Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Headmaster
10 May 10 12:05
| Topic/replies: 3,874 | Blogger: The Headmaster's blog
Has this one's seat on the Godolphin battle bus slipped under a few radars?  Cutlass Bay and Simon De Montfort appear to have hogged the headlines but isn't this lad, from an ante-post angle, far more interesting?

This French classic crop need to be taken very seriously imo.
Show More
Report Jobroke May 19, 2010 3:56 PM BST
supplemented Grin
Report TD_Gunner May 19, 2010 3:56 PM BST
going to be supplemented! :D
Report amaru May 19, 2010 3:57 PM BST
I wouldn't get too excited lads, he's only been with them for two weeks so hasn't really had enough time to get 'Godolphined'!! I should imagine his next run will be something akin to a three legged camel.
Report TD_Gunner May 19, 2010 3:58 PM BST
he's with Rooney not Saeed ammers!
Report Graeme83 May 19, 2010 3:59 PM BST
Backed him for this race, but not for the Derby. Still don't see the need to.
Report amaru May 19, 2010 3:59 PM BST
Haha, scratch that then! Cheers Gunny!
Report trev w May 19, 2010 4:02 PM BST
could turn out to be being suroored...as opposed to the opposite being zarooned Grin[;)]
Report Roger De Bris May 19, 2010 5:17 PM BST
I'd still have the O'Brien camps picks above Rewilding after that Goodwood win.
Report town moor May 19, 2010 6:13 PM BST
I'm quite pleased I forgot to lay this off now!
Report Ballydoyle May 19, 2010 7:40 PM BST
All the St Nick Abbey backers shakin in their shoesLaugh
Report turnip turns May 19, 2010 7:52 PM BST
Just watched its run today,must admit i like it,very intresting [smiley:crazy]
Report platinni May 19, 2010 10:35 PM BST
^ KISS OF DEATH

ul lads, was a nice voucher[:(]
Report TD_Gunner May 19, 2010 10:55 PM BST
LOL [:x]
Report The Headmaster May 25, 2010 5:30 PM BST
Gone a bit weak on here....any need to panic?
Report bestmate May 25, 2010 5:32 PM BST
one word HM.
Jan Varmeer
Report TD_Gunner May 25, 2010 5:33 PM BST
good grief, shirley not.
Report The Headmaster May 25, 2010 5:35 PM BST
Hope not, TDG.

Could just be a correction, bm, but Bullet Train, Cape Blanco and Workforce seem solid so if it was the JV effect, they should be wobbling too.

I am concerned Sad
Report The Headmaster May 27, 2010 10:28 AM BST
Anyone see this One Show thing last night ffs?!?  What's all that about???
Report ben10 May 27, 2010 12:05 PM BST
What happened?
Report The Headmaster May 27, 2010 12:19 PM BST
Just watched it on iplayer, ben.  Tony Calvin appears to be suggesting that Frankie will be riding Al Zir becuase he pretended to ride said beast in a wooden horse showdown against Willie Carson at the end of the programme.

Betfair spokesman Tony Calvin commented: "The Betfair market says that Cape Blanco will now miss the race and plenty of punters were clearly watching the One Show last night.

"Apparently, Frankie Dettori hinted on the show that he would be riding Al Zir, which must have caused a lot of coughing and spluttering for backers of Rewilding.

"Before 7pm last night the impressive Goodwood winner was thought to be Godolphin's number one Epsom hope!"

Thankfully, SC has stepped in to allay any fears:

"We'll definitely supplement Rewilding for the race on Monday as he was impressive at Goodwood and ticks all of the right boxes," said Godolphin racing manager Simon Crisford.

"Both he and Al Zir will do a bit more work this week and jockey decisions will be made early next week.

"Sheikh Mohammed will discuss it with all of us and will make a decision, but it's quite likely Frankie will ride Rewilding.

