Chesham would have been better for him.
Report OnTheSnafff June 19, 2012 4:43 PM BST
CC ran a nice race,DA looks a 2yo to me,will he train on?
He'll have had 7 starts as a 2yo by the end of the season.
if CC stays,he may improve past him as a 3yo.
Report push June 19, 2012 7:31 PM BST
Why are Lads going the biggest price about Cristoforo  is it because they know O Brien has better 2yos ? Lads go 25-1 Cristo what price are they about THEATRE ?  Bred along the same lines as Frankel, by Galileo out of a Danehill mare. SJ go 16-1 Cristoforo, yet will only quote me 14-1 about Theatre.
Report push June 20, 2012 9:17 AM BST
Even VC  who i have always found to be pretty generous with their anti post odds only quote 14-1.
Report push June 30, 2012 7:07 PM BST
A bit surprised Lads have pushed CC out to 33-1 , it was on soft/heavy ground and his sire HTN was beaten on soft ground every time he ran on it in group company.
Report dj876 June 30, 2012 7:19 PM BST
Agree,I am surprised Aidan ran two sons of Henry thenavigator in the ground but Coolmore still win.
Report PriceLies July 4, 2012 11:34 PM BST
amazed aob runs htn colts on soft ground,incredible stupidity!
CC was beaten by the ground lto,simple as that,run the same race on good ground and he wins by a street
Report stealthgun August 12, 2012 2:04 PM BST

Jul 4, 2012 -- 5:34PM, PriceLies wrote:

amazed aob runs htn colts on soft ground,incredible stupidity!CC was beaten by the ground lto,simple as that,run the same race on good ground and he wins by a street

Me too. He's out again on Yeilding ground today. His father was only special on Good to firm and they should wait for that ground imo.

Report CheltenhamRoar March 25, 2013 10:52 PM GMT
as low as 6/1 for the Guineas Shocked
Report Far From Trouble March 26, 2013 10:22 PM GMT
Astounding price imo.

Always thought Guineas winner had a better strike rate than one win out of 5 Mischief(granted he slipped up in one)

Must be catching particularly quick pigeons at home
Report BJG March 26, 2013 11:32 PM GMT
I av him backed! Nt at current odds obv which are ludicous to say the least, if fast ground then ok maybe 7s/8s! On fast ground i can see him going close, on anything resembling soft he is a million to one chance
Report roobuck March 26, 2013 11:59 PM GMT
Worse than ludicrous. Even if it was quicker ground, why would/should he be shorter than the front 2 in the Middle Park?
Report CheltenhamRoar March 27, 2013 9:48 PM GMT
Well in fairness to the op,he tipped him up before he even made his debut.
Report sinfin April 3, 2013 4:51 PM BST
been matched on here at 28 today so not looking good for it turning out anybody know anything regarding this horse
Report BJG April 3, 2013 5:49 PM BST
Dawn Approach out to 3/1 too Shocked
Report BJG April 3, 2013 5:56 PM BST
[i]St Nicholas Abbey's trainer Aidan O'Brien has 24 of the 83 entries in the Betfred Dante Stakes at York on May 16 a race in which Telescope, 7-1 second-favourite for the Investec Derby, could run.

Harry Herbert, managing director of owners Highclere Thoroughbreds, said:"He has wintered really well and physically is very changed from last year. At the moment, the plan is to run in a Derby trial - Sir Michael [Stoute] will decide which one he heads to."

O'Brien's son Joseph on Tuesday reiterated that Kingsbarns had hit with a slight setback over the winter which resulted in his odds for the Qipco 2,000 Guineas easing while telling At The Races that stablemate Cristoforo Colombo was a "definite possible" for one of the Guineas.[/i]

Thats from today so dunno Confused
Report jonjon April 3, 2013 7:43 PM BST
FRANCE

the price just SCREAMS

French guineas

Balls i was getting excited about the 25s id snagged...alternative to the mighty Dawn Approach..

See you in France Crissy
Report sintonian April 17, 2013 10:35 PM BST
price difference between Dundonnel & Toronado is crazy.
Report sinfin April 19, 2013 12:38 PM BST
just matched at 46 doent look gud
Report CheltenhamRoar May 3, 2013 3:04 PM BST
With the ground now in his favour,There's only one winner Cool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com