Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
zilzal1
08 Apr 08 12:43
| Topic/replies: 11,054 | Blogger: zilzal1's blog
Please put all observations for Flat racing this season on one thread so we can send it to the gambling commission in Oct under the file "giving misleading information to the public"

Every time you attend a meeting, or spot a misleading going report-stick it on here.

Newcastles one on sat was a start, Good to soft, soft in the 1st two furlongs with good to firm patches in the last 2 furlongs was the advanced given, and the official was good to soft soft in places. RP time based was Heavy, and the fact that Markab, who won the 7f as easy as you liked had won on it before supports this, Pertempts had also won on soft

Another meaningless entry into the form book

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 37  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 37 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,450
By:
zilzal1
When: 08 Apr 08 16:21
ttt
By:
turnip turns
When: 08 Apr 08 17:41
Good idea this Zilzal1,hope it goes well.
By:
cherry
When: 09 Apr 08 03:57
I'd just like to applaud this initiative, zilzal; we need these 'diary' threads where we can accumulate evidence long term and I'm only sorry I didn't think of it.
By:
turnip turns
When: 09 Apr 08 15:54
ttt
By:
jonjo
When: 11 Apr 08 13:09
One or two dissenting voices on the forum about the official description at Doncaster......
Maybe we need to see the times set against the 'official' going eh?
By:
cherry
When: 11 Apr 08 13:09
J Quinn says the Donny going is definitely soft but the official going is good
By:
zilzal1
When: 11 Apr 08 14:07
The only flat meeting this week so far where the times have matched has been Folkestone
By:
cherry
When: 11 Apr 08 14:29
Frank said it was soft, heavy in places
By:
zilzal1
When: 11 Apr 08 14:33
Mmm the result of the 4.25 tells me its good to soft, only because they normally win over the other side when its really soft-3 meetings in a row they have s**ped sides in sprints, lucky i thought Cape drifted out too far as i had her down for a early win
By:
zilzal1
When: 11 Apr 08 16:42
Well Musselborough ended up soft, not changing for a couple of races, silly me backing bajan pride early doors and Doncaster GS/Soft in places. Dont think i will be playing early doors at Donny tomorrow
By:
E
When: 12 Apr 08 13:13
Nice idea for a thread,there is nothing worse than hearing about selective watering and trying to change track bias etc.

In my head i have a list of a handful of clerks who i do not trust,they are either incompetent or simply do not tell the truth.It really annoys me in the Summer when i've had a bet in the morning and then had to get rid of it in the afternoon because some clerk has made a mess of things again.I love racing but this is the big thing that really gets to me and makes me sometimes think i might aswell move to sports betting instead.
By:
Deep Impact
When: 12 Apr 08 13:22
Just watching the 3.05 @ Donny, visually at least, the ground doesn't look like it's that SOFT. The winner has ran almost exclusively on decent ground & was last on it's only try on bad going
By:
zilzal1
When: 12 Apr 08 13:23
Any idea of the time??
By:
zilzal1
When: 12 Apr 08 13:24
Given as soft this morning, 2yo race was only 4 secs above
By:
Deep Impact
When: 12 Apr 08 13:33
Winning Time: 1m 01.9s
By:
Perpetual
When: 12 Apr 08 13:35
more polytrack imo, im doing most of my betting at kempton or wolver these days

stops the second guessing
By:
zilzal1
When: 12 Apr 08 13:36
Cheers DI
By:
zilzal1
When: 13 Apr 08 10:44
Another entry wrong into the form book, Doncaster given as Soft. times indicate Good to soft, see this years Doncaster meetings to compare
By:
jonjo
When: 13 Apr 08 11:30
Current advertised going for the Craven meeting is (unsurprisingly) 'good'.......
We await with baited breath Prosser's soon to be announced watering plans......
By:
zilzal1
When: 13 Apr 08 13:29
Mmm. Windsor giving out good with good to soft in places with the going stick at 8.8
By:
zilzal1
When: 13 Apr 08 13:32
Unless she stuck it in the car park
By:
jonjo
When: 13 Apr 08 15:58
There'll be some soft bits where the taps were left unattended......
My man at the track (LOL I DO actually have a 'man at the track' at Windsor) says it's been looking in 'good fettle' (direct quote)
By:
zilzal1
When: 13 Apr 08 16:36
There are some dirty great big clouds around at present. With rain forecast tomorrow i can see them going far side tomorrow. i may go, see how i feel. Margarsons charge tried to give a useful Cumani animal weight last year, and Moores mount in the last could be interesting.
By:
zilzal1
When: 13 Apr 08 16:38
And here the rain is!!!
By:
zilzal1
When: 13 Apr 08 22:27
ttt
By:
cryoftruth
When: 14 Apr 08 06:51
I think the issue of watering should be definitely included. Last season was the worst ever for clerks to artificially change the going. I understand that they don't want very firm of hard going for some of the big meetings as the fields would be decimated. However the policy of watering to start a meeting on good ground instead of good to firm ground should be fought and fought hard. It is goiong to mean that horses that like fast ground, as per Sakhhe's Secret at Haydock last year will never win another race at group level.
By:
zilzal1
When: 14 Apr 08 16:28
I will have to look at Windsors standard times, it looked softer than the times
By:
Deep Impact
When: 15 Apr 08 17:49
*For Information Purposes*

NEWMARKET is to provide good ground that will ride just on the slow side for the first day of its Craven meeting on Wednesday, according to clerk of the course Michael Prosser.

Racing's headquarters enjoyed a sunny day on Tuesday when temperatures went as high as 11C.

Prosser said on Tuesday: "It was a lovely spring day which started with a frost but featured sunny spells.

Following 3.4mm of rain on Monday the ground is good, but riding just on the slow side.

Thursday is expected to be dry with sunny spells but will be slightly coolerwith an easterly breeze."

Overnight on Tuesday the racecourse was anticipating showers which would produce 3-4mm of rainfall.
By:
zilzal1
When: 15 Apr 08 18:01
Think Ravens could go Greenham bound, The far rail will be the place to be imo at Newmarket
By:
zilzal1
When: 16 Apr 08 20:14
ttt
By:
jonjo
When: 17 Apr 08 15:02
Ripon : Officially 'good to soft'

Bullsh!t?
By:
zilzal1
When: 17 Apr 08 15:08
Yep, this goes down as soft in my Form guide
By:
zilzal1
When: 17 Apr 08 15:17
Jonjo, unless the clerk tried to water out the far side bias that usually happens here on easy ground??
By:
zilzal1
When: 18 Apr 08 11:28
ttt
By:
zilzal1
When: 18 Apr 08 15:03
Seems people are not to happy with the clerk at Ayr
By:
jonjo
When: 18 Apr 08 15:15
Who's in the hot seat there Zil?
By:
zilzal1
When: 18 Apr 08 15:18
Dont know Jonjo, but it seems to have gone from Heavy to Good in three days!!!!. Btw Newbury timewise has gone Good on the straight course imo
By:
zilzal1
When: 18 Apr 08 15:19
Half the Lads in the kitchen are searching their bin bags for the Noir Et Vert Vouchers!!!!
By:
turnip turns
When: 18 Apr 08 16:59
How can it possibly go from heavy to good in three days,somebody been using a hoover ! As a matter of intrest,who do the clerks of courses, answer to,if anybody !
Page 1 of 37  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 37 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com