Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dooberama
23 Mar 12 21:37
| Topic/replies: 1,979 | Blogger: Dooberama's blog
Must try harder!

Just got my Timeform annual today and the racing post book is due out in a couple fo days:

http://www.weatherbysshop.co.uk/books/betting/racing-post-guide-flat-2012

Lets get this won

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 259
By:
Dooberama
When: 02 Apr 12 01:35
Just me this year?

I was looking forward to seeing this one Sad

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/richard-hannon-newmarket-guineas-newmarket-harbour-watch-unlikely-to-make-guineas/1008002/

Unbeaten in three starts as a two-year-old, Harbour Watch missed the end of the last season with a leg injury before he suffered another setback last week.

He was a general 10-1 chance for the Classic but Hannon said: "We have never made any secret of the fact that Harbour Watch faced a race against time to make Newmarket and, following his most recent setback, you would have to say that it is unlikely that he will make it.

"One thing is certain - Harbour Watch won't be running anywhere until we are happy that he is 100 per cent."

Writing on his website, Hannon added: "He is a very valuable racehorse and the Irish 2,000 Guineas and the St James's Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot are both possibles, but we are making no concrete plans until he is right again."
By:
sintonian
When: 06 Apr 12 09:18
Got 6 or 7 of mine decided.

I might not enter Camelot Shocked Fcuking hate these hyped horses.
By:
roobuck
When: 06 Apr 12 14:30
I will probably do 2 or 3 list this year and I actually came 448th last year, I was quite pleased.

Not sure when the cut-off is, but far more likely to include Camelot if he doesn't go for the Guineas.

I have a sneaking suspicion what the most popular horse will be but obviously I cannot say anything at this stage
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 06 Apr 12 22:01
Camelot a hype horse? Surely he's earned his reputation
By:
dtamutants
When: 06 Apr 12 22:42
Not really. He won one of the weakest Gr 1s ever, admittedly very well but still, definitely a hype horse. Roobuck, surely the most selected horse will just be Frankel, no?
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 06 Apr 12 22:52
Perhaps it's understandable but I think ye may be in danger of tagging all Ballydoyles bright prospects with the same brush. If anything this one has had a lot less hyperbole about it than the likes of SYT,SNA, George Washington or One cool cat. He's a very decent animal and all the evidence suggests he is the most likely winner of the Epsom derby at this point.
By:
roobuck
When: 07 Apr 12 06:46
Mutants I can't believe you've just told everyone - was looking for an edge Laugh
By:
REM
When: 11 Apr 12 16:22
Nobody wins putting in the ten most obvious horses (and if you did would probably have to share the prize) and nobody wins by leaving them all out either. I like to take on a fancied horse that I expect to be popular and hope will be a flop. Haven't found my target yet. Waiting to see how the guineas shape up before deciding on my general approach. Nothing like knowing a horse is fit and well.
By:
Chad Collins number wan
When: 12 Apr 12 09:50
the flat comp is fecking impossible, 3yos a total lottery at the time you need to put the entries in, and total guesswork.  winner of derby and the arc not even in the comp last year.  That said, will probably fling a few lines of randoms at it!  how do folk structure their lines in this one, last year I went something like this...

1 x 3yo m miler
1 x 3yo f miler
1 x older horse miler
1 x 3yo m middle distance
1 x 3yo f middle distance
2 x older horses middle distance
1 x sprinter
2 x others, drawn from above + the odd cup horse
By:
REM
When: 18 Apr 12 09:35
Horses are listed on the TTF site and rules (seems to be the same format).

Agree with the previous post that the comp does have its flaws, but the TTF is a long habbit to kick.
By:
sintonian
When: 18 Apr 12 22:16
It doesn't matter if the classics winners come out of nowhere like last year as it means other entrants wont have them either.

I try and avoid the sprinters tbh, they are far to inconsistent unless you have a superstar like Starspanlgedbanner or Black Caviar.

6 3yo's
4 older horses

that'll do.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 21 Apr 12 09:00
Just an observation...if you hae the TTF book (mine just came through the door), look at the photo on page 127. The lady in the picture has huge telescopic arms!!
By:
JOCI Club
When: 28 Apr 12 11:27
So You Think......when do you think he'll be shipped off to Australia, and would he be a viable Ten to Follow selection?
By:
TEN2FOLLOWER
When: 30 Apr 12 16:34
I've got my lists readyish.

Happy
By:
JOCI Club
When: 30 Apr 12 20:16
Me too! Bit of tinkering and re-balancing required.
By:
bigblobby
When: 01 May 12 09:16
for me its
5or6 older horses between  mile mile an half
4or5 fanced 3year olds
best ive ever done over years thou is
5 or 6 near misses for monthly prizes
Plain
By:
RockMonkey
When: 02 May 12 20:32
TTF Book says entries in by noon on Friday 4th May but website noon on the 5th, which obviously makes more sense.
Be interesting if anyone with an early entry had a crucial winner on the Friday come the shake-up!
Hard to claim a misprint as it is the actual day, ie Friday, which is stated, not just the date in isolation.
By:
roobuck
When: 03 May 12 08:53
Postal entries need to arrive by noon Friday.

