Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sintonian
11 May 11 16:40
| Topic/replies: 28,175 | Blogger: sintonian's blog
Impressive.

Wasn't stopping at the finish, fact!
Show More
Report cryoftruth June 18, 2011 3:05 PM BST
interesting breeding.

out of a Danehill mare who you would have thought would impart little stamina, so you would have thought a mile would be fine and though she might stay 10 you would not think that she would get the Oaks trip.

However the dam (Sumora) is out of Rain Flower, the dam of this years Oaks winner so maybe (pun intended) she will stay further than it first seems.

After all she has just won in the June of her 2yo career over a stiff 7 furlongs on soft going.

On balance, although there is a real doubt I think she is just about going to get 12 furlongs and if you could get a decent price for the Oaks I would be interested in a small wager.
Report unclepuncle June 18, 2011 3:36 PM BST
Given the way they price up any decent, well bred maiden winner from a top stable at about 16/1 I'm surprised 10/1 is still on offer after that impressive win.
Report cryoftruth June 18, 2011 3:39 PM BST
I am surprised why, when 10/1 is available with The magic Swine, an idiot wants to back it at 9/1 on here less 5% commission.
Report jamesp June 18, 2011 3:43 PM BST
10/1 for the Guineas is not exactly generous, but she was 16/1 beforehand and is now as short as 9/2 (VC and Stan J), 7/1 (Hills, Coral), 8/1 (Power, Sky), so perhaps 10/1 is about right.  She looks sure to continue to progress, she goes on any ground, she has a good cruising speed, she's from the magical Galileo/Danehill cross and she's head and shoulders above the other fillies we've seen so far (with the possible exceptions of Best Terms, Shumoos and Samitar).  I'd already backed her at 33s for the Guineas and have just topped up at 10/1.
Report sintonian June 18, 2011 3:58 PM BST
Pleasing. Blush
Report soldieroffortune June 18, 2011 4:44 PM BST
Truly superb! Grin
Report unclepuncle June 18, 2011 4:57 PM BST
Hope they don't over race her this year. Personally I'd just get the Gp1 Moyglare in the bag and then put her away. The Fillies Mile seems like a graveyard for 1,000 Guineas aspirations these days.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle June 18, 2011 5:25 PM BST
She did it well today. Would not get too carried away yet however. As someone said a break to the Moyglare and then rap it up for the season. 3 runs is more than enough imo for a 2yr old campaign.
Report mightymoyes June 18, 2011 8:28 PM BST
how likely is that though? look at misty for me, 5 runs at 2 and she hadnt even run before royal ascot last year.
Report jamesp June 18, 2011 8:52 PM BST
Unless another star filly is lurking in the wings at Ballydoyle, I imagine that Maybe will run in one of the end of season Group 1 races over a mile (the Fillies' Mile or Prix Marcel Boussac).  She has been given a provisional Racing Post Rating of 99 (just 6lbs higher than her previous mark) for the Chesham performance, which will probably have to be revised upwards in due course.
Report soldieroffortune June 18, 2011 10:16 PM BST
The Moyglare looks the obvious next step for her james and she'll go there with a massive chance. She improved significantly from her debut there in Naas the last day and what impressed me more than anything else was her maturity today. She made things easy for her rider and he clearly thinks a lot of her. For sure he has other commitments Ryan Moore but they'd be well advised to keep the partnership intact.

