|
By:
If he will stay anywhere it will be Kempton going Right handed.
|
|
By:
res, hes been working with slower horses apparently to help him stay. his aintree run where he won v well over 2 and a half and wasnt stopping was probably the moment i thought hed stay. i thought he won today with authority but not impressively. but when you consider he gave weight and a beating to horses like medermit and somersby it was a crackin performance. they looked to me to be tired enough at the end too res, but its probably just that 2 good horses pushed each other to the end that tired them. master minded posted a course record...says a lot. nicholls reckons he will improve! i wonder what the plan will be now, will both horses go? unlikely prob?
|
|
By:
I dont see why they wont both run tbh unless they want Kauto fresh for the GC.
|
|
By:
The brief comments I heard after the Betfair Chase (admittedly they were probably as excited as I was) were that Kauto was heading back to Kempton for number 5. Hopefully once they've had chance to think about it they will train him for the GC like they did today.
|
|
By:
id like to see both run tbh!
|
|
By:
As much as both would have a decent chance, I reckon they'll only send one of them. Kauto vs MM would be very interesting tho
|
|
By:
MM is not going to beat a field of proven staying chasers in a King George. Think KS will certainly run at Kempton maybe MM will miss it.
|
|
By:
why not? if he stays himself (which i think he will) surely he has a live chance?
|
|
By:
Kauto Star's run on Saturday seriously muddies the waters when it comes to running MM in the King George. Personally I hope they send KS straight to the Gold Cup as I think that's his best chance, but Clive Smith's comments today suggest he's keen to send KS to Kempton.
I wonder if MM will get an entry in the Tingle Creek. |
|
By:
KS for the tingle creek and MM for the GC i hear!
![]() |
|
By:
It sounds to me that if Kauto is fully recovered from Haydock then he will run in the KG. PN seems keen to run both as the KG has always been the plan for MM.
I, like Strontium, hope they hold Kauto back for the GC and get him to his absolute peak again for one last hurrah. While not fully convinced MM will see out a strongly run 3m, the other conditions ground & right handed track are in his favour, so he deserves his chance. I personally think we'll see a much better Long Run on Boxing Day and he'll be tough to beat no matter who turns up |
|
By:
It would be a bit of joke if they decided to not run MM imo.
After he won at the weekend both PN and his assistant could not stress enough they will be peaking the horse for Boxing Day and that they have something to work on. They have been pretty adamant, even since the end of last season, that the King George is his main target. I suspect there will be a fair amount matched on the horse for the race so if they decided not to run that would be a bit a disgrace,imo. |
|
By:
Agree,hes been trained for the race and well publicised hes going for it,so has to run.
Dont see a problem running both horses if it fits in with their plans. |
|
By:
sounds likely to me that both are runnin!
|
|
By:
% estimates of them running in the KG
90% Mastermined - Probably have to pick up an injury or the ground be very soft not to run. P.Nicholls has gone on record as saying he rarely bets but has backed this horse for the KG. 80% Kauto Star - They may elect to wait for the Gold Cup and Nicholls may feel he needs more time to get over his gut busting run at Haydock. Prob less likely to run than MM but still odds on that he will and will be disappointing if the Legend doesn't line up. |