Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Cream Of The Crop
14 May 10 20:04
| Topic/replies: 407 | Blogger: Cream Of The Crop's blog
Well, I personally thought we saw the winner yesterday at York in Elzaam. He travelled very well out in front throughout and then quickened when Fahey's horse drew upsides and then stayed on very well throughout the final furlong under hand riding only to win very easily. It looked a very strong maiden beforehand, with about half the field all apparently well regarded sorts, and the way they finished strung out behind suggests it was a very good performance. Sir Reginald is another who could make it to Ascot if doing what Fahey's runner up, Flying Statesman, did last year and win next time out after a promising debut showing. Tinkertown (sixth) will also improve immeasurably for the outing in the same race, doing well to finish as close as he did after weaving across the track.

Klammer is also one who I like, and he will obviously have to win well tomorrow to book his place in the field at Ascot. Old Master Expert also looked a nice sort on his debut at Ascot last week, green and slightly outpaced when the pace lifted but stuck on well to take second. He could make up into a Coventry sort if winning well next time out. Sikeeb was also impressive at Goodwood when beating a fairly decent field, while Jarvis's other 2yo, Clarke Lane, did well to overhaul the much vaunted Ahtoug on debut at Haydock last weekend, though the runner up could also make the Coventry if winning in convincing fashion next time out. Brittain has also got the impressive Doncaster debut winner Zaidaan in his yard, and the way he was speaking about him both beforehand and afterwards suggests he goes for the Coventry Stakes.

Obviously the Hannon colt Strong Suit's debut win today was impressive, and Hughes always knew he had plenty of horse under him throughout, riding him with a massive amount of confidence throughout. It also looks notable he debuted in the same as 2006 Coventry third Major Cadeaux and last year's winner Canford Cliffs. Temple Meads landed a bit of a touch at Newmarket on Guineas weekend, though the race didn't look a particularly strong renewal IMO, and he could well stay at 5f and go for the Norfolk. Dinkum Diamond was obviously very impressive at Salisbury on Thursday and showed a good amount of pace and a strong turn of foot when asked; however, he looks another who will make up into a Norfolk Stakes horse, given he showed some much speed on debut. The same applies to Retainer, an impressive winner at the Craven meeting from the aforementioned Sikeeb, and the form of that win is working out exceptionally well.

Anyone else got any thoughts at this stage? Have I missed out any other obvious ones?
Pause Switch to Standard View Coventry Stakes 2010
Show More
Report Charlton2005 May 14, 2010 9:09 PM BST
I see that Zoffany is not entered, so I asume he wouldn't go for this, but I liked thw way he won the other day.
Report unclepuncle May 14, 2010 9:19 PM BST
I was seriously impressed with Head Space of Jim Bolgers and I'm tempted by the 10/1 with Korals but until he is declared I won't be backing him given the difficulties in predicting Bolgers running plans.

Also couldn't be anything but impressed with Hannons Retainer when he hosed up at HQ back in April.
Report TD_Gunner May 14, 2010 9:40 PM BST
C2 - Entries aren't out yet. Zoffany is the antepost fav at about 7/2.

Agree with Cream though about Elzaam. Also interested to see where Cape To Rio goes next.
Report blackbarn May 14, 2010 9:48 PM BST
More to come imo from Elzaam, thought he ran green 1.5 out, looked around, and changed his legs.
Report Charlton2005 May 14, 2010 10:01 PM BST
OK, TY TD. I just looked at the horse's entries on the RP site and that wasn't one of them! Doh! As you can guess I won't be backing at that price though!
Report jamesp May 14, 2010 10:06 PM BST
The one that's impressed me most so far is Strong Suit: I liked the way the front two pulled six lengths clear of the third, and the time was more than two seconds faster than the other division of the maiden (won by Memen).  He travelled well and showed a very good turn of foot.  He's clearly a very smart colt and I'll be surprised if he doesn't go for the Coventry (stablemate Retainer is surely more likely to go for the Norfolk).  Last year Canford Cliffs was an amazingly generous 16/1 for the Coventry after winning the same maiden in impressive style, and I was hoping for similar odds about Strong Suit, but no such luck - he was introduced as an 8/1 chance, which looks a fair price.
Report Charlton2005 May 14, 2010 10:15 PM BST
Strong Suit it is then...

Happy

GL James
Report town moor May 14, 2010 10:31 PM BST
I really think Zaidan has a lot of improvement in him, he wasn't the tightest in the pre parade and was green as grass too, I backed him on his breeding more than anything.
Report downallstar May 14, 2010 10:47 PM BST
Zebedee.
Report BJG May 14, 2010 10:55 PM BST
I agree with uncle

Head Space very impressive on debut i thought, absolutely smashed clear wen let loose

Lightning Thief second that day beaten by 5l, won at Cork nto easily beating High Award who won a Curragh maiden on debut

The rest of the ones behind have nt done much though, a few have been placed

But overall a very taking debut performance and at 10/1 is a fair price imo
Report Rowley Mile May 14, 2010 11:31 PM BST
Haven't followed enough two year old racing yet but was  taken with the debut of orientalist who runs in 4;00 at newmarket tomorrow.
Report rhinestone May 15, 2010 8:14 AM BST
Agree with uncle and BJG, just hoped for a bigger price.