"They gelled well at Goodwood, but Frankie wants to sit on Al Zir in a piece of work tomorrow - after that it will all be a little clearer.
Report ben10 May 27, 2010 12:41 PM BST
Cheers, all sounds good then, can't believe he'll ride the one paced Al Zir tbh.
Report bbsband May 27, 2010 12:54 PM BST
yes ben10 surely rewilding judging by its last 2 runs..
Report The Headmaster May 28, 2010 3:12 PM BST
From the Godolphin site:

Godolphin is to have two runners, Rewilding and Al Zir, in the premier British Classic, the Investec Derby, at Epsom Downs on Saturday, June 5.

Frankie Dettori takes the mount on Rewilding, whom he partnered to an impressive success at Goodwood on May 19, while Ahmed Ajtebi rides Al Zir.

Simon Crisford, the Godolphin racing manager, said: "Frankie rode Al Zir on the watered gallop at Newmarket this morning and was pleased with him.

"We have decided that Frankie will be on Rewilding in the Investec Derby with Ahmed on Al Zir."

Rewilding will be supplemented on Monday to join the Investec Derby field, while Chabal is being given a bit of a break and Simon De Montfort goes for the Prix du Jockey Club, the French Derby, at Chantilly on Sunday, June 6.
Report TD_Gunner May 28, 2010 3:15 PM BST
Does Simon win the Prix du Jockey Club then?
Report The Headmaster May 28, 2010 3:39 PM BST
Nope - Planteur, form franked the day before Cool, does.
Report TD_Gunner May 28, 2010 3:43 PM BST
« 1 2   Planteur (IRE) 7/4F  3 9-2  E Lellouche  — 103 113 — 
2nd from start, cruised to the front early in straight, quickened well 2f out, went clear, comfortably (tchd 9-4)

I like the sound of that. Cool
Report redal2 May 28, 2010 3:49 PM BST
Planteur is the one Head, I hope Grin
Report WorkOnIt May 30, 2010 3:11 PM BST
Rewilding the only serious challenger to the O'Brien bunch imv.

P.S. Planteur for the Arc. Cool
Report mythical prince May 30, 2010 3:22 PM BST
im a fan
Report teflontom May 30, 2010 4:00 PM BST
Rewilding-not in the first 5
Report push May 30, 2010 5:06 PM BST
Quite like this horse , for the St Leger.
Report mythical prince May 30, 2010 5:23 PM BST
u give me even money on that tefo Cool
Report push May 30, 2010 6:28 PM BST
Pushed out by Lads to 12-1.
Report BritBronco May 31, 2010 8:32 PM BST
Any idea why this one is drifting?
5 firms offering 12's now.
Would be my top pick outside of AOB's mob
Report ben10 May 31, 2010 8:37 PM BST
People taking a view about the 'Godolphin bounce' maybe :)
A lot of people probably don't know how good Planteur is either so overlook him maybe.
Report push May 31, 2010 8:43 PM BST
How good is Planteur, Ben ?  Rewilding was impressive the other day but did not have much to beat, has improvement in him, but will need to.
Report BritBronco May 31, 2010 8:48 PM BST
According to Mordin Rewilding put up a good time, so perhaps there is some fear of a bounce.
Also adding Buzzword as well hardly screams stable confidence
Report Ramruma May 31, 2010 8:49 PM BST
Nor does the length of time Frankie took to pick him over Al Zir.
Report EastLower Gooner May 31, 2010 8:51 PM BST
do Tiger Hill's win these sort of races?

thought this won would be better suited to the german derby or sumfink easier?
Report ben10 May 31, 2010 8:52 PM BST
He looked like a classy horse the way he ran last time, but of course it's only potentially until he steps into Group 1 company. I am intersted in him for the French Derby, hope we get some prices before Epsom though.
Report The Headmaster June 1, 2010 3:33 PM BST
I have to say if I was looking for a bet now, and wasn't already up to my ears in him, Rewilding still looks the value.
Report johnn June 1, 2010 4:30 PM BST
In a race with a host of ifs, buts and maybes, might be a sporting bet at 12s, considering there appears to be some more to come.

