Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sintonian
19 Dec 11 12:19
| Topic/replies: 28,171 | Blogger: sintonian's blog
I cant help but feel this is a cracking eachway bet at the price.

His weight carrying performance last time out Newbury looked good at the time but even better now the runner-up, Empire Levant, has been assessed properly and Raya Star winning the ultra-competitive Ladbroke Hurdle at the weekend.

ROR's form figures at Cheltenham, including bumpers, reads 122. The two defeats came against Bobs Worth and First Lieutenant.

Now, have they just realised that perhaps, ROR wants a strongly run 2 miles and not 21f ? If that is the case, then his defeats behind Bobs Worth and First Liue are more creditable, as they both stay the trip strongly.

ROR's next run is expected to be the Xmas Hurdle .. 2 miles over a quick track.

AGE - as much as I am a fan of Grandouet, and the form of the Triumph looks very solid, the record of 5yo's in the big one is very poor. You can point to Katchit winning recently, but I see him a fortunate winner, as Sizing Europe was cantering all over the field before breaking down with a back injury.

Evidence .. Punjabi beaten in the CH at 5yo, but wins it the following season at 6. Binoculare and Celetial Halo both beaten in it at 5yo, but Bino wins a year later. For this reason I could not have Grandouuet,Unaccompanied or Zarkander for the big one in March.

I am a massive fan of Spirit Son, and backed him before the injury hiccups news, which I now regret. But if he manages to have TWO runs before March, he'll have a big chance.

We all know HF is the one to beat, but I personally dont know anyone backing him at 9/4, and if you are, you're a muppet. He has missed 2 of the last 3 Festivals.

Oscars Well remains open to further improvement and is getting there with each run, but dont see him as the winner tbh.
Pause Switch to Standard View Rock on Ruby 16/1 EW for the Champion.
Show More
Report willie the milk December 22, 2011 7:00 PM GMT
Not sure a tight 2ml round Kempton will suit ROR. That said, if he were to win, and win well, he would be about a 6-1 shot, or less. With all the adverse rumours with HF, he could be a good bet.
Not interested in Zarkandar. Only reason is 5yo record in the CH is horrendous.
Report asparagus10 December 22, 2011 8:51 PM GMT
ROR travelled so well at Newbury and the form has been franked,solid ew bet at 16s just taken a bit myself will be halfed if win the xmas hurdle. stamina is key in the champ and he defo stays well, jumps and travels. the 5yo stat doesnt lie, HF is fragile and cant tell me he is keeping it under wraps there is something not right. ROR is the value in the ante post market, good enough to win and a ew price
Report buddeliea December 26, 2011 2:56 PM GMT
Well both Bino and ROR are no longer 16,s after that.
Grat race and both horses showed they are CH contenders this season.
Report BJG December 26, 2011 3:02 PM GMT
disagree but a game of opinions i suppose Devil

Cant have either of them within a stone of winnin a CH - ROR had the perfect position the whole way round with race run to suit and stil could nt win - and i backeed it, very disappointed to be outbattled by Bino
Report Dark Destroyer December 26, 2011 3:05 PM GMT
I'm with BJG on this. Even if ROR had jumped the last cleanly and probably won by a length or so the form is still some way off what is needed to beat Grandouet let alone the Fly (and whatever else Henderson comes up with), Cheltenham should suit better though.
Report Dark Destroyer December 26, 2011 3:09 PM GMT
Sorry forget the Grandouet reference, for some reason I thought Overturn finished much closer. Too busy concentrating on the first two. Far too much racing today Laugh
Report strontium December 26, 2011 3:09 PM GMT
Agree entirely BJG - I'll be very surprised if there's a Champion Hurdler in there.
Report buddeliea December 26, 2011 3:10 PM GMT
They are contenders,never said they win.
Depends what turns up on the day,at the moment we aint seen 3 of the fancied runners!!
Bino loves Cheltenham and always runs well there,and ROR is an improver.
Personally happy with having Bino e/w at 16.
Report Rod Tidwell December 26, 2011 3:26 PM GMT
Thats two major races that ROR appeared likely to win only to be run down on the run in - hardly what's wanted to win the main prize imo
Report unclepuncle December 26, 2011 3:42 PM GMT
If HF dosen't turn up then they are both in the mix, but tbh it would have to be a poor Champion Hurdle for either to win - though barring HF it does look decidely average this year so I wouldn't rip up your antepost tickets just yet.
Report tomdeane December 26, 2011 4:05 PM GMT
Binocular is clearly a horse that is very hard to keep right for any length of time. As well as countless niggling injuries he has had allergic reactions, back spasms etc... I would be inclined to think there is just something physiologically abnormal about him and as such that is why he tends to be in and out, at least in terms of showing flashes of brilliance around generally disappointing efforts.