Carol have really bottled it this year after their disaster last year Laugh
Report Dark Destroyer May 15, 2010 10:11 AM BST
Strong Suit

James speaks, Corals duck  Laugh
Report redal2 May 15, 2010 10:29 AM BST
That's an excellent summary COTC. I agree about Elzaam, he looked something else, and the Fahey horse which was 2nd Sir Reginald must be a shoe in for just about any maiden.
Strong Suit looked very good, the time was fast even though they appeared not to go that quickly in the first 2 furlongs. I still like Retainer form the Hannon yard too.
I do disagree about Temple Meads though. I thought he travelled and quickened impressively in that race and could last 6f the way he travelled though the pedigree is for a 5f horse, so you may well be right.
Report Augustine May 15, 2010 11:11 AM BST
Strong Suit now cut to 5s.
Report TD_Gunner May 15, 2010 11:16 AM BST
Hughesy said on The Morning Line that Strong Suit was their Coventry horse, probably reason for cutting him.
Report rhinestone May 15, 2010 11:17 AM BST
Hughesy confirmed their Cov horse this morning.
Report rhinestone May 15, 2010 11:17 AM BST
TDBlush
Report TD_Gunner May 15, 2010 11:18 AM BST
Devil
Report sandysboy May 15, 2010 11:34 AM BST
Cant remember its name but the Hannon horse which won on the Weds at York will have a good chance in the Coventry
Report TD_Gunner May 15, 2010 11:37 AM BST
Bahcelli ?
Report redal2 May 15, 2010 11:39 AM BST
Bahceli is bred for further but I wouldn't put it in their best 3 seen so far. All about opinions.
Report sandysboy May 15, 2010 11:41 AM BST
Thats it thanks Gunner,was at Ponty when it won and you wouldnt believe how much its come on since,in both looks and substance
Report Augustine May 15, 2010 5:40 PM BST
Strong Suit now 7/2.
Report redal2 May 15, 2010 6:03 PM BST
Hughes said in an interview on RUK that they 'might have found a star'.
I thought Klammer might have a chance but the way that the Hannon horse pushed it and it isn't even in their top five, I'd think, puts a context on the other performers. Elzaam the only one I've seen to threaten it really unless the Hannons run Retainer as well. As I've backed it EW I'm pocket talking though. I added Elzaam at 8s and Strong Suit at 7s last night.
Report TIROL1982 May 16, 2010 10:27 AM BST
The race is already a match between Strong Suit and the O'brien selected!
Report sageform May 16, 2010 11:06 AM BST
I also like Strong Suit of those seen recently but I was very impressed with the horse that finished second, Neebras by Oasis Dream. Clearly not fancied although he was my pick on pedigree, he started slowly and came with  what looked like a winning run until faltering in the last 100 yards. He may not be as forward as Strong Suit but might prove the better horse by the end of the season. History tells us that many top class horses, including Sea The Stars get beat first time out.
Report redal2 May 16, 2010 11:12 AM BST
Agreed. I had ruled Neebras out as I tend to like a little more stamina in the pedigree at Newbury (like Strong Suit) but he was very good. He'll definitely win something useful this season.
Report Bangers N Mash May 25, 2010 8:34 PM BST
Anyone know when entries are out?
Report ben10 May 25, 2010 8:49 PM BST
It's a normal entry race so 5 or 6 days before, look on the antepost market rules.
Report Raheeny May 25, 2010 8:57 PM BST
I was very impressed with Samuel Morse and it sounds like the coventry is the plan. Taken a bit of 10s win and place, O'Brien gone this route with a few of his before and I liked the way he quickened and picked up the one in front after it got first run. Improvement to come for the extra furlong too. Plus it was a pretty good time.
Report mythical prince May 25, 2010 9:05 PM BST
elzaam snaff
Report Belmez May 31, 2010 10:38 PM BST
Following feedback on Queen Anne Stakes Thread have bumped this one! 

No entries until 5 day stage - any news please post!
Report STELLAR MANIPULATOR May 31, 2010 11:28 PM BST
Head Space wont run , pulled a muscle and is off for the mo
Report ben10 May 31, 2010 11:42 PM BST
Ward's speedy Final Mesa Ascot bound.

USA WESLEY WARD, the US trainer who set Royal Ascot alight last year with victories by juveniles Jealous Again and Strike The Tiger, unleashed another flying filly at Keeneland yesterday, writes David Ashforth.

Final Mesa, making her debut in a $50,000 maiden race over 41/2f, shot out of the gate and produced a burst of speed for jockey Robby Albarado to win in highly impressive style by seven and a half lengths in 51.11 seconds, against a head wind.

Ward, who also owns Final Mesa, said: "She is a special filly, the best of the lot. The plan is Royal Ascot. We will be looking at the Queen Mary Stakes  because we had success in the race last year with Jealous Again, but I would like to run her against the colts so will also be looking at the Norfolk and perhaps the Coventry Stakes."
Report ben10 May 31, 2010 11:42 PM BST
http://www.nybreds.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Hoofp009_100515_0240.jpg
Report ben10 May 31, 2010 11:43 PM BST
[url=http://www.nybreds.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Hoofp009_100515_...
Report ben10 May 31, 2010 11:44 PM BST
Lol, google it, looks a powerful sort, be interesting if they did chuck her into this although obviously Queen Mary makes more sense
Report mythical prince June 1, 2010 4:11 AM BST
steroids.
Report hemsby June 1, 2010 10:39 AM BST
According to the Racing Post article on 29 May the following are Wesley Ward's Royal Ascot plans;

Coventry Stakes Nina Fever
Windsor Castle  Madman Diaries
Queen Mary      Final Mesa
Norfolk Stakes  Metropolitan Man
Report Belmez June 1, 2010 9:28 PM BST
BRIAN MEEHAN has Royal Ascot's Coventry Stakes in mind for Monday's Goodwood maiden winner Crown Prosecutor

The son of Exceed and Excel provided his trainer with a first two-year-old winner of the year when making a successful debut to score by a neck under Kieren Fallon, and Meehan is now aiming at higher things with the Group 2 on June 15 possibly next on the agenda.