Taking Workforce at half the price after being clouted by an APOB horse at York, or Bullet Train who I suspect beat handicappers at Lingfield and is also a shorter price, are the options to Ballydoyle.

Starting to look like a "no bet" race, unless you have a nice price about something.
Report Yank June 1, 2010 5:01 PM BST
No doubt Rewilding brings some of most interesting form to race. He was the only one to come out of the pack to chase Planteur who had already gone for home, then hosed up at Goodwood. Al Zarooni has been on tune as well.
Report turnip turns June 1, 2010 5:13 PM BST
HM,as a matter of intrest,what price have you got him for the Derby ?
Report EastLower Gooner June 1, 2010 5:16 PM BST
whats the weather forcasts like? Got to fancy the German bloodlines in the slop.
Report The Headmaster June 1, 2010 5:35 PM BST
If the BF graph is to be believed, tt, everything from 200 up on here is a Head bet, although the lowest price in the book is 40.  I'd go in again at 12 if I had anything left in the account Laugh.
Tbh I had him added and was trying to back off it hoping he'd drift to 1000 or thereabouts.  Then I got twitchy. Shocked
Report turnip turns June 1, 2010 5:37 PM BST
Thanks HM,good work,and good luck to ya [;)]
Report The Headmaster June 1, 2010 5:38 PM BST
Apart from the sire, ELG, who himself wasn't a typical German, isn't Rewilding pure French class?
Report EastLower Gooner June 1, 2010 6:02 PM BST
yep....some nice relatives...his half brother River Dance won a massive g1 out in hong kong back in the day...had scott's view and stanley chin behind him that day.
Report turnip turns June 1, 2010 6:11 PM BST
scott's viewLove loved that horseHappy
Report EastLower Gooner June 1, 2010 6:20 PM BST
he was awesome...one of those rare horsies that works his way right through the ranks.
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby June 1, 2010 7:23 PM BST
Simon Crisford on the subject of the four horses adopted from Fabre:

“It’s pretty simple really,” Crisford said. “Andre Fabre is employed by Godolphin to produce horses to a certain level of form. When he feels that they have reached the required standard, the horses then come over to us.”

...........and we get them back to being handicappers Laugh
Report BritBronco June 1, 2010 7:40 PM BST
I've already got JV at 10/1 and MT at 8/1, adding Rewilding @ 11/1 as its the only one I really fear.
Report EastLower Gooner June 2, 2010 3:28 AM BST
the joker watered the track yesterday....says he's going to put more on.

all it will take is one quick downpour on friday and bingo!!!
Report Yank June 2, 2010 1:38 PM BST
Rewilding ran v well in 2 French style races -- and Goodwood run shows he handles sort of track he faces Saturday. But he hasnt faced a strong early pace that he will face in Derby. What do his supporters think?
Report EastLower Gooner June 2, 2010 1:49 PM BST
wonder if Frankie will try one of his famous rides from the front...slow it right down rounding Tattenham Corner then kick away and make full use of his stamina and class in the straight....could easily poach 2-3 valuable lengths on them. 

If he shoots for the lead early I can see Queally and Micheal Hills dropping Bullet Train and Teds Spread back.

I think they will try to save a bit on BT this time around...he got away with things big time at Lingfield while the latter wouldve been a huge candidate to wire the field if the Dazzler was on board.
Report Yank June 2, 2010 2:18 PM BST
Hard to predict what Coolmore will do with At First Sight, as they hae made a ball s up of their pace setting often enought. BUT if he is sent to make the sort of strong pace he made at Leopardstown, then Frankies wont have that option. Anyway, they have ridden him patiently twice out this year and it worked, so I dont think they would change it for the big show.
Report Yank June 2, 2010 2:18 PM BST
Hard to predict what Coolmore will do with At First Sight, as they hae made a ball s up of their pace setting often enought. BUT if he is sent to make the sort of strong pace he made at Leopardstown, then Frankies wont have that option. Anyway, they have ridden him patiently twice out this year and it worked, so I dont think they would change it for the big show.
Report The Headmaster June 2, 2010 3:48 PM BST
Cell 1 Cell 2
Cell 3 Cell 4
Rewilding ran v well in 2 French style races -- and Goodwood run shows he handles sort of track he faces Saturday. But he hasnt faced a strong early pace that he will face in Derby. What do his supporters think?

