Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dooberama
23 Mar 12 21:37
| Topic/replies: 2,862 | Blogger: Dooberama's blog
Must try harder!

Just got my Timeform annual today and the racing post book is due out in a couple fo days:

http://www.weatherbysshop.co.uk/books/betting/racing-post-guide-flat-2012

Lets get this won
Pause Switch to Standard View Tote Ten To Follow 2012 Flat Thread
Show More
Report TEN2FOLLOWER July 2, 2012 10:37 AM BST
JOCI.
If SYT wins this week, that'll be another month lost for me.
Cry
Report JOCI Club July 2, 2012 8:47 PM BST
Good job my luck's much better in the Dream Team!
Report TEN2FOLLOWER July 5, 2012 11:38 AM BST
SYT out.
Report BJG July 5, 2012 12:47 PM BST
Cry
Report sisyphus July 7, 2012 5:11 PM BST
Ten you have Nathaniel in two groups and its still another month lost
Report JOCI Club July 8, 2012 10:17 AM BST
Transfer window open. Closes 6pm Friday.
Report Dooberama July 12, 2012 10:43 PM BST
Anybody else having trouble with the site?

Third time my current horses have dsappeared Sad
Report BJG July 12, 2012 11:10 PM BST
Yup site is down
Report Dooberama July 12, 2012 11:29 PM BST
Managed to get them on at last.  grr [ ] early night
Report TEN2FOLLOWER July 13, 2012 8:41 PM BST
There's an entry in 8th place that has failed to add any subs.
Only 28 points behind leader.  Plain
Report Dooberama July 13, 2012 10:41 PM BST
There's an entry in 8th place that has failed to add any subs.

Every year it is the same story.  You just need to look at the monthly to see how many people can't be bothered. 

I don't get out of bed for less than a grand obv.

We have sneaked one up in to the top 100, so not without hope.  Probably relying on a Danedream King George/Arc double.
Report sisyphus July 16, 2012 5:20 PM BST
Double Diamond King George ... Danedream and Dunaden
Report Dooberama July 21, 2012 10:05 PM BST

Dooberama 20 May 12 21:38

Fame and Glory was the most popular horse I left out, massively overweight the German filly.

Oi Oi
Report JOCI Club July 22, 2012 9:13 AM BST
Cool
Report sisyphus July 22, 2012 7:00 PM BST
Meandre picked up another 25 points today
Report Dooberama July 23, 2012 4:59 PM BST
We are within touching distance of the top.  I was thinking all was lost earlier in the season.

Wish I hadn't put myself away with that So You Think talk.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER July 23, 2012 6:31 PM BST
Where are you Doobs?

I'm 5th monthly and 108th overall.
Report Dooberama July 23, 2012 9:25 PM BST
11th
Report aft July 23, 2012 10:22 PM BST
Good luck Doobs  -  I am joint 7th just now  -  lets hope we both beat Haleemab!
Report JOCI Club July 23, 2012 11:59 PM BST
I'll second that!
Report FOYLESWAR July 24, 2012 6:55 AM BST
hi lads and good luck with your lists ,i used to do a few lists in this comp a few years back ,i never got anywhere near the leaders ,i stopped doing it as it was frustrating and i found it was affecting my normal punting as i was bias to horses in my lists and was loathe to oppose them and would either back them in races or not have a bet in the race , anyway enough of that ,be interesting to know  if any of you have ever won anything in the competition, and does having a horse/horses  in your list affect the way you punt .
Report Dooberama July 24, 2012 4:48 PM BST
We were 2nd in the year westerner was 2nd in the arc. We were leading up to that point, and had bago in the race(was 3rd).  We probably had westerner in half our lists that year.  We ended up losing by a handful of points.  The year before we were 11th.  Back then first was 200k or so from memory and there was a big prize money gap between 1st and 2nd.  We havent done so well over the jumps, never better than around 50th.  Never won a monthly or meeting prize either.
Report FOYLESWAR July 24, 2012 5:40 PM BST
well done on the 2nd ,so close for the win,and  good luck with it this year ,how many in your syndicate and how do you all go about picking selections ?  cant be easy do you all get together and come up with the lists or do you do it by messageing/ email ect.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER July 24, 2012 6:54 PM BST
I won the NH Monthly £10k in Jan 2004.
Been on numerous leaderboards.
Was 2nd in overall flat for part of summer 4 seasons back.