The trainer, who had Royal Ascot juvenile success with Radiohead in the Norfolk Stakes last year and sent out Rakaan to finish third in the Coventry said: "Crown Prosecutor is our first two year winner of the year and we may now consider the Coventry Stakes at Royal Ascot for him." 

Crown Prosecutor is owned in partnership by Margaret Findlay and the Sangster family.
Report jamesp June 4, 2010 9:21 PM BST
Brian Meehan may be considering the Coventry for Crown Prosecutor, but it should be noted that Major Conquest, who finished about half a length behind him in a blanket finish at Goodwood, had previously finished 15 lengths behind STRONG SUIT at Newbury.  The Newbury form was boosted nicely this evening when the runner-up Neebras won easily at Goodwood (by 4 lengths).  Strong Suit's current Racing Post Rating for that Newbury win is 96, just one point below Canford Cliffs' rating when he won the same race last year.  Strong Suit looks a very smart colt and will surely take all the beating in the Coventry.
Report unclepuncle June 5, 2010 8:58 AM BST
The 8/1 you advised is looking good now JamesGrin

I followed you in on Canford @ 16/1 last year, purely based on your post, but haven't had a bet yet this year. I'm still waiting on running plans for Head Space.
Report Futurity June 6, 2010 10:12 AM BST
I was big on Elzaam until Strong Suit put up that performance. Now I have a sizeable chunk on both. High Award was a big boost for Samuel Morse. The Samuel Morse form gets a bit more testing at Naas on Tuesday. I can't back him at current odds, so I guess I will take my chances on him. Nebraas is another danger. Not impossible he could reverse the form. Haven't seen much else that is in the same league though Sheer Courage is interesting and the US horses would have to be feared.
Report sintonian June 6, 2010 10:20 AM BST
I liked Zaidan too, Town Moor. He got a bit outpaced early on and was doing his best work at the finish, picked up well. It wasn't a performance that totally blew you away, like Elzaam for example, but he could run a big race at a big price imo.
Report Bangers N Mash June 6, 2010 6:43 PM BST
Just watched videos again, looks a real good race, all those at the head of the betting look real decent horses, will be no bet for me, though will be interested in Zoffany in any other race
Report hemsby June 6, 2010 8:08 PM BST
Last updated at 2:03 PM on 6th June 2010
Comments (0) Add to My Stories US trainer Wesley Ward, who broke new ground when winning two juvenile races at Royal Ascot last year, has scrapped plans to be mob handed at next weeks renewal and may only have one representative or even none at all.
A team of four youngsters were originally penned into plunder further booty at next weeks Berkshire bash but Ward changed plans to send them to Newmarket last Thursday at the last minute.
Ward may now send the unbeaten Metropolitan Man for the Group 2 Norfolk Stakes on Thursday week but even these plans

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/racing/article-1284421/Wesley-Ward-culls-te...
Report Futurity June 7, 2010 8:41 AM BST
Of course, it is today that the Samuel Morse form gets another test, not tomorrow like I said before. Purple Glow apparently improved markedly behind him last time, so should win the 3.10 today, if Samuel Morse is up to Coventry standard.
Report Futurity June 7, 2010 3:32 PM BST
Hard to imagine that Samuel Morse is good enough for the Coventry if he can only beat Purple Glow a neck. Purple Glow very disappointing there.
Report Dark Destroyer June 7, 2010 5:15 PM BST
Interesting 1st show by SJ (for those who can get on that is). 4/1 Strong Suit.
Report sintonian June 7, 2010 6:10 PM BST
Does lightening strike twice iyo ?
Report Charlton2005 June 7, 2010 8:22 PM BST
Would be a backer of Zoffany were he to run. Any ideas whether he goes for this?
Report Raheeny June 7, 2010 8:53 PM BST
O'Brien already committed Samuel Morse for this - then again that can probably be taken with a pinch of salt!
Report Charlton2005 June 7, 2010 9:23 PM BST
TY Rah. Golden highway on the rail for Morse last time. Doubt he will be able to reproduce that. E/W lay for me at 4/1. GL
Report Raheeny June 7, 2010 9:29 PM BST
backed him at 10s so one of us will be happy!
Report Charlton2005 June 7, 2010 9:30 PM BST
:)

Well at least that price is OK for you. GL
Report Belmez June 7, 2010 10:03 PM BST
Michael Jarvis may have been out of luck in the Classics at the weekend but he is already looking forward to Royal Ascot, where he has singled out three of his runners as his best chances.

The veteran Newmarket handler believes the highly-progressive Alainmaar in the Hardwicke Stakes, promising juvenile Elzaam and the unexposed Rainbow Peak represent his best chances of the summer showpiece meeting.

"Alainmaar in the Hardwicke, he'll probably be one of our chief hopes I think," said Jarvis.

"Possibly the two-year-old that won up at York, Elzaam, in the Coventry and possibly Rainbow Peak in the Wolferton on Friday, the step back up to 10 furlongs should really suit him.