For that reason you could never weigh in too heavily on him, in my opinion, but for the same reason, he is always worth an interest at double figure prices because I do still believe the ability is there. It's just whether or not his body is right when the big day comes. That said, I doubt even a peak form Binocular could live with the Hurricane but he is of course another one that isn't the easiest to train so to bank on him arriving in great nick in mid-March is no safe bet either.
Report tinkler December 26, 2011 4:07 PM GMT
I don't think the race suited ROR and that he ran well. Come cheltenham on G/s I'd be surprised if he didn't finish in front of Binocular and apart from HF  he has as good a chance as any.
Report sintonian December 26, 2011 4:08 PM GMT
He may not be CH class but for me running Binocular to a head finish is a step-up from last time out at Newbury off 145. And this was despite hitting the last hurdle. After that he was half a length down but by the finish line had closed to a head, so he did at least show his ability to battle back.

He needs to progress obviously but he is and think Cheltenham will suit better.
Report strontium December 26, 2011 4:41 PM GMT
Binocular is clearly not the same horse he was when he won the Champion. Indeed he was much more impressive in the last Christmas Hurdle than this one. IMO he was a stone plus off his best today. However, the Champion is increasingly looking like a one horse race. But if that horse doesn't turn up, it could be very competetive, if a weak renewal.
Report sintonian December 26, 2011 6:22 PM GMT
Binocular beat Rock On Ruby by a neck in a thrilling renewal of the Grade One williamhill.com Christmas Hurdle at Kempton on Boxing Day.

Nicky Henderson's seven-year-old was bidding for a second win in the race this year as he won last season's delayed contest in January and he was well-backed to do so, going off the 5/4 favourite.

Yet backers were made to sweat as Rock On Ruby looked the most likely to prevail until a mistake at the final flight checked his rhythm ever so slightly.

It was enough for champion jockey AP McCoy to get a winning tune out of Binocular who took it up in the closing stages and hung on from a rallying Rock On Ruby.

Overturn took them along but he was beaten in the home straight and was eight lengths behind in third at the line.

Sky Bet cut Binocular and Rock On Ruby to 10/1 from 14s for the Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham in March.

McCoy said: "It was great he won and full credit to Rock On Ruby as he's an improving horse and took it up to him.

"It was brilliant he won, but I just feel he's a long way off the horse that won the Champion Hurdle.

"He's got plenty of issues and problems and whether it's stopping him from fulfilling his real potential I don't know.

"He's inclined not to race as keenly as he did before, but I was just disappointed he wasn't giving me the same feel he has in the past."

Henderson said: "He's still got a bit to find, even though he has done it well and I am chuffed to bits with him.

"AP (McCoy) said, he was half hoping the horse would be off the bridle going down the back because they would go so quick and that is the way it turned out.

"When he really does jump he is terrific and he winged the last, although it took him time to get there.

"Fair play to him, he has beaten Overturn far enough today but you have to keep piling the work into him so I still think there is room for improvement.

"I was talking to JP (McManus, owner) the other day and we really do want to campaign the horse this season.

"We might dodge the Sandown race (Contenders Hurdle) but I certainly hope to give him another run somewhere before the Champion Hurdle."

Paul Nicholls said of Rock On Ruby: "I just wish I could get him hurdling a bit more sharply, but it was still a great race.