She's a beautiful looking athletic type of filly who already looks at ease with herself. No doubt whatsoever that she'll find further improvement there in August and one can only hope that they plot a very careful path to Newmarket for her from there.
Report silvergreaser June 18, 2011 11:00 PM BST
Visually impressive, travelled extremely well through the race, quickened nicely when the r/up came to challenge then idled a little, the first two pulling clear of the third.
All in all a decent performance, but it was after all only a listed race, competitive by weight of numbers rather than quality? with very little of the top trainers represented.
So lets not get carried away just yet, but on breeding alone she should be a superstar.
Report biggie77 June 19, 2011 4:19 AM BST
Whereas I agreed a quote of 33/1 for MAYBE for the Guineas next yr was more than fair following her debut win, 10/1 (and lots shorter in places) for a race still over 10 months away following a listed win on ground vastly different to what can be expected in the Guineas is lunacy. Does a comfortable win over several horses that didn't go on the ground and with a maiden in 2nd place really warrant cutting the horse 23pts to 10/1?! While very well bred, and I do think she can progress to be a strong Guineas contender, 10/1 is absolutely no value at all with plenty of other fillies yet to even make their debuts.
Report sintonian June 19, 2011 9:39 AM BST
This horse is for trading, not backing outright. Aidans record in the 1000 Guineas tells us as much and there is no guarantee he would have this horse ready for Newmarket. I couldn't back her out right for the race and she is only a trade for me.
Report sintonian June 19, 2011 9:40 AM BST
Sof, why do you have to tell people things they already know re Aidans runners? I dont think you realise how phucking annoying it is, with respect.
Report soldieroffortune June 19, 2011 10:53 AM BST
With respect sint, Up Yours!
Report sintonian June 19, 2011 12:01 PM BST
[:D]
Report liberator of the oppressed June 27, 2011 6:46 AM BST
Boys, boys, boys less of the quibbling. I'm on Maybe at 10/1. Looked extremely smart to me. Woosh.
Report sintonian June 27, 2011 2:40 PM BST
James what grade is the Debutante stakes ?
Report mightymoyes June 27, 2011 6:42 PM BST
group 2
Report liberator of the oppressed June 28, 2011 8:53 PM BST
jamesp and sint .. what does this animal look like. Suppose what I'm looking for is that it isn't built like a she man tank but has scope to train on and I'll then invest a couple of quid more. Do the family train on does anybody know? What's the clock say? Looked very special to me.
Report jamesp June 29, 2011 11:38 AM BST
I haven't see her in the flesh, but she certainly looks to have plenty of scope to train on.  Her dam Sumora was a precocious two-year-old sprinter (she won her first two races, including a Listed event, both over 5f) but she also trained on reasonably well - her two best career starts (according to Racing Post Ratings) were as a three-year-old when she ran well in valuable sprint handicaps at York (RPR 103) and Doncaster (RPR 107).  Sumora is closely related to this year's Oaks winner Dancing Rain (who obviously trained on extremely well from two to three) and Captain Dancer (winner at two and four) and she's a full sister to Fleeting Shadow (a very useful two-year-old who didn't really progress from two to three).  She's also half-sister to Mikhail Fokine (by Sadler's Wells), a moderate juvenile who won over 12f at three.  I'd be very surprised if Maybe turned out to be just a precocious juvenile.  Her winning times have been solid if unspectacular.
Report Figgis June 29, 2011 11:42 AM BST
Jamesp, I agree about her times, which imv gives her an even better chance of training on, unlike some of the speedier fillies.
Report liberator of the oppressed June 29, 2011 5:27 PM BST
As usual thank - you boys. You two are brainy.
Report sintonian June 30, 2011 11:48 AM BST
I've not seen her in the flesh either but thought she looked quite strong and stocky for a 2yo filly.
Report jamesp July 13, 2011 2:01 PM BST
Maybe faces five fillies in the Gr.3 Silver Flash Stakes at Leopardstown tomorrow evening: Gooseberry Fool (M.Prescott), La Collina (K.Prendergast), Maid To Master (J.Harrington), Miss Dylan (J.Bolger) and Somasach (J.Bolger).  Somasach (the chosen mount of Kevin Manning) was runner-up to David Wachman's filly Experience in a Gr.3 race over 6f last time on softish ground: that form was let down by the winner and the third Naseem Sea, who were both well beaten in a Listed race at Tipperary the other day, but Somasach should appreciate faster ground and the step up to 7f (her dam was a Grade 1 winner over a mile) and she rates the main danger to Maybe.  Jessie Harrington is not averse to running her best horses in pattern company before they have registered a maiden win and Maid To Master is a very interesting newcomer, being a full sister to the top class Mastercraftsman.  La Collina won a median auction maiden at Limerick and has a lot more on her plate here, but she won quite impressively and could be a nice filly.  Gooseberry Fool won a maiden on the all-weather at Kempton and takes a big step up in class, but she's beautifully bred, being by Danehill Dancer out of the top-class mare Last Second, so she's closely related to the French Guineas winner Aussie Rules.  Miss Dylan, by first season sire Dylan Thomas, is from a rather untalented family on the dam's side and may be in as pacemaker for Somasach (they're in the same ownership).