"I'll probably have about six or seven runners over the week but they would be our best chances, certainly the ones we've got the highest hopes for.
"The best thing about this stage of the Flat season is that if you're our out of luck at one big meeting you don't have to wait long for the next one to come around."
Report thegiggilo June 8, 2010 3:13 AM BST
LoveSent: Fri, 14 May, 2010 10:14:32
Subject: Re:

York Result
13 May 2010
« 4:20 » Stratford Place Stud For Royal Ascot 2Yos E B F Maiden Stakes
(Class 3) (2yo) 6f Good To Firm
£7,123.60, £2,119.70, £1,059.30, £529.10
WATCH RACE - 20p
RESULT
RATE RACE
Show all comments in running Show all pedigrees
      HORSE/SP AGE WGT TRAINER/JOCKEY OR TS RPR   

6   Elzaam (AUS) 2/1F  2 9-3  M A Jarvis  — * * 
b c Redoute's Choice (AUS) - Mambo In Freeport (USA) (Kingmambo) Richard Hills
  Made all, stayed on strongly final 2f, pushed out, readily (tchd 5-1 in places)   

12  1¼  Sir Reginald 9/1  2 9-3  R A Fahey  — * * 
b c Compton Place - Clincher Club (Polish Patriot) Paul Hanagan
  Hampered start, tracked leaders, went close 2nd over 2f out, kept on well inside final furlong (tchd 12-1 in a place)   

1  2  Rerouted (USA) 6/1  2 9-3  B W Hills  — * * 
ch c Stormy Atlantic (USA) - Rouwaki (USA) (Miswaki) Michael Hills
  Dwelt, soon chasing leaders, kept on same pace approaching final furlong (tchd 8-1 in a place)   

17  2¼  Rojo Boy 20/1  2 9-3  A M Balding  — * * 
gr c Red Ransom (USA) - Way To The Stars (Dansili) Jimmy Fortune
  Chased leaders towards stands' side, stayed on same pace final 2f (op 18-1)   

8  5  Jibaal (IRE) 18/1  2 9-3  M Johnston  — * * 
b c Acclamation - Maid To Order (IRE) (Zafonic) Joe Fanning
  Chased leaders, driven and outpaced 3f out, kept on final furlong (op 20-1)   

2  3½  Tinkertown (IRE) 12/1  2 9-3  P F I Cole  — * * 
gr c Verglas (IRE) - Kelly Nicole (IRE) (Rainbow Quest) Jamie Spencer
  Chased leaders far side, hung badly right and lost place over 2f out, kept on final furlong   

14  ½  Juliet Capulet (IRE) 5/1  2 8-12  A P O'Brien  — * * 
b f Holy Roman Emperor (IRE) - Royal Ballerina (IRE) (Sadler's Wells) J Murtagh
  Chased leaders, weakened over 1f out (tchd 9-2)   

9  ½  Mariachi Man 50/1  2 9-3  T D Easterby  — * * 
b c Haafhd - Popocatepetl (FR) (Nashwan) David Allan
  Started very slowly, green and hung left over 2f out, stayed on over 1f out, will improve (op 66-1)   

11  ½  Bonjour Bongee 100/1  2 9-3  A J McCabe  — * * 
ch c Monsieur Bond (IRE) - Bond Babe (Forzando) James Doyle
  In rear, kept on final 2f, never near leaders   

15  1  Comrade Bond 18/1  2 9-3  M H Tompkins  — * * 
ch c Monsieur Bond (IRE) - Eurolink Cafe (Grand Lodge) Darryll Holland
  Chased leaders, weakened 2f out (op 16-1)   

7  ¾  Move In Time 33/1  2 9-3  B Smart  — * * 
ch c Monsieur Bond (IRE) - Tibesti (Machiavellian) Tom Eaves
  Slowly into stride, headway and hung left over 2f out, never on terms   

3  1  Market Maker (IRE) 66/1  2 9-3  T D Easterby  — * * 
ch c Trade Fair - Papier Mache (IRE) (Desert Prince) Graham Gibbons
  Dwelt, mid-division, lost place over 2f out   

4  ½  Dreamweaving (IRE) 25/1  2 8-12  N Tinkler  — * * 
b f Sleeping Indian - Wicked (Common Grounds) Silvestre De Sousa
  Chased leaders, lost place over 2f out (op 20-1)   

5  4  Windward Islands 9/1  2 9-3  Mahmood Al Zarooni  — * * 
ch c Cadeaux Genereux - Dominica (Alhaarth) Frankie Dettori
  Chased leaders, lost place over 1f out (op 8-1)   

10  9  Scatty (IRE) 28/1  2 9-3  S Kirk  — * * 
br c Verglas (IRE) - Nonsense (IRE) (Soviet Star) Stephen Craine
  Soon driven along in rear, behind final 3f (op 25-1)   

13  18  Little Oddy (IRE) 100/1  2 9-0  M A Barnes  — * * 
b c Refuse To Bend (IRE) - Archipova (IRE) (Ela-Mana-Mou) Andrew Heffernan3
  Slowly into stride, reminders after start, soon well behind, tailed off   

16 ran TIME 1m 11.43s (slow by 0.83s

I think this is the best maiden run this season looking at the standard time yesterday it was slow by 0.83 the first three all making btheir debuts over the 6fs,earlier the two sprints won by a 95 and 97 rated horses were slow by 0.05 and 0.18 but over a furlong shorter using the comparisons on all races this season it bares that out.The first three in the 2 yr old maiden would go near standard time on there next runs and although its not a great way of comparing times over different distances it would give them ratings of near 100,i've back tracked through most of the better 2yr old races run so far this season and this race definitely comes out on top.
The form does look solid with another 5ls back to the 5th jibaal from the 4th rojo boy,the 6th tinkertown was another 3 1/2ls back in 6th
beaten a total of 14ls by the winner but both jibaal and tinkertown relatively expensive purchases.Juliet the o'brien horse had come out of what looked a reasonable maiden and had experience but ws still beaten 14 1/2ls.
Elzaam 280,000 euros,sir reginald 75,000 gns half brother to four winners including henrik and rerouted half brother to three winners including critical moment must be wining races,hopefully the york form will be underestimated and they might go off decent prices in what will probably be races like the coventry etc.