It only affects my punting if an actual prize is in the balance.
Report Dooberama July 25, 2012 6:13 PM BST
5 this time.  I have done all the picking this time,  bar a call to put Colour Vision in.  I prefer to do it myself or have just a little input.  That was pretty much what got us 2nd.  We had a bigger syndicate and too many people putting their oar in after we were 2nd.  Problem is that everyone tries and picks dark horses.  Once you get too many of them in it messes up the lists.  It can easily become a bit of a nightmare. 

I guess if we do well this time people will get over enthusiastic and I'll be flouncing off in a huff about it!
Report FOYLESWAR July 25, 2012 6:34 PM BST
good going to be up there with a chance from 5 lists ,good luck
Report ReaseHeath July 25, 2012 6:40 PM BST
I think he means 5 in syndicate? As a matter of interest T2F and Dooberama, how many lists do you put in? Are they all perms based on a desire to include a set number of horses?

Or do you put in the odd 'off the wall' list so that you're not following the majority?

Thanks in advance.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER July 25, 2012 7:16 PM BST
RH.
I've only put 6 flat lists on this year (poor prize on flat).
But I rend to do 50 or so NH.
Report Dooberama July 25, 2012 9:52 PM BST
Yeah, there are 5 in the syndicate.

I normally do 50 or less, but was feeling flush this time so did 50 myself and 43 in the syndicate.  Sods law dictates that the ones I only have a share in do much better.

I don't perm every combination of horses, and don't deliberately put any wild ones in.  Come the end of the year, you always get a few look really wild without even trying.

If anything the TTF has slowed down my horse punting.  I feel I have an edge in the TTF, but not so much in my normal punting.  While I struggle to bet against horses in the top list, I don't really worry about the horses in the list in 12036th. Sometimes it can be useful, all that TTF study meant I thought that Danedream was too big a price on Sunday.  Other times I have remained sure a horse was going on to far better things long after the formbook told me otherwise.

I wouldn't really worry about following the majority, you perm every combination of 20 or 25 horses, you are going to get an impractically huge perm.  It would be astonishingly bad luck if you got to the end and found you were joint first with somebody else with exactly the same list.
Report aft July 25, 2012 10:31 PM BST
Wow - I can only afford ten!
Report TEN2FOLLOWER August 1, 2012 9:29 PM BST
And another month started today....
Report JOCI Club August 2, 2012 12:09 AM BST
I had Frankel!

Hope no-one else did!
Report REM August 2, 2012 9:45 AM BST
Aimed my subs at the August prize. Here's hoping for a few more days hope..
Report JOCI Club August 2, 2012 8:13 PM BST
Have a few with Frankel / Sadlers's Rock.

Two of those have Trumpet Major.

Which means you can put a line through him!
Report aft August 6, 2012 12:06 PM BST
Haleemab dominates! But does he have an Achille's heel? He does not appear to have (in his most prominent lists at least) Nathaniel and Danedream together in the same list - Could this give the rest of us cause for hope?
Report Dooberama August 11, 2012 12:14 PM BST
How are you doing Aft?

We have Born To Sea in our top list.  If he wins we could be in the top 10.

But it all probably depends on the Jacques Le Marois, which looks a cracking race.  We have Golden Lilac in the top list, but also have Excelebration, Moonlight Cloud and Immortal Verse in others and in lists doing OK in the monthlies.

There could be a bit of a shake up tomorrow.