This looks a competitive race, with the fillies that have already run having shown plenty of promise and one of the newcomers being bred for the job and from a stable that knows the time of day with its better horses.  Maybe is likely to start a very short price but will need to win this convincingly to maintain her position as antepost favourite for the 1000 Guineas.  The last two runnings of this race have been won by Ballydoyle fillies (Cabaret and Together) and it will be a bit of a surprise if Maybe isn't up to the task.
Report jamesp July 13, 2011 8:07 PM BST
Spotlight in the Racing Post is very bullish about Maybe: "Has created an exceptional impression thus far, showing speed in abundance when easily winning a well above-average 6f maiden at Naas before showing stamina and class on unsuitably soft ground when winning the Chesham Stakes at Royal Ascot in great style; a genuine tip-top prospect that looks to be a Group 1 winner waiting to happen."  I hope he's right!
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle July 13, 2011 8:33 PM BST
This should be a easy easy easy assignment. Will go off around 1/3 or 1/4 depending on how much Joey puts overweight i think it be at least 1lb. Harrington's would have to be a superstar to beat this very impressive filly. I would assume next destination after this will be the Debutante stakes at the Curragh and the Moyglare.
Report jamesp July 13, 2011 8:46 PM BST
I agree about the likely outcome, but not about the odds.  I have laid her at 1.31, which is simply too short.  I'd expect her to be available at around 4/9 on track.
Report TheFormMan July 13, 2011 9:41 PM BST
there is no way on this planet or the next that they would put joey up if they thought he was going to put up overweight
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle July 13, 2011 10:00 PM BST
he put 3lb overweight on Plutorius on monday off 9-3, put 1lb overweight off 9-3 on Solo Performer Yesterday.

He has to ride 8-12....he is a 3lb claimer so his is struggling off 9 stone at the moment. He be overweight IMO...8-12 is beyond his reach. I not sure 3lb overweight will make much a difference, she still beat these.
Report sintonian July 13, 2011 10:22 PM BST
He put up 1lb overweight on Empowering in the G3 Guineas trial as well.

James, i'd be surprised if 4/9 becomes available tbh.
Report TheFormMan July 13, 2011 10:29 PM BST
1/2 with **** 4/9  with 365 and paddys now
Report TheFormMan July 13, 2011 10:29 PM BST
spoylesports*
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle July 14, 2011 5:56 PM BST
1lb overweight in the first....nothing to worry about.
Report jamesp July 14, 2011 6:58 PM BST
Maybe won the Gr.3 Silver Flash Stakes by just a narrow margin from La Collina, but she looked in a different class from the opposition, always travelling beautifully and just having to be ridden out in the final furlong to win comfortably.  That's three out of three now and I guess she'll be heading next for the Gr.2 Debutante Stakes on 7 August. 