ELZAAMLove
SIR REGINALDLove
REROUTEDLove

A couple of days later

Sent: Sun, 16 May, 2010 3:30:35

16:00 Newbury, 14 May 2010
6f 8y

Berkshire County Blind Society Maiden Stakes (Div 2) (Class 4)  (2YO only)
Winner £4,209 - 12 ran

Good to Firm

Weighed In

Result
NEW: Future Form
Pos Dist. Silk Cloth / Horse Name (Draw) SP Age / Wt Jockey / Trainer OR
1    10. Strong Suit (USA) (10) 6/4 Fav 2 9 - 3 R Hughes
R Hannon
-
  tracked leaders and always going well, chalenged when shied away from rival whip 2f out, quickened to lead over 1f out, shaken up and edged left when in command inside final furlong
2  1¼  5. Neebras (IRE) (5) 25/1 2 9 - 3 Dane O'Neill
D R Lanigan
-
  mid-division, headway towards far side over 2f out, chased winner 1f out, staying on same pace and well held when carried slightly left inside final furlong
3  6  2. Formosina (IRE) (13) 5/1 2 9 - 3 R L Moore
J Noseda
-
  chased leaders, effort 2f out, ridden over 1f out, outpaced by leading duo inside final furlong
4  2  9. Straight Line (IRE) (12) 4/1 2Fav 2 9 - 3 R Kingscote
A P Jarvis
-
  slight lead, pushed along halfway, headed over 1f out, one pace and well held when hung left inside final furlong
5  6  4. Major Conquest (IRE) (9) 25/1 2 9 - 3 S Drowne
J W Hills
-
  mid-division, headway over 1f out, stayed on same pace and no impression final furlong
6  1¾  6. Presto Volante (IRE) (1) 33/1 2 9 - 3 A Kirby
Mrs A J Perrett
-
  slowly into stride, green and soon pushed along in rear, headway halfway, ridden 2f out, stayed on one pace final furlong
7  ½  3. Indigo Way (4) 16/1 2 9 - 3 E Ahern
B J Meehan
-
  in touch, ridden and one pace final 2f
8  1½  7. Ree's Rascal (IRE) (2) 66/1 2 9 - 3 P Cosgrave
J R Boyle
-
  pressed leader, pushed along and every chance over 2f out, weakened over 1f out
9  ½  13. Silken Thoughts (6) 100/1 2 8 - 12 I Milickova
John Berry
-
  started slowly, green and soon pushed along in rear, no progress final 2f
10  2  11. Tarjeyh (IRE) (7) 7/1 2 9 - 3 R Hills
M P Tregoning
-
  keen, chased leaders, well there over 2f out, weakened well over 1f out
11  6  8. Shostakovich (IRE) (8) 10/1 2 9 - 3 G Baker
S Kirk
-
  dwelt, took keen hold in mid-division, behind over 2f out
12  dist  12. Bournefree (IRE) (11) 100/1 2 8 - 9 P Hills (3)
S Kirk
-
  started slowly, outpaced and always in rear, tailed off
     1. Capaill Liath (IRE) (3)  Non Runner -

Off Time: 16:01:23
Winning Time: 1m 12.73

After waiting ages for some outstanding 2 yr olds within 2 days comes another in the shape of strong suit and neeebras,the york race won by elzaam was the strongest and quickest formlines seen this season till one day later produced by these two.
The time was 1.12.73 only .67 slower than angels pursuit rated 111 beating society rock rated 107 earlier on the card again these two look to be heading to group races,just to back up the times on the card the other maiden div 1 won by memen was 2.21 seconds slower than that of the second division.Memen had already run and been beaten 4 1/2 ls by todays winner klammer that performance itself looked half decent the formlines of that newbury race and the time produced would suggest that these two are on paralell with elzaam if not better.These two races have been miles infront of anything produced so far,these two infact could be and are likely to be the strongest formlines so far this season,infact the latter looks even better than the formlines produced by elzaam

STRONG SUITLoveLove
NEEBRASLove
Report sintonian June 8, 2010 4:20 PM BST
Tinkertown ran quite well today, but he does look a bit of a nutjob.
Report gg77 June 9, 2010 6:47 PM BST
Does anyone have any info on Sheer Courage? According to the RP website, in the decs for the coventry, the horse is now trained by Herman Brown. Very confusing.
Report Augustine June 9, 2010 8:33 PM BST
SJ no longer have an ante-post market on the Coventry.

Seems a bit strange.
Report Benjy June 10, 2010 12:49 PM BST
I'm wondering why Sheer Courage is no longer with Hannon as well. Wasn't a very good race he won lto but he did win it very easily.

Ward's not entered aything I see.

I'd like to see Oor Jock go for this. Seems he will take the easier option of the Winsor Castle though.
Report redal2 June 12, 2010 12:26 PM BST
No Temple Meads Sad
Report downallstar June 13, 2010 11:31 AM BST
Strong Suit   
Samuel Morse   
Elzaam   
Zoffany   
Sheer Courage   
Galtymore Lad   
High Award   
Irish Field   
Klammer   
Roayh   
Chiswick Bey   
Planet Waves   
Amwell Pinot   
Move In Time   
Mullins Way
Report Benjy June 13, 2010 1:23 PM BST
Anyone know why Moore was down to ride Sheer Courage and now it's Fortune? Moore doesn't seem to be on anything else in the race.
Report amaru June 13, 2010 1:32 PM BST
Isn't Ryan Moore riding Samuel Morse?
Report Benjy June 13, 2010 2:01 PM BST
Is he. Was no jockeys on the race cards for their two earlier.