This supporter thinks he'll love it.  I'm no pedigree expert but you cannot think this is anything other than a 12f horse.  His excellent form in 'French style' races can only be improved upon given a test imo.
Report redal2 June 2, 2010 3:57 PM BST
The stats show nothing to make me think that he won't like decent ground. With the watering it won't be over fast anyway. I'm surprised the price is still in double figures so have topped up a little more Happy
Report turnip turns June 2, 2010 4:02 PM BST
Redal,where are these double figures you speak of peeeze ?Mischief
Report Yank June 2, 2010 4:12 PM BST
Headmaster, you could be right. In fact, the Prix Noailles race seemed to indicate that he might appreciate a stronger pace and it may be the case that there wont be that strong a pace on here. Good luck.
Report The Headmaster June 2, 2010 5:52 PM BST
A slowly-run Derby is only relative to other Derbys imo.  They're all run at a decent lick, no?
Report ben10 June 2, 2010 5:58 PM BST
The only way he can win is if the Derby's strong run imv
Report The Headmaster June 3, 2010 4:59 PM BST
Money finally coming for the Big Blue. 'Bout time too.

Timeform seem rather keen as well.... Plain
Report turnip turns June 3, 2010 5:01 PM BST
Good luck Headmaster,hope it comes in for ya,whatta buzz [;)]Cool
Report Man From Atlantis June 3, 2010 5:05 PM BST
Looks worthy of being second favorite to me...still good value at 15/2..am on @ 14/1...should be more like 5 or 6/1 to my mind. GL HM Cool
Report turnip turns June 3, 2010 5:12 PM BST
Derby Day,Dettori,Blue sky,Blue silks,could go off fav imo,funny things can happen on the day,could defo see it going off 4/1 ish Silly
Report Man From Atlantis June 3, 2010 5:37 PM BST
Happy Spot on ttSilly
Report turnip turns June 3, 2010 5:40 PM BST
We'll see [;)]
Report Man From Atlantis June 4, 2010 10:40 PM BST
REWILDING is a "fast-improving colt" Godolphin racing manager Simon Crisford said on Friday and one of three challengers the stable hope will all prove competitive over the Investec Derby's 1m4f distance.
Cool
Report EastLower Gooner June 5, 2010 12:59 AM BST
certainly refreshing to see Godolphin hit some sort of form on the eve of the derby.

Alexandros shouldve have won but the other two Hollberg and Shakespeare were quite decent training performances.

also nice to see the Oaks winner come from a Goodwood trial.

still wondering if Frankie might try and steal this won....
Report Stake & Chips June 5, 2010 8:25 AM BST
I reckon Rewilding might end up close to favourite today with the books seemingly wanting to get Jan Vermeer. Has been tipped up by Segal, Valuescope, Rob Wright, Rix to come?
Report fuzzyone June 5, 2010 8:32 AM BST
Is Planteur a good thing in the French Derby at 4s tomorrow?
Report Yank June 5, 2010 10:28 AM BST
Buzzword is excellent e/w value. Before you write him off, listen.

His sire Pivotal can get classy stayers with speed, Sariska to wit. His dam Bustling stayed the distance w.o winning.
Breeding wise, he has the sort of profile -- mix of stamina and speed, w question going in whether he stays -- which can improves significantly when stepping up, if they truly get the distance of course.

Sheikh Mo owned the dam and it was on his recommendation that the horse was rerouted to Epsom from Chantilly after a very good work, when the stable -- I mean Al Zarooni, not Godolphin - were already supplementing Rewilding.

Al Zarooni has been going v well with 25% strike rate w 3yos. Ajtebi is a solid jockey -- and he has been up on him numerous times in highclass races and stayed loyal to him [presumably he was offered the ride on Al Zir before Fawwon].