My guess is that the runner-up La Collina is a very useful filly in the making - I didn't see her debut win at Limerick, but the Racing Post analyst's comments make interesting reading: "This was a smart performance by LA COLLINA who overcame early greenness to win in the style of a nice filly.  Slowly away, she was just shoved along a little early on to go the pace but when she settled and began to race in the straight she really showed some gears and quickened past the opposition despite shifting to her right. What she beat is more of a question and she probably wants a mile but she was quite impressive."  La Collina, who once again showed a good turn of foot this evening, holds entries in the Debutante, the Phoenix and the Moyglare and is clearly well regarded.
Report jamesp July 14, 2011 8:14 PM BST
Some reassuring comments for Guineas antepost backers of Maybe from winning rider Joseph O'Brien: "She's very good," said the winning rider. "She wasn't doing a stroke in front. They went slow and it turned into a sprint which wouldn't have suited her but she still won. She's as good a filly as we have."
Report bosra shame July 14, 2011 8:15 PM BST
I wasn't impressed with her tonight. She didnt exactly stretch clear of the field and we have no idea how good, or otherwise, the fillies in behind her were.
The form of the Chesham could not have worked out any worse and she looks a two year old through and through who is now ahead of her contempories but will be caught up next year.
Guineas quotes of between 5/1 and 7/1 are laughable and nice filly that she is, does not appear to have the scope to make it as a three year old
Report jamesp July 14, 2011 8:21 PM BST
I agree that she wasn't terribly impressive tonight and that her Guineas odds are ludicrously short, but I don't think that she's just a two-year-old.  She looks to me to have plenty of scope to continue improving and she's from that magical Galileo/Danehill cross so you'd have to think she will do better at three.
Report eric_morris July 14, 2011 8:22 PM BST
Dont know how an inexperienced jockeys words can be taken highly especially in a stable who hardly excel in Guineas fillies. Winning by such a short distance against these does not make her a 7/1 chance the Guineas at this stage agree there could be some progressing past her in the coming months.
Report Augustine July 14, 2011 8:24 PM BST
I've not backed her but I certainly wouldn't be tearing up my ticket if I had. That said, she wasn't that impressive tonight. If the pace was slow then she was in the right place and I can't have it that she won with much in hand. And the form of the Chesham hasn't worked out at all. She's very short at current odds.
Report Figgis July 14, 2011 8:36 PM BST
I haven't backed her either, making an ante post book isn't my style but good luck to those who do. I don't understand why people are negative about her just on this evening's showing. It's already been said that it was a slow pace so she was unlikely to power clear. There probably will be other fillies that will show more advanced form later this year, but we saw in this year's 1,000 what often happens to the more precocious types. She's still very promising imo.
Report soldieroffortune July 14, 2011 9:55 PM BST
Figgis I thought she did it well there tonight given how the race was run, plus this is all valuable experience for her. She looked an absolute picture too and visually she's a stunning 2YO filly.

I've backed her at 25/1 for next May so let's hope all goes well for her between now and then. Encouraging to hear her jockey talk about her in such glowing terms too Grin
Report Augustine July 14, 2011 10:11 PM BST
How likely was the jockey to crab the performance, though? I've nothing against her and I'd be happy enough if I had 25s or more but she's short now.
Report Figgis July 14, 2011 11:28 PM BST
Also the jockey did put up 3lbs overweight.
Report jamesp July 15, 2011 10:20 AM BST
It's worth remembering that several of O'Brien's best juvenile fillies in recent seasons have appeared to regress at some point (usually in their third or fourth race) and people have said the same things about them as they are saying now about Maybe, but they have usually bounced back and continued on an upward curve.  Rumplestiltskin won her first two races but was a shade disappointing on her third start in the Albany Stakes (beaten 4½ lengths), but she went on to land the Gr.2 Debutante Stakes, the Gr.1 Moyglare Stud Stakes and the Gr.1 Prix Marcel Boussac.  Heart Shaped won a Listed race on her second start, ran poorly on her third start in the Queen Mary Stakes, but then ran much better in the Gr.2 Cherry Hinton Stakes and ended the season with a fine effort to be beaten just a nose in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (the following season she ran well to be fourth in the 1000 Guineas).  Lillie Langtry made a very good impression in a Gr.3 race at Naas on her second start, was a shade disappointing in the Albany Stakes when a beaten short price favourite, but she went on to land the Gr.2 Debutante Stakes (and the following year, after recovering from injury, won the Gr.1 Coronation Stakes).  Together progressed very well through her first three races last year, winning the Gr.3 Silver Flash Stakes on her third start, then disappointed in the Gr.2 Debutante Stakes when a short price favourite (there was a big turnaround in form by Laughing Lashes), but she later ran very well to be runner-up in the Gr.1 Fillies' Mile, the 1000 Guineas etc. 