Interesting...
Report amaru June 13, 2010 2:24 PM BST
If that aint a form boost for Strong Suit then I dont know what is! Shocked
Report Walt Jabsco June 13, 2010 2:31 PM BST
Formasina boosts Strong Suit form.... 10 length winner backed from 4/7 to 4/11
Report sariska boy June 13, 2010 2:56 PM BST
just had a wager ew at billy ills at 33 to 1 for next years guineas , a long way away but i was very impressed with strong suits win and attitude, once the penny dropped she really picked up in style, with hughsie being ever so confident, the form has been boosted a few times now, so i would imagine after it wins the coventry next week it will be half those odds!!
Report ben10 June 13, 2010 3:24 PM BST
Don't like Strong Suit's breeding at all, bred to be a very early juvenile and not improve so I have my doubts around him (certainly long term)
Report redal2 June 13, 2010 4:19 PM BST
Major Conquest at Salisbury further franks that Newbury race for Strong Suit. It's looking ever more the winner to me, Elzaam the danger
Report amaru June 13, 2010 4:24 PM BST
Its hard to get away from the form of that Newbury race now with the second, third and fifth winning since.  There was a fair amount of daylight between the front two and the rest as well.
Report rhinestone June 13, 2010 4:27 PM BST
Form of Strong Suit is rock solid.

Really ben10? Your one of a handful of people whose opinion I respect on here, but I think he'll make a proper 3yo. Sure I read Hannon say he was only just ready to run for his debut.
Report ben10 June 13, 2010 4:35 PM BST
Think you guys are seeing what you want to see. Consider this: Major Conquest was beaten 15 lengths by Strong Suit (fair enough) he then won today beating Arabian Star by a length and 3 quarters. Arabian Star was beaten by Neebras by 4 lengths so that means that Major Conquest is two lengths (plus easing of Neebras) down on Neebras and then a little more on Strong Suit. He has certainly improved and as I say Strong Suit isn't bred to improve (Hannon had him ready imo). He may be good enough still to win Tuesday but 2 year olds improve all the time (and some don't) and don't think he's worth piling in on.
Report ben10 June 13, 2010 4:36 PM BST
Did he look green to you rhinestone? I thought he knew what he was doing (and did it well)
Report mythical prince June 13, 2010 4:44 PM BST
any opinions on elzaam, Love zoffany and samuel morse?
Report ben10 June 13, 2010 4:47 PM BST
Look at his brother, bolted up last year and then got beat in a handicap next time out (i.e handicapper was able to get him). RPRs are consistant out in Dubai too. The dam's sister won a listed race at two, ran one more time and that was her done (that was with Cumani also so I'd expect he'd get improvement out of her generally). His dam also has a half brother who went from being rated 100+ at 2 to 39.
Report amaru June 13, 2010 4:48 PM BST
I take your point Ben and 2yo races are always hard to gauge as you never know how ready they are, especially on debut, and some can improve beyond all recognition from their first to second races.  That said, i'd rather see the also rans winning their next races rather than bombing out. I've no idea if he'll make a 3yo but i'll be amazed if he doesnt improve from that debut race, ran a little bit in snatches and showed signs of greeness.
Report rhinestone June 13, 2010 4:53 PM BST
Not sure he's bred to be a 2yo, yes Rahy get's a lot of early 2yo's but there's been a fair few who improve with age, Fantastic Light the main one.
The damsire is Silver Hawk who is notorious for his progeny improving with age.

I see your point with the strict formlines but I don't think Major Conquest ran his best that day, got very very upset in the stalls.

Re your point about him being ready, yes it does look like he was but none more so than Canford Cliffs who knew exactly what he was doing last year, and I wasn't 100% sure CC would train on to be a 3yo but he has, and suprised me.

I'm not sure he'll win the Cov, looks to want 7f already, but have taken some 33's for the guineas, just in case.
Report mythical prince June 13, 2010 5:03 PM BST
surely canford cliffs was far more visually impressive than strong suit though?
Report rhinestone June 13, 2010 5:07 PM BST
Obviously, different types though.
Report redal2 June 13, 2010 5:32 PM BST
ben you know I think you talk a lot of sense. Next year is next year. I think SS is banker material, the yard see him as a star and yes he was ready for Newbury but it will surely improve again on Tuesday. It may be that there is one to go past him (Elzaam if there has to be one) but I think they'll have him ready to go. Canford Cliffs was crabbed by many last year before the Coventry because if his unfashionable breeding. It didn't stop him. The way they have followed the same route is screaming at me. I've got hefty AP bets so maybe I'm pocket talking. If this or Elzaam doesn't win then I'll be    betting on fumes by Wednesday Laugh
Report Futurity June 13, 2010 5:47 PM BST
Yes I am pretty sure Coral will be very disappointed if Strong Suit or Elzaam wins...
Report ben10 June 13, 2010 5:53 PM BST
Good luck redal, I'm going so hope I see another Canford (was incredible that day) :)
Report mythical prince June 13, 2010 5:59 PM BST
elzaam will tear it a new hole [;)]
Report Belmez June 13, 2010 6:08 PM BST
I'm going too Ben (only Silver Ring though) - think this is going to be a great race - although perhaps only the 3rd best on the day after Queen Anne & SJP.

I am leaning towards Elzaam myself at the mo but waiting to see what the ground will be as would be concerned if Soft in the description (just based on the way he bounced off the fast ground at york)

All in all - I doubt we'll see a more competitive top quality 4 races on a card this year!
Report redal2 June 13, 2010 6:22 PM BST
ben have a great day, the racing is fantastic.
Report Charlton2005 June 14, 2010 11:30 PM BST
Charlton2005 Joined: 25 Aug 05
Replies: 1402 14 May 10 21:09 
I see that Zoffany is not entered, so I asume he wouldn't go for this, but I liked thw way he won the other day.