"I think Cheltenham will suit him a bit better.

"I don't know what I'll do, whether I'll find another race somewhere, but I've got to find options for Zarkandar and Brampour too. Maybe we'll run all three (in the Champion)."

Beryl McCain, representing her son, Donald, said of Overturn: "He has run another cracker. I'm not sure what Donald will do with him but he might have a bit of a break now as he has been quite busy."
Report Masterminded December 26, 2011 10:02 PM GMT
Think all should take their chance but I struggle to see any of them quite having the speed or class required to win a CH. Binocular not the same horse of old and I was disappointed to see all of them so hard at work so far out. Grandouet would have pissed up in that today.
Report BornToWin December 26, 2011 10:39 PM GMT
Having an interest in ROR my reaction was of disappointment, then i see he has shortened up. Will need to improve a fair bit and prefer Cheltenham to even make the frame. Binocular is an enigma and APs comments afterwards hardly inspire confidence in either of them.
Report judorick December 26, 2011 10:43 PM GMT
ROR might improve for a very fast pace that big handicap at newbury looks ideal

strangely you don't always get it in the CH though
Report jair1970 December 26, 2011 11:24 PM GMT
Am I th only person who thinks McCoy is taking the company line here?

The way he spoke you'd imagine he'd just got beaten, not pluckily held off a top class animal in a thriller.

What was that about Binocular's owner being abit of a punter?

Thought neither animal harmed their credentials there, quite the opposite.  They beat Overturn 8l there, Grandouet beat him 4l.  I'd take either of those two against Grandouet any day.
Report BornToWin December 26, 2011 11:39 PM GMT
Fair point jar, it wouldn't be a new trick screwing the punters over with this animal.
Report Masterminded December 26, 2011 11:48 PM GMT
I'm a huge Binocular fan and have been from the start but I'm not kidding myself. He's not the horse of old. Also a big fan of Rock On Ruby as I've followed him from his bumper days. The race today was in the low 160's. A horse with any kind of speed/class needed to run well in the CH would have hosed up off of Overturn's pace. He literally set the race up like a pacemaker before fading. Grandouet would have walked this race imo.
Report buddeliea December 27, 2011 8:39 AM GMT
Grandouet getting 4lb from Overturn and beat him 4 lengths does not scream to me he would have walked it yesterday.

Hes an improving horse for sure but has had only 1 run against opposition that might turn up in the CH,and i dont see Overturn or Brampour as reasons to say hes better than Bino or ROR.
Would not dismiss either horse,particularly e/w, and lets face it we have doubts about HF,Spirit and Zark.
Report judorick December 27, 2011 9:42 AM GMT
Yeah, other than those 3 you mention all these horses are right in the mix
Report sintonian December 27, 2011 9:56 AM GMT
Jair, thought exactly the same thing at the time. Reminded me of how he spoke after that infamous race at Sandown, not last season but the season before, when Bino was going to be ruled out due to back problems etc.

Listening to APMcoy is a very dangerous game imo. NJH seemed more positive, fwiw.
Report trev w December 27, 2011 1:19 PM GMT
agree with whats been said by jair & judo....defo think ap had a price in mind for jp @ the festival with his comments...

would,nt beat fly...but who knows with that one....and after that its very open.
Report sintonian December 30, 2011 9:06 PM GMT
Sounds like Nicholls thinks ROR is his No.1 hope for March,imo.

At the start of the season, Zarkandar was obviously my leading contender for the Champion Hurdle.

But we have been lucky enough to have Rock On Ruby and, to a lesser extent, Brampour confirm themselves as contenders for the race during the season. So it is very heartening that we have three possibles for the Champion Hurdle, the race that has so far eluded me that I most want to win.