All of those fillies (bar Rumplestiltskin) trained on well from two to three and I see no reason why Maybe shouldn't continue to develop and progress.  She will probably need to improve on the bare form of the Silver Flash Stakes result if she is to win the Debutante Stakes next time, but I'm convinced, having watched the race several times, that the runner-up was a bit flattered to finish so close and that Maybe was just idling in front.  It was striking how well she was travelling two furlongs out when her rivals were starting to be pushed and shoved, she then quickened up nicely to win her race before the runner-up closed her down towards the finish.  The runner-up is probably a very useful filly in her own right, but nothing else was making any impression on Maybe in the final furlong.  She was in a different class from her rivals and I expect we'll see a more polished performance in the Debutante, when hopefully there will be a stronger pace.
Report eric_morris July 15, 2011 10:56 AM BST
Virginia Waters the stables only winner not a strong fancy at 12/1 SP they have never had a strongly fancied winner of the race in stark contrast to the other Classics. Whether this is down to stable priorities being in other areas or fillies being trickier to handle we dont know however it is their least successful Classic. 7/1 is very short when the form isnt working out great all considered.
Report jamesp July 15, 2011 11:22 AM BST
Well, you could make similar comments about many other trainers, including John Gosden (Lahan, his sole 1000 Guineas winner, was 14/1, while Rainbow View more recently failed at odds-on), but it wouldn't put me off backing their fillies for the race.  The key to O'Brien's 1000 Guineas runners is that they tend to fare much better if they have had a prep race (Virginia Waters, Together, Heart Shaped).  When they make their seasonal debut in the Guineas they tend to fare much worse (Misty For Me being a good example this year).  They've also had their share of misfortune (Rumplestiltskin hated the soft ground in the year Speciosa won the Guineas, Lillie Langtry missed the race through injury etc).  Together very nearly won the race this year and was only beaten by a storming late charge by Blue Bunting on the rail.  7/1 is far too short, I agree, and if you're not already on at much bigger prices you're hardly going to pile in now after the Silver Flash Stakes.  It's true that she hasn't beaten anything of note, although her maiden win was a smart performance (the runner-up Princess Sinead is a useful filly, Teolane started slowly but couldn't get anywhere close, and even Lady Rochford, beaten 12½ lengths by Maybe, won at Naas recently).  She's the best filly at Ballydoyle at the moment and as such commands plenty of respect.  The Debutante doesn't look a terribly hot race this year and the only entry that might concern Maybe backers is Mick Channon's Albany Stakes winner Samitar.
Report eric_morris July 15, 2011 11:27 AM BST
Gosden has not been prolific in the other Classics either, there is however a disparity between the 1000 and other Classics with Ballydoyle.

Trainers such as HRAC, Stoute and Head have had strongly fancied fillies train on and win the race they are master trainers of fillies and do not constantly think bloodstock operations, APOB patently has not and does.
Report eric_morris July 15, 2011 11:36 AM BST
In fact a better comparison re number of fillies at their disposal is Godolphin who have had far more success with strongly fancied fillies in the 1000. They now have a hungry trainer who may not be fashionable as Big Bunting's price indicates however anything from their stable re the 1000 needs to command much more respect than anything from Ballydoyle as the resulst/history indicates.
Report sintonian July 15, 2011 12:38 PM BST
Very happy with Maybes run yesterday. She had her early season target at Ascot where she hacked and expect they left something to work on yesterdat in order for her to take the world of beating later this season in the bigger.