He has classy 2yo old form, including running on at a mile on American firm at Breeder's Cup when he had flattened out at end of long season -- true, looks exposed on that basis.

He was given to need the 2000 G run when 12 lengths behind D Turpin. He progressed to the Poulains run where he was about 3/4 lenths behind that one. In RP figs stepped up over a stone! If you watch him in the race, he breaks well and easily goes a strong early pace, is caught a bit flat and cant go with D Turpin 2fl out, then stays on again for 4th.

He is the third highest rated horse in the field.

I am in large e/w.
Report Man From Atlantis June 5, 2010 10:59 AM BST
Looks like being firm second favorite as I suggested...now just needs to win Cool GL HM & all Rewilding backers Cool
Report The Headmaster June 5, 2010 10:59 AM BST
2nd fav now - you might not be far away there Stake [:D]
Report Man From Atlantis June 5, 2010 11:09 AM BST
Personally don't expect Rewilding to be outright favorite as Jan Vermeer has edge on form; also expect money for JM now pushing 3/1+, If anything WF; MT & BT to drift some more, but we'll see Grin
Report Pret a Gagner June 5, 2010 11:25 AM BST
EW Derby Double: Rewilding 6/1, Planeteur 4/1 Grin
Report Man From Atlantis June 5, 2010 1:20 PM BST
9/2 in a place now Shocked
Report trev w June 5, 2010 1:48 PM BST
good luck rewilders[;)]
Report EastLower Gooner June 5, 2010 2:12 PM BST
front runners track....frankie's gotta go for this.
Report The Headmaster June 5, 2010 2:18 PM BST
Not sure we want to lead too soon, ELG.  The two times Rewilding's hit the front the old ears have been twitching a bit...
Report EastLower Gooner June 5, 2010 2:42 PM BST
relentless from godolphin now :o
Report The Headmaster June 5, 2010 2:55 PM BST
Wondering if we'd be better off with SBS! Silly
Report TD_Gunner June 5, 2010 3:03 PM BST
come on Frankie, not too far please.
Report The Headmaster June 5, 2010 3:10 PM BST
I assume those with bigger prices are looking at a green book?
Report teflontom June 5, 2010 3:30 PM BST
3.25 Doncaster-that form is garbage-Rewilding wont place!
Report redal2 June 5, 2010 4:18 PM BST
Yes Head a green book. He certainly didn't enjoy that but ran well for the place. Still some hope for my 44s for the Arc!
Report Man From Atlantis June 5, 2010 4:21 PM BST
Nothing could go with Workforce..but essentially second best in race after pacemaker given too much rope. Bad luck HM. Sad
Report The Headmaster June 5, 2010 4:24 PM BST
Can't complain.  2.5 just gone back in the account.  He blew the start, didn't really handle the track, found the ground too quick and was beaten by a monster.  All things considered he ran very well imo.
Report EastLower Gooner June 5, 2010 5:29 PM BST
yep. didnt handle the track to the level required to win this.
Report bobbyjo June 5, 2010 6:54 PM BST
Another great shout to back up Makfi HM...many thanks for sharing your thoughts
Report ben10 June 5, 2010 8:14 PM BST
Yeah, nice find Headmaster, think my Leger horse call still alive Mischief
Report teflontom June 5, 2010 8:29 PM BST
Headmaster-did not rate his chances.I was wrong!Good shout.
Report santa concerto June 5, 2010 8:50 PM BST
looks a ggod horse for the st leger yes[;)]
Report Steeplechasing June 5, 2010 11:18 PM BST
Another very fine call HM - I think many 'top' jocks estimated the pace poorly today which did nothing for your chances of landing a big payday.

I accept the winner was most impressive, but Moore was superb and Frankie ought to stop believing his own hype.
Report ben10 June 5, 2010 11:19 PM BST
Agree Rewilding should have chased the pacemaker closely
Report nibbledat June 6, 2010 12:44 AM BST
rewilding is sh1t and personally cant do with dettoriPlain
Report nibbledat June 6, 2010 12:58 AM BST
not good enough sh1t
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com