You heard it here first gents. WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNER.
Report downallstar June 14, 2010 11:44 PM BST
Evening C2(or night) you seem mad keen on the Zoff, how come?
Think the winner def comes from the top 4, but not sure which oneConfused
Report Charlton2005 June 14, 2010 11:57 PM BST
Hey Das

Going to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz now.

He looked like he had a real winner's attitude pushing past a couple of horses lto.

Be on tomorrow, see you then. Good night.

Happy
Report redal2 June 15, 2010 4:32 PM BST
Woo hoo
Laugh
Report mythical prince June 15, 2010 4:32 PM BST
elzaam Cry
Report thegiggilo June 15, 2010 4:33 PM BST
thegiggilo Joined: 04 Aug 07
Replies: 734 08 Jun 10 03:13   
Sent: Fri, 14 May, 2010 10:14:32

York Result
13 May 2010
« 4:20 » Stratford Place Stud For Royal Ascot 2Yos E B F Maiden Stakes
(Class 3) (2yo) 6f Good To Firm
£7,123.60, £2,119.70, £1,059.30, £529.10
WATCH RACE - 20p
RESULT
RATE RACE
Show all comments in running Show all pedigrees
      HORSE/SP AGE WGT TRAINER/JOCKEY OR TS RPR   

6   Elzaam (AUS) 2/1F  2 9-3  M A Jarvis  — * * 
b c Redoute's Choice (AUS) - Mambo In Freeport (USA) (Kingmambo) Richard Hills
  Made all, stayed on strongly final 2f, pushed out, readily (tchd 5-1 in places)   

12  1¼  Sir Reginald 9/1  2 9-3  R A Fahey  — * * 
b c Compton Place - Clincher Club (Polish Patriot) Paul Hanagan
  Hampered start, tracked leaders, went close 2nd over 2f out, kept on well inside final furlong (tchd 12-1 in a place)   

1  2  Rerouted (USA) 6/1  2 9-3  B W Hills  — * * 
ch c Stormy Atlantic (USA) - Rouwaki (USA) (Miswaki) Michael Hills
  Dwelt, soon chasing leaders, kept on same pace approaching final furlong (tchd 8-1 in a place)   

17  2¼  Rojo Boy 20/1  2 9-3  A M Balding  — * * 
gr c Red Ransom (USA) - Way To The Stars (Dansili) Jimmy Fortune
  Chased leaders towards stands' side, stayed on same pace final 2f (op 18-1)   

8  5  Jibaal (IRE) 18/1  2 9-3  M Johnston  — * * 
b c Acclamation - Maid To Order (IRE) (Zafonic) Joe Fanning
  Chased leaders, driven and outpaced 3f out, kept on final furlong (op 20-1)   

2  3½  Tinkertown (IRE) 12/1  2 9-3  P F I Cole  — * * 
gr c Verglas (IRE) - Kelly Nicole (IRE) (Rainbow Quest) Jamie Spencer
  Chased leaders far side, hung badly right and lost place over 2f out, kept on final furlong   

14  ½  Juliet Capulet (IRE) 5/1  2 8-12  A P O'Brien  — * * 
b f Holy Roman Emperor (IRE) - Royal Ballerina (IRE) (Sadler's Wells) J Murtagh
  Chased leaders, weakened over 1f out (tchd 9-2)   

9  ½  Mariachi Man 50/1  2 9-3  T D Easterby  — * * 
b c Haafhd - Popocatepetl (FR) (Nashwan) David Allan
  Started very slowly, green and hung left over 2f out, stayed on over 1f out, will improve (op 66-1)   

11  ½  Bonjour Bongee 100/1  2 9-3  A J McCabe  — * * 
ch c Monsieur Bond (IRE) - Bond Babe (Forzando) James Doyle
  In rear, kept on final 2f, never near leaders   

15  1  Comrade Bond 18/1  2 9-3  M H Tompkins  — * * 
ch c Monsieur Bond (IRE) - Eurolink Cafe (Grand Lodge) Darryll Holland
  Chased leaders, weakened 2f out (op 16-1)   

7  ¾  Move In Time 33/1  2 9-3  B Smart  — * * 
ch c Monsieur Bond (IRE) - Tibesti (Machiavellian) Tom Eaves
  Slowly into stride, headway and hung left over 2f out, never on terms   

3  1  Market Maker (IRE) 66/1  2 9-3  T D Easterby  — * * 
ch c Trade Fair - Papier Mache (IRE) (Desert Prince) Graham Gibbons
  Dwelt, mid-division, lost place over 2f out   

4  ½  Dreamweaving (IRE) 25/1  2 8-12  N Tinkler  — * * 
b f Sleeping Indian - Wicked (Common Grounds) Silvestre De Sousa
  Chased leaders, lost place over 2f out (op 20-1)   

5  4  Windward Islands 9/1  2 9-3  Mahmood Al Zarooni  — * * 
ch c Cadeaux Genereux - Dominica (Alhaarth) Frankie Dettori
  Chased leaders, lost place over 1f out (op 8-1)   

10  9  Scatty (IRE) 28/1  2 9-3  S Kirk  — * * 
br c Verglas (IRE) - Nonsense (IRE) (Soviet Star) Stephen Craine
  Soon driven along in rear, behind final 3f (op 25-1)   

13  18  Little Oddy (IRE) 100/1  2 9-0  M A Barnes  — * * 
b c Refuse To Bend (IRE) - Archipova (IRE) (Ela-Mana-Mou) Andrew Heffernan3
  Slowly into stride, reminders after start, soon well behind, tailed off   