Who knows, Rock On Ruby may have been far shorter in the betting (he is currently 14 on Betfair) had he jumped the final flight cleanly in the Christmas Hurdle on Boxing Day. But in any event you have to be thrilled with his neck second to Binocular there, with a further 8 lengths back to such a good yardstick in Overturn. He has come a long way in his two runs this season, and we know Cheltenham suits him well. The current plan is to go straight to the Festival with him.
Report strontium December 31, 2011 12:28 AM GMT
It doesn't look great form to me Sint. Binocular looks a stone plus off his carerr best (and nowhere near as good as in the last Christmas Hurdle). Overturn is a tough and adnmirable horse but surely needs a rest after a series of hard races in quick succession (with this being the 2nd or 3rd afterthought race).

I'm sure RoR can improve but he'll have to, and he probably won't have Ruby at the Festival. And much as I admire Nicholls as a magnificnt trainer of steeplechasers, I have far less belief in his hurdlers.
Report sintonian December 31, 2011 9:19 AM GMT
ROR is out of novice company though Strontium. If he was beating the best he'd not be a 10/1 chance.

I agree Bino does not look at his best this season. And I also agree Overturn could do with a break. But with each run this season ROR has made a step forwards and the handicapper agrees. If he does the same again on his next run he'll be right in the mix.

I think it is very interesting that Nicholls has decided to go straight to Cheltenham with him now. I suspect in the interim ROR will be given tons and tons of schooling to brush up his hurdling (like Nicholls did with Prospect Wells) and he'll ready to do his best in March.
Report strontium December 31, 2011 10:19 AM GMT
That all fair and he's a sporting each way bet in an open looking race (if HF doesn't show or suffers from his dodgy prep).

If we speculate and say the Fly doesn't show up, who do you think Ruby would pick to ride? I think probably he'd go for Thousand Stars.
Report buddeliea December 31, 2011 12:01 PM GMT
Would TS run though? After his last run i would have thought hes more likely to go WH,although i take on board HF being out would leave the yard without a runner probably.
Report trev w December 31, 2011 2:13 PM GMT
if HR..were not to show...i'm sure connections would rather have a go @ the champion....than take on BB in the WH..
Report buddeliea December 31, 2011 2:30 PM GMT
See what you say,but i just feel he aint quick enough for a Churdle,and 3m may well be better for him.
Report trev w December 31, 2011 3:47 PM GMT
yeah..i'm still baffled as to why he did'nt make it the other day...or could he not go with the pace....it did'nt look particularly strong...but i have'nt checked any times...
Report sintonian December 31, 2011 4:12 PM GMT
Strontium, should HF not make the gig, there is no doubt in my mind as to who Ruby would choose to ride. He'd ride ROR. Thousand Stars, whilst he has developed into a top class racehorse, has had 26 starts over hurdles, winning 6, and is more exposed than Jordan on a Saturday night. There is nothing more to come from him. IMO.
Report unclepuncle December 31, 2011 9:02 PM GMT
Oscars Well (a bit like Wishful Thinking) seems to have forgotten how to settle, and runs with the choke out all the way (high head carriage as well). Still jumps ,travels and quickens like a top horse but because he is using himself too much he just isn't getting home in his races.