It is quite shocking how Joseph Obrien is continually allowed to keep putting up overweight. It is hugely unprofessional and treats punters with utter contempt.
Report sintonian July 15, 2011 12:39 PM BST
* bigger races
Report jamesp July 15, 2011 1:28 PM BST
Like Aidan O'Brien, Richard Hannon doesn't have a great record in the 1000 Guineas (compared with his record in the 2000), in fact he has never won the race, yet people continue to back his fillies for the Guineas (this year Memory started, or rather didn't start!, at 6/1).  In the last 20 years or so he has had five 'fancied' fillies (shorter than 10/1) in the Guineas and only Niche finished in the places (runner-up in 1993), although one of his longer-priced runners was also placed (Nasheej at 16/1 in 2006).  Freddie Head doesn't have an established track record in the Guineas either, but many of us lumped on Moonlight Cloud for this year's race.  There may be something in the theory that O'Brien does not regard the 1000 Guineas as the 'be all and end all' - the performances of Misty For Me make that clear (unless, of course, she simply didn't come to hand in time for the Guineas).
Report jamesp August 2, 2011 1:41 PM BST
Maybe heads 19 fillies remaining in the Gr.2 Debutante Stakes on Sunday: After, Chieftess, Criostal, Devotion, Homecoming Queen, Illaunglass, Kinetica, La Collina, Lightening Pearl, Maid To Master, Maybe, Redoutable, Remember Alexander, Rubina, Somasach, Soon, Teolane, Tiffilia, Yellow Rosebud.  The race has been won by Irish-trained fillies for the last 20 years, it's a good race for favourites (10 of the last 20 favourites have obliged) and Aidan O'Brien has a good record with his fancied runners (five of his nine runners that started shorter than 2/1 were successful, with three of the unsuccessful runners having failed to win a pattern race beforehand), so the stats point to Maybe maintaining her unbeaten record.  The main dangers are Remember Alexander (particularly if the ground turns soft) and La Collina (whom Maybe beat last time at Leopardstown).
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle August 2, 2011 4:49 PM BST
Good race this.

Have no opinion per say but shall be interesting to see who comes out on top. Much better renewal than previous years.
Report apieceofcake August 7, 2011 3:34 PM BST
Very interesting race this, hope she does the business,
Report apieceofcake August 7, 2011 3:37 PM BST
Whoooosh
Report sintonian August 7, 2011 3:41 PM BST
Easy. Built like a Colt.
Report apieceofcake August 7, 2011 3:45 PM BST
You on at tasty odds for the 1000 sint?
Report sintonian August 7, 2011 3:51 PM BST
33/1.

Also on Shummoos & Samitar (ew)
Report apieceofcake August 7, 2011 4:01 PM BST
Nice, hope she wins for you. Looks the one to beat atm.
Report jamesp August 7, 2011 4:01 PM BST
Very classy performance.  33/1 looks good now!Happy
Report stealthgun August 7, 2011 4:14 PM BST
That horse that just won the Phoenix just franked that group three form with Maybe.
Report TheFormMan August 7, 2011 5:11 PM BST
she is starting to look like the frankel of the bitch world,6f 7f 8f 10f and even 12f will be no problem next year,the world at her feet
Report EastLower Gooner August 7, 2011 5:52 PM BST
talk about a form boost.
Report soldieroffortune August 7, 2011 9:27 PM BST
Moyglare next up. I just hope she isn't over-raced at 2.
Report sj August 8, 2011 8:57 AM BST
be intereting if both her and La Collina take their chances
Report sintonian August 8, 2011 9:09 AM BST
and Samitar.