Online entries need to completed by noon Saturday. All pretty straightforward to me
By:
REM
When: 03 May 12 09:47
Beauty Parlour a serious omission. And Kesampour.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 03 May 12 19:08
roobuck 03 May 12 09:53 
Postal entries need to arrive by noon Friday.

Online entries need to completed by noon Saturday. All pretty straightforward to me

It's not clear to me if the book says online entries due noon Friday.
By:
roobuck
When: 03 May 12 19:57
OK fair comment and apologies - don't use the book myself.

Just that is what is written in the paper
By:
Dooberama
When: 03 May 12 20:19
So You Think......when do you think he'll be shipped off to Australia, and would he be a viable Ten to Follow selection?

Nah. It would be terrible,he is only expected to race once more.

Is going to be frustrating if they put him in two 50 pointers and he binks them obviously.
By:
acey deucy
When: 03 May 12 20:45
All done and dusted,11 lists and didn't include Frankel in one.
Have been hooked on this Comp since it began and did finish second in a Monthly once.
Good Luck All.
By:
Dooberama
When: 03 May 12 21:50
All done and dusted,11 lists and didn't include Frankel in one.

Thinly disguised I have £110 to burn post ;)
By:
JOCI Club
When: 03 May 12 21:52
Dooberama - how well informed is your comment on So You Think only having one run before off to Oz?
By:
Dooberama
When: 03 May 12 22:06
Unfortunately I am clueless but read this

http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/news/bloodstock/so-you-think-heading-for-australian-stud-duties/1014331/

COOLMORE Stud has confirmed the imminent retirement of So You Think to stand at stud in Australia.

The eight-time Group1 winner will head into quarantine "in a few weeks time"  according to a statement from Coolmore.

H0wever, the statement appeared to leave the door open for one final race in Europe.

It said:  "So You Think will join the roster at Coolmore Australia in September at the end of his racing career, alongside Musir, Uncle Mo & Zoffany."

The six-year-oldson of High Chapparal, a top level winner in both hemispheres, was last seen out when fourth in the Dubai World Cup.

He has these entries

19May12  3:45  (Early closer) at Newbury, JLT Lockinge Stakes (British Champions Series) (Group 1)   

27May12  3:10  (Early closer) at Curragh, Tattersalls Gold Cup (Group 1)   

2Jun12  2:40  (Early closer) at Epsom, Diamond Jubilee Coronation Cup (Sponsored By Investec) (Group 1)   

19Jun12  2:30  (Early closer) at Ascot, Queen Anne Stakes (British Champions Series) (Group 1)   

20Jun12  3:45  (Early closer) at Ascot, 150th Anniversary of Prince of Wales's Stakes (British Champions Series) (Group 1)   

7Jul12  3:10  (Early closer) at Sandown, Coral-Eclipse (British Champions Series) (Group 1)

As I say it will be very bad for me if he wins the prince of wales and the coral eclipse.  I expect he could meet Frankel in the former and in the Lockinge.
By:
REM
When: 03 May 12 22:14
The percentage call for me is to ditch So You Think.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 03 May 12 22:20
Thanks
By:
REM
When: 03 May 12 22:30
Only 249 to worry about now. A few more brave decisions and I might get that down to 200.
By:
Chad Collins number wan
When: 04 May 12 07:52
Just the 5 for this one for me, looking forward to it, not running a syndicate for my pals though as am nowhere near as plugged into the flat as I am to the jumps!  Good luck to all..,
By:
REM
When: 04 May 12 11:13
Moonstone Magic & Mashoora omissions too.Plain
By:
acey deucy
When: 04 May 12 11:57
I would love to know how many lists Robert Winchole is doing,about 10 Grands worth is my guess.
By:
penzance
When: 04 May 12 13:25
Moonstone Magic not in because did'nt
run as a 2yr old.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 04 May 12 15:15
Just put in my 4 lists for the comp 2day online, hopefully it will be a bit of gd luck fun. Gd luck all.
By:
REM
When: 04 May 12 18:36
Moonstone Magic not in because did'nt
run as a 2yr old.

Yep, take your point.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 04 May 12 23:19
Just finished entering our lists. One horse I'm looking forward to seeing picking up points for us is Beaten Up.
By:
TEN2FOLLOWER
When: 05 May 12 07:26
All done here.  Happy
By:
JOCI Club
When: 05 May 12 11:56
All done too. Hopefully all will not be in tatters by the end of tomorrow!
By:
REM
When: 05 May 12 12:25
Put a few lists in. Almost didn't bother. Found the 3yos very hard to weigh up. Big on fillies for the first time.

Good luck everyone.
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com