He has won over 2m4f and, despite being too keen, he was in the lead until the last flight in the Neptune over 2m5f so stamina shouldn't really be an issue over 2m if they get him to settle. If he can be taught to be more tractable, maybe the faster run race will help as well, I think he still has an excellent e/w chance.
Report buddeliea January 1, 2012 10:39 AM GMT
So do i Uncle,the CH could well see him produce a top performance that imo hes well capable of.
Race should suit him.
Report johnny jojo January 5, 2012 8:14 PM GMT
anyone fancy a late charge for the arkle for rock on ruby? if al ferof goes cc maybe nicholls will be tempted to switch to chasing as that was originally the plan this season anyway and zarkandar and celestial halo may make up his ch team.
Report denman85 January 5, 2012 8:26 PM GMT
budd if rock on ruby cant beat binocular around xmas time, he sure aint going to beat him come the festival
Report johnny jojo January 5, 2012 8:43 PM GMT
exactly denman thats why i think they are better of sending him down arkle route. bred for chasing and has a good mix of speed and stamina surely walsh would ride if no al ferof
Report sintonian January 5, 2012 8:56 PM GMT
Have a word with yourselves please. ROR just got beat half a lenght in a Grade 1 hurdle after making a mess of the last flight and on a track which does not play to his strenghts. Why would they abort a crack at the Champion Hurdle and go over fences now ??
Report buddeliea January 5, 2012 8:57 PM GMT
denman,i was referring to Oscars mate.
Agree,Bino should finish ahead of ROR at Cheltenham.Hope so!!
Report buddeliea January 5, 2012 8:59 PM GMT
Does depend which Bino turns up though,hopefully the one that always turns up at the festival.
Report denman85 January 5, 2012 9:04 PM GMT
maybe becoz they realise they have a slim chance in champion hurdle, got little chance of beating the fly, bino, zarkandar even others to add, i realise this now budd when i red thru
Report johnny jojo January 5, 2012 9:09 PM GMT
sint..im talking in theory that al ferof doesnt run in the arkle...if ror couldnt beat a not fully firing binocular and given the fact walsh has the inside track on hf throw in zarkandar and celestial halo all of a sudden ror looks at a crossroads..just an idea really
Report strontium January 5, 2012 9:12 PM GMT
I think RoRs main target is the 2 1/2 miler at Aintree this season.
Report johnny jojo January 5, 2012 9:21 PM GMT
ok stron it just got me thinking that if al ferof goes cc what would be nicholls arkle horse?
Report sintonian January 5, 2012 9:26 PM GMT
Jessica Harrongton said the same thing re OW, Stront. Plenty of horses are aimed at Aintree after Cheltenham. It is debatable whether or not it is their main target though.

Denman, 2 of those horses you mention have not even raced this season. And as for Zarkander, he is up against Statistically everywhere you look.
Report strontium January 5, 2012 9:32 PM GMT
Sint - my point was just that if they think there's a good chance he'll do well iin the G1 hurdle at Aintree they are very unlikley to send him chasing now. 

Johnny - Toubab? Could Silvianco Conti drop back down in trip?
Report sintonian January 5, 2012 9:38 PM GMT
I see.

Yes if they send ROR chasing now i'd be stunned.
Report booster January 5, 2012 10:05 PM GMT
I thought he ran a fine trial for the Champion at Kempton as the track would hardly have played to his strengths. He's going forward, should have improvement in him compared to Binocular and has top class festival form in the bag. His Newbury handicap form is gilt edged too. Doesn't sound like the type of thing Paul Nicholls would do, send him for the Arkle with little experience, I can't remember him doing it before with a top class prospect who didn't jump fences before Christmas.
Report johnny jojo January 6, 2012 7:08 AM GMT
he has good hurdle form just get the feeling he has suprised nicholls so far given the fact he was down to go chasing this season. there is plenty of time to have a couple of runs over fences all depends on al ferof really and zarkandar
Report sintonian January 6, 2012 9:19 AM GMT
PN on his BF blod on Dec 30th.

''At the start of the season, Zarkandar was obviously my leading contender for the Champion Hurdle.

But we have been lucky enough to have Rock On Ruby and, to a lesser extent, Brampour confirm themselves as contenders for the race during the season. So it is very heartening that we have three possibles for the Champion Hurdle, the race that has so far eluded me that I most want to win.