16 ran TIME 1m 11.43s (slow by 0.83s

I think this is the best maiden run this season looking at the standard time yesterday it was slow by 0.83 the first three all making btheir debuts over the 6fs,earlier the two sprints won by a 95 and 97 rated horses were slow by 0.05 and 0.18 but over a furlong shorter using the comparisons on all races this season it bares that out.The first three in the 2 yr old maiden would go near standard time on there next runs and although its not a great way of comparing times over different distances it would give them ratings of near 100,i've back tracked through most of the better 2yr old races run so far this season and this race definitely comes out on top.
The form does look solid with another 5ls back to the 5th jibaal from the 4th rojo boy,the 6th tinkertown was another 3 1/2ls back in 6th
beaten a total of 14ls by the winner but both jibaal and tinkertown relatively expensive purchases.Juliet the o'brien horse had come out of what looked a reasonable maiden and had experience but ws still beaten 14 1/2ls.
Elzaam 280,000 euros,sir reginald 75,000 gns half brother to four winners including henrik and rerouted half brother to three winners including critical moment must be wining races,hopefully the york form will be underestimated and they might go off decent prices in what will probably be races like the coventry etc.

ELZAAM
SIR REGINALD
REROUTED

A couple of days later

Sent: Sun, 16 May, 2010 3:30:35

16:00 Newbury, 14 May 2010
6f 8y

Berkshire County Blind Society Maiden Stakes (Div 2) (Class 4)  (2YO only)
Winner £4,209 - 12 ran

Good to Firm

Weighed In

Result
NEW: Future Form
Pos Dist. Silk Cloth / Horse Name (Draw) SP Age / Wt Jockey / Trainer OR
1    10. Strong Suit (USA) (10) 6/4 Fav 2 9 - 3 R Hughes
R Hannon
-
  tracked leaders and always going well, chalenged when shied away from rival whip 2f out, quickened to lead over 1f out, shaken up and edged left when in command inside final furlong
2  1¼  5. Neebras (IRE) (5) 25/1 2 9 - 3 Dane O'Neill
D R Lanigan
-
  mid-division, headway towards far side over 2f out, chased winner 1f out, staying on same pace and well held when carried slightly left inside final furlong
3  6  2. Formosina (IRE) (13) 5/1 2 9 - 3 R L Moore
J Noseda
-
  chased leaders, effort 2f out, ridden over 1f out, outpaced by leading duo inside final furlong
4  2  9. Straight Line (IRE) (12) 4/1 2Fav 2 9 - 3 R Kingscote
A P Jarvis
-
  slight lead, pushed along halfway, headed over 1f out, one pace and well held when hung left inside final furlong
5  6  4. Major Conquest (IRE) (9) 25/1 2 9 - 3 S Drowne
J W Hills
-
  mid-division, headway over 1f out, stayed on same pace and no impression final furlong
6  1¾  6. Presto Volante (IRE) (1) 33/1 2 9 - 3 A Kirby
Mrs A J Perrett
-
  slowly into stride, green and soon pushed along in rear, headway halfway, ridden 2f out, stayed on one pace final furlong
7  ½  3. Indigo Way (4) 16/1 2 9 - 3 E Ahern
B J Meehan
-
  in touch, ridden and one pace final 2f
8  1½  7. Ree's Rascal (IRE) (2) 66/1 2 9 - 3 P Cosgrave
J R Boyle
-
  pressed leader, pushed along and every chance over 2f out, weakened over 1f out
9  ½  13. Silken Thoughts (6) 100/1 2 8 - 12 I Milickova
John Berry
-
  started slowly, green and soon pushed along in rear, no progress final 2f
10  2  11. Tarjeyh (IRE) (7) 7/1 2 9 - 3 R Hills
M P Tregoning
-
  keen, chased leaders, well there over 2f out, weakened well over 1f out
11  6  8. Shostakovich (IRE) (8) 10/1 2 9 - 3 G Baker
S Kirk
-
  dwelt, took keen hold in mid-division, behind over 2f out
12  dist  12. Bournefree (IRE) (11) 100/1 2 8 - 9 P Hills (3)
S Kirk
-
  started slowly, outpaced and always in rear, tailed off
     1. Capaill Liath (IRE) (3)  Non Runner -

Off Time: 16:01:23
Winning Time: 1m 12.73

After waiting ages for some outstanding 2 yr olds within 2 days comes another in the shape of strong suit and neeebras,the york race won by elzaam was the strongest and quickest formlines seen this season till one day later produced by these two.
The time was 1.12.73 only .67 slower than angels pursuit rated 111 beating society rock rated 107 earlier on the card again these two look to be heading to group races,just to back up the times on the card the other maiden div 1 won by memen was 2.21 seconds slower than that of the second division.Memen had already run and been beaten 4 1/2 ls by todays winner klammer that performance itself looked half decent the formlines of that newbury race and the time produced would suggest that these two are on paralell with elzaam if not better.These two races have been miles infront of anything produced so far,these two infact could be and are likely to be the strongest formlines so far this season,infact the latter looks even better than the formlines produced by elzaam

STRONG SUITLoveLove
NEEBRASLove

[;)]
Report unclepuncle June 15, 2010 4:38 PM BST
A pretty simple forecast really[;)]
Report Cream Of The Crop June 15, 2010 4:39 PM BST
Absolutely devastated - Elzaam had it won everywhere bar the final yard. SadSadCrySadSad
Report mythical prince June 15, 2010 4:41 PM BST
u not the only one m8, sick run from elzaam Cry
Report unclepuncle June 15, 2010 4:43 PM BST
Fav really should have won by another length or twoSilly so don't feel too sick
Report sariska boy June 15, 2010 4:46 PM BST
yesssssssssss,,,very happy with my 33>s for the guineas,,, won well,, hughsie very impressed
Report redal2 June 15, 2010 4:50 PM BST
uncle you're right yet the exacta paid £9.40, can't believe it Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com