Still awfully difficult to get past Haleemab.
Report aft August 11, 2012 10:39 PM BST
Good luck with 'Born to Sea' - Hope he wins for you. The 'Marois' is going to be a terrific race and will have significant impact on the TTF standings (particularly if one of the front two prevail). I have 'Most Improved' in my no2 and no3 lists but they are currently 109 and 416, so already probably too far behind! I fear that my no1 list (currently 17th) will be retreating somewhat after tomorrows races but I am glad you have better prospects. Haleemab is going to take some beating, but we should not give up just yet!
Report aft August 13, 2012 11:16 PM BST
Dagnabit! - Seems that we are the kiss of death at present Doobs! BTS all at sea and MI most incredibly disappointing. I am back from 17th to 47th now! How are you faring?
Report Dooberama August 16, 2012 12:00 AM BST
Still behind you, but got more lists round about the leaderboard now.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER August 18, 2012 9:37 PM BST
My only hopes involve Sole Power and Snow Fairy.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER August 19, 2012 3:01 PM BST
Cool
Report REM August 19, 2012 6:06 PM BST
Subbed in Snow Fairy, so in the mix for August prize. Fingers crossed for York, scene of my only win on TTF. Happy
Report TEN2FOLLOWER August 19, 2012 6:23 PM BST
REM, when did you win?
Coz I was mugged for the York prize in 2001.  Due to 25/1 shot Super Tassa beating Sacred Song in the Yorkshire Oaks.  Cry
Report TEN2FOLLOWER August 20, 2012 10:09 AM BST
109th place with 567 points.

Need Sole Power to win the Nunthorpe in order to keep the dream alive.
Report BJG August 20, 2012 11:32 AM BST
9 points ahead of me Devil

Was in the top 20 after Ascot - all downhill from there Cry
Report REM August 20, 2012 7:29 PM BST
REM, when did you win?
Coz I was mugged for the York prize in 2001.  Due to 25/1 shot Super Tassa beating Sacred Song in the Yorkshire Oaks.

Not me, it was a fews years later. Not that it would concern me if i was to win a head bobber. Devil
Report REM August 20, 2012 7:39 PM BST
Main Sequence is my other sub, so fingers crossed for Wednesday, as that would make it interesting.
Report REM August 22, 2012 7:44 PM BST
2nd by a neck Sad

That's me cooked.

See you when the jumps start.

GL to those still in with a chance.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER August 22, 2012 10:17 PM BST
Where are you REM?
I'm still 109th, but my season will be over unless Sole Power wins the Nunthorpe.
Then I need some luck with my middle distance horses all running in different races and winning them.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER August 23, 2012 3:44 PM BST
Looking like the rain has blown my chances.
Unless it stops soon and the sun shines on the Knavesmire all night long.  Cry
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 10, 2012 6:22 PM BST
Thread revived!

I'm 5th (and 83rd) overall.
Joint 20th (twice) and 91st Sept.

I've got half the field for the Arc.  But sadly no top class miler as Frankel stepped up.  Meandre looks to be the one that might make a difference.  I've 4 with no points, but one has been retired.  The others have entries.  Cool
Report REM September 10, 2012 7:36 PM BST
Nice one TTF. I'm on the monthly leaderboard too, but can't see how I'll bridge the gap.

Must say I'm surprised that eight point scorers is enough to top the comp at this stage. I have seven scorers including the top three and like you have the injured Kissed, but 750th is tops for me. Seems that most lists are suffering from wrecked horses that got burned out early in the guineas. (Why they persist in a May start baffles me?)

GL anyhow
Report Dooberama September 11, 2012 12:41 AM BST
Nice one TTFer.  Think you may be a bit optimistic with Lyric of Light.  That and Abtaal have messed up many of our lists. 

Our top list is 61st, so we need something to happen soon.

Top subbing with Snow Fairy. She has come back better than I expected.
Report aft September 11, 2012 4:36 AM BST
Well done TTF - Snow Fairy is a star!
Unfortunately she has scuppered my hopes - needed Nathaniel to win!
Would have been fancying my chances but now down to 35th now and needing miracles.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 11, 2012 7:16 AM BST
Thanks guys.  Cool
Report sisyphus September 11, 2012 11:46 AM BST
Yo Ten this may please you....

Eddie Lynam hopes the drop in class for Sole Power can enable him to return to winning ways in the Scarbrough Stakes at Doncaster on Wednesday.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 11, 2012 6:18 PM BST
sisyphus.
Did he not mention the prospect of me moving up to 2nd place overall?
Report roobuck September 11, 2012 7:14 PM BST
Good luck in the coming weeks TTF, hope you remain in touch with the leaders and get a decent pick up.