Who knows, Rock On Ruby may have been far shorter in the betting (he is currently 14 on Betfair) had he jumped the final flight cleanly in the Christmas Hurdle on Boxing Day. But in any event you have to be thrilled with his neck second to Binocular there, with a further 8 lengths back to such a good yardstick in Overturn. He has come a long way in his two runs this season, and we know Cheltenham suits him well. The current plan is to go straight to the Festival with him.''
Report sintonian February 17, 2012 3:14 PM GMT
Noel Fehily will ride in March.
Report Fabulous February 17, 2012 3:18 PM GMT
Grin
Report booster February 18, 2012 6:57 AM GMT
Great news about the jockey, absolutely ideal.Just had a look at the replay of his Newbury win and he was level with Raya Star 2 out but 10 lengths clear at the line conceding 1lb more than Zarkandar was to that horse today. Nicholls has also said repeatedly that his jumping has needed improving so I'd bet he's been schooling a lot at home. Still think he's a great each way bet but have to admit my 16-1 is win only.
Report seary February 20, 2012 11:05 AM GMT
C'mon rock on ruby!!!!.Ive loved this horse ever since his bumper days and from then hes never failed to impress.
All the form lines thus far leading upto champion hurdle are screaming that hes going to run a massive race. I have been having the odd 5-10 pounds on this to win and place (more so place) ever since his superb run in the newbury handicap. If hurricane fly turns up fit and well, in my eyes he wont get beat. But ill be more than happy if ror can run into place which i honestly think he will.
The only niggling little doubts i have is pfn sending him staight to the fest wivout a prep run, (stats dont do his chances many favours)but on the other hand he does look like he runs ever so well fresh. Also thats puzzled me a bit is daryl jacobs decision to ride zarkander, i dont know if hes had the choice on this but daryl has ridden ror in most of his races, seems a bit strange to jump ship now....?????
Report sintonian February 20, 2012 11:25 AM GMT
I am not sure he is jumping ship tbh. Daryl rode Zarkandar in the Triumph and the booking of Noel Fehily signals intent,imo.

The cough in the yard is a worry,though.
Report roobuck February 20, 2012 12:08 PM GMT
I think if he had run recently, the cough in the yard would be more of a problem.

I would suggest that horses than have run whilst under the weather will take longer to recover than those that haven't
Report seary February 20, 2012 9:31 PM GMT
I think im correct in saying this. Rock on ruby is at a satelite yard of nichols 30 miles away. someone barber runs the yard for him.
So ror should be all gd, if this is the case, V unlikely both yards will have the virus.
Report sintonian March 13, 2012 3:26 PM GMT
BOOM!!! Excited
Report judorick March 13, 2012 3:26 PM GMT
smashing well done to you
Report sintonian March 13, 2012 3:28 PM GMT
Lost 4pts on Oscars well Judo but had a fair bit on ROR. Cheers Excited
Report judorick March 13, 2012 3:30 PM GMT
vw played sir enjoy
Report thedemps March 13, 2012 3:31 PM GMT
Couldnt have backed that mate - fair play to you
Report hemsby March 13, 2012 3:34 PM GMT
Take a bow .......great shout
Report J.D.Salinger March 13, 2012 3:40 PM GMT
Excellent call, Mr Sintonian.

I shall be putting your name forward for the Queen's New Year's Honours List.
Report Far From Trouble March 13, 2012 3:40 PM GMT
great stuff sint

can't believe what i've just seen!
Report unclepuncle March 13, 2012 3:41 PM GMT
Well done Sint - makes up for Montbazon getting chinned. Shame I didn't follow you - bloody Oscars Well.Cry
Report sintonian March 13, 2012 3:44 PM GMT
cheers all, did money on OW in the w/o fav market aswell Uncle. And yeah certainly makes up for Montbazon getting done for a place.
Report jamesp March 13, 2012 3:59 PM GMT
Great call Sint.  Well done!
Report sintonian March 13, 2012 4:21 PM GMT
cheers James! as mentioned I did back two others in the race aswell but when they are double figure prices you can get away with it.
Report BJG March 13, 2012 4:34 PM GMT
CoolCoolCool
Report booster March 13, 2012 4:43 PM GMT
Brilliant and topped up again each way just before the off. Fehily a great judge of pace and hoping he can do me the business on Kalahari King on Thursday.
Report Fabulous March 13, 2012 5:41 PM GMT
Cool
Report buddeliea March 13, 2012 6:24 PM GMT
Well done Sint,was a fantastic performance and a great ride from the jockey.
Report FOYLESWAR March 13, 2012 7:11 PM GMT
well done sintonian
Report sintonian March 13, 2012 7:42 PM GMT
cheers budd/foyles.