La Collina is clearly progressing at a rate of knots. She did very well to beat the colts, always a good sign.
Report TheFormMan August 8, 2011 9:26 AM BST
lets not forget Gamilati,all these 2yo girls are going to be improving for every run,buy Maybe looks the queen of the bunch by some margin at this stage
Report sintonian August 8, 2011 9:55 AM BST
you cant rule here out TFM, agree, but I dont see her reversing the form with Discourse tbph.
Report TheFormMan August 8, 2011 11:49 AM BST
Both Clearly have potential and there was only a head in it when they met in there maiden,Discourse just got up to do Gamilati on the line,not sure if they will be kept apart from each other now for the rest of the 2 yo season,

just hope they have better luck with them than they have suffered with White Moonstone this season
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle August 8, 2011 1:44 PM BST
Maybe was mighty impressive at the weekend and with La Collina stuffing the colts it looks a particulary good crop of Irish 2yr old fillies.

Why was so so so impressive. Wow...she must go close in a Group 1 this season.
Report hippie August 8, 2011 3:50 PM BST
If he rides her in the Guineas like he did in that Debutante Stakes he'll get her beat.
Report TheFormMan August 8, 2011 5:22 PM BST
has there been any word on the kid keeping the ride for next year? would surprise me,the lad might be to big by then,cant even make weight now,let alone next year
Report mightymoyes August 8, 2011 5:51 PM BST
yeh it would be a surprise if he carries on with a flat career after this season.
Report sintonian August 8, 2011 8:58 PM BST
What did you not like about the ride Hippie ? Went for home too soon ?
Report hippie August 8, 2011 10:09 PM BST
his hands, the drift to the right, the drift back to the left and his general untidiness. The horse did all the work and got home in spite of him not because of him.

I don't have a beef with Joseph but having seen him on Maybe and SNA it looks like vanity putting him up. There's obviously better jockeys for the calibre of horse at his disposal but it's awkward telling the trainer you don't want his son riding them. Hopefully he'll sprout over the winter and not be able to make the weight but it's understandable why Jonny Murtagh was pissed off.
Report TheFormMan August 8, 2011 10:42 PM BST
It was an utter discrace the way they treated Murtagh and he was right to quit,Aidan O'brien has got some nerve even asking connections if his son can ride these top horses,before it all started i would have never have thought he would abuse his position in such a way.
Report sj August 9, 2011 8:37 AM BST
do you not think if Mr Tabor/Magnier were unhappy with situation they might say something?

Btw,just feel they must be happy enough with young Joe riding(he aint for me though.lol) as they are powerful men who would say Aiden enough is enough
Report Figgis August 9, 2011 9:46 AM BST
I've nothing against his riding but the situations of him putting up overweight are a joke and actually I don't see why the rules should allow this to happen.
Report TheFormMan August 9, 2011 12:31 PM BST
Of course i agree that if Tabor/Magnier were unhappy with situation they might say something,they are the bosses,end of story,I'm sure Aidan would not even mind if they did put a stop to it,was just stating that Aidan is clearly abusing his position and had some nerve to even suggest it in the first place.
Report mightymoyes August 9, 2011 6:18 PM BST
out of interest, is their any punishment for repeatedly being overweight?
Report soldieroffortune August 9, 2011 8:03 PM BST
Figgis can answer that one personally moyesey!

Only joking mate Laugh
Report Figgis August 9, 2011 8:19 PM BST
Laugh
Report sintonian August 9, 2011 8:52 PM BST
Laugh

Moyesy, not in Ireland, or, not if you work for Coolmore!
Report soldieroffortune August 28, 2011 7:29 PM BST
Brilliant performance again today Grin
Report jamesp March 25, 2012 10:09 PM BST
Back in January Anne-Marie O'Brien tweeted that "Maybe is back in light work, she is very well and will be prepared for the Guineas".  Today it was good to hear that the filly is on good terms with herself in the build-up to the Guineas:

'Maybe, favourite for the 1000 Guineas and Oaks, looked to go well as she worked under O'Brien junior in an 11-horse group that included Moore on the well-touted Rockfel Stakes winner Wading and Pat Smullen on Kissed.  O'Brien said: "She has done very well physically and we are very happy with where she is. Newmarket is the first possibility for all these horses and over the next 10 days we will sit down and pick a target for all of them. Joseph was very happy with Maybe and so was Ryan with Wading, they all seemed to go fine."'
Report sintonian March 26, 2012 10:04 AM BST
Yes agree his comments re Maybe seem nice and positive.
Report Masterminded March 26, 2012 5:41 PM BST
Looks a really hot Guineas but Maybe really could be something ambit special this season. She was a big animal last season and to hear she has done well physically in her time off is a real bonus for me. Galileo x Danehill mares = Classic winners if last season was anything to go by.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 26, 2012 9:59 PM BST
Maybe worked the house down for me yesterday.

Effortless pure effortless, destroyed Wading, running in chopped up ground just so fluid. Oh it was beautiful to watch, fantastic job they have done with this filly. I be surprised if she does not win one Guineas tbh.

Looks a better bet than Camelot in the Colts Version
Report soldieroffortune May 2, 2012 10:40 PM BST
All the best to her on Sunday Grin
Report sintonian May 4, 2012 12:47 PM BST
We agree on something SOF. Excited
Report soldieroffortune May 4, 2012 9:03 PM BST
Indeed we do sintonian - at long last! Laugh

Hey I'm there on Sunday so I'll meet you in the champagne bar if she wins!

I hope you have a great Guineas weekend Grin
Report liberator of the oppressed May 5, 2012 12:28 PM BST
I'm on large at 10/1 last June .. and in preparation for poor behaviour and the sing song tomorrow night when I will be truly well oiled if this little beauty pops in:

Maybe I'm Amazed At The Way You Love Me All The Time
Maybe I'm Afraid Of The Way I Love You
Maybe I'm Amazed At The Way You Pulled Me Out Of Time
And Hung Me On A Line
Maybe I'm Amazed At The Way I Really Need You

Maybe I'm A Girl And Maybe I'm A Lonely Girl
Who's In The Middle Of Something
That he Doesn't Really Understand

Maybe I'm A Girl And Maybe You're The Only Man
Who Could Ever Help Me
Baby Won't You Help Me Understand

Maybe I'm Amazed At The Way You're With Me All The Time
Maybe I'm Afraid Of The Way I Leave You
Maybe I'm Amazed At The Way You Help Me Sing My Song
Right Me When I'm Wrong

Maybe I'm A Girl And Maybe I'm A Lonely Girl
Who's In The Middle Of Something
That She Doesn't Really Understand

Maybe I'm A Girl And Maybe You're The Only Man
Who Could Ever Help Me
Baby Won't You Help Me Understand

Maybe I'm Amazed At The Way You're With Me All The Time
Maybe I'm Afraid Of The Way I Leave You
Maybe I'm Amazed At The Way You Help Me Sing My Song
Right Me When I'm Wrong
Report jamesp May 5, 2012 12:59 PM BST
If CAMELOT wins this afternoon, I'll be feeling confident about MAYBE winning tomorrow...
Report sintonian May 5, 2012 5:07 PM BST
Yep agree. Thought the filly was the stronger of the two favs beforehand and still do.
Report sintonian May 6, 2012 4:19 PM BST
3rd. Looked like she had no turn of foot.

Next a step up in trip ?
Report jamesp May 6, 2012 5:32 PM BST
A bit disappointing, to be honest.  Beaten by a couple of race-fit fillies.  Perhaps just a bit ring-rusty.  I always had her down as a miler this year, and I'm not sure that a step up in trip is called for.  Irish Guineas next, I imagine.  We'll see.
Report sintonian May 6, 2012 5:34 PM BST
Yep. Ireland most likely next.

Im just wondering why she was backed into favourtisim for Epsom in the last 10 days or so.
Report jamesp May 6, 2012 6:35 PM BST
Probably just the bookies cutting her in anticipation of a stylish win in the Guineas.  Her dam was a sprinter and I doubt if she will turn up at Epsom.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com