SP wins tomorrow and the Abbaye, F&G wins Sat and at Ascot, Cecil sends Beauty Parlour to beat Excel for the QE11 and Meandre wins the Arc...easy
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 11, 2012 8:12 PM BST
thanks roobuck.
Looks like Meandre is potentially my key horse.
Abd Ecelebration might be the key one against me.
Report Dooberama September 12, 2012 10:43 AM BST
Good luck

Looks like there is going to be a shake up with the Irish Leger, Arc Trials and the Prix Du Moulin this weekend.

Will hopefully be still in contention after all that, but think I'll be booing all your horses and you booing all mine.  Saddlers Rock, Exceleration and Moonlight Cloud are all good for me.  I think I have one runner in the arc trials and he is a no-hoper.
Report aft September 12, 2012 5:15 PM BST
Good luck to you both.
My goose is cooked - So I have given up on the booing now!
Shall be cheering you on!
Report penzance September 12, 2012 5:57 PM BST
Sole Power,
TTF
wd
GL
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 12, 2012 7:06 PM BST
So I'm in 2nd place now.

Thanks guys. Happy
Report Dooberama September 13, 2012 11:16 AM BST
Congrats.

Missed the Doncaster Cup off too.  We have colour vision tomorrow,  which is in our top list. It seems we have a whole bunch of non overlapping horses between us.  There must be a good chance one of us has a good end to the week.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 13, 2012 11:29 AM BST
I've nothing in the Prix Moulin on Sunday.  Excelebration and Moonlight Cloud could both spoil my week.
Report Dooberama September 13, 2012 6:30 PM BST
Good news for you,Excelebration doesn't go in the Moulin.  Runners are Farhh, Moonlight Cloud, Casper Netscher and Sarkiyla.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 13, 2012 7:35 PM BST
Thanks Doobs.  Cool
Report REM September 13, 2012 7:45 PM BST
It's surprisingly become interesting. Don't have anything in the distance race tomorrow, but Main Sequence winning the bonus race on Saturday would see me shot right up the leader board (as would a few others). Notice that Lyric Of light is entered in the Sun Chariot in a few weeks time, so a glimmer of light indeed. Shame Excelebration isn't in action, but hopefully it can bag the QEII.
Report REM September 13, 2012 7:53 PM BST
Doh! LoL Was entered, no longer (must have been scratched today). Plain
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 14, 2012 2:28 PM BST
Doncaster Cup good for me.  Cool
Leader, 4th and 6th have Colour Vision.  4th has Saddler's Rock too.
Report Dooberama September 14, 2012 7:58 PM BST
good for you is bad for me.

congrats
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 14, 2012 9:41 PM BST
Doobs, which entry is yours?
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 15, 2012 4:23 PM BST
Enkce could have got some people a lot of points.
But not seen him in any leading lists.
Strong Suit just getting beaten has been good for me as he is in the list just on front of mine and behind it.
If Fame and Glory wins over in Irealnd, then that would be great for me.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 15, 2012 6:11 PM BST
My luck today hasn't lasted.
Sad
Report Dooberama September 15, 2012 10:25 PM BST
My luck hasn't started this month.

I don't think my lists will be bothering you any time soon TTFer, though I have got Moonlight Cloud in my 2nd list.

Rate I am going, she is nailed on for 4th.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 16, 2012 7:50 AM BST
Doobs, I know what you mean.
I really think an Arc victory for Meandre is the key to my chance of winning, as Excelebration looks very good in the QEII.
Report REM September 16, 2012 8:37 AM BST
Main Sequence Silly

Talented but flawed.

Nevermind.

Notice that the jumps book is due to be published 5 Oct.  Ah, autumn is in the air and it's time for some proper racing.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 16, 2012 4:54 PM BST
Not too good a day here.
Meandre beaten, and then the win for Moonlight Cloud pushes me down at least one place.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 30, 2012 5:00 PM BST
Still in 5th place here.

The injury to Snow Fairy is a blow.