Budde, anything left for the rest of the week ?

really hoping Grumeti gets something back from the Montbazon loss Plain
Report roobuck March 13, 2012 8:08 PM GMT
Very good pick sint, well done. I did follow you in on this one so thanks for the OP, broke a run of 3 2nds today
Report PeteTheBloke March 13, 2012 8:44 PM GMT
Excellent. Well done Sint.
Report buddeliea March 13, 2012 8:50 PM GMT
Albertas,Oscar on Thursday my main ones Sint
Kauto on Friday
First lieutenant tmrw,so far.
Report stealthgun March 13, 2012 8:59 PM GMT
Amazing call Sint.

Many congratulations.

Enjoy the winnings.
Report RMB © March 13, 2012 9:38 PM GMT
Mar 12, 2012 -- 11:55PM, RMB © wrote:

Smashed ROR 20/1 e/w myself, was confident but now there's alot of people talking it up in the press bound to dissappoint.

Great minds sint. Lovely stuff. Cool
Report turnip turns March 13, 2012 10:31 PM GMT
Sinters,we knewCool enjoyWink
Report platinni March 13, 2012 11:21 PM GMT
doff of me cap sint, great call

Cool
Report zilzal1 March 13, 2012 11:26 PM GMT
I only backed him at 8-1 withoutSadSilly
Report liam the lips March 14, 2012 12:35 AM GMT
A great shout Sint and an equally great ride from N.Fehily who sat right behind the pace the whole way.
Report Giddy March 14, 2012 1:50 AM GMT
Excellent stuff! Hope you cleared up!
Report buddeliea March 14, 2012 8:17 AM GMT
Was faultless and won going away after being right up there all the way.
Can win it again for sure.
Report sintonian March 14, 2012 9:20 AM GMT
cheers all. Hope I dont give it back today! Laugh
Report sintonian March 14, 2012 9:25 AM GMT
agree Budde. Not many miles on the clock either and I doubt they will go chasing now.
Report buddeliea March 14, 2012 9:46 AM GMT
Be bl00dy mad mate.
Tell you what Sint,the way people are talking their could well be some tasty prices about him from now till next March.
Report roobuck March 14, 2012 10:40 AM GMT
I have to say with its interrupted prep, then coughing etc as well as being a 5yo,  I think that Zarkandar may well be the one for next year.

Reading between the lines I belive that PFN really did see him as the best horse and so 16s is more than fair - had a small bet and I think this may be a chip away over the coming months
Report Trusty March 14, 2012 11:57 AM GMT
Why did I not read the AP forum for a while! What a dunce.

Sint you are the absolute standard out for consistency at decent prices in many big races. The fact you posted this on 19th Dec is testament to your tipping acumen.

Well done and I hope you cleaned up.

BTW - did P.Nicholls mention anywhere on BF that he had a large bet for charity on ROR?
Report sintonian March 14, 2012 1:04 PM GMT
cheers Trusty. Just had a good season is all. Hoping to do the same on the Flat 2012 ! Excited

Agree Roobuck, I was dead against Zarkandar before the race, think a few people were tbh, and always saw him as next years horse. I wonder if he may run in the Aintree hurdle next.
Report sintonian March 14, 2012 1:06 PM GMT
Did not read anything re the Charity bet ..
Report Wicketd March 14, 2012 10:34 PM GMT
thought of this fred as they crossed the line Love

well done mate
Report stevo1 March 16, 2012 10:51 PM GMT
Well Done Sint on Ruby, backed him without Hurricane at 9s so softened the massive blow of Fly smashing my single and doubles.
Been hard work but very worthwile this week, today was bit tough Boston Bob and Long Run getting beat, Salsify ante-post 16s Spoilsports came to rescue.
Report geoff m March 16, 2012 11:05 PM GMT
Great shout Sint.
Report sintonian February 28, 2013 9:25 AM GMT
Some shrewdies think he is not in the same form this year. I've taken the view he has just been trained differently.

Can he double up? Not long to go now.
Report duffy February 28, 2013 2:43 PM GMT
I was very impressed with his bula run, thought he travelled the best until blowing up, however I thought his run next time was a backward step and if he has been trained differently this year, it does beg the question why?? last year worked!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com