Things would have to fall very fortunately for me to get anything now.  Laugh
Report TEN2FOLLOWER October 2, 2012 7:21 PM BST
Danedream and Nathaniel out now.

3 Arc non-runners in 3 days from my list.  Cry
Report Clerkmore October 3, 2012 1:57 PM BST
You've been dealt a dud hand lately T2F. A lot of luck needed to win in this competition as I've found out to my cost. I'm hoping to be in contention for Oct as I have a lot of runners but won't hold my breath!
Report Dooberama October 4, 2012 1:37 AM BST
I feel your pain TTFer.

Not only have I lost 2 from the Arc, I have lost all 3 horses I backed.

Best list is in 41st, so still some hope.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER October 4, 2012 4:45 PM BST
Thanks guys.
I had 5 of the first 6 in the Arc betting (the other being the Japanese horse), and now I have the fav and 8th in the list. Cool

So Meandre is my best result.
Either Camelot or a horse not in the list is my next best.
And other horses in the list are worst.
Report Dooberama October 4, 2012 10:42 PM BST
I don't know if you have noticed, but Sole Power is in the Abbaye.  I still have St Nicholas Abbey in the Arc from my top list and I also have Saddler's Rock in the Cadran (I hope he can run to his best, but am not very hopeful). 

I am a bit disappointed they didn't put Moonlight Cloud in a race this weekend.  If that had run, I'd be a lot more hopeful of making a charge at the top 10.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER October 5, 2012 10:33 AM BST
Yes Doobs, I'd seen Sole Power.  Shame it's ony a 25pt race.  But the going tends to be on the soft side for him.
Hoping for some French September sun....
Report sisyphus October 8, 2012 10:35 AM BST
I think you are cooked Ten, you have no more runners other than Frankel. They havent added the points for Cirrus's win on saturday for some reason, and there is a lot hovering just below you with him in their lists.
Report sisyphus October 8, 2012 10:37 AM BST
Maybe is in a group two at Newmarket this weekend
Report Dooberama October 8, 2012 11:58 PM BST
It would be good for me if Maybe ran, but can't see her in the entries.
Report PIGPEN October 9, 2012 10:24 PM BST
Here comes a mob-handed Robert Winchole
Report TEN2FOLLOWER October 10, 2012 6:43 PM BST
sisyphus.  I think I'm cooked too Excelebration is an overwhelmingly hot favourite.  But Fame and Glory is entered on Champions day too so I do have another runner.

Ideally I need them to put Frankel back to the mile race, but I can't see it.  Laugh
Report TEN2FOLLOWER October 20, 2012 7:43 AM BST
Last day today, haven't done all the calculations, but I'm still in 11th, and have Fame and Glory in the first.
If he wins, and the rest of the day falls well, I might scrape one of the lowest couple of prizes.
I've backed Aiken to win the race, so not to confident here.
I've had fun though.  Cool
Report JOCI Club October 20, 2012 10:18 AM BST
Good luck TTF!
Report REM October 20, 2012 5:29 PM BST
Leaderboard has been updated. Guess that's it. Leader held on and grabbed 2nd place too.

735 points and 485th my best, despite having Frankel, Cirrus and Excelebration at the end, but only eight scorers despite subs.
Report JOCI Club October 20, 2012 9:42 PM BST
715 points, 840th overall. Hope for much better over the jumps.

8 scorers only, and neither of my subs (Maybe / Golden Lilac) did anything for me.
Report BJG October 20, 2012 10:45 PM BST
531st - with 3 no scorers

Subs cost me Sad was in top 20 till then
Report TEN2FOLLOWER October 20, 2012 11:25 PM BST
joint 104th 778

joinr 219th 661

such fun.  Laugh
Report JOCI Club October 20, 2012 11:29 PM BST
661?
Report Dooberama October 21, 2012 12:27 AM BST
Two on 71st plus another 5 on the leaderboard.  If only I hadn't taken all my So You Think's out :(
Report TEN2FOLLOWER October 21, 2012 3:59 PM BST
Joci 761 it must have been - typo
Report sisyphus October 23, 2012 1:39 PM BST
47th for the second year in